More Pluto fun...

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
Mike
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

More Pluto fun...

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:56 am

Hi all,

I am analyzing a natal chart for a friend, and am finally up against a chart where I definitely need to know whether or not Pluto's aspects are as tight as they seem.
In particular, it looks like Pluto has a partile trine to Sun and Mercury, a partile semisquare to Jupiter, and a respectably close opposition to Moon.
But I can't tell for sure; it's 14 1/2 degrees off of the eclipctic.

Can anyone help me calculate how close these aspects are?
I do know the declination and celestial latitude of all of the planets, but I'm not certain how to interpret what I'm looking at.
I do not currently have Solar Fire. (This should be changing in the near future.)

Birth data:
July 14, 1993
5:55pm
Ridgewood, NJ, USA

Thank you :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: More Pluto fun...

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:06 am

The ecliptical aspects are going to apply anyway. That's the main (most reliable) way to assess aspects. So yes, Pluto is 2°53' from opposite Moon, 0°22' from trine Sun, 0°10' from trine Mercury, and 0°21' from semisquare Jupiter.

No matter what happens mundanely, it doesn't take this away. At most, it could contribute more (and it hasn't been established, to my firm satisfaction, that mundane aspects are that important in a natal chart).

Even mundanely, Sun trines Pluto 0°44', though the Mercury is wider.

One useful thing the mundoscope does how is that Jupiter is only 0°04' from Midheaven! Venus is also widely foreground (< 9° below Descendant).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:11 am

Mike, your friend's natal Mundoscope, fwiw.
http://imgur.com/a/3Sivd

Mike
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:25 am

Thank you all!