Sun & Moon House placements - interpretation resources

Q&A and discussion on Houses including house models and domification systems.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sun & Moon House placements - interpretation resources

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 am

Siderealists historically don't place much stock in houses (though Fagan and Bradley writings have some sharp exceptions to this!). I personally regard them as the weakest of the main chart factors (angularity, aspects, signs, houses). Nonetheless, I've found over the years that there is value in them if one follows the common-sense rules that apply to other chart factors such as signs: Sun and Moon placements, and secondarily those of a stellium, are the strongest house placements.

Using these as a guide, I derived working interpretations 20 years ago or so that still tend to hold up more often than not. In my experience, looking at the houses that hold the Sun, the Moon, or a stellium will generally show the core theme of that house prominent in the character and life of the individuals.

The interpretations following were derived from observation of people known to me. I give them for whatever value they may be to others. IIRC they've never been circulated in public before this year.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sun House placements

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 am

SUN IN THE HOUSES

The Sun vitalizes and illuminates the affairs of the house it tenants. Ego becomes identified, or entrenched in, or fed by these concepts.

I: Proud, authoritative, non-reciprocal. Strong and enthusiastic self-projection to environment. Sense of goal or direction. Vitality.

II: Keen sense of ownership; possessiveness; self identified with resources. Sense of power from harnessing resources.

III: Vivacious, restless. Intellect illuminated. Intellectually agile, versatile, calculating, shrewd. Disseminating. Little ambition or objective sense of direction. [ADD: Cagey, deceptive, in the sense of being indirect, manipulative.]

IV: Strong parental (paternal) principle (root-conscious). Emphasis on family matters (domesticity). Pride in home. Striving for a secure basis.

V: Oriented to pleasure (own and others’), spontaneous self-expression, strong individuation needs, self-confidence, delightfulness. Often riveting charisma. Creative thrust. Ego identified with own creations (children).

VI: Emphasis on work, service, and body/health concerns (body-conscious). Pride in personal achievements. Vitality not trustworthy. Determined worker.

VII: Needs ego-validation from others (vain, narcissistic), desire to be an important person. Others-oriented, a “public personality.” Holds self above reproach (“holier than thou”). Ambitious, confident demeanor; opportunistic. Considerable vitality.
[NOTE: Many of these (but not hardly all) have an overt or shadow need to be in charge of other people. Among the famous, this appears in many striking cases, including Hitler and Himmler, Manson, several top tier directors, the only general I ever personally knew, and several matching examples from personal files. Only two U.S. Presidents have had this placement, but significant presidential candidates, such as John McCain and Bobby Kennedy (add perennial Dennis Kucinich & Dick Gephardt.]

VIII: Strong-willed. Illuminates and supports others’ resources. Contemplative, probes mysteries of existence (grand overview of life), need to solve problems. Physical passions important.

IX: Drawn by the exotic (travel, “world-hoppers”). Enthusiasm. Sense of professionalism to provide self-vindication, validation, or status. Able to communicate own best assets. Need for importance. (The women are typically highly dependent on spouses with low assertion of individuality or independence; the men are usually “peacocks.”)

X: Awareness of authority within self and others (paternal bias). Achievement-oriented, responsible, managerial. Proud. Probable success in career.

XI: Growth needs pronounced. Desire to do something specific. Strong need for appreciation. Gregarious; social ease; attractive to opposite sex. Great powers of observation, knowledge of human nature (helping-professions).

XII: Privacy needs, secretive, prefers seclusion (loner, hermit). Moody, circumspect. Inhibitions; self-expression retarded.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Moon House placements

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:57 am

MOON IN THE HOUSES

The Moon focuses, emphasizes, but perhaps scatters the affairs of the house in which it is placed. The feelings become attached to these concepts.

I: Restless, moody, subjective, changeable, eager. Response to a given situation not dependable. Strongly responsive to environment. Emotional “feelers” extended; feelings prominent; eager to help a friend.

II: Strongly reliant on personal resources (women especially rebel against conventional domestic roles and hold their own in a professional sphere). Shrewd, tenacious. Enjoys life. Protective of “what is theirs.”

III: Curiosity; active mind; information-exchange needs. Travel (unstable formative environment). Mobility, fluctuation. Feelings linked with intellect; subjectivity. Common sense. Easy despondency.

IV: Needs emotional security. Emotionally attached to home, parents (mother), and heritage. Family-spirit, domestic. Nurtures, but needs nurturing. Powerful emotions mobilized protectively. Strongly sensitive to psychic tone of the environment and its occupants.

V: Love of variety. Self-expressive needs. Many love affairs; strong libido; focus on pleasure. Ardent.

VI: Focus on service as mode of self-completion (many “helpers”). Emotional martyrdom in partnering (nurturing + service). [Partnering with ‘institution cases!’] Hesitancy to freely respond to a situation (emotional repression?). Moody, frequent job changes, considerate of coworkers.

VII: Focus on relationships; companionship needs. Responsive to others, obliging. Nurturing and emotional interchange important in relationships; need for love and affection. Sociable, popular, attracts others’ attention easily. Ease of public expression. Easily pressured into taking sides or responding to “the issues.”

VIII: Self-doubts, insecure (over-compensatingly brazen, aggressive, combative). Fascinated by death (self-destructive, taunts danger). Emotional distress, “victim complex,” motivated (or driven!) by deep psychological forces.

IX: Intellectually “uppity.” Focus on philosophy, abstract thought, and academics. Idealistic. Imagination, receptive mind. Love of travel. Earnest, sincere. Moody.

X: Need for notice and recognition, love receiving attention (colorful characters). Ambitious, takes job seriously, deeply committed to profession. Socially active.

XI: Need for appreciation and inclusion. Socially popular. Readiness to help (comes on strong, insistent). Uniquely personalized approaches, sense of “where they want to be,” goals, hopes and wishes. Self-satisfied, smug in their position, strong-willed. Good observation powers. Image of independent spirit.

XII: Secluded (hermit). Difficult emotional complexes, inferiority feelings, moody; an “I’m not OK but you’re OK” syndrome, or “You’re probably better than I am.” Passive or defeatist attitude, drifting. Frustration of nurturing needs and emotional interchange. Vulnerable to pain.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com