Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:52 am

U.S. politician from the Democratic party, and current U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district. And, at age 29, became the youngest woman ever to serve in the United States Congress.

Her birth details (below) are now available in astro.com:
13 October 1989, 11.50AM, Bronx, NY.
Rodden rating: A

Source notes:
astro.com wrote:Arthur Lipp-Bonewits wrote by email: "I recently emailed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's office about her birth time. Below is the response to my email from her assistant. I originally asked via phone call, and the person who answered asked me to email him directly rather than the Congresswoman's office generally, hence the email being from Daniel Bonthius, whom you can quickly Google to confirm is AOC's staffer." The email by Bonthius is on file.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:02 am

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:52 am
U.S. politician from the Democratic party, and current U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district. And, at age 29, became the youngest woman ever to serve in the United States Congress.

Her birth details (below) are now available in astro.com:
13 October 1989, 11.50AM, Bronx, NY. Rodden rating: A
Thanks for this, Scales. What a chart! We already knew she was a Virgo-Pisces (the Democrats have a lot of young Virgo floating around this year), but the real smash in the chart is a Moon-Mercury-Uranus T-square right on the angles, which describes her breakout, breakthrough, vocal, intelligent arrival on the political scene most strikingly.

I'll post the chart a little elater and maybe some notes on it. Thanks again.

BTW, if you relocate this to Washington, the Moon-Mercury is even closer to the angles, Mercury 0°58' from MC, Moon 1°18' from IC, Uranus (which actually isn't angular or foreground in the natal) squares MC 1°04'. Also, note that while Venus is sextile-trine into Moon-Mercury ecliptically, Venus is in mundane square to Moo in particular.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:10 am

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:53 am

ANGULAR PLANETS
Angular Mercury (MC 3°07')
Alert, attentive, observant, strategic, analytic. Mentally sharp, hard to fool (knows more about you than you think). Little emotional affect, hard to read. Nervous (anxiety? worry? touchy?). Easily bored without regular mental stimulation. Good at precise, detailed work; naturals at handling business. Curiosity drives sexual choices as much as any other factor.'

Angular Moon (IC 5°46')
Adaptive in response to social, psychological, & environmental conditions (mask, roll, act). Impressionable, responsive, malleable, imaginative. Needs constant stimulation of mind or senses. Strong sexual appetites; responsive to affection, friendship, sexual suggestion. Amiable, accommodating; sensitive, receptive, tender, empathic (touchy, moody, reactive). Vulnerable to judgments, displeasure, criticism. At home before an audience.
Moon opposite Mercury (0°20')
Intellect fused with the emotions, especially with subconscious patterns; thus, quick at assessment, intuitive, strategic (cagey, deceptive). Personality dominated by intellect & nervous system. Tremendous mental output & capacity to absorb knowledge (apt at languages, good memory). Can seem ‘all business’ in emotional matters & emotionally stubborn in factual ones: Under duress, “reasonableness” competes with reactive emotion.

Mercury square Uranus (1°05')
Independent thinker. Curiosity and investigative spirit in most things. Mind unfettered by formality and standards, solves problems and integrates data more intuitively. Rejects linearity, lacks rigor in learning. Many interests, diverse, often unusual (including astrology or occultism). Speech engages others’ attention, usually has something interesting to say; challenges convention or authority, dares to speak despite consequences. Gentle rebellious behavior (“bad girl”) seems rooted in, “Don’t tell me how to think.” Socially odd, but not ostracized for it.

Moon square Uranus (1°25')
A specie of genius (intellectually rebellious, roving, curious, investigative) is bursting to express itself – not wholly comfortable accepting outside guidance, often wondering why others don’t recognize its nature. Inquisitive, original, futuristic, seeking novelty & needing variety (“will try anything twice”). Free-spirited: psychologically lives outside of convention; but subject to tensions and stiffness from emotional stress.
Angular Venus (Asc 8°03')
Charming, attractive, popular. Friendly, amiable, gracious. Kind, considerate, benevolent. Flirtatious, affectionate (sexually more receptive than aggressive). Loving, care-taking, mothering. Drawn to beauty, pleasure, peace, tranquility (not pain, violence, turbulence); averse to cruelty & harm. Needs to experience pleasure & beauty; requires harmony & ease (reduced stress & friction). Stubborn & fierce toward injustice (personal or social).
Moon trine Venus (2°21')
Attractive, charming, affectionate, sexual charisma, sensual. Passive-dependent, moody, can be blindsided by strong feelings, often preoccupied with whether they are liked.

Mercury sextile Venus (2°41')
Gracious charmer, persuasive, sweet talker. Light-hearted, pleasant. Pleasure in learning. Probably a happy childhood; retains a playful, childlike sense, a charm of immaturity.
Angular Saturn (sq. MC 1°51')
Needs to be self-reliant, self-sufficient, autonomous, independent; maturing is a process of securing these. Works hard, industrious. Survival instinct is strong & drives much of the behavior. Hardship likely (especially in youth); struggle for security; life’s demands seem severe (some are beaten down; some gain great strength & endurance). Cautious, emotionally reserved, self-protective, conscientious, methodical, austere (may shut others out emotionally). Beware self-restriction arising from fear.

MOON
Moon in Pisces
Most truly themselves when being someone else. Dramatizes a personal fiction; “big fish” confidence (self-important, airs?). Love having a “secret side.” Divas. Emotionally driven (haunted). Fascinated with the unknown. Religious thinking style. Faith, commitment to beliefs or vision. Judgmental. Hardened personal reality (stuck patterns).

SUN
Sun in Virgo
Strategic, tactical, analytical, logical, scrutinizing. Favors trees over forest. Encyclopedic knowledge. Innocent air, modest. Tolerant, tactful, congenial, serious. Courageous in word & deed. Service-minded, conscientious, efficient. Principle over convenience. Active toward social progress.
Sun octile Venus (0°18')
Charming, gentle, fine companion. Strong in friendship. Aesthetic appreciation. Most comfortable in marriage or similar relationship. A little vain.

Sun conjunct Mars (4°36')
Action, drive, accomplishment, courage. Restless, forthright, (perhaps hasty, impatient, temperamental). Physical aggression, strong sexual needs. Industrious, instinctive leader.
MARS
Mars in Virgo
Strategic, analytical, logical, calculating odds (often deceitful, covert, manipulative, game-playing). Very smart, curious, astute, eager to learn everything possible (intelligence is more accessible than feelings). Stands ready to assist, help, support.
Mars square Jupiter (5°12')
Exalts strength, competition, & conquest. Zest, vitality, enthusiasm, courage, confidence. Enterprising, resourceful. Sexually lusty, eager, popular, on the hunt. “Money to burn” (generous or extravagant). Aggressive with beliefs, evangelical (enthusiasts, missionaries, barnstormers).

Mars square Neptune (5°56')
Thrives amidst stirred passion & drama. Supercharged imagination. Surges into temptation; impatient with frustrated gratification; requires rapid conformity of reality to wants (usually gets it). Zealous enthusiasms. Dramatic aggressions; anger patterns triggered by frustration. Sexually magnetic (yet sexual demons & doubts). Great stamina for long-term vision.
MERCURY
Mercury in Virgo
Curious, observant, methodical, analytical. Quiet, almost soft-spoken, good-natured (maybe too passive). Communication is right to the point (journalist). Logical, strategic: Wants the facts before deciding, considers all sides.
'
VENUS
Venus in Scorpio
Passionate, highly-sexed (strong emotions; moody). Friendly, outgoing, likable. Affections impulsive & adventurous: enters intimate relationships quickly (but easily rebuffed). Social outsiders early in life, less so in maturity. Impression of sizable secrets. Need feeling of freedom in romance; not inherently monogamous.

JUPITER
Jupiter opposite Neptune (0°45')
Social idealism, faith & belief, unreasoning optimism.

Jupiter opposite Saturn (2°20')
Practical, sensible (especially with finances). Responsible, conscientious, determined. Courageous, effective survivors; rarely halted by adversity. Patient hard work (earning one’s place, success through industry) brings the most reliable rewards. Balances gain & loss: what can be won from losing, what it costs to win (cf. politics, finance; making lemonade from lemons). Attuned to legacy, heritage, tradition. Cornerstones of their families or circles. Orthodoxies draw their strong allegiance or opposition (the most creative become baselines of new orthodoxies).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:15 am

I will say, though, that I'm glad I wasn't trying to predict her election results from this chart. There are many transits of great interest, showing the current life stage well and that last November 6 was a pivotal part of that; however, some of the indications are starkly inconsistent with winning.

Transiting Saturn was exactly on her EP; and, while that could mean "growing up fast" (she certainly has found a great expression for her Saturn Return), her new Solar Return, less than a month earlier, has Neptune on MC and Saturn setting 0°28, and on her Moon-Mercury-Uranus). It's as starkly a "loser" chart as I've ever seen.

In contrast, her SLR had Jupiter rising (about two and a half degrees) and Neptune on IC, though still with Saturn atop her Moon-Mercury. Her Demi-SLR had Saturn and Pluto most angular and a foreground Venus-Saturn square, though perhaps a "rise and shine" indication from her Sun being minutes from MC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:02 am
BTW, if you relocate this to Washington, the Moon-Mercury is even closer to the angles, Mercury 0°58' from MC, Moon 1°18' from IC, Uranus (which actually isn't angular or foreground in the natal) squares MC 1°04'. Also, note that while Venus is sextile-trine into Moon-Mercury ecliptically, Venus is in mundane square to Moo in particular.
Wow. I forgot to check out her relocated chart in Washington, but that Mercury partile on MC accompanied by angular Moon & Uranus, and a Moon-Venus mundane square look great and very fitting for a Congressperson. It's also pretty descriptive of how she and her work has been since she got into office.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:15 am
I will say, though, that I'm glad I wasn't trying to predict her election results from this chart.
Same here. As you mentioned, her 2018 SSR looks really bad. Do you think it (the angular Saturn to her Moon-Mercury particularly) is probably the burdens and stresses of being a Congressperson + all the criticism and opposition she's facing? At least in Washington, Saturn isn't as angular as it is in the Bronx.

Her returns didn't have much to say about her victory in the primary elections for June 26, 2018 either, but her Demi SLR had her Sun moderately rising I think, and as for transits, an apt Pluto transit to her Sun for quite a pivotal moment of her life.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:07 pm

I think... she was gong through a gigantic life-reinvention. Her Saturn return, the Pluto transits... she was at one of the most critical thresholds of her life, almost like getting birthed out of a old life to take on destiny. This affects different people in different ways.

The charts strike me as showing a Gethsemane moment - Christ's legendary last night before the ordeal of the crucifixion, the soul-searching that climaxed in, "This was given to me to do... I accept it," with a depth of conviction that arises only out of almost dismantling soul-searching, the kind that disintegrates any smallness you secretly hoped to hang onto in the face of a vaster, inescapable reality. I don't know if this is what the experience was like to her at all, but that's what the charts look like to me, and the only way they make sense to me.

Which gives me the excuse to link to what I think is the best musical expression of this ever written (though I really wish they'd made a better movie using it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QW2Wh1OZBA

Ah, here is the same classic performer revisiting the role 30 years later on stage, with greater artistic and personal maturity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEVwwB3Iw0
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:33 pm

LOL, sitting here two days before Saturn exactly squares my Sun, I just realized I posted the foregoing as Saturn and Pluto (and a little Venus) were setting Saturn 11' from square my Sun.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 am

Last week, Representative Ocasio-Cortez shared her experience going through the January 6th storming of the US Capitol on Instagram Live. She also shared her livestream on YouTube.

At the 3:58 minute mark, she reveals that she had a close encounter that could have endangered her life. The transcript of that moment:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wrote:As for myself, I had a pretty traumatizing event happen to me, and I do not know if I can even disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns, but I can tell you that I had a very close encounter, where I thought I was going to die...and you have all of those thoughts where you know at the end of your life, and all of these thoughts come rushing to you, and that's what happened to a lot of us on Wednesday. And I thought—I did not think—I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense. And you know, I think it's an opportunity for a lot of us to talk about trauma as well...
On the day before, January 5th at exactly 7am EST, she had a demi lunar return. I am not sure was she already in Washington DC then, or was still in the Bronx NYC, but take a look at her DSLR angularities for DC:

r.Saturn 0°29' below Asc
t.Mercury 0°59' past EP
r.Neptune 1°21' below Asc (r.Saturn conj. r.Neptune 0°52' in mundo [1°35' in natal])
t.Saturn 1°35' sq MC
t.Pluto 1°57' past EP
t.Mars 2°18' past IC (the first thing I noticed)
r.Jupiter 2°26' above Desc
r.Uranus 4°10 above Asc

Quite an eye-catching chart that strikingly describes her traumatic, near-death encounter with possibly a white supremacist. Natal Jupiter (and transiting Jupiter, if her return first took place in the Bronx, where Jupiter squared MC by 0°00'!) is certainly the saving grace, along with Capitol police and security of course.

Looking at her progressions on the 6th of January, she also had p.Mars just beginning to conjunct progressed MC, at 0°59' applying.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:44 pm

The Jupiter contacts probably saved her life.

Stillpoint
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by Stillpoint » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:46 am

Alexandra Ocasiao-Cortez says that the experience in the capitol awakened memories of a sexual assault she had experienced.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... or-capitol
The Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Monday spoke in an emotional video about the insurrection at the US Capitol, and how what she went through was affected by her experience as a survivor of sexual assault.
I wonder what in her chart is showing that ?
As for attacks I notice her Ascendant (In Scorpio) semisquare MA/PL midpoint.
And Pluto is in the direct midpoint ASC./MA. Which may hint at something like that.

That would be true if her birthtime is correct ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not that familiar with mundane aspects yet as in a learning curve. But looking at her 'Analogue Prime vertical chart' and it seems like her mars is in mundane square to Uranus ? (In addition to the by Jim mentioned moon mercury mundane aspect.).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addditionally at the event in the capitol:
The transit of nearly stationary Uranus was opposite her progressed Mars ( 0'10 orb).
That may be relevant in the sense of a sudden martial event coming from outside (opposition aspect dualistic).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her natal ascendant is in intense resourceful Scorpio in the last section in the Jyeshtha nakshatra, which gives a fighting spirit.
(Trump have his natal moon in that nakshatra. It is associated with rulers and often buisiness men. It's ruling deity is 'Indra'
"the king of the gods". Btw Donald Trump have his moon in this nakshatra - which may be part of his inherent drive to fight his way
all the time, as explained if looking at nakshatra's)

"
Jyeshtha is ruled by the God Indra who is the king of the gods. This is called the star of warfare and it is about doing battle over the righteous cause. Often, people who have planets in Jyeshtha can certainly be warriors. They are not afraid to take it on and to take on the battle. They will not back out from a fight especially if it is the righteous fight.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:12 am

Stillpoint wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:46 am
I am not that familiar with mundane aspects yet as in a learning curve. But looking at her 'Analogue Prime vertical chart' and it seems like her mars is in mundane square to Uranus ? (In addition to the by Jim mentioned moon mercury mundane aspect.).
Correct: 0°34' mundane square.
The transit of nearly stationary Uranus was opposite her progressed Mars ( 0'10 orb).
FWIW, after monitoring day-by-day transits to my progressed planets (among other things) for years, I concluded that the only ones that ever amounted to anything were transits to progressed luminaries. (This was consistent with studying major events for people are rarely finding any transits to progressed planets taking the lead unless they just happened to rotate to the SNQ quotidian angles for the day.) I'm not saying that the others aren't effective to at least extent, but that they haven't been worth my time to watch.

In this case, the symbolism is quite good, although for an event she shared with hundreds of other people in the same room. Also, you wrote:
That may be relevant in the sense of a sudden martial event coming from outside (opposition aspect dualistic).
Except... it was her Mars. If we pay attention to this Uranus transit to her progressed Mars, it was the Uranus element "coming from the outside," and her own Mars affected, initiating, or responding. When I say I like the symbolism, it is especially because she became so fiery in response to it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Stillpoint
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by Stillpoint » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:43 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:12 am
FWIW, after monitoring day-by-day transits to my progressed planets (among other things) for years, I concluded that the only ones that ever amounted to anything were transits to progressed luminaries. (This was consistent with studying major events for people are rarely finding any transits to progressed planets taking the lead unless they just happened to rotate to the SNQ quotidian angles for the day.) I'm not saying that the others aren't effective to at least extent, but that they haven't been worth my time to watch.
Thanks for comments, appreciate it much.

I have not done systematic study of this like you. But I have found that it seems to work to some extent as a principle.
Yes I have also found transits to the progressed luminaries being significant.

I quote here something that Kenneth Bowser wrote lately about transits to progressed planets that may be significant and
apply to this case as well.

Kenneth Bowser:
I think from long experience that transits DO affect progressions as well as directions. I pay more attention to progressed mutuals, but transits, especially in their stations, siting on a progressed body, produce pronounced effects.
So in the case of the event with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her experience in the capitol, transiting Uranus was actually slow and not far from station opposite to progressed Mars it may have produced a noticeable effect.