My House Model: An Overview

Q&A and discussion on Houses including house models and domification systems.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: My House Model: An Overview

Post by Danica » Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:03 pm
I Just realized (wondering why it tool me so long) that one common denominator of all those types of relationships traditionally ascribed to the 7th house is that they are all (at least in potential, and at their best) of the nature of I-Thou relationships, as articulated by Martin Buber and cited so effectively in Garth Allen's "Kid Gloves" article on Pluto,

Given the historic equation of Aries to the 7th house, this is quite phenomenal!

Whether referring to one's mate, other true intimates, primary foes, etc., these have the particular kind of "pretense is stripped away" intimacy of I-Thou. The same is true of therapists and other counsellors, at least in the best situations. Of course, there are more circumferential relationships historically grouped here, too, e.g., anyone against whom one is opposed in a lawsuit. In general, though, I think this gives a new way to talk about the distinction of 7th house connections from, say, the "ordinary friends and contacts" attributed to the 11th house, playmates from the 5th, etc.

Tis also explains (as nothing else previously has) Manilius' equation of the Descendant with religious worship. It isn't in public festivities (e.g.) that this applies, but in the intimacy of prayer and other direct worship. The ultimate I-Thou relationship is with one's god.

This is... rather intriguing to me.
:idea: :idea: :idea:
The ultimate I-Thou relationship is with one's god.
The essence of Kierkegaard's work is focused on this subject, and it's what I find of greatest value in his opus; he's a fellow Aries Sun, with lots of Mercury-Mars. My uni thesis on him elaborated on how this ultimate I-Thou relationship with one's god is what constitutes the Individual in his philosophy.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: My House Model: An Overview

Post by Danica » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Buber's hour of birth is unknown; at noon on 2/8/1878, Vienna, Austria, the Sun has only one aspect: square Pl (03*57'); the Moon is 02*27 Aries, and there's a Mars-Neptune conj 20' wide, in Aries!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC