Dr. Jordan B. Peterson

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Dr. Jordan B. Peterson

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 am

I'm at a keyboard now, so I can type a little more freely and copy a couple of things.

The relevance of the close angularity is that, often, when someone relocates at a young age and has very close angularities, they incorporate those traits into their character more than other relocations later in life - the energy becomes part of the experiences that shape their character. Were it not for this, that Neptune-Pluto aspect wouldn't have been a big deal for him,. At an older age, it would have been something to affect him while at that location and then to pass away more quickly.

The rareness is important because astrology basically describes distinctions between us based on the mathematical odds of a particular chart feature existing. Neptune-Pluto conjunctions haven't existed for about a century ecliptically, so the only way they can be formed is mundanely. Having such an aspect form so closely AND be so closely angular is a statistical big deal, something mathematically distinguishing him from others around him. Though it didn't occur in his natus for birthplace, the fact that it occurred in a locus during formative years is noteworthy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 am

So what does a natal Neptune-Pluto conjunction mean? There is a longish thread recently where I detailed this from observations of historic figures. That thread shows some things better than the final conclusions, so you might want to read it: https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3081
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Confluence
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Confluence » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks Jim, appreciate your response! This in-depth astrology is quite new to me, so sometimes when I see a paragraph of strange terms and numbers I just have no idea how to suss any of it out.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:18 pm

A short video, JP.

https://www.facebook.com/14591758880571 ... 201867200/

"Out of all the people that I'm friends with, you're probably the most misrepresented friend that I have."

Enjoy the full conversation with Joe Rogan on iTunes: https://apple.co/2K2SQsW

Lance
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 am

“Jordan Peterson’s 5 Most Controversial Ideas, Explained”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bigthink.c ... n.amp.html

That first video where he challenges the existence of white privilege... It’s overtly calm in tone, but he occasionally betrays a seething hatred of what he’s criticizing. (“I have a very vulgar picture in my mind.” “...they’ll eventually figure it out if they don’t kill everybody first.”)

He tried to make the categories of “race, ethnicity, sexual proclivity, and gender” sound arbitrary among an infinite number of possible categories and therefore meaningless in his entirely post-modern attempt at deconstruction. But these categories weren’t selected arbitrarily by “postmodernists” to advance “their Marxist agenda.” (Yes, he actually says that. Seriously.) They are categories of oppression by the historically dominant culture. They define the current culture war. He literally acts as if he is unable to understand something so obvious. It insults my intelligence.

I instantly find him to be pseudo-intellectual, intellectually dishonest, and offensive.

And I totally see his hardened reality that he powerfully projects and his fear of things becoming other than how they’ve been: Neptune-Pluto.

Confluence
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Confluence » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 am

Thanks for sharing that, Arena. I really like his talks with Joe Rogan. Rogan has had him on his show a few times, and I think Rogan has a level-headed approach to him. Because as anyone who knows Rogan is aware of, Rogan is very much left-leaning... But Rogan is sensible (most of the time), and has a keen awareness of when someone is being unfairly lambasted by the media.

And thanks for the laugh, Lance. I think JP himself would find it equally hilarious that he's being accused of post-modern deconstructionism :lol: :lol:

Lance
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Lance » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm

From a basic Wikipedia article on Postmodernism:

...Postmodern thinkers frequently call attention to the contingent or socially-conditioned nature of knowledge claims and value systems, situating them as products of particular political, historical, or cultural discourses and hierarchies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodernism
Jordan Peterson:

...."I can't quite figure out why the postmodernists have made the canonical distinctions they've made: race, ethnicity, sexual proclivity, sexual ..gender identity, let's say. Those are four dimensions along which people vary. But there's a very large number of dimensions along which people vary, right? In fact, given that there's an infinite number of ways of interpreting the world, you could immediately point out that there's an infinite number of dimensions along which people vary. And so then the postmodern question is 'why would you privilege some of those dimensions over the others?' And I would say, 'Well, because it sustains your bloody Marxist interpretation, that's why, but you're not going to say that because it marginlizes... right? You've marginalized that so you can ignore it. That's one of the fun things about postmodernism - you can... I have a very vulgar image in my mind but [laughs]... I won't share it with you, but you can infer it."

https://bigthink.com/21st-century-spiri ... -explained
That's actually a pretty good example of postmodern deconstruction.

You mocked me for giving my honest take, so now, I've made my case. At this point, however, I'm gonna walk away from this.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:29 pm

And let's make sure that, from this point on, this thread (if it continues) remains about the astrology of the matter, and not on somebody trying to "sell" others on this character. It could get way out of hand as it did before.

I moved all the other debate about him to a separate thread in Club Aldebaran where it won't be mistaken for astrological discussion and won't become a permanent feature of the forum (since that content will self-destruct a short while after people stop engaging on the thread.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com