Sun-Uranus

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Sun-Uranus

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:28 pm

I'm trying to learn more here, as my Sun only interacts really with Uranus. In a sign like Sagittarius on top of it all I just don't quite get how or where I fit into society (I reflect outwardly as an introverted but well-spoken hippy stoner who looks like he fell off the woodstock bus time-machine).

As for a general note, I'd often use "scientific" to describe Sun-Uranus folks, however isn't at all a word I'd use to describe myself (unless we are talking about occult science). Though in school the subject (all but physics) came easy to me. None the less thoughts? Ideas?
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Sun-Uranus

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Your Sun aspects are:

Class 1: square Uranus (0°48' PVP)

Class 2: trine Moon (4°59'), trine Saturn (5°13')

You might consider (somewhat wide) the Sun-Jupiter mundane square (4°02'), but I don't know how we'd filter that from Sun in Sagittarius and angular Jupiter. - Ah, wait, in the 10° series of aspects, your Sun-Jupiter is only 0°13' wide (and Sun-Venus 0°16' in the opposite direction). These three make an interesting structure, therefore, in your Novien.

My boilerplate for Sun-Uranus conjunction, opposition, or square is:
Go their own way, unapologetically following their own paths, persuaded that they are a “special case.” Resourceful, stimulating, but easily bored (in need of frequent stimulation). Love of freedom: bow to no authority but themselves. Progressive, future-oriented, uninhibited by convention. Adept at creative problem solving. Self-perspective usually founded in objectivity.
While "scientific" isn't wrong, I'm not sure I can justify it as right for Sun-Uranus in general.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Parto

Post by Parto » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm

I think Aquarius is more specifically scientific, and Uranus in general not quite as much.

Reflecting on how friendly Uranus is or isn't with Sagittarius (and Jupiter) could be a very interesting (self-)exploration.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:27 pm

Pluto and Jupiter balance distinctly well to me (as they both play with the moon and Midheaven). Jupiter and Uranus is a little more difficult to piece together. As for the class 2 sets that you listed, it makes sense that Saturn dances with both my sun and moon (and I'm a capricorn as well), if it was given any angularity at all in my chart I'm most certain it would be my ruling planet (this all being said I feel the least conflict with Saturn and Capricorn energy).

As for Aquarius being more scientific I could see that (especially if you play with the idea of Saturn having some pull in the sign- a disciplined chaos, an electric intuition).

In Uranus I always felt something distinctly spiritual and universal about it. (My contact to cultures lies mostly in thier food, magic, and spiritually). I always thought of Pluto-Moon being what lead to my ability to empathize (I'm an empath) and my inability to sympathize. However it doesn't exactly explain my love of the occult {Tarot, Vodou, astrology, obeah etc). Could this be Capricorn or Uranus?

I guess I dress distinctively Uranus influenced as well, wearing mulitcolored harem pants, sporting a drug rug, chanclas and a red Chullo hat in the winter (a black Stetson in the summer/sun).

Funny that all these subtleties exist on my sun , also I think it's weird having a chart where all three of my signs are backed by strong planets in my chart (Angular Jupiter/Sun, illuminated Saturn/Jupiter, exalted Mars).. Pluto and Uranus seem to be the outliers and probably why I'm more curious about them than Sun/Jupiter/Saturn.

All of this makes me wonder too how Mars doesn't flavor my sun (even bringing Venus in their with Jupiter, my Venus is very much Mars oriented).

I'm curious too if I come across as intensely Uranus, as people tend to think I'm an Uranus sign when they meet me (Scorpio/Aquarius). Also why doesn't Uranus hinder my love of capricorn energy (I've always wondered that).

I think I first moved into sidereal astrology because of the thought that sagittarius was a free loving, chaotic sign, who had a fire to spark creation and who loved to travel and explore the world and the universe. Then I felt a close connection to the feind that is capricorn, once I came to learn of the sign, and always wondered why Mars didn't have equal pull over me as did my other bodies.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Parto

Post by Parto » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:17 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:27 pm
Jupiter and Uranus is a little more difficult to piece together.
To give an idea: back in the thread about "natural opposites" we mentioned that Saturn is commonly considered opposite of both Jupiter and Uranus. In an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of way, what ideas does this stir up?
I'm curious too if I come across as intensely Uranus, as people tend to think I'm an Uranus sign when they meet me (Scorpio/Aquarius).
With you having a strong, close Uranus aspect with a luminary, it's no surprise.
Also why doesn't Uranus hinder my love of capricorn energy (I've always wondered that).
Why would it? Saturn-Uranus enmity aside, I feel Uranus is quite consonant with Capricorn in general; maybe with its Mars exaltation in particular.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:37 am

Perhaps (and generationally it is in the sign as well). Jupiter-Uranus is very much a gifts from god, unchained ambition, and boundless freedom (basically the idea behind tropical sagittarius). I guess there is sense of that in tropical Aquarius and Scorpio as well and that is what people hint on.

As for Mas exaltation in Capricorn having some inclination to Uranus traits I could see the link between unshackling and the physical wilderness themes otherwise I don't know (thoughts here Jim?).
I've heard whimsical stories of Saturn evolving (into Uranus) in Aquarius (but never Uranus to Capricorn).

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Also does Uranus represent fog (or represented by)? If so on a Sunday night my mom went into labor- I was born {ironically} on a dreary abysmal Monday morning where the dinge grey clouds hung low and swallowed the sky and sun..a light snow was a drift but not heavy as it was supposedly really cold.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:26 pm

No, that's Neptune.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:30 am

It's at the base of my nodes but that's really it..
back to the topic a bit, are there any other known examples of Sun-Uranus (Asc/Vx) people that anyone knows off the top of their head? (Personally or otherwise?)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:17 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:30 am
back to the topic a bit, are there any other known examples of Sun-Uranus (Asc/Vx) people that anyone knows off the top of their head? (Personally or otherwise?)
Sure. Some people on or connected to this forum include SteveS, Stef, and Lance's ex-wife.

Among more famous people, consider: Pres. George H.W. Bush, Bill Gates, John D. Rockefeller, Bruno Hauptman
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:35 am

Sun 2,50 Virgo
Uranus 2,06 Gem
A partile aspect which has “reigned supreme” in my life.
This is how this important aspect manifested in my life:

At young immature ages was a thrill junkie (seeker). Later in life became a discovery of unique refined things from a learning standpoint, a discovery learning junkie of things very Mercury in Nature mainly through the written word (unique books and certain unique people). This Mercury Learning Nature, of course, naturally manifests from my Virgo Sun and Gemini Uranus. It pleases/satisfies me greatly when I learn new things which can be molded through my lifestyles. I love learning special unique new things! I cherish independence and freedom to pursue my own special interests with my individual lifestyles. I always strive to put myself in environments where I only have to answer to myself.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:43 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:35 am
At young immature ages was a thrill junkie (seeker). Later in life became a discovery of unique refined things from a learning standpoint, a discovery learning junkie of things very Mercury in Nature mainly through the written word (unique books and certain unique people). This Mercury Learning Nature, of course, naturally manifests from my Virgo Sun and Gemini Uranus. It pleases/satisfies me greatly when I learn new things which can be molded through my lifestyles. I love learning special unique new things! I cherish independence and freedom to pursue my own special interests with my individual lifestyles. I always strive to put myself in environments where I only have to answer to myself.
I don't remember if I've mentioned this before: A trick I've long employed to incorporate a sign's meaning into an aspect - especially if it's a luminary sign - is to add the shading of the planet's aspect to the luminary sign ruler. In other words, Sun square Uranus tells us plenty, but Virgo Sun square Uranus I also read as Mercury square Uranus in combination. (It works for other planets, too, but it's more obvious with luminaries.)

In your case, Steve, this is even more pronounced since the square is Gemini-Virgo - double Spoke and double Mercury.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Profit
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Profit » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 pm

Soft Alpaca....

Jim's Boilerplate is well meant... It's a very decent rule of thumb. However so many other factors will come into play. I've got 3.5 degrees of separation from my Sun to Uranus conjunction. In Taurus... My Mars is in Aires... Independent..... Favorite Holiday is the 4th of July which is typically 17 degrees Gemini which just happens to partile conjunct My natal Mercury.

My personal take for Sun-Uranus conjunction is:
Go their own way, unapologetically following their own paths. Resourceful, stimulating, Love of freedom: Progressive, future-oriented, uninhibited by convention. Adept at creative problem solving. Self-perspective usually founded in objectivity. (taken from Jim's list)

Uranus is heavily associated with tech... innovation... turn of the card mobility... science...

Saturn is the eyes of some continues to rule Aquarius as well as Capricorn...

Are these energies of yours in a background house?

Be the Revolution!

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:07 pm

I have a Sun-Uranus aspect that's about 1°11 apart. But it's a background trine. I don't notice it much. Sometimes it lights up with a transit.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:07 pm
I have a Sun-Uranus aspect that's about 1°11 apart. But it's a background trine. I don't notice it much. Sometimes it lights up with a transit.
Yes, when I gave the list above I just did a computer search for conjunctions, oppositions, and squares within 3°.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Jim wrote:
I don't remember if I've mentioned this before: A trick I've long employed to incorporate a sign's meaning into an aspect - especially if it's a luminary sign - is to add the shading of the planet's aspect to the luminary sign ruler. In other words, Sun square Uranus tells us plenty, but Virgo Sun square Uranus I also read as Mercury square Uranus in combination. (It works for other planets, too, but it's more obvious with luminaries.) In your case, Steve, this is even more pronounced since the square is Gemini-Virgo - double Spoke and double Mercury.
Indeed Jim, something I have long been aware for a significant signature for my Natal. Mercury and its influences are close to by heart/soul. Also, I have long been aware of this same positional Mercury for your Natal Asc & MC, since you have taught me so much Sidereal Astrology. :)

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Sagittarius Sun sq Uranus (in Capricorn) so Jupiter-Uranus. also yes if Saturn does also rule aquarius it would make perfect sense for me to get confused as an Aquarius (Saturn aspecting my moon and Mars in it's exaltation, which tells you about saturn profit, Mars might be in mid or for ground im not sure). Freedom of ambition and culture describes me well (a better way to describe me is to add Saturn's discipline/survival to this anyway "disciplined toward freedom and cultural survival unbound by society" ).

I think that Uranus in my own case explains why I feel so disconnected to my solar energy (and go as far to describe myself as firey not orbital). So many layers to unfold, but I didn't think I'd be that I'd be so disconnected from the sun because of it (purely I think because as an introverted person that a lot of the societal stuff is really difficult for me) and rather than fit in and have people revolve around me I'd rather collect and consolidate power (specifically on a spiritual level). My connection to Cultures also has very very much to do with the dead (as I venerate them) more so even than the living.

I think Saturn-Pluto-Uranus are the planets I resonate with the most (followed by Jupiter).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm
also yes if Saturn does also rule aquarius...
I find it less and less useful over time to consider this at all. I hung onto it for decades mostly because Aquarius Sun people remind me of people with a Saturn-Uranus conjunction, but that's about it. Moon in Aquarius or Mars in Aquarius doesn't appear to have any Moon-Saturn or Mars-Saturn characteristic. It's much cleaner just to drop the ancient, superseded rulerships IMO.
rather than fit in and have people revolve around me I'd rather collect and consolidate power
That is so Sun + Jupiter!
My connection to Cultures also has very very much to do with the dead (as I venerate them) more so even than the living.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mars in Capricorn has some New Orleans graveyard feel about it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:33 pm

Very much so (the ghede family rules sex, child birth, death, alcohol, and crime(and punishment)). Full of raunchy hot pepper rum loving psychopomps each based on a real person (people).

I wouldn't go as far to say that I have a graveyard feel to me but it actually makes sense because ironically my nana (who has a Mars Cancer angular Scop-Aqu Moon&Sun) and we actually visit graveyards almost everywhere! Especially to find lost distant relatives (and we stop as we come across which always happens without us trying).

As for Aquarius in general I think that Saturn could show but to me it makes more sense (I think) as I'm uncovering capricorn more and more that it isn't so (because Uranus fits in the sign of capricorns energy very well, and I think that could lead to the blurr). Also the blurr is very old (not as scorpio libra which were at one point one sign).

As for Sun-Jupiter it is Jim? haha (I think though the core of what I'm saying is that fire is a sign linked to society and my place in it is where everything controversial and lonely lies, not at the center.) I've never seen myself as the hero of life's story (hero's are at the antithesis of autonomy which is my biggest contest to them) , now I have been called a "healer" and once an "angel" and it's always of lost and wary souls. However it's never sought, only found (they find me)..I lack almost all sympathy for things as well (knowing only uncontrollable empathy, apathy, and on occasion pity).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:56 pm

I think the Uranus vs. Saturn confusion is because, at root, they represent things that sound a lot of like but actually aren't that much alike.

Saturn behavior rests on the need for autonomy - to be self-governing and have control. Uranus behavior rests on the need for freedom - to be exempt from control, to act at liberty. From the perspective of "do other people control me," they look the same; but one is fundamentally to be free from all control and the other is to be in control, which are really quite obvious.

The problem has been even more confused by Tropical astrologers for a quite understandable reason: They thought the constellation Capricorn was Aquarius, so the behavior they saw in their pseudo-Aquarius they thought must be Uranian. It was really a blending of Mars and Saturn. (And, of course, since it was really Capricorn, it was always easy for them to justify a Saturn quality about it.)

So, even in the writings of so excellent an astrologer and observer as Charles Carter, buried in his description of Uranus we find the following ill-placed ideas: "patience, organizing powers, and hard common sense. It is also in some respects like the Sun, for it tends to seek out positions of power and responsibility... It has much to do with administration... it appears to rule both local and national government... holding positions of authority and control... moodiness, morbid sensitiveness," etc. That's not Uranus. That's Saturn!

I think it's because people confuse autonomy with freedom.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Autonomy is key to me I think even more than freedom but I use them hand in hand. "Freedom just means nothing else to loose". Also Autonomy is great up to a point, saturn's Intuition qabba teaches that material safety is a falsity and is merely an institution for self-comfort (death is therefore not a foe but a friend, a true absolute non-institutional comfort; a total and absolute freedom). And while those may just seem like words it's the only way I any way I know how to communicate this sacred idea with just words- this idea is ancient and old. This Jim, for me, is the area where Capricorn and Aquarius share a key word I use for them both "occult"(Intuition vs Breath). Pisces shows us a transformation of this -} for it I use the word "cult".

That description really sounds abousetly like me Jim btw (definitely Saturn/Mars energy is apparent).

I think the real reason I relate to capricorn the most is because I feel like in my chart it's energy is the most uncontested and harmonic in my chart. Saturn is felt easiest of all the planets inwardly (a partilie moon trine it's deeply attached to my innerpsyche) and Mars is at its absolute zone of comfort partilie to it's apex zone of operation (within degrees if I'm not wrong).

In all of this I think there is something to be said about the difference between Sun vs Jupiter +Uranus I'd like to make apparent. Sun-Uranus is at odds because of power collection methods (inward vs outward- Aquarius vs Leo).
Jupiter and Uranus misalign in a different area, Jupiter constraints itself (ultimately) because it's looking for an end (the apex at the end of many sagittarius people's goals before they crash and burn), it's compliance/ambition is mistaken for Uranus's freedom/naked truth (which knows that knowledge unlike matter is not finite- freedom idealogocally is then an Infinite infinity).

Just trying to separate these where I see the lines, which may be one-sided I understand.