My House Model: An Overview

Q&A and discussion on Houses including house models and domification systems.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: My House Model: An Overview

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:22 pm

I wanted to write down a nomenclature change I plan to use regarding houses. Since this is the primary site thread on houses, I thought I'd add it here.

It has always been cumbersome to write referencing houses because a whole phrase like "8th house" or "Eighth House" is slightly wordy, requires a distinctive capitalization style, etc. Noel Tyl, in his long series of books, adopted the standard of always using Roman numerals to distinguish houses (and nothing else), so that "VIIIth" was clear enough.

I've gotten tired of the extra typing (and extra reading and inconsistent typography and all the rest). I've decided to use a symbol Arabic numeral joined to a capital H such that "Eighth House," for example, is just 8H - and so forth.

I'll probably slowly start editing some primary threads to match this.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: My House Model: An Overview

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:04 pm

I decided today that I've anthropomorphized the planets excessively in this thread (e.g., speaking of a planet getting acclimated to a hemicycle's theme etc.). This is, of course, a literary style, not a hard belief about the matter. I don't even think it makes the references too "thingish," the vowelishness is adequately there.

But (as I noticed today) the combination of anthropomorphizing the planets and using passive voice a bit much makes it harder for me to stare into this thesis and understand what the real, operative processes are.

I post this here as an admission and as a reminder to myself - but also to alert anyone interested that I may, at some point, start rewriting this here and there to sort through the matter.

I also don't see in this thread my realization (I thought I'd posted it here) that the houses likely reflect nothing objective but, rather, our "story" or personality of our nature and world.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com