Danica’s SSR 2021

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Danica’s SSR 2021

Post by Danica » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:25 am

My new annual cycle is to commence in twenty days, and, as every year this time around, regardless of the features of both old and the new one, it is eagerly expected - whatever it may bring, there is a change of tides, and that, in itself, feels an occasion to be happy about 😊

For the D.R. (active forum members, feel free to pm me about the exact location), where I will most likely be on Thursday, April 22nd at 7:16 am, when it sets, the chart features are as follows:

t Ur (30’) and t Ve (1*02’) are on the Eq, and t Mercury sq MC on the east side (48’).

The rising Ve & Ur conjunction is only 32’ wide, and both are sq Saturn a bit over 2* , but Sa itself is away from the angles.

What the in-mundo measurement reveals, though, is: a partile conjunction of Eris with the Ve-Ur duo (which themselves are mundanely 7’)! - she being within 30’ with both, and all three of them above the Eastern horizon, 7*30’-8* away.

Natal planets coming to the angles (m.) by orb, are:

r Pl on DC 1*31’
r Ma on EP 2*30’
r Me on AC 3*23’

(Given that the chart’s ecliptical AC-DC axis is at 28*53’ Ari-Lib, and r Pl is at 3*31’ Lib, without the tools to measure this, we wouldn’t even know it’s angular, let alone the closest natal foreground factor in the chart!)

The Solar Moon this time around is dynamically interconnected with the t Jupiter (opp 3*33’ s) and t Sedna (sq 2*36’ s).

It is at 5*36’ Leo, so will progress to come exact to nat Moon, then Uranus, then Jupiter and Venus, during the year.

What I am happy about the most in this chart is the fact that there is double Mercury present, with the Moon being with t Jupiter and *no* tr malefics (unless one counts Sedna as such, which I don’t) —- it gives hope of lots of work being done (the Mercurial kind) and within the circumstances of joy and shared happiness.

The list of transiting to natal aspects, within 1* orb ecliptically:

Ma opp Ne 10’ a
Er oct Ur 11’ s
Pl oct Ve 16’ s
Sa sq Ma 29’ a
Ne oct Se 41’ a
(Ju sq Chi 44’ s
Lun.Node opp Ju 60’ a)

This is the first year, in the sequence, since I moved here to the area 5 years ago, that doesn’t have the Sun angular - unless 3*14’ sq MC works to some extent - we shall be able to know more about it in retrospect.

The whole picture certainly looks exciting!
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Danica’s SSR 2021

Post by Veronica » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:11 am

Yes it does!
Here's hoping for tons of wonderfulness coming your way!

With a double Mercurcy in the mix I am reminded that I need to renew my Autoclub membership. The universe seems to use autos an awful lot in my life for mercurial things.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 am

With circumstances as they are, I can be anywhere here in the area when this SSR sets (am in the desert between San Bernardino National Forest on the west, and the Joshua Tree on the east - they call it the "high desert" region, the climate and biodiversity is different from the Joshua's climate itself, I suspect due to the area bridging these two so diverse - mutually contrasting - zones/micro-ecosystems), fine-tuning the orbs of the closest involved factors, to get one or another kind of picture.
I'll meditate on this on the go, between now and then. I do like the fact that the D.R. here includes t Mercury (with t Ur, two tr strongest-by-orb factors: Ur 30', Me 48'); going anywhere east, west or south moves it out of the 1* zone.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am

You have two pretty exciting locations in adjacent states which, however, bring malefics into play as well. The challenge would be to get the benefics angular to within no more than 0°01'-0°02' orb, while keeping the malefics outside the closest ("Class 1") orbs of angles.

One spot is Las Vegas. You have Jupiter square Ascendant within 0°04' for central LV and could go slightly east of town to fine tune it. The down side is that natal Mars is on EP-a - fortunately, a little more than 1° from it - and this year your Mars gets a partile square from Saturn. While "Jupiter exactly angular for Vegas" sounds great, there is some self-destructiveness (at least recklessness) involved to weigh against it.

Another hour or two past that takes you to one of the small towns just north of Cedar City, Utah, such as Parogonah, UT. This is where Moon and Venus lines cross - they each square angles. As you move from Cedar City a few miles northeast along the highway to Parogonah, you move from Moon being most exactly square to Venus being most exactly square: At Parogonah, Venus is 0°02' from square MC and gets closer if you go east a couple of miles. The downside is that Saturn is near MC for that whole region but (the good news) stays more than 5° from the angle (and is not in partile aspect to Venus or Uranus).

You get some measure of Saturn square your Mars with either of these but have the opportunity to overwhelm it with an angular-to-the-minute benefic. For a blow-your-mind wonder of beauty, consider Bryce Canyon, one of my favorite spots on Earth, where Saturn stays 4° from the angle but Uranus is 0°03' from square MC. - I think my choice would be to keep Saturn slightly farther away and keep the exact Venus (somewhere just east of Parogonah) and then go to Bryce Canyon (75 miles away) immediately after.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 am

Thank you for looking it up - no out of state, I'll definitely stick to the very immediate local options.
(Unless, of course, some last-minute, out-of-nowhere, Uranus-Venus exact conj style, thing happens to happen :) )

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Then I'd probably go for somewhere near the longitude of Salton Sea or slightly east - the longitude 115W45 gives Mercury exactly square MC. Desert Center is too far, Chiriaco Summit is almost exactly the right longitude; or, on Salton itself, Bombay Beach is essentially the right minute of longitude).

The other approach is to go as far east as you can to get transiting Jupiter at least within 2° of square Ascendant even if you don't get it exactly. At Blythe it's nearly partile (1°04'), at Desert Center it's just barely in at 1°58', so whatever between those two that looks like your spot.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:26 pm

Okay, I have finally read studiously the "Rebranding the EP & WP" thread (have had it bookmarked for so long!), and I see how I've been doing it wrongly with not looking up the SF's Eq in RA, but just going with what it shows in long.

Jim, thank you wholeheartedly for that thread. It's clear: both clear what hasn't been so to me so far, and clear how it needs to be done! :)

So, with this fresh perspective, I see that the D.R. itself isn't bad at all - on the contrary! 8-)

This is the sequence of closest by orb, transiting (natal is as listed in the initial post above):
Ur on EP 21'
Ve on EP 47'
Me sq MC 48'

Tr Jupiter being present in major way anyway, with opp the solar Moon, I don't feel going eastward to get it inside 1* of angularity is necessary.