Two earlier King Charleses

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Two earlier King Charleses

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:17 am

King Charles I and his son King Charles II are dramatically different figures that could be expected to have quite opposing charts.

King Charles I was born November 19, 1600 NS, 11:00 PM LAT, Dunfermline, Scotland. (Add 8 seconds to get UT.) Considered a tyrant (mostly because he imposed taxes without Parliament's approval), his armies battled those of Parliament in the British Civil War. Under the legal theory that Parliament was the real government, he was convicted of treason and beheaded.

His son, King Charles II, oversaw the restoration of the monarchy 11 years later and was one of England's most popular kings, called The Merry Monarch. Quite a difference! Charles II was born May 29, 1630 OS, 11:25 AM LAT, London. (Subtract 0:01:09 to get UT.)

The tyrant King Charles I was a Scorpio-Aries with Neptune closely rising and a Sun-Neptune square dominating his chart. Sun-Neptune closely angular with Scorpio-Aries luminaries (and Mars in Scorpio) does seem a bit brutish, war-minded, and tyrannical. Sun's half degree opposition to Eris didn't make things any less chaotic.

In contrast, his son, the Merry Monarch, was a double Taurus. Oh, were his courts voluptuous! To the double Taurus luminaries (and Mars in Cancer), add Jupiter and Uranus closest to the angles in 0°11' mundane square. This was a successful, fun, party-hearty reign - merry indeed! (Don't miss his 0°01' Moon-Mars mundane square.)

There's more - but this is enough to show that these were two very different kings, this father and son - nd their charts show it!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com