sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Venus-Jupiter aspects - harsh starts

Post by sotonye » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 am

VENUS-JUPITER
Usually has an easier time through life despite sometimes harsh starts (experience unusual luck or patronage),
Mr. E what does this look like? The harsh starts being described?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Venus-Jupiter aspects - harsh starts

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 am

sotonye wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 am

VENUS-JUPITER
Usually has an easier time through life despite sometimes harsh starts (experience unusual luck or patronage),
Mr. E what does this look like? The harsh starts being described?
First, a clarification on what I meant. The above passage was not meant to say that one can expect harsh starts in life. The word "sometimes" communicates that it's not a normal occurrence but, rather, is an occasional occurrence.

What I mean by the passage specifically is that the issue of having a harsh start in life is not a contradiction to the generalization that these people usually have an easier time through life. Whether early conditions are pleasant or unpleasant, good or bad, is indifferent to the fact that these people usually have an easier time through life. - More than that would be speculation, but my speculation is that once they are adults, making their own decisions, and in control of their own lives, they make choices that lead to kinder consequences.

The passage originated because a small subset of the Venus-Jupiter people I know best had objectively bad early lives. Of people close to me, the single closest, strongest Venus-Jupiter aspect I know had parents that expressed great emotional violence (primarily fueled by alcohol), her mother was a usually-drunk rageaholic, there was rarely sexual abuse by an adult who was around the family. As an adult, this person created a quite different life, especially after the Saturn Return.

And so forth. The stories are all a little different, which is part of why I think the Venus-Jupiter is indifferent to the particulars of the hardship. The hardship is just a different thing that happens in the course of the life.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:33 pm

I have a Venus/Jupiter square, and I can attest to this. My father died in a terrible car accident before I was born. I need to upload his birthday sometime soon because it's a strange one, and the truth I found out about him is even stranger. I was molested at a very young age by a family friend due to my mother being kicked out of her parent's house due to her own terrible relationship with her mother. My mother was a also a rageaholic, angry person, who always put men before me until she realized I was an indipendent human being with feelings, but it was too late by that time. About having an easier time in life, I don't think it's necissarly true. I have a very, very rich family on my father's side, but I've seen very little of it. My fraternal aunt has been somewhat kind to me though. I'm 34 years old, and I can say I haven't had an easier time in life just because my parent's terrible decisions have come back to haunt me.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Thank you for the explanation Mr. E, my own life has followed the pattern described as well, pretty tough childhood caused by parents

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:07 pm

I don't see Jim saying that it's usual for these people to experience hardship in early life. It happens occasionally but is not the norm he says above.

I think you will need to look at other planetary exprrssions to explain your hardships.

F.ex. srxual abuse or violence linked with your Mars aspects..it's not a Venus-Jupiter thing at all.

gmugmble
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by gmugmble » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 pm

There are two very tight "aspect clusters" in my chart: (1) Venus square Jupiter, with sun semisquare Venus and sesquare Jupiter, all within 6 minutes, and (2) Mars semisquare Saturn within 15 minutes. (None of these bodies is angular.) So any hard aspect to any of Venus, Jupiter, and sun is an aspect to all of them, and the same for Mars and Saturn. I call them my happy spot and my sad spot.

Re the Venus-Jupiter aspect, "has an easier time through life" can be the title of my autobiography. Everything has always fallen into place for me, to an embarrassing amount, despite my laziness, procrastination, lack of ambition, carelessness, profound impracticality, lack of real-world common sense, etc. [But where do these qualities come from? Sun and Mercury in Pisces? Moon 5° from Neptune?] I've lived my life in fear that I would eventually use up all my good karma coupons and plunge into poverty and misery.

I pay attention to transits, but unfortunately I haven't noticed any real patterns. Transits to the happy spot don't reliably correspond to happy events, nor transits to the sad spot to misfortunes.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:40 am

gmugmble wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 pm
There are two very tight "aspect clusters" in my chart: (1) Venus square Jupiter, with sun semisquare Venus and sesquare Jupiter, all within 6 minutes, and (2) Mars semisquare Saturn within 15 minutes. (None of these bodies is angular.) So any hard aspect to any of Venus, Jupiter, and sun is an aspect to all of them, and the same for Mars and Saturn. I call them my happy spot and my sad spot.

Re the Venus-Jupiter aspect, "has an easier time through life" can be the title of my autobiography. Everything has always fallen into place for me, to an embarrassing amount, despite my laziness, procrastination, lack of ambition, carelessness, profound impracticality, lack of real-world common sense, etc. [But where do these qualities come from? Sun and Mercury in Pisces? Moon 5° from Neptune?] I've lived my life in fear that I would eventually use up all my good karma coupons and plunge into poverty and misery.
I’ve got a similar aspect structure going on, Moon-Jupiter at 0°31’, Moon-Venus at 0°46’, and Venus-Jupiter at 1°17’, with Jupiter exactly angular at 0°21’ conjunct the descendant and with the Moon sitting neatly across the horizon conjunct the ascendant at 1°04, and much of what you’re saying about your life sounds a lot like mine! But since this thread is about harsh starts associated with Venus-Jupiter aspects, I’m wondering if you have anything to add on that score, if the beginning of your life was a bit tough, and, if it was, if all that could be distinguished from the usual symbolism that follows from Mars-Saturn configurations (which would be difficult). Also it would be excellent if you could post your chart info in the the section for forum participant data!

gmugmble
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by gmugmble » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:39 pm

sotonye wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:40 am
But since this thread is about harsh starts associated with Venus-Jupiter aspects, I’m wondering if you have anything to add on that score ... Also it would be excellent if you could post your chart info in the the section for forum participant data!
Ha! I intended to say something about that in my original post but forgot :oops: Basically, I don't remember anything harsh about my childhood, and I had two loving parents. But I know that they were quite poor at first, until their financial situation gradually improved. There were a few times when they couldn't afford basic groceries. (Have you ever had to brush your teeth with salt and baking soda? Blech!) But none of this affected me emotionally.

BIrth data:
27 March 1956, 4:30 PM
Gadsden, Alabama, USA
I remember seeing my birth certificate with that time on it, but I no longer have it, and the birth certificate I requested from the State of Alabama does not list a time. The time was confirmed by my mother.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Venus-Jupiter certainly becomes prominent for your current residence! Yowsa! (Also your Pluto.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com