Donald Trump

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
SteveS
Nabu
Re: Donald Trump

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:59 am

Let's see if Vegas reacts to the Cook Report by raising Biden's favored winning odds. New odds come out Monday.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Sweet hoping the vp is an interesting break to the astrological president pattern! (No offense to Ol Joe but i don't think he will see all 4 years based
off of SSR alone).

What color is PA right now I am curious. There were a few times the state didn't get it right but in many elections for whatever reason PA is sounding swinger for which way the country is going to go.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 pm

PA is generally purple. Blue in the cities and Red in the suburbs and rural areas.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 pm
PA is generally purple. Blue in the cities and Red in the suburbs and rural areas.
This year, we have Pennsylvania-born Biden who has spent a huge amount of time in the state - and, in fact, has his national headquarters there.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm

Just mentioning... NY is also purple. Blue in the cities and red in the rural and suburban areas. NJ is purple.
It's just wow the cities.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm
Just mentioning... NY is also purple. Blue in the cities and red in the rural and suburban areas. NJ is purple.
It's just wow the cities.
A lot of states are like that. The primary division is urban-rural, not state boundaries.

Illinois is a great example: Chicago is solid blue, everything else is solid red - but Chicago population outstrips the rest of the state.

California is deep red in most (not quite all) rural counties and deep blue in most urban ones (but with key exceptions, e.g., San Diego). But LA and the Bay outweigh the rest of the state's population.

Florida is more evenly divided: Miami-Dade leans pretty blue (especially with the Cuban and other Hispanic population), the rest of the state leans pretty red (especially with retirees). The blue areas aren't a majority, so it takes a big deal to tip the state blue. It's usually red.

Colorado is perhaps the one truly purple state. Not only is it more or less evenly divided and can go either way in a given election, the voters on both sides are more moderate and can flip given good reason. On moderation, for example, Colorado liberals tend to be big on gun rights overall, Colorado conservatives tend to be big on abortion and human dignity rights. Virginia is similar, but has been leaning heavily blue in recent years as more urban and DC-adjacent population has grown.

Even Iowa tends to be primarily red, but will be liberal in the college towns like Iowa City that have a more cosmopolitan city vibe. The state mostly goes red, but doesn't shock people when it goes blue and and again.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Electoral College December 14

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:16 am

Lunar Returns for Trump and Biden are vague through the entire Election-to-pre-Inauguration period. (This could, for example, mean a contested election with no clear answer at first.) However, there is one loud, powerful SLR at a critical junction - but I could read it two opposite ways.

So... looking for input: The Electoral College votes December 14, 2020 (the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December). On that exact day, Donald Trump has the following SLR. Your read? Do they, collectively, vote for hm or against him?
EC Trump SLR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:41 am

Would you give date, time and place for that chart? I'm not coming up with anything close.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:36 am

Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:41 am
Would you give date, time and place for that chart? I'm not coming up with anything close.
December 14, 2020, 9:48:35 AM EST, Washington, DC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 am

Thanks.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 am

If I was to solely look at that chart, I would tell the person that they look like they are going to have a good month.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am

Veronica wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 am
If I was to solely look at that chart, I would tell the person that they look like they are going to have a good month.
What do you make of Saturn being equally strong to Jupiter (and, if such things make a difference, Saturn is strong by sign and Jupiter is weak by sign).

Bradley, in Solar and Lunar Returns, outright says that under a foreground Jupiter-Saturn aspect, people do not win contests and keywords are "retirement," etc. After all these years, I don't know if that's true. (It might be - I just don't know if it is. Does anyone have examples to demonstrate it?)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Jupiter conj Saturn is unsettled and restless unless the subject can use self-control. It's a change, and unless there's a lot of structure and care, not a change for the better. Ascendant and Capricorn... so that's about the self and survival or autonomy, striving rather than fighting, but wanting to be the bad boy who is shocking.

I think Trump will be trying to claim the Electoral College was undermined, or will try to undermine it. I think this is the time he'll try the hardest to discredit the election and overthrow it.

I think he'll enjoy the fight. That N Venus angular.

I think we might look at the next return to see how the story comes out.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:22 pm

I've looked for six months of returns for both of them. I still think that Biden's inauguration SLR shows he is the center of all Washington's attention and and Harris' inauguration charts show her happy in a fundamental life change and at an extreme apex of fulfillment of her life, mission, and celebrity. In other words, they both look like they've won.

But (skipping exactly at the inauguration) something like six months of boring, unclear charts for both of them, including non step Neptune after Neptune after Neptune for biden - this one December 14 chart leaps out as, "I am the most important chart in five years, hear me!" I just wish I knew what it was saying. Bradley's traditional interpretation looks like it's a loser - but under other circumstances I'm sure it could be assuming great power and responsibility.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:22 pm
but under other circumstances I'm sure it could be assuming great power and responsibility.
This is Trump. Power maybe, but responsibility?

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am
Veronica wrote:
What do you make of Saturn being equally strong to Jupiter (and, if such things make a difference, Saturn is strong by sign and Jupiter is weak by sign).

Bradley, in Solar and Lunar Returns, outright says that under a foreground Jupiter-Saturn aspect, people do not win contests and keywords are "retirement," etc. After all these years, I don't know if that's true. (It might be - I just don't know if it is. Does anyone have examples to demonstrate it?)
Well
Ill tell ya

What struck me was the sun moon conjunction.

Thats a beautiful thing in a persons chart.
It speaks of cycles completed and ending and beginnings and culminations.

So I would always tell someone with that right dead center that it would be a good month.

The saturn aspect is and aspect that comes around and around and around too....and this person *is* very old and has obviously survived many saturn aspects to angles over the lifespan.
So I didnt think that for a lunar return in which the person had veen dealing with the strange saturn jupiter pluto aspect for months and months and months now....that it really weighed much compared to tge sun conjunct moon.

But thats my style...to accent the best

But while I did say that I thought it would be a good month I am not saying that I necessarily think that means he wins.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am
Veronica wrote:

If Bradley said that
Then I wonder what he would say then about a saturn jupiter midpoint in the usa chart.

With all the wars we have been in Im sure there will be evidence of us really winning if we look at that aspect.

But sometimes things look like a loss or a win from one angle but not so from another.

Honestly, with the upcoming Pluto return for the USA in 2024 if the entire frabic of reality we have gets unraveled and reknitted I wouldnt be surprised.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Electoral College December 14

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:16 am
So... looking for input: The Electoral College votes December 14, 2020 (the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December). On that exact day, Donald Trump has the following SLR. Your read? Do they, collectively, vote for hm or against him?
I looked up Jupiter-Saturn aspects in Sidereal Mundane Astrology and there on page 1047, I found a lot of stuff like bridge collapses, the sinking of the Andrea Doria, several financial panics like the German bank run in 1931, Pearl Harbor and Bengazi, the Sandy Hook shootings, the Lindbergh kidnapping, the Al-Rawda massacre, and so on and so forth.

And I also found this:
Political: Richard M. Nixon’s resignation (quarter). Gerald Ford shooting (month). Ronald Reagan shot (week, day). Mussolini murder (week). Yitzhak Rabin murder (month). Beirut embassy bombing (day). Oklahoma City bombing (Washington) (month). Charles & Diana wedding (year, month, week, day).
If Trump loses, will he fly to Mir-A-Lago and refuse to play at being president for the rest of his term?

Aside: If some Qanon-addled Trumpite manages to murder Ms. Harris, that would explain the heavy burden and sense of loss in Biden's charts. I am catastrophizing.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Electoral College December 14

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:01 am

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 am
Aside: If some Qanon-addled Trumpite manages to murder Ms. Harris, that would explain the heavy burden and sense of loss in Biden's charts. I am catastrophizing.
Yes, brainstorming all the possibilities...

I think the odds are more the opposite, though. Her chart shows the most signs of great uplifting. Biden's shows the most marks of violence and hardship. However, there is plenty of cause for both of those results with fantasizing anything more than their winning. (I do think there's a good chance his health won't last four years, but I think the bigger risks are about two years in. The same markers at that time, though, could be the midterms.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Trump reportedly accepted the nomination August 27, 2020, 10:20 PM EDT, White House, Washington, DC.

I didn't see a time for Pence accepting, but the times for Trump, Biden, and Harris ae essentially the same time of night and the charts are nearly identical. All of them have Uranus rising, Saturn at MC, foreground Mars-Pluto mundane square. There are small differences, and shifts in orbs, but that's the big picture of all of them.

Foreground planets for Trump accepting the nomination (and aspects among them):

Uranus on Asc 0°34'
Saturn on MC 2°17'
Mars sq. MC 1°56' [on Asc 4°23']
Pluto on MC 4°12'
Venus on IC 9°54'

-- Mars-Pluto sq. 0°11' mundo
--- Mars-Jupiter sq. 0°50'
-- Venus-Pluto op. 2°38'
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 2°51' mundo
-- Saturn-Pluto conj. 3°21'
-- Mars-Uranus conj. 3°48' mundo
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Trump transits for the event:

t Uranus sq. r Pluto 0°27'
t Saturn op. r Venus 0°37'
t Jupiter sq. r Jupiter 0°41'
t Mars sq. r Venus 0°12'

Were the quotidians of any interest? Yes, they marked the event quite powerfully, overlapping each other:

t Jupiter 22°47' Sagittarius
p MC 22°58' Gemini (SQ)
r Jupiter 23°28' Virgo
p MC 23°47' Virgo (SNQ)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:00 am

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:10 pm
I think we might look at the next return to see how the story comes out.
Now that I've had a chance to work up Trump and Biden SLRs and Demis through January, I can answer this question better, J. From my forecast for the period 12/16/20 to 1/13/21, the most outstanding characteristic of the next couple of charts is that neither one has very much to say one way or the other. Here though, are some summaries - I welcome your thoughts about these in relation to the mid-December SLR.

SIDEREAL DEMI-LUNAR RETURN (Dec 28)
If he is in Washington, the new chart shows almost nothing. (Biden's chart is similarly a "dumb note" for late December, then gets active January 6.)

Trump's one angular planet is natal Pluto 5°35' from IC. When this is angular alone (and not closely angular), it usually means that one withdraws and isn't seen by anyone.

The "fill in the cracks" or "give us the background" aspects (non-foreground partile aspects) are somewhat split. He is still zooming in on transiting Neptune square natal Uranus and transiting Pluto opposes his Saturn (which are exact to the minute on Inauguration Day). The easiest read on these is that the floor is cut out from under him. I take Sun square natal Neptune as loss of energy and morbidity.

But if he is in Washington, two mundane aspects are even closer and may take the lead: Transiting Pluto squares natal Neptune (0°06'), which shakes up one's worldview, confronting one with a new reality. A transiting Jupiter-Uranus square (0°13') normally means success: In this predominantly unsuccessful chart it still likely means he gets a remarkable lucky break: An avenue of opportunity opens for him.

SIDEREAL LUNAR RETURN (Jan 10)
Only a little more active than the last, for Washington this features transiting Uranus 7° past Midheaven and natal Mars 7° before Ascendant. I think these say almost nothing (nothing we don't see in Trump every day).

Among support aspects, starkly good and starkly bad indications are pretty evenly split.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
COVID-19 diagnosis

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:49 am

Trump announced on Twitter that he and Melania had positive diagnoses for COVID-19 on October 2, 2020, 12:54 AM, from the White House.

The chart for that moment alone is stunning and should quiet any suspicions that this is fake. It's dominated by an exact Sun-Saturn square precisely on the angles!

7°34' before MC Moon
1°04' before IC Sun
0°52' before Dsc Saturn
--------------------------------
2°20' past Dsc Pluto
6°04' past Dsc Jupiter

Add Mars sq. Asc 0°28'.

The main aspects are the mundane Sun-Saturn square (0°12') and the ecliptical Mars-Saturn square (0°38'). The latter directly impacted Trump's Saturn"

29°41' Pis - t Mars
29°50' Gem - r Saturn
0°19' Cap - t Saturn

Transiting Neptune's years-long square to natal Uranus came to a head:

23°14' Leo - t Moon
23°54' Tau - r Uranus
23°58' Aqu - t Neptune

As mentioned elsewhere, the SSR had a background Mars-Neptune partile conjunction with Mars partile square natal Moon. This came exactly to the PSSR meridian for the event.

Neptune's transit to natal Uranus was the only close foreground aspect in his current SLR. (Though I am unclear what, if anything, it might mean, his SLR MC is 0°07' from Aldebaran.)

His Ennead from September 5 had a 0°32' Moon-Mars conjunction (mundane) and his natal Mars square Ascendant very widely. It is otherwise unremarkable. (Oh, Moon also squares his natal Venus-Saturn.) His September 26 Decilium has natal Mars conjunct MC exactly but otherwise doesn't seem descriptive.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Report on Trump’s mood as the vote is counted:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/948004/t ... sh-reports

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 am

Something I suspect I knew four years ago, but then didn't know until I rediscovered it this morning, is that Trump's already-strong Mars is stronger, and his Venus weaker, in Washington than at his birthplace.

When he came into office, we knew that Mars was going to be his primary expression, that it was strong at birth an on the U.S. East Coast, and that it was strong in North Korea. While this focusses on his martial actions I think it doesn't give full credit to simply how uncomfortable, unpleasant, and assaulting Washington would be for him.

I regard Trump's nativity as primarily a conflict between his Venus and Mars signs. He's a Taurus-Scorpio, so he is already most fundamentally a Venus-Mars type. The normal developmental challenge would be to use these collaboratively in some way, though with Trump it seems they have always been in conflict.

Knowing that he is predominantly a Venus type and a Mars type, we then see that Mars is rising in a bold sign - his only angular planet - and Venus is background and conjunct Saturn. In other words, he was well-situated to give expression to his martial (Moon in Scorpio) side but not his venereal (Sun in Taurus) side. His Taurus has shown primarily in levying his variety of charm as a celebrity, but he has primarily acted out his Scorpio Moon as the primary expression of his personality. (I have often wondered if this is part of why he never grew up - has persistently juvenile psychological development - because he gets psychological rewards for acting out his Moon sign but not as much for acting out his Sun sign.)

But bringing this back to his relocation to Washington: At birth, he had Mars 3°33' above Ascendant (which is perfectly close enough to be strong, especially as his only foreground planet) and Venus 2°28' from the 12th cusp (in the immediate background and especially suppressed from that and it's conjunction with Saturn which, mundanely, is partile).

But when he relocated to Washington, DC this became more extreme: For the coordinates of the White House, his Mars is 0°34' from Ascendant and Venus 0°03' from the 12th. It's the same thing but under a magnifying glass.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:16 am

Indeed, good observations.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 am
(I have often wondered if this is part of why he never grew up - has persistently juvenile psychological development - because he gets psychological rewards for acting out his Moon sign but not as much for acting out his Sun sign.)
That's pretty much what his niece Mary, a psychologist, said in her book Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man. His father rewarded him for acting like a jerk.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Demi-Solar 12/15/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:40 am

Trump's Demi-Solar Return Tuesday, December 15, is worth look. Over the years, I've lost confidence in demi-solars and don't even always look at my own. (I consider them valid for identifying which quarter(s) of a year will most strongly reflect the primary themes in the SSR, but rarely both checking them even for that.)

This one at least shows him in a brooding, perhaps disillusioned, perhaps morbid, perhaps humiliated state of mind, which I am certain is correct. As a stand-alone chart, I don't think it shows objective conditions of his life, but I have to admit it probably shows the subjective ones quite well. Let's break it down.

r Sun on Dsc -6°04'
r Moon on Asc -4°37'
t Mercury on Asc -4°35'
r Uranus on Dsc -1°43'
r Neptune on MC -1°28'
t Neptune sq. Asc -1°10'
------------------------------
t Moon sq. MC +0°17'

-- t Mercury conj. r Moon 0°02' mundo
-- r Uranus-Neptune sq. 0°15' mundo
-- t Neptune sq. r Uranus 0°42'

-- t Mercury op. r Sun 1°29' mundo
-- r Moon-Sun op. 1°27' mundo
-- t Moon sq. r Neptune 1°53'
-- t Mercury op. r Uranus 2°27'
-- r Moon-Uranus op. 2°54' mundo

t Moon sq. r Jupiter 0°27' mundo

Other partile
t Pluto op. r Saturn 0°05' mundo
t Jupiter-Saturn conj. 0°24' mundo
t Venus-Neptune sq. 0°29' mundo
t Jupiter op. r Venus 0°37' mundo
t Mars sq. r Mercury 0°43' mundo

By itself (without reference to his nativity), the Demi-SSR features Moon and Neptune tightly angular and, besides that, a Sun-Mercury square - not a major aspect by itself, often simply signaling an important speech or similar communication (that we don't really expect to hear from him). Adding the natal planets brings his Sun-Moon-Uranus plus Neptune to the angles with the single most important aspect emerging is a closely angular "discovered" 0°15' natal Uranus-Neptune square, at the same time that transiting Neptune squares natal Uranus in the zodiac. These doubled and very strong Uranus-Neptune aspects are the marks of disillusionment and displaced sense of reality to which I alluded above. SSR Moon also closely squares his natal Neptune. These make for an interesting chart. (The Mercury factors increase: Rather than an epic speech, he's probably quite busy with business out of sight and - the chart suggests - will be on the receiving end of communications more than issuing them.)

The one saving grace - if there is any - is SSR Moon mundanely square natal Jupiter, though that probably reflects his state of mind (sense of importance and the way he leverages it) more than objective events.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Solar Eclipse 12/14/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:15 am

Of greater interest to me, though, is the total solar eclipse that occurs tomorrow, December 14, one day ahead of his demi-solar. This eclipse is one of the most striking examples of how cycles formed at birth reach their closure.

I'm not as impressed with eclipses to the extent my Tropicalist mundane astrologer colleagues are, but I do see them as greatly intensifying other existing factors. Ignoring mundane astrology for a moment, it's easy to see their importance in personal astrology: We already know that Sun's transits to natal planets are always important transits (though they occur on about the same day every year). If a Sun transit occurs on the day of a New Moon or Full Moon, then this is a much intensified solar transit: These often mark years when one of the annual, recurring Sun transits is unusually important. A solar or lunar eclipse, then, as an even more intensified or magnified super-transit of Sun to a natal factor.

In Donald Trump's case, this takes on an entirely different scale of importance this week: He was born during a total lunar eclipse and, now, a total solar eclipse lands atop that natal pattern - eclipse to eclipse.

Solar and lunar eclipses occur when the New Moon or Full Moon is close to Moon's nodes. (The closer to the nodes, the more total the eclipse.) Here are the relevant factors in Trump's natal chart and in tomorrow's eclipse (for the time of totality, not the time of the closest conjunction):

26°49' Taurus - r Node
27°13' Scorpio - r Moon
-- Mo/Su 28°05'
28°56' Taurus - r Sun

24°55' Taurus - t Node
28°04' Scorpio - t Moon
-- Mo/Su 28°05'
28°06' Scorpio - t Sun

The eclipse is within 1° of both his Sun and his Moon. In fact, his Moon/Sun midpoint is 28°05' Scorpio, which is the midpoint of Moon and Sun at the time of the eclipse - within 0°00'.

One could take this comparison of the eclipse chart to his natal chart further, as astrologers often are wont to do, though I don't think it's necessary (or even entirely right). Yes, he has ongoing transits coming to a head on January 20, such as Saturn-Neptune to his Uranus and Pluto to his Saturn (but those are going to be operative regardless of the eclipse chart). Yes, his Mars is setting in Washington at the moment of the eclipse. But I don't think these are important. I think the important factor is the closing of cycles started at birth: By his natal eclipse pattern he rose in life, and by an eclipse pattern atop it he is falling.

PS - The same eclipse falls on Joe Biden's natal Eastpoint, 27°33' Scorpio, and within two degrees of Kamala Harris' Descendant, 0°11' Sagittarius.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter-Saturn conjunction 12/21/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 am

Finally, the hot mundane topic of the next week or so is the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction, which occurs every 20 years and, this time, occurs December 21 - the date of the winter solstice - at 5°27' Capricorn.

For centuries, astrologers thought Jupiter and Saturn were the two outermost planets. Their conjunction every 20 years was thus deemed the longest-term cycle of all the planet combinations. We know about more distant planets and longer cycles these days but the respect of this one conjunction is still sufficient that it retains its traditional name, The Great Mutation.

Many Tropical astrologers, not having the same tools Siderealists used in predicting this election, used more simple means - ones that, perhaps, need to be tested more but, at least, have the weight of antiquity behind them - citing the December 14 total solar eclipse and December 21 Great Mutation as the two classic indicators that the political order is set in disarray as kings fall.

Could it, in fact, have been that simple? Perhaps. These are (as said) two signals classically believed to show fundamental overturning of "the order of things."

But how about their natal impact? Does this Jupiter-Saturn conjunction at 5°27' Capricorn have any connection to Trump's natal chart? No, none at all. It does occupy the Zenith exactly for Washington when it occurs - the D.C. Ascendant being 5°28' Aries, a mere 0°01' away. That might be taken (if we treat the conjunction chart something like an ingress) as a sign that its impact is especially on the U.S. government. But it doesn't hit Trump personally.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sidereal Lunar Return 1/10/21

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 am

Effective Jan 9 to Feb 7. For Washington, transiting Uranus is 6°35' past Midheaven and natal Mars 6°53' before Ascendant, both weakly angular and therefore saying almost nothing - especially nothing that we don't see in Trump every fortnight. Things are changing, surprising, and unstable and Trump is aggressive, attacking, and ungracious. He may be more restless, abrupt, risk-taking, and forcing issues.

At best, he is uncooperative. At worst, he tries to do as much damage as possible on the way out the door. Overall, though, I don't think this chart is a big deal if it occurs while he is in Washington.

If he is in Palm Beach, transiting Jupiter is 0°05' and transiting Mercury 0°43' from Westpoint, a positive, profitable configuration that shows his voice - and deals - benefit him. Mercury-Jupiter, however, is aspected by the more widely angular Mars and Saturn, so the benefit is limited. Uranus culminates: He is still mobilizing surprise and outrageousness. Natal Pluto rises, an indication of isolation and (this time it may be) exile.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Demi-SLR 1/24/21

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 am

Effective Jan 23 to Feb 7. Again, no planets are closely foreground for Washington. Four planets widely foreground organize as two aspects: Transiting Venus squares natal Jupiter (1°21' mundo), which is warm, congenial, social, comfortable, relaxing, with pleasure from food, festivities, and friends. His natal Mercury-Neptune square (tightened to 1°38' mundo) bring forth many familiar Trump traits including (for example) telling tell tales and cutting deals.

Wherever he is, if it's in the Eastern U.S., he's probably feeling good about things. It looks like he's relaxing on vacation.

Support aspects show a backdrop of disappointments, though: Partile but background, Neptune squares his Moon, transiting Sun and Saturn are conjunct, and ongoing major transits of Neptune to Uranus and Pluto to Saturn continue.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sidereal Lunar Return 2/7/21

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 am

Effective Feb 6 to Mar 6. After two weeks of probable relaxation, Donald Trump is back in the spotlight and breaks forth with big news - if he is in or around Washington. Natal Sun-Moon opposition is across the Eastpoint axis (partile) with transiting Neptune on IC (2°). Neptune squares his Moon.

What can thrive under this is Trump the TV character, the performer, the entertainer. With the great strength of his luminaries, this probably will prevail. However, this is also an example of the slow psyche-eroding encroachment of Neptune to aspect his luminaries. Neptune to Moon enhances his vulnerabilities. (The chart is nearly the same for Palm Beach, but with transiting Neptune and natal Uranus a little stronger.)

I believe he will be solidly in the headlines because of the 0°00' Sun-Mercury mundane conjunction in Washington. Support aspects (partile, non-foreground) convey excitement, such as Sun, Venus, and Mercury square Uranus (a mix of ecliptical and mundane aspects). Other aspects show shifting relationships and life-conditions (Pluto-to-Venus, Neptune-to-Uranus, Saturn-Uranus, Jupiter-to-Pluto, and Venus-Saturn).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: Sidereal Lunar Return 2/7/21

Post by Arena » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 am

Well he's constantly like a clown in a TV show - so that would not be anything new :D
He's also very willing to bend rules and even break laws. Possibly a psychopath (doesn't see anything wrong in his wrongdoing). https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2021/01/03

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 am
Other aspects show shifting relationships and life-conditions (Pluto-to-Venus, Neptune-to-Uranus, Saturn-Uranus, Jupiter-to-Pluto, and Venus-Saturn).
However, these particular aspect may suggest that Melania will leave him or he will have huge troubles in his relationship. Pluto to Venus either breaks or makes a deeper connection with some kind of transformation within the relationship. His n. Pluto being helped by the great benefic may be a sign that the transformation will be a positive one for him.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:10 am

We astrologers have all known Trump is literately a MAD MAN! He was born with Mars rising and when he was relocated to DC as Prez his natal Mars became partile cnj his relocated Asc. This Mad Man excites anger (Mars) from most all political circles with most all of his endeavors/manners.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
When is the trial? Or: He has a BAD year coming up.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 am

Yesterday, on a mundane astrology page, I wrote started a discussion of when Trump's Senate trial might occur. The news media has been reporting that Congressional leaders are undecided - it could be immediately or delayed until after the first 100 days. I started from the idea that it wouldn't be immediately (although his transits are so devastating and exact January 20 that I suppose they could listen to Biden's inaugural address, have lunch, and then start the trial.) FWIW, here's what I wrote:
So when will Trump's Senate trial be? Has anybody heard? I don't think they're going to do it immediately - will try to get other legislation done first - but, if they're going to delay it, to when will that be?

Checking his transits (in a non-precession framework), transiting Neptune squares his Moon through most of the year, especially the central part of the year. It first hits exactly in April. Just based on transits, the time around May 6 is especially tough with Neptune square natal Moon within a degree and exact passages of Uranus square natal Pluto and Pluto opposite natal Venus. Something is really likely to shake him up then (similar to the intensity of this week and inauguration day when he is just totally clobbered by transits).

There is a lot of room for all of these transits to be partile - the extreme vulnerability and heighted anxiety of Neptune-Moon, the "this completely changes your life and forces a break" of Uranus-Pluto, the "no, you DON'T have any friends you can trust" of Pluto-Venus. But May 6 concentrates them quite a lot. It's also right between Mars square his Neptune (which always seeks out one's vulnerabilities and pushes one's buttons) and Mars conjunct his Mercury. Presuming he is in Washington at that time, his Sidereal Lunar Return for April 29 has Neptune square his Sun-Moon and Mars square his Neptune on the angles.

But, switching gears, there's also the fact that his new Solar Return June 14, 2021 is quite severe in the "direct attack on him" sense: Mars is near MC, exactly square Washington Asc. Anywhere in the world it has a Moon-Saturn-Uranus T-square (Saturn-Uranus is 0°00', Moon aspects them both within 20') near his Pluto. Mars MC passes nearly atop Mar-A-Lago, while Mars square Asc is quite exact through NYC so, if he is in any of these places - Florida, Washington, or Manhattan - the attack is quite powerful, effective, and "breaking."

It's a tough year for him, no doubt about it. At this point, I'd estimate that the Senate trial sill be late April or early May - just outside the "first 100 days" period for the new administration - and that criminal prosecutions will start to zero in after his mid-June birthday. One especially tough day will be July 3 when transiting Mars hits that Solar Return Moon-Saturn-Uranus trio.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: When is the trial? Or: He has a BAD year coming up.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:42 am

Almost everyone who responded thought the trial would be almost immediately. For at least some of them, I can tell it's wishful thinking: Get it going while people are still mad. There are also some reports that Congress wants to get on with it, though other reports that they may delay it considerably. (The issue is they don't want to interfere with time needed to confirm Biden's appointments and get some immediate relief bills in motion.)

As mentioned above, I could see it occurring January 20 - except that just seems impractical. I've posted his SLR and Demi-SLR interps for Washington a few posts above and they don't look so bad for the month or so he's first out of office. So I'm not sure about that part. There could be so "proximity" effect to the January 20 transits, of course, or something could officially start that day as a formality. In any case, he is vacating the White House that morning and moving to Mar-A-Lago.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: When is the trial? Or: He has a BAD year coming up.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 am

Donald Trump's 2021 SSR will occur June 14, 2021, 4:06 PM EDT. For all places on Earth, it has:

16°08' Can - r Pluto
18°05' Ari - s Uranus
18°05' Cap - s Saturn
18°25' Can - s Moon

Mars is the strongest chart factor all along the East Coast. While he could be anywhere at all on his birthday, here are angles for the three most likely places:

5°16' Lib - Washington Asc
5°57' Lib - Palm Beach Asc
6°59' Can - s Mars
7°08' Lib - NYC Asc
7°24' Can - Palm Beach MC
10°19' Can - Washington MC
13°17' Can - NYC MC

The strongest threat is in New York City - probably from the Southern District's investigation into his businesses. Also, the NYC EP is 18°10' Aries, with Uranus (from the Moon-Saturn-Uranus group at the top of this post) only 0°02' from WP.

Being a solunar return, this chart is highly responsive to where he is when it occurs and where he moves on the globe throughout the year. However, the Moon aspects are unmistakably strenuous. Angularities in the three cities where he's most likely to live add an entirely different dimension, one of laser-focused attack at the very least (transiting Mars) and - for New York City - devastating disclosure and further dismantling.

We won't know mundane aspects until we know the location of the chart, but the ecliptical partile aspects for the chart are worth noting on their own. Besides the Moon-Saturn-Uranus T-square, they are:

t Pluto op. r Venus 0°29'
t Mercury conj. r Uranus 0°37'
t Neptune sq. r Sun 0°49'
t Neptune sq. r Moon 0°55'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm

McConnell proposed today that Trump should have the same time to prepare his impeachment defense as others have had, so the Senate trial should be held back until the second week of February - he mentioned sometime around February 10. Consider that in relation to Trump's SLR forecast beginning 2/8, repeated below.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 am
Effective Feb 6 to Mar 6. After two weeks of probable relaxation, Donald Trump is back in the spotlight and breaks forth with big news - if he is in or around Washington. Natal Sun-Moon opposition is across the Eastpoint axis (partile) with transiting Neptune on IC (2°). Neptune squares his Moon.

What can thrive under this is Trump the TV character, the performer, the entertainer. With the great strength of his luminaries, this probably will prevail. However, this is also an example of the slow psyche-eroding encroachment of Neptune to aspect his luminaries. Neptune to Moon enhances his vulnerabilities. (The chart is nearly the same for Palm Beach, but with transiting Neptune and natal Uranus a little stronger.)

I believe he will be solidly in the headlines because of the 0°00' Sun-Mercury mundane conjunction in Washington. Support aspects (partile, non-foreground) convey excitement, such as Sun, Venus, and Mercury square Uranus (a mix of ecliptical and mundane aspects). Other aspects show shifting relationships and life-conditions (Pluto-to-Venus, Neptune-to-Uranus, Saturn-Uranus, Jupiter-to-Pluto, and Venus-Saturn).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm
McConnell proposed today that Trump should have the same time to prepare his impeachment defense as others have had, so the Senate trial should be held back until the second week of February - he mentioned sometime around February 10.
McConnell? The Senate Majority Leader is Chuck Schumer. If Schumer says let's wait two weeks, that's worth looking at. But McConnell has no say as to when the trial will be held.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:41 am

Well it must be a relief for you to say goodbye to the maniac childish president with the smallest hands and worst words in the history of American presidents :lol:

It certainly is a relief for the rest of us in the world :D

I predict that Melania will leave him very soon.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:07 am

Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 pm
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm
McConnell proposed today that Trump should have the same time to prepare his impeachment defense as others have had, so the Senate trial should be held back until the second week of February - he mentioned sometime around February 10.
McConnell? The Senate Majority Leader is Chuck Schumer. If Schumer says let's wait two weeks, that's worth looking at. But McConnell has no say as to when the trial will be held.
Schumer has the actual authority to schedule it; but McConnell still has political clout in, e.g., affecting how easy the Republicans make it to do important things like approve presidential appointments and get the relief bill under way.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:41 am

Schumer just reported that Pelosi will send over the articles of impeachment Monday. I believe that requires that the trial begin Tuesday at noon (or perhaps deliberations about rules etc. have to begin then, not sure: That's a matter of the Senate's internal rules).

If that's the timing, then Trump's Demi-SLR over 1/24 puts him in a sweet place (for him):
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:35 am
Effective Jan 23 to Feb 7. Again, no planets are closely foreground for Washington. Four planets widely foreground organize as two aspects: Transiting Venus squares natal Jupiter (1°21' mundo), which is warm, congenial, social, comfortable, relaxing, with pleasure from food, festivities, and friends. His natal Mercury-Neptune square (tightened to 1°38' mundo) bring forth many familiar Trump traits including (for example) telling tell tales and cutting deals.

Wherever he is, if it's in the Eastern U.S., he's probably feeling good about things. It looks like he's relaxing on vacation.

Support aspects show a backdrop of disappointments, though: Partile but background, Neptune squares his Moon, transiting Sun and Saturn are conjunct, and ongoing major transits of Neptune to Uranus and Pluto to Saturn continue.
The other big change between now and next week is... Pluto entering Capricorn, which occurs Tuesday. This is too big a deal to be dealing much on so passing an event as an impeachment trial, but it will be interesting to see if its fingerprints get on the event.

Current thought: Trump's Demi-SLR has him sitting in his nice vacation spot while things ramp up, but the trial may take weeks - so that he has rolled to the more vulnerable (at least nerves-wrangling) SLR and even Demi-SLR that follow. The February 3 Liblunar has "battle" all over its face.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 am

Jim wrote:
Schumer has the actual authority to schedule it; but McConnell still has political clout...
I am confused. Is the Senate actual count 50 Reps 48 Dems and 2 Independents (who sides with the Dems), which I guess still gives Mitch blocking power to introduce bills to the Senate floor????

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:11 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 am
Jim wrote:
Schumer has the actual authority to schedule it; but McConnell still has political clout...
I am confused. Is the Senate actual count 50 Reps 48 Dems and 2 Independents (who sides with the Dems), which I guess still gives Mitch blocking power to introduce bills to the Senate floor????
There are a whole lot of ways to block something from coming to the floor. In fact, among the obscure rules in the Senate, there are some (unclear to me) situations where any single Senator can block a matter from coming to a vote.

But the main issue here is the political dance. If all Democrats vote together, they will win any vote that isn't tied up by filibuster. The filibuster is the greatest tool the Republicans now have: Under the Senate's rules allowing extensive deliberation on a topic, any Senator, once he or she is called on and has the floor, can hold the floor for an unlimited amount of time provided they don't stop or sit down. This can go on for days and tie everything up. How do you beat a filibuster? There is a higher priority parliamentary action, which is a vote to end debate; but the vote to end debate requires 60 votes.

Therefore, to overcome the long stalling power of a filibuster, it takes 60 votes, not 50. Republicans can, therefore, halt most things from coming to a vote.

There are exceptions, though. I think approval of presidential appointments is exempt from filibuster, so the Cabinet appointments can at least come to a vote. But the relief bill can't come to a vote unless at least 10 Republicans vote to make it happen, and many things concerning the impeachment trial are also subject to this (aside from the fact that removal from office will require 2/3 of the Senators present).

This is aside from the fact that McConnell has enormous political power, i.e., the ability to compel loyalty and have people side with him. This isn't a parliamentary power, it's just pure political power. He still heads his party in the Senate. His leadership position is under attack by Trump loyalists, though, who have particularly focused on his statement that Trump committed impeachable acts and that he MIGHT vote to remove. One block of Republicans in the Senate have state candidly that if McConnell votes to remove Trump, they will see that he is removed as party leader. OTOH many observers think that McConnell's clout is so strong that if he says he's voting to remove, at least another 16 Republican Senators will go along with him - removing Trump's rights to run for office and marking history with a full Republican rebuke of Trump, letting the party distance itself from him going forward.

In other words: McConnell is sitting at an ongoing poker game with the second highest pile of chips and a LOT of opportunities to bargain.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:19 am

Independents who vote with the Democrats and are given committee positions by Democrats also vote for the Democratic leadership and count as not-Republicans, ie Democrats when counting up who has the majority.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:25 am

The majority party can vote at the beginning of a session, to block fillibusters, which is what the Republicans did to the Democrats the last two sessions (4 years)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm

JSAD wrote:
Independents who vote with the Democrats and are given committee positions by Democrats also vote for the Democratic leadership and count as not-Republicans, ie Democrats when counting up who has the majority.
So, if I understand, the 2 Independents generally will always vote with the Dems, actually making the senate 50-50, but with Harris casting possible "break the tie" stuff for floor votes, the majority now exists with the Dems on getting Bills to the floor for a vote. This still means at least 10 Rep senators would have to vote with the 50 Dem senators to officially pass a Bill into law, provided there was no Veto from the Prez. Correct?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm

No, not correct. A bill can pass on 51 votes. They need 60 if the president vetos or to stop a fillibuster.

Steve, read this: http://nacns.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... ics101.pdf and https://guides.library.pdx.edu/c.php?g=271192&p=1810844
Those should answer most of these civics questions for you without taking up space on Jim's server for non-astrological stuff.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks JSAD.