My SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: SLR 2/7/2019

Post by Danica » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

1. Is there an interpretation of Pluto's transit to Mars that totally explains the discrepancy of expectation to result (and especially of Mars-Pluto to Mars). The "changes at work" "event" covers the first to last days of the SLR, so should be especially represented by the most important features of the SLR.
:idea: I wonder if the synastry between you and the new-old person in the work environment would reveal your Mars being intensely engaged!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: My SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm

No reasonable possibility of getting the data.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Mike
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:22 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am
There is a part of me that would rather have suffered mightily if it made astrology look better.
I thought it was just me! :lol:

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Demi-SLR 3/20/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am
t Uranus on Dsc +0°22'
t Venus on IC -2°39'
t Venus-Uranus sq. 3°01' in mundo
-- r Jupiter-Uranus-Neptune within 2°
-- t Uranus sq. r Jupiter-Uranus within 2°
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
My new Demi-SLR tomorrow is quite a different thing from the full SLR summarized immediately above. Here is the breakdown:

r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29' (EP +0°41')
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04' (EP +1°41')
t Jupiter on MC -5°37'
t Moon on Dsc -7°58'
t Sun on Asc -8°17'

-- t Mercury op. r Moon 0°08'
-- t Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo
-- t Mercury op. r Pluto 0°30' in mundo
-- r Moon-Pluto op. 0°38' in mundo
-- t Jupiter sq. r Moon 1°15'
-- t Mercury-Neptune conj. 1°34' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Moon 1°43' in mundo
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Pluto 3°03' in mundo
-- t Moon-Mercury op. 3°09'
-- t Jupiter-Neptune sq. 3°31' in mundo

Other partile:
t Mars-Saturn sq. 0°19' in mundo
t Venus-Mars sq. 0°25'

Compressing it down to just the closest factors:

r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29' (EP +0°41')
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04' (EP +1°41')

-- t Mercury op. r Moon 0°08'
-- t Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo
-- t Mercury op. r Pluto 0°30' in mundo
-- r Moon-Pluto op. 0°38' in mundo
-- t Jupiter sq. r Moon 1°15'
-- t Mercury-Neptune conj. 1°34' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Moon 1°43' in mundo
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Pluto 3°03' in mundo

Basically Mercury-Neptune to natal Moon-Pluto plus a transiting Moon-Sun-Jupiter triplet.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:00 am

Jim, using Fagan’s basic teachings about Lunar Returns, I see a very strong influence with your March 20 DSLR as t. Jupiter square r Moon 1,15, but not partile, but imo still very strong influence. Fagan stressed the importance of noting any partile 0,90,180 aspects of a transiting planet in the foreground of the Lunar Return to a Natal Planet, on the day of the Lunar Return.

Fagan says about these t Jupiter r Moon aspects 0,90,180:
JUPITER: The transit of Jupiter to the Moon from the foreground enriches the feelings in every way. The native's manner becomes assured, optimistic, heroic and exuberant, while his speech takes on an oratorical quality which frequently holds his audience spellbound. Under this transit the native may be invited to lecture, address meetings, make speeches, attend dinners or participate at functions, meetings and the like, according to his capacity and walk in life, all of which is very gratifying to the ego, even if it does not necessarily put money in his pocket. Generally speaking, this transit presages all-round improvements. The native's popularity will be at its peak and he will be in demand wherever he goes. On the stage and the platform he carries the crowd with him.
DSLR Mundo Mercury is partile DSLR Asc, a strong influence also, so a benefic Mercury-Jupiter angular influence for this March 20 DSLR. Let us know of any notable/main psychological manifestations.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 am

I consider the Moon-Jupiter strong - agreed - but Jupiter is by no means the most angular planet. The quartet of transiting Mercury-Neptune and natal Moon-Pluto has the closest concentration of angularity and aspect orbs.

And yes, it's nice to have the Moon-Jupiter and, more broadly, the Moon-Sun-Jupiter super-close T-square.

Natal Moon is 0°21' from Asc, natal Pluto 0°59' from Dsc, t Mercury 0°29' from Asc, and transiting Neptune 2°04' from Asc, in contrast to transiting Jupiter 5°37' off MC. The Mercury-Moon and Mercury-Pluto transits and "discovered" natal Moon-Pluto opposition are the only partile aspects except:

Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo, supported by
Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
and the close Moon-Jupiter ecliptical aspect you cited

Then Neptune transits to natal Moon and Pluto are the next most exact.

Altogether interesting.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:30 am

I understand Jim. Keep us informed for our learning curves.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 am

Steve, I think I haven't emphasized enough something I've taken as fact for (say) the last year: Just as in ingresses, mundane and ecliptically aspects are equally (indistinguishably) important in solar and lunar returns. This includes transit-to-transit, transit-to-natal, and "discovered" natal-to-natal mundane aspects (natal mundane aspect that are only formed because of the ST and latitude of the return chart).

This is roughly consistent with things Fagan wrote repeatedly, though he was even more mundane aspect oriented when possible. He wrote many times that the only aspects that mattered were conjunctions, oppositions, and "squares when they approximate the mundane square." I think this was his way of estimating based on not being to calculate the mundoscope on every chart he did.

If I were going by only ecliptical aspects, I'd be limited to the Moon-Mercury-Jupiter T-square. When you add the mundane natal and transiting aspects, this becomes much less in the scope of things.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am

I understand Jim. Fagan emphasized a DSLR can bring to fruition what the SLR began. Your DSLR appears to be symbolizing maybe a notable incident. Did your prior SLR begin anything of a notable nature related to your world?

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am
I understand Jim. Fagan emphasized a DSLR can bring to fruition what the SLR began. Your DSLR appears to be symbolizing maybe a notable incident. Did your prior SLR begin anything of a notable nature related to your world?
Nothing very concrete (unless I overlooked it).

I don't think of a Demi as so much a fulfillment of the SLR (though that is one outcome) but, rather, as an overlapping chart on its own. I finally sorted out how I think best to explain it:

Truth 1: The SLR will show the events and psychological tone that most mark its 4-week period.
Truth 2: The Demi-SLR will show the events and psychological tone that most mark its 2-week period.
Truth 3: Both Truth 1 and Truth 2 are concurrently true.

So... sometime this means that there are separate events or tones, one for each half of the month. Sometimes it means there is one overall tone from the SLR that is nuanced, reinforced, modified, whatever by the Demi, and events that the Demi brings to fruition that are started in the SLR. Sometimes... something else.

But if you take the three simple truths above, these variations tend to sort themselves out. In the same way that the SSR and SLR are concurrent and overlapping, the SLR and the Demi-SLR are concurrent and overlapping.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Jim wrote:
So... sometime this means that there are separate events or tones, one for each half of the month. Sometimes it means there is one overall tone from the SLR that is nuanced, reinforced, modified, whatever by the Demi, and events that the Demi brings to fruition that are started in the SLR. Sometimes... something else.
Yes, your above words have generally been my experience with the SLR & DSLR. Thanks for your take on this issue.