JAE SLRs 2020

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
JAE SLRs 2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:27 am

Beginning a refreshed thread.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
SLR 6/12/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:35 am

The new SLR occurs June 12, 2020, 10:49 PM PDT. I'll likey to feeling it by tonight. It will likely be a pivotal "phase change" return with the partile Moon-Sun square and it's weighted toward Saturn. I've added a section just for Moon aspects even though they aren't foreground and most of them aren't partile (they seem a setup for Mars-Neptune rising opposite Moon in the Demi in two weeks). Though not foreground, transiting Uranus is now in partile to natal Saturn.

Here is an interesting technical puzzle to examine (though it may not be obvious given the Saturn strength): It has long been evident, both to statistical examination and empirical confirmation that only conjunctions, oppositions, and squares operate in these returns. However, is this because of the intrinsic nature of the Dynamic class of aspects or because (barring partility) aspects appear not operative unless both planets are foreground? (The latter nearly always limits us to conjunctions, oppositions, and squares.) I raise this because, this month, my natal Venus, Jupiter, and Uranus are all foreground and are natally in close trine. Will I have distinctive expressions of Venus-Jupiter and Venus-Uranus that can be distinguished from merely having natal Venus pretty close to MC (or transiting Venus square natal Moon partile in mundo)?

I must say that the foreground planets form a really interesting group of aspects, though not in all cases pleasant (especially contemplating the Demi in two weeks).

r Venus on MC -3°41'
-------------------------
t Saturn on Asc +2°49'
r Uranus on Dsc +4°35'
r Jupiter on Dsc +4°40'
r Mars on Asc +5°59'
t Jupiter on Asc +6°41'
t Pluto on Asc +7°13'
\

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°05' in mundo
-- t Jupiter-Pluto conj. 0°32' in mundo
-- t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°32'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Mars 0°42' in mundo

-- r Mars-Jupiter op. 1°19' in mundo
-- r Mars-Uranus op. 1°24' in mundo
-- t Saturn op. r Uranus 1°46' in mundo
-- t Saturn op. r Jupiter 1°51' in mundo
-- t Jupiter op. r Jupiter 2°01' .in mundo
-- t Jupiter op. r Uranus 2°06' in mundo
-- t Pluto op. r Jupiter 2°33' in mundo
-- t Pluto op. r Uranus 2°38' in mundo
-- t Saturn conj. r Mars 3°10' in mundo
-- t Jupiter-Saturn conj. 3°53' in mundo
-- t Saturn-Pluto conj. 4°24' in mundo

t Moon-Sun sq. 0°16'
t Moon-Mars conj. 1°13'
Moon-Neptune conj. 1°29'

Other partile
t Mars-Neptune conj. 0°13'
T Sun sq. r Moon 0°16'
t Venus sq. r Moon 0°30' in mundo
t Mercury op. r Saturn 0°33' in mundo
t Uranus op. r Saturn 0°49'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: SLR 6/12/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:04 am

Trimming this down to the closer factors:

r Venus on MC -3°41'
-------------------------
t Saturn on Asc +2°49'
r Uranus on Dsc +4°35'
r Jupiter on Dsc +4°40'
r Mars on Asc +5°59'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°05'
-- t Jupiter-Pluto conj. 0°32'
-- t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°32'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Mars 0°42'

-- r Mars-Jupiter op. 1°19'
-- r Mars-Uranus op. 1°24'
-- t Saturn op. r Uranus 1°46'
-- t Saturn op. r Jupiter 1°51'
-- t Jupiter op. r Jupiter 2°01'
-- t Jupiter op. r Uranus 2°06'
-- t Pluto op. r Jupiter 2°33'
-- t Pluto op. r Uranus 2°38'

Other partile
t Mars-Neptune conj. 0°13'
T Sun sq. r Moon 0°16'
t Venus sq. r Moon 0°30' in mundo
t Mercury op. r Saturn 0°33' in mundo
t Uranus op. r Saturn 0°49'

Or, even more concisely,

t Saturn on Asc +2°49'

-- -- t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°32'
-- -- t Jupiter conj. r Mars 0°42'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Demi-SLR 6/26/2020

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:10 am

I'm going to do the unusual step of working up my Demi-SLR now - to get some reality on it (because what's visible at a glance will leave me sitting quite worried for the next two weeks - which, I admit, is one of the better possible results of the rising Saturn in the SLR :).) Combining Saturn from the SLR and Mars-Neptune from the Demi gives me a complete set of malefics; but how close is everything? What are the deeper relationships of things? - Notice that the Mars-Neptune midpoint is on Asc to the minute of arc and opposes Moon quite closely.

There is at least one surprise: Among my natal planets, the chart rotates so that I get a close natal Moon-Pluto opposition. - Another interesting technicality is that while transiting Neptune is in orb of close conjunction with natal Moon, the Moon-Mars aspects only exists in mundo and with transiting Moon. This difference might be slight, but I think it quite worth noting. This may, for example, be more a case of people being "steaming" around me and me "being in hot water" (Moon-Mars around me) than of an assault on my health (Mars to natal Moon). - Natal Moon-Pluto becomes the closest foreground aspect in the chart!

For perspective, Marion's June 26 SLR has Venus square MC partile as its main characteristic (at a glance), so whatever is happening to me probably will have little negative impact on her. It's all on me, not on things that affect us collectively.

t Mars sq. MC -0°28'
t Moon on Dsc -1°13'

-- t Mars/Neptune = Asc 0°01'
-------------------------------------------------
t Neptune on Asc +3°08'
r Moon on Asc +7°16'
r Pluto on Dsc +8°41'

-- r Moon-Pluto op. 1°25' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Moon 1°28'
-- t Moon-Mars op. 1°56' in mundo
-- t Mars op. r Asc 2°11'

Other partile
(LOL, I don't know what, if anything, to make of three being the same orb to the minute!)
t Jupiter-Pluto conj. 0°14' in mundo
t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°14'
t Uranus op. r Saturn 0°14'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Mars 0°31'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:04 am
t Saturn on Asc +2°49'

-- -- t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°32'
-- -- t Jupiter conj. r Mars 0°42'
I got one of my lenses back yesterday - the other won't be in until next week. So I have half my correctible vision restored.

The one clear Saturn manifestation so far was that I paid $1,000.00 yesterday for the replacement lenses. (Technically this was still under the old SLR, with Moon 4° before the conjunction, but my experience is that these are effective about 24 hours before they occur.)

BTW... a speculation... I've thought for some time (from an example here and there) that Jupiter-Pluto aspects have to do with healing in some fashion. I've been drawn to interpret the recent mundane astrology importance of Jupiter-Pluto as a focus on making wrong things better, adding to my standard interpretation ideas like reconstructing a social order, recovery, healing, or correction of wrong (unjust, dangerous, undermined) conditions, turning a corner, reversing the tide, and healing disease. (So far this month, it looks like I'm right.) In medical astrology, it has sometimes seemed that Pluto is cellular regeneration and Jupiter is "doctor makes it better" kind of stuff.

Anyway, with that setup... If this SLR is showing the expensive replacement of the lenses, Saturn shows the expense and inconvenience but the foreground partile Jupiter-Pluto conjunction might be showing the "repair" characteristics.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: JAE SLRs 2020

Post by Veronica » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:00 am

That is great news!! So happy for you.

I agree that Jupiter/Pluto is a great indicator of healing.
It very much rings true in my own life.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am

Yay for being able to see again, at least partly.

I like that interpretation of Jupiter-Pluto.
IN SMA (page 1050) you say it's Challenge to Prevailing Ideology, including Regime Change, and Blow to the Economy.
I think it could be seen as change in the prevailing ideology and change in the economic basis. Investors, the stock market and bankers hate and fear change of any kind and will crash the financial markets over any big change in the economy (and some small ones.)

Most of the change in this country is from healing, no matter what it looks like to old white men and financiers.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am
I think it could be seen as change in the prevailing ideology and change in the economic basis. Investors, the stock market and bankers hate and fear change of any kind and will crash the financial markets over any big change in the economy (and some small ones.)

Most of the change in this country is from healing, no matter what it looks like to old white men and financiers.
Agreed. BTW, I don't remember if I rewrote my Jupiter-Pluto standard interpretation before or after the last version of SMA, but here's how the paragraph (in mundane astrology) reads at the moment. It has gotten more complicated but I think it still shows a central idea with other details (drawn from history) wrapped around it:
Challenging beliefs, traditions, values, and the political-cultural systems that sustain them (ideological extremism arises). Political undermining or reversals (leaders attacked, removed; fall of regimes; reversals in political dominance; covert operations). Reconstructing a social order (ideological zeal; defense of justice, liberty, democracy). Effective alliance; ethnic or nationalist coalescing, founding a nation. – Money crisis (blow to economic conditions: reversals or ruin). Recovery, healing, or correction (by heroic measures) of wrong (unjust, dangerous, undermined) conditions, turning a corner, reversing the tide (healing disease). – Outlandishly freaky weather events.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 am

This has been a difficult SLR compared to others this year. The eye problem, thought sufficiently resolved for the present, isn't - I woke up from a nap to find the left lens missing and we spent an hour searching all the bedding for it without finding it, so it will have to be replaced again. (I haven't called the optometrist yet.) The right lens is suddenly not seating well for some reason (it's quite strange), so I have much more blurring than when it's working right. Net effect, I'm getting through the day again with about a third of my usual vision, which is physically and psychologically draining (it always surprises me how taxing it is to have compromised vision). This has brought additional financial strains - not for the present, but with the anticipation of them in the near future. Marion and I had a rare fight yesterday (we moved through/past it, all is well; but it wasn't pleasant at the time). So yeah, it just kinda sucks :)

So far, I have no suggestion that the natal foreground Venus-Jupiter and Venus-Uranus trines are operative (I raised this as a point of observation for the month).

With all of this, I am distinctly NOT looking forward to my incoming Mars & Neptune themed Demi-SLR (I should be feeling it by today). On the one hand, Marion's charts are positive - her new SLR has Venus angular - but her SSR has Saturn transiting the IC for where it set up and square Ascendant for here at home, so we may feel a blow. Other than ongoing risks of getting sick, my most vulnerable area is a work matter tonight and tomorrow: Our building's annual powerdown is occurring, which means I have to take our entire network and other systems down tonight, then go back at 6 AM to start bringing them back up, It sometimes takes more than one try to bring everything up correctly, so "risk of something going wrong" is a fair statement. Were something (for example) to happen to my right lens in the middle, it would become seriously a problem, so I know what I have to guard against. - Then there is always the possibility that all the Moon-Mars-Neptune is just anxiety and emotional impact (which, I can already tell, is harder to defend against right now). - Oh, well, I'll definitely learn something or other that is new from the next week or two.

Here's the incoming Demi again for reference:
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:10 am
t Mars sq. MC -0°28'
t Moon on Dsc -1°13'

t Neptune on Asc +3°08'
r Moon on Asc +7°16'
r Pluto on Dsc +8°41'

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am

Keep us informed Jim. Do you see/isolate any one main return chart, transit, progression, direction symbolizing/timing all the troubles you keep experiencing with your eye sight?

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am

Im sorry.
Can you put the right lense in the left eye if it is causing issues?
Fingers and toes crossed for the best😀

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am
Keep us informed Jim. Do you see/isolate any one main return chart, transit, progression, direction symbolizing/timing all the troubles you keep experiencing with your eye sight?
Nothing in particular. It's not that a health thing has deteriorated - the eyes have been this way for two or three years - it's the fiddling with the lenses and replacements etc. (essentially prosthetics). Seems just to be part of the "things get touch sometimes" stuff, so fluctuating a bit with Saturn, retreating with benefics, etc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am

Veronica wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am
Im sorry.
No. Each one is a custom fit. The right lens wouldn't even physically stay in the left eye.

Besides, then I'd be without vision in the right eye.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am
Veronica wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am
Im sorry.
No. Each one is a custom fit. The right lens wouldn't even physically stay in the left eye.

Besides, then I'd be without vision in the right eye.
Oh....
Bummer.
Just tryin to brainstorm.

I understand how taxing not seeing clearly feels.
Stay hydrated and breathe deep.
Im truely sorry.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am

so fluctuating a bit with Saturn,
Maybe your DSSR with Saturn partile the DSC?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am
so fluctuating a bit with Saturn,
Maybe your DSSR with Saturn partile the DSC?
I don't think Demi-Solars are important enough. I consider that they help divide the SSR year into quarters to see where SSR symbolism is duplicated, but for years haven't thought they have any independent value.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 am

I understand Jim--but pretty good Saturn symbolism with the persistence eye inhibition with the lost lens for the quarter you are under.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 am
I understand Jim--but pretty good Saturn symbolism with the persistence eye inhibition with the lost lens for the quarter you are under.
The persistence of the eye condition will be for the rest of my life (unless, at some point, I get cornea transplants). It doesn't take any astrological stuff to make it persist. It's like gray hair :)

There is nothing to do for it except have the right lenses (at $1,000 a pair) or, at some point perhaps, have cornea transplants.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:28 am

Oh, I thought the lens were a big deal.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:38 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:28 am
Oh, I thought the lens were a big deal.
Well, the lenses are indeed a big deal in that I barely have vision without them (just shapes, colors, and the ability to read only with non-tiny text that has to be held 2-3" from the eye). So not having them means I have little vision. Each lens has to be individually manufactured custom to my eye, there aren't generic lenses.

But the eye condition itself is permanent.

The lens issue isn't persistent so much as recurring. It's more of the nature of some home appliance breaking and needing to be replaced, and there have been several instances of that this year. But, on average, I've lost lenses two to three times a year since I had to start wearing them, though not always at this level of cost. Virus conditions also make all sorts of things take longer, including replacement manufacturing. (At the moment, I haven't even bothered calling the optometrist, I'm too busy.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry to hear about your impaired vision. Have you had them checked for laser repair? If they would be eligible?
I'm going for that kind of check later this month to check if I can get rid of the glasses I've had to use since I was about 42. The laser repair costs around 2-3000 $.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Arena wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am
Sorry to hear about your impaired vision. Have you had them checked for laser repair? If they would be eligible?
It's not an interior issue - not subject to laser surgery. It's a warped cornea. Solution is either a domed lens that has the effect of making the vision surface spherical again, or replace the corneas.

The science is rather cool, if basic: Normally the cornea is smooth so that the eyeball remains essentially spherical. In a not uncommon condition (keratoconus) the cornea becomes warped, irregular, or otherwise distorted. (It usually happens only in the young, rarely progressing after age 40, so mine is unusual only in that it came in later in life. A customized hard contact lens fitting over the cornea returns the eye + contact to its original spheroidal shape. The lens plus the tears that flow in to fill it have the same optical properties as the cornea, so looking out through lens + tears + warped cornea is much the same as looking out through a normal cornea.

This doesn't address other eye issues like near-sightedness and far-sightedness, just the optical properties of the cornea.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 am
With all of this, I am distinctly NOT looking forward to my incoming Mars & Neptune themed Demi-SLR (I should be feeling it by today).
Surprisingly, this was not cumulative and was barely noticed. It's a potent chart with close angularities and aspects, but one of the biggest duds I remember in a while. Nothing else has been occurring that isn't readily explained by the full lunar.
t Mars sq. MC -0°28'
t Moon on Dsc -1°13'

t Neptune on Asc +3°08'
r Moon on Asc +7°16'
r Pluto on Dsc +8°41'

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
SLR 7/10/20

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 am

My next SLR occurs Friday, July 10, 2020 at 6:00 AM, when I will surely be at my home. Though Saturn (partile opposite my Jupiter-Uranus) is what catches attention first, transiting Sun and Jupiter are the most angular planets. (However, I tend to be financially pessimistic given the combination of Saturn to Jupiter-Uranus + Jupiter-Pluto.) As usual, there are interesting mundane aspects that might not have been suspected without careful calculation (such as Saturn closely square natal Sun). - It's a lot of mixed stuff tumbling all over each other, so probably some eventual mix of "there's tough, 'hard times' stuff but protections and helps and, meanwhile, just keep integrity up."

r Neptune on IC -4°51'
r Mars sq. MC -1°38'
t Pluto sq. MC -1°34'
t Jupiter sq. MC -0°31'
----------------------------
t Sun on EP +0°18'
t Saturn on Dsc +3°00'

r Jupiter on Asc +3°43'
r Uranus on Asc +4°09'
r Sun on IC +5°01'

t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°07'
r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°17'
t Jupiter-Pluto conj. 0°40' in mundo
t Saturn op. r Jupiter 0°43' in mundo
r Sun-Uranus sq. 0°52' in mundo

t Saturn op. r Uranus 1°03'
t Jupiter conj. r Mars 1°07'
t Sun sq. r Sun 1°17'
r Sun-Jupiter sq. 1°18' in mundo
r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
t Saturn sq. r Sun 2°01' in mundo
r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°16'
r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
t Pluto sq. r Neptune 2°30'
-----------------------------
t Jupiter sq. r Neptune 3°32'
t Sun-Jupiter op. 3°39' in mundo
t Saturn sq. r Neptune 3°02'
t Sun-Pluto op. 4°19' in mundo
r Mars-Uranus op. 4°25'
r Sun-Mars sq. 4°33' in mundo
r Mars-Jupiter op. 4°41'
r Pluto op. r Uranus 4°29'
t Pluto op. r Jupiter 4°46'

Other partile
t Uranus op. r Mercury 0°13'
t Uranus op. r Saturn 0°40'

Stripping out the wider things, we get (in addition to the non-foreground partiles) we get the fllowing. It seems to boil down to Jupiter-Pluto conj. on my Mars, Saturn op. my Jupiter-Uranus (and all three square Sun somewhat wider). The Jupiter factors are mostly stronger than the Saturn factors, at least by a hair.

r Mars sq. MC -1°38'
t Pluto sq. MC -1°34'
t Jupiter sq. MC -0°31'
----------------------------
t Sun on EP +0°18'
t Saturn on Dsc +3°00'

t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°07'
r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°17'
t Jupiter-Pluto conj. 0°40' in mundo
t Saturn op. r Jupiter 0°43' in mundo
r Sun-Uranus sq. 0°52' in mundo

t Saturn op. r Uranus 1°03'