Another Terrible Traffic Accident

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Another Terrible Traffic Accident

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Event happened today at 3:14 PM

My return for the 29th does not look great. With Neptune being almost partile the Zenith and Mercury being almost partile the Asc. Both Me/Ne are in a 2-degree square. I was on my way home from getting my mother some medication when I slowed down for a black charger in front of me to turn into Whataburger. Unbeknownst to me, there was an older model Taurus coming about 60-70 miles behind me in a 35-mile speed zone. I'm fine, but my bumper got crushed and his grandmother's car got totaled.

This was not the worst part, I turn into the parking lot, and even though it was his fault, he tried to claim it was my fault. He got out of his car, and was yelling several expletives at me and wanted to literally fight me. I called 9-1-1, and he tried to lie about me being on the telephone. The guy's father arrived (because typical millennial-- no offense). Then the father tries to blame things on me with the cops there, and the police explained what happened. The father said something to the effect of "I don't have enough money to fix your grandmother's car" and the driver went crazy again trying to fight his father. Naturally, the father puts his adult child into his another car and claims that his child has several mental disorders, and the police let them leave. They took down their insurance information, but the police did not give it to me. They claimed that I have to wait for the police report to be done, so I am going to the police station on Monday to raise hell about this. The man was ticketed with negligent collision and failing to maintain speed, but he should have been arrested after his outbursts.
Mars was also transiting natal Saturn.

I think the Mercury/ Neptune may have been symbolic of a great shock, I barely came down off the adrenaline high a few minutes ago.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Another Terrible Traffic Accident

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 pm

Oh, Venus. I'm so sorry. Call your insurance agent tomorrow if you haven't already called. Explain what the police said and let your agent handle getting the report from them if that's possible.

Sounds like you're in for some scuffle and confusion the next couple of weeks. If the young man is in such bad mental shape he shouldn't be held responsible, then he shouldn't be allowed to drive either. Say that out loud, and in court if necessary.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:48 am

Venus wrote:
The man was ticketed with negligent collision...
Be sure and get a copy of this ticket when you see the police, then send this ticket to your Insurance people. As JSAD said, always file accidents to your Insurance Co. as soon as possible.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:54 am

Venus, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You don't mention injures so I hope you're OK on that score at least. I had a similar experience in the 1980's (though not so violently confrontational) where the other driver, who was obviously at fault, lied to the cops and put the blame on me. He fought tooth-and-nail, but eventually gave up rather than lie in open court--though a fair number of people are willing, I just pray the other driver and/or his father are not. Be willing to pursue this aggressively if need be, the the side may well do so. If your insurance company can't resolve this quickly, consider consulting a lawyer. Do rely solely on the lawyer provided by your insurance company if it comes to that: said lawyer has the insurance company's interest at heart, not yours if there is any conflict between the two.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 am

I'm glad neither you nor your car is badly hurt. These can be real emotional impact events, though.

And yes, as you hint, I think that's the biggest thing the Mercury-Neptune has to say: This extreme emotional volatility and sense of vulnerability. In simpler terms, it's also just "crazy-making events with a car." Read Bradley's paragraph on Mercury-Neptune in Solar and Lunar Returns and you will see several other themes characteristic of the event, including the attempts to misrepresent facts and cheat you.

That leads to my best practical advice from this chart: Don't trust anyone will keep their word, tell the truth, or get things done. Mercury-Neptune can also be the crazy-making part of paperwork, so follow JSAD's advice to try to hand it off to the insurance company (but maybe double-check it yourself).

The accident part also shows well in the SLR, since your natal Mars-Uranus conjunction is closely setting, and your Mercury is on IC. Transiting Mercury-Neptune to natal Mars-Uranus + Mercury is pretty perfect for the event! Astrology had a better day than you did.

r Mercury on IC -3°47'
t Mercury on Dsc -2°50'
t Neptune sq. Asc +1°09'
r Uranus on Dsc +2°19'
r Mars on Dsc +3°15'
Ecliptically, Neptune squares your Mars (0°45') and Uranus (1°32'), and Mercury conjoins them within 3-4°. Mundanely we add a square between natal and transiting Mercury (0°57'), and the other aspects are a bit wider. - And of course it all ties into you more personally because it involves your Sun: Mercury squares your Sun exactly, Neptune is just a little more than 1° away.

For the future, usual good advice is that you not rely on information that the police gather. The people in the accident (you and the other drivers) should, themselves, exchange names and insurance information on the spot. If you carry a cell phone, take pictures of the cars on the spot, including license plates and anything else that describes the situation.

December 29, 2-17, 3:14 PM, Kingsville, Tx
Yes, Mars conjoined your Saturn 0°26'. That's the zinger for the day. But transiting Jupiter was also within a degree of square your MC, which I think marks your coming out of this OK, apparently unhurt and with minimum property damage.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you to everyone for their concern.
Yes, thankfully, both my cousin and I took photographs of the damage.
The odd thing was that Jupiter was square my MC, but the lunar nodes were also square transiting Jupiter and conjunct my natal MC/IC. In fact, the transiting angles replicated my natal chart. I called 9-1-1 at exactly 3:14 pm, so going back even 4 minutes earlier puts the transiting angles in exactitude with my natal angles.