Joan Rivers: Medical Emergency

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Danica
Irish
Irish

Joan Rivers: Medical Emergency

Post by Danica » Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am

Aug 31, 2014
DDonovanKinsolving wrote:Comedienne Joan Rivers was born June 8, 1933, 02:00 EDT in Brooklyn, NY. On August 28, 2014 she stopped breathing during a medical procedure in Yorktown, NY and was taken to a hospital, where she was put into a medically induced coma, where she remains. Data from the AstroDatabase section of Astro.com.

Here is her SLR. Tansiting Neptune is conjunct the IC, opposite natal Neptune within 1 degree of the MC. Transiting Saturn is widely angular, while all benefics are cadent. Transiting Mars is middle-ground but trine transit Neptune within 1 degree.

It has seemed to me over the years that precise aspects of a degree or less are powerful in SLRs even including those we normally ignore, i.e., sextile, trine, semi-sextile and quincunx. This case seems to support that idea.

Any thoughts?

MOD NOTE: ADD CHART

-Derek
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: Joan Rivers: Medical Emergency

Post by Danica » Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 am

SteveS wrote:Hi Derek, anytime I see a close foreground planet in any return chart receiving anykind of partile aspect, I pay close attention for a possible ‘outstanding incident.’ Jim’s book ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’ taught me this long ago where he states:
It is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.

I have proven to myself with hundreds of return charts the astrological truth of Jim’s above quoted words. We Sidereal Astrologers have to judge the scope of astro symbolism with one’s return charts determined by one’s immediate environment, and we see here with Joan her immediate environment was under a surgical procedure with this partile angular Mars-Neptune in her SLR. IMO, partile conjunctions, oppositions, and squares are our most dynamic aspects producing the dynamic incidents in life, but I never ignore the other partile aspects when angular in a return chart for producing life incidents.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 am

Sep 03, 2014
SteveS wrote:I was listening to a doctor on TV last night discussing the situation about Joan Rivers. He said any time a patient over 80 is given an anesthesia (drug) for surgical purposes; they are at an increased risk of having % of oxygen cut-off from their brain. Joan stopped breathing during the out patient procedure which did not have the proper facilities to cope with the situation. Anyway, we see her SLR Neptune and r. Neptune (drug) in the immediate foreground with her SLR Neptune receiving a partile 120 from Mars (surgical procedure), par-excellent symbolism for the event pertaining to her immediate environment for the surgical procedure.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 am

Sep 04, 2014
DDonovanKinsolving wrote:Joan Rivers died today. Here is her fatal SLR.
Rivers_FatalSLR.jpg
Always look at the aspects the SLR Sun makes. In this case, it is conjunct natal Neptune and opposite natal Neptune, similar to the previous SLR which put the natal/transit Neptune opposition angular. In the Campanus mundoscope, the Sun is exactly midway between the angles; the combination highlights the Neptunes while reducing the overall ability to contribute basic vitality.

The Mars-Saturn conjunction is angular at the Descendant; in this case looks are deceiving. Saturn is 3:56, and Mars is 4:25, below the horizon in the Campanus mundoscope.

Apparently, she never emerged from her medically-induced coma. RIP, Joan Rivers.

-Derek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 am

SteveS wrote:Derek wrote:
…the Sun is exactly midway between the angles; the combination highlights the Neptunes while reducing the overall ability to contribute basic vitality.
In the last two years of my Mother’s life, transiting Neptune (off & on) was partile cnj her Natal Sun and I watched how this transit slowly took away her vitality. Good point Derek about theses Neptunes with Joan’s basic vitality.

RIP Joan.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC