2023 - TERRIBLE SSR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

2023 - TERRIBLE SSR

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 4:41 pm

My job is seriously stressing me out, not just because most new nurses suck at nursing but because now despite being hired as a "full-time" nurse, there are fewer opportunities to work due to low census. We went down to only 6 patients today on a 32-unit floor. I don't know why I took this job, the internal politics of who actually gets to work is just insulting. Most of the nurses that I work with are just extremely rude and self-congratulatory, and I feel like there's a huge double standard in terms of punitive action. Anyway, as Saturn makes its way across my 2021 SSR Moon/Jupiter, I am feeling so anxious, that I wake up in the morning feeling like I want to vomit.

My 2023 SSR looks pretty bleak. Close Moon/Saturn square with the afflicted moon being foreground. Positives: Venus on the IC exactly square natal Saturn, Uranus foreground, and Jupiter somewhat in orb of the East Point. My question is, do the positive points seem to indicate some sort of cushion? I really don't want to lose my nurse's license, it's all I have.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 2023 - TERRIBLE SSR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 5:04 pm

Your current solar return is mixed. It has the positive Moon-Jupiter opposition yet also has TWO Saturns angular (transiting Saturn 0°27' from IC, natal Saturn 0°16' from EP-a). When transiting Saturn temporarily blinks out the advantages of Moon-Jupiter, you're going to feel that Saturn most acutely.

I had something similar earlier this year: I have a really good SSR including Jupiter exactly on IC. When Saturn went across Jupiter and IC at the same time, I had some financial karma and other difficulties to deal with. Because the baseline SSR is really good, it wasn't as hard as it could have been, but I did feel the temporary effect.

I think you can weather this and that your state of mind about the job will change as circumstances change. Also, this job is stepping stone to what might come later down the road. So, let's take a look forward, starting with your next SSR.
Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:41 pm
My 2023 SSR looks pretty bleak. Close Moon/Saturn square with the afflicted moon being foreground. Positives: Venus on the IC exactly square natal Saturn, Uranus foreground, and Jupiter somewhat in orb of the East Point. My question is, do the positive points seem to indicate some sort of cushion? I really don't want to lose my nurse's license, it's all I have.
Before we worry about 2023, let's think about your 2022 SSR. You are going through several years with your natal Saturn coming to angles every year. This is going to increase a sense of burden (though adds the motivation and strength to work hard). For your home, the 2022 SSR is marked by transiting Pluto 0°37' from Asc and natal Saturn 0°16' from MC. Pluto squares your Saturn within 1° (mundanely). Moon squares natal Pluto 0°07'.

That's rough. In my opinion, you need to do something about that: Living a year under that chart will be hard, will wear you out, and frankly Pluto's mundane transit to your Saturn can undercut your security. You need a different Solar Return. IMO, you need to plan a trip for your birthday.

Fortunately, there are some benefic lines in different parts of the U.S. I'll state the big picture, then we can talk about narrowing it from there. First, Venus squares MC on a longitude that touches the Florida coast around Fort Lauderdale, then crosses from the Atlantic onto land in South Carolina, passing due north through central North Carolina, W Va, and westernmost Pennsylvania.

Second, Jupiter squares Ascendant on a line from the lowermost tip of Southern California, across a corner of Arizona, through the middle of Utah and Wyoming, and across a bit of SE Montana. For this line, I recommend you not try the California-Arizona part (because of a Jupiter-Pluto crossing that is unpredictable) but consider Utah or Wyoming. (Bryce Canyon, one of my favorite spots in the world, has Jupiter almost precisely square Asc and natal Jupiter not too far from Asc. Venus is third most angular bringing TWO foreground Venus-Jupiter aspects. There are other planets involved, but these dominate.)

We also have to look at the exact latitude - see what of your natal planets might be angular - that's easier after we have an approximate choice. If there is a particular place either along the Venus line or the Jupiter line that you'd like to consider, let me know and we can check it for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 5:55 pm

Hey, Jim, I was wondering. Is there anywhere else in Wyoming that isn't Bryce Canyon. I just saw how many different flights you have to get on, and for a person who hasn't been on a plane very much, it seems very extreme, and I don't want to miss a flight.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:41 pm
First the reality: Yes, for your home it's pretty bleak. Natal Saturn is 0°21' from square MC, the transiting Moon-Saturn square is 1°29'. It does have transiting Venus pretty strong, but it squares your Saturn so it's not exactly a "good time" planet.

The BEST thing about the chart is that both transiting Jupiter and Venus aspect your Saturn in the foreground. This can be "circumstances ease your deepest worries" kind of pattern.

But, as with 2022, I don't think you need to accept that this is how your Solar Return will be. Start thinking now about where you want to travel for your 2023 birthday. (C'mon, you have a Sagittarius Moon: Travel! Amplify the positives.)

You get the Moon-Saturn square either way. I've had worse Moon aspects: The key is to have strong enough benefics as close to 0°00' from an angle as possible, hopefully within about 0°05' or less.

In what follows, remember I haven't checked your natal planets yet. If there is something here that you like, we can look closer. The problem is that transiting Venus and Jupiter both aspect your Saturn. That might not be horrible - we've seen benefit (when an angular Saturn can't be avoided) in simply making sure Jupiter is essentially 0°00' from the angle, and that might be the solution here.

BTW, transiting Venus isn't THAT close to the angle for your home. Ecliptically, it looks exact to within minutes, but it's actually more than 3° off the angle. It's your Saturn 0°22' from square MC that is the standout at your home.

Venus is on IC due north-south on a line that passes through Pierre, SD (in case you want to look on a map) and moves from Texas to North Dakota. There's a Moon-Venus crossing in the upper tip of Texas (I'd half to work it out in detail, but it looks like maybe around Glazier). Oh, I just ran it: Glazier, TX is pretty good! Other than the Moon-Saturn square, it's a VERY positive SSR. (A little fine tuning could probably put both transiting Venus and Jupiter exactly on angles.)

In fact, let's leave it there. We can find other places, but that's a good start to show you that a positive chart is possible. Here's a breakdown of your 2023 SSR for Glazier, just so you can see with your own eyes.

t Saturn on Z -2°27'
r Uranus on Dsc -7°10'

r Mars on Dsc -5°43'
t Jupiter on EP-a -0°36'
r Mercury on N -0°12'
-----------------------------
t Moon on Asc +0°03'
t Venus on IC +0°07'

r Pluto on Dsc +4°47'
t Uranus on Asc +4°49''

r Saturn on WP-a +2°47'

t Moon-Venus sq. 0°03' M
t Moon-Saturn sq. 1°28'

t Uranus op. r Pluto 0°02' M
t Venus op. r Saturn 0°13'
r Mars-Uranus co. 0°47'

t Jupiter op. r Saturn 1°09'
t Saturn op. r Mercury 2°14'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:55 pm
Hey, Jim, I was wondering. Is there anywhere else in Wyoming that isn't Bryce Canyon. I just saw how many different flights you have to get on, and for a person who hasn't been on a plane very much, it seems very extreme, and I don't want to miss a flight.
Bryce is in Utah, not Wyoming. If you were going to fly instead of drive, I'd suggest flying into Salt Lake City and making the several hour drive to Bryce.

However, sure, there are other places. Here is the map of Jupiter square Asc. (Save it off, I'll come back and delete it later.) Remember, each location has to be checked against your natal planets and whatever else might make it to the angles, but this will get you started.

Most of the area where this crosses is pretty empty, but perhaps something will catch your eye. Jupiter is the purple line. BTW, while transiting Jupiter is better, you also have natal Jupiter to work with and it's quite close to Ascendant (0°39') for Salt Lake City, we could find a place in the outskirts that would put it exact. SLC also plays up your natal Venus, so both natal benefics.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm

How about Thermopolis, WY?
Never mind, SLR Mars is exactly risking on the 5th.

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 7:12 pm

Hey, Jim. I looked at Arizona and Wyoming. The only problem I have is that I want to fly into a city and stay there. I looked at Florida, but Saturn is very close to the ASC.

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 7:21 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:05 pm
Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:55 pm
Bryce is in Utah, not Wyoming. If you were going to fly instead of drive, I'd suggest flying into Salt Lake City and making the several hour drive to Bryce.

However, sure, there are other places. Here is the map of Jupiter square Asc. (Save it off, I'll come back and delete it later.) Remember, each location has to be checked against your natal planets and whatever else might make it to the angles, but this will get you started.

Most of the area where this crosses is pretty empty, but perhaps something will catch your eye. Jupiter is the purple line. BTW, while transiting Jupiter is better, you also have natal Jupiter to work with and it's quite close to Ascendant (0°39') for Salt Lake City, we could find a place in the outskirts that would put it exact. SLC also plays up your natal Venus, so both natal benefics.

Jupiter.jpg
Jim, is there anything with Venus angular? I don't know how to use SF that well.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:12 pm
Hey, Jim. I looked at Arizona and Wyoming. The only problem I have is that I want to fly into a city and stay there. I looked at Florida, but Saturn is very close to the ASC.
I'd stay away from Arizona because of the Pluto lines. I'm not sure why you're skipping right over Utah, but it's your vacation :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:21 pm
Jim, is there anything with Venus angular? I don't know how to use SF that well.
As I mentioned above:
Venus squares MC on a longitude that touches the Florida coast around Fort Lauderdale, then crosses from the Atlantic onto land in South Carolina, passing due north through central North Carolina, W Va, and westernmost Pennsylvania.
You can look anywhere on that line. Get a map and draw a vertical line north-south at about Palm Beach, FL (the place where Florida most bulges outward just above Miami). Because of the Saturn, you probably don't want that spot directly, but you can go straight north through the areas mentioned above. For example, Roanoke, VA is right on the Venus line (though there's a problem at that latitude since natal Saturn is exactly square Ascendant; but this might help you find the line on a map).

Pittsburgh is almost exactly on that line. Your Saturn backs away.

I think (since you want to fight Saturn trends, and since you want career advantage) that Jupiter is a better bet than Venus, but I wanted to answer the question you asked.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri May 13, 2022 7:39 pm

Thanks, Jim. I would like to try Bryce. The only problem I have is driving. I have terrible anxiety, and can't even drive from here to San Antonio.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 pm

Though transiting benefics have some advantage over natal benefics, Marion and I have used natal benefics when that was our best move - and the results were good. Let me nudge you just a bit on Salt Lake City, which is dominated by natal benefics:

t Moon on Asc -9°20'
r Pluto on MC -9°15'
t Pluto on EP-a -2°04'

t Jupiter on N -1°43'
r Venus on Z -0°48'
--------------------------
t Jupiter on Asc +0°39'

t Neptune on Asc +5°32'

t Moon sq. r Pluto 0°05' M
t Moon co. r Moon 2°15' M

t Jupiter op. r Venus 0°55'
r Venus-Jupiter sq. 1°42'
t Jupiter sq. r Jupiter 2°37'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 13, 2022 7:48 pm

BTW, though I'm using the maps in Solar Fire to zero in, I'm checking each location using Mike's TMSA.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com