RIP Hugh Hefner

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Danica
Irish
Irish

RIP Hugh Hefner

Post by Danica » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Astro databank gives the data as AA rated.

Pisces Sun, Aquarius Moon and Uranus sharply angular (only 36' from DC in mundo) - he was definitely a controversial figure, to say the least!

If someone knows the exact death time, please post.

I came across this NY Times obituary, searching for the time of death info - looks like a good read to accompany the study of his chart:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/obit ... l?mcubz=1
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: RIP Hugh Hefner

Post by Danica » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Relocated to LA, the angular planets are:

Saturn on IC 49'
Venus on DC 03*42'
and Neptune 07* 52' above AC
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:01 am

A remarkable chart: A Pisces Sun to show both the ultimate sybarite and the media figure who know how to mold an illusion. (He spent his life living a role.) Aquarius Moon for the social impact, the libertine who almost alone tore down the walls of sexual suppression. Uranus on Descendant for much the same, a truly birthing figure. Nearly all the main aspect dynamics spin of the background Jupiter-Neptune opposition, which becomes the informing axis of his chart.

Mars opposed his Moon at the end. Two Plutos were opposed across the horizon of his SLR. His final Demi-Lunar is consistent with a health crisis, with Moon, Mercury, and Mars conjoined on IC opposite Neptune at MC, but with Sun on his natal Ascendant - probably for the enormous publicity he is receiving.

Love him or hate him, he inaugurated a cultural shift of a magnitude few have ever wrought.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 am

The man was a disgrace to human kind. There was absolutely nothing "liberating" about anything he did. He was a pimp. I hope his karma, if there is such a thing, has a hard lesson for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_fb

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 am

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:24 am

Oh yeah, pimping black women too! What a noble guy :lol: :roll:
Objectifying and humiliating women of all races is not a noble thing to do, there is simply nothing liberating about it. We did not need anything of the sort to tell us we could enjoy our sex life.
Doing one good thing, as in supporting an organisation fighting for human rights, doesn't make all your wrongs right. In essence, he was a pimp.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:49 am

I don't want to draw this out in a long debate, but this deserves at least a response. - I've spent a lot of time in discussion of this topic this week, with a lot of points of view. I see different sides of it. I think what you might not understand (especially not being American - much of Europe was always a ahead of us on this matter) is that America (among other parts of the world) was in a fiercely anti-sexual period, the traditional Puritan conservatism from our beginning having lost its European softening in a really aggressive, religion-driven, America First anti-sexual lock-down. A year or two before Elvis appeared (and was initially regarded as a very threatening schedule, with those hips and so forth), Playboy was launched.

You wrote, "We did not need anything of the sort to tell us we could enjoy our sex life." By the mid-'80s, that was true. It even started to be true by the late '60s, though people with that point of view were still considered freaks and outsiders. But it wasn't true in 1953, and probably would not have been true 30 years later if someone hadn't started knocking down those walls. It just wasn't in the cultural conversation. (Kinsey might eventually have gotten traction, but, other than a couple of bursts of media sensationalism, he hadn't gotten it yet.)

Was this a business enterprise from which he personally profited? Hell yeah. Did he further the wrong kinds of stereotypes for a good stretch of his run? Yes (though he hardly created them). OTOH, he's the one who succeeded. Like a long run of other Aquarius Moons, he saw correctly that the single biggest need of our culture was to tear the old moralism to shreds specifically on sexual matters. (You're well educated on social and cultural trends. Nonetheless, I don't find that people who weren't there can really get the gigantic shift in the world from, say, before '65 and after, anymore than my friends born in the '90s or later really understand what it was like to live during the Cold War.)

That Aquarius Moons Aleister Crowley, Hugh Heffner, Kenneth Anger, and Tim Leary are all considered more or less scoundrels is telling about society's position in their times. Harvey Milk got killed for pushing a different dimension of sexual liberty. And in music, besides the pure musical genius, there is no missing the staggering "shred the old sexual barriers" impact of the Aquarius Moons of both Elvis Presley and Chuck Berry, or both Michael Jackson and Prince. (For that matter, add Billy Ray Cyrus, but with less impact since the way had been paved.)

Anyway... I just wanted to state the counterpoint. I respect and understand your point of view, which might be equally true. Great people do have great flaws: Everything about them is great.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com