Outstanding SLR?

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: Outstanding SLR?

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Sotonye wrote:
This is rough, but also very accurate. I was hoping the other positive chart symbolism would balance all of this out but it definitely hasn't!
Also, it should be noted, even more so now with hindsight, SLR Mars 1,07 cnj your foreground natal Saturn. Jim teaches our tight foreground natal planets clues us in on how we will "react" to the influences in the return chart itself, and we can now obviously see a clear Mars-Saturn reaction. But with your partile 180 Moon-Jupiter on the horizon of your natal, whenever you have a SLR Moon on a SLR angles as in this 'outstanding incident' SLR, you will always carry that protected Jupiter symbolism with you and your angular Moon SLR'S. Let's look for improvement in your immediate environment, once you clear this current SLR.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

As a reminder, here is the full breakdown of your SLR.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:34 am
t Moon on Dsc +0°44' (r Moon +0°33')
r Jupiter on Asc -1°17'
t Neptune sq. Asc -1°28'
t Jupiter on Asc +3°12'
t Mercury on Asc +3°51'
t Mars on IC +3°55'
r Saturn on IC +4°26'
t Sun on EP -2°28'

t Mercury-Mars sq. 0°05' in mundo
t Mercury-Jupiter conj. 0°10'
t Neptune sq. r Moon 0°10'
t Neptune sq. r Jupiter 0°21'
t Mars conj. r Saturn 0°31' in mundo
t Mercury sq. r Saturn 0°31' in mundo
t Mars-Jupiter sq. 0°43' in mundo
r Moon-Jupiter op. 0°44' in mund
t Jupiter sq. r Saturn 1°14' in mundo
t Jupiter op. r Moon 2°39' in mundo
t Moon-Mercury op. 3°07' in mundo
---------------------------------------------------
t Moon-Mars sq. 3°11' in mundo
r Jupiter-Saturn sq. 3°53' in mundo
r Moon-Saturn sq. 3°53' in mundo
t Jupiter-Neptune sq. 4°21'
t Jupiter conj. r Jupiter 4°29' in mundo
t Mercury-Neptune sq. 4°32'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:58 am
You knew from early on that this wouldn't be the kindest of SLRs. At the same time, I don't thin you can lay everything on that. A lot of stuff is hitting simultaneously and (for example) the Mars progression to your natal Mercury-Pluto is exactly descriptive of cognitive or neurological afflictions and a lot of the secondary phenomena you describe. Having this at the same time Neptune transits exactly square your Moon is quite consistent with debilitating conditions, especially of the sort your described.
I knew there'd be some rough points in this SLR but had hoped that the Mercury-Jupiter presence would save me a bit, and things did seem good for a few weeks, there was a subtlety of mind that I hadn't experienced for years present during that time, and I made great progress on a deeply challenging short story then as well. But I suppose I underestimated the Malefic symbolism
Take Neptune square your Jupiter as "deflated hopes, unreasonable optimism," etc. Also be aware that Jupiter-Neptune combinations are traditionally "false diagnosis." I'm dealing with one of those myself - important test results due Friday when I have a splendidly upbeat SLR with Venus joining Jupiter-Neptune. My one concern in the whole matter is that I'll get really good news that later turns out to be wrong. I'm not going to worry about it too much, though - I'll take the good news from one of the best doctors at what is probably the best hospital in the world, and deal with any "oops" moments later if they show up.
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a Jupiter-Neptune experience as well, but I am happy that you have the best doctor, and since you seem confident I feel confident that everything will be alright, I feel that things are under control. Also the addition of Venus in your case might cause the whole thing to run out better than expected
You'll also have Saturn transiting square your Venus right now. This is likely the "heart-sick" feeling you are reporting with your disappointment.
I was hoping that the simultaneous opposition of Jupiter to my Moon and conjunction with natal Jupiter would attenuate the effects of Saturn, but all I've really felt is Saturn. I think the symbolism here characterizes what I'm feeling perfectly, my joy has taken a hit. I'm suspicious that Malefic transits are more easily felt that anything else, and it would make sense at least evolutionarily, since we've evolved to have a negativity bias. I hope the Jupiter symbolism presents itself soon though, I need it
Overall, the good news I can give you is that all of this is happening like clockwork - it's not mysterious, not out of synch with the most obvious chart factors. That means that it will play out its course in a predictable time frame as part of the general unfolding of your life. Being aligned with the universe is a good thing!
Yes I agree with you here, there has never been a time when chart symbolism did not correspond with events and that's useful

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 pm

SteveS wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:11 pm
Also, it should be noted, even more so now with hindsight, SLR Mars 1,07 cnj your foreground natal Saturn. Jim teaches our tight foreground natal planets clues us in on how we will "react" to the influences in the return chart itself, and we can now obviously see a clear Mars-Saturn reaction. But with your partile 180 Moon-Jupiter on the horizon of your natal, whenever you have a SLR Moon on a SLR angles as in this 'outstanding incident' SLR, you will always carry that protected Jupiter symbolism with you and your angular Moon SLR'S. Let's look for improvement in your immediate environment, once you clear this current SLR.
This is the best example I possibly could have had of how Natal planets factor into returns, I'm surprised at how potent this turned out to be, I wasn't expecting much here and that was wrong. And as with Jupiter transit I'm currently experiencing right now, I haven't really felt the Moon-Jupiter presence in this return unfortunately, I think the symbolism has been eclipsed

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:08 pm

My next SLR looks worse with both transiting Saturn and Mars in the foreground and squaring one another. Without any benefic influences im not sure how I'll survive that one

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm

My next SLR looks worse with both transiting Saturn and Mars in the foreground and squaring one another. Without any benefic influences im not sure how I'll survive that one
:o yes, I did not look at your next SLR, and a double whammy of Mars-Venus, keep us informed and you will survive. Excellent SLR examples sotonye, unfortunately some harsh symbolism.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:51 pm

One planet doesn't cancel another. Rather, symbolusm of both needs expression.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Here's another way to find the primary "voice" of the SLR: Below, I list all foreground aspects, cutting them off at 3° to prioritize the strongest factors over smaller details. They are more or less listed strongest-to-weakest, but emphasizing natural groupings. Read them from top to bottom, building your case as you go, i.e., draw your first impression from the first aspect, then add the whole first group and make it fit within that first impression, and so on. This kind of orderly approach helps us keep a sense of priority, of what factors are strongest and, therefore, shape the main narrative.

t Mercury-Mars sq. 0°05'
t Mercury-Jupiter conj. 0°10'
t Mars-Jupiter sq. 0°43'

r Moon-Jupiter op. 0°44'

t Neptune sq. r Moon 0°10', r Jupiter 0°21'
t Mars conj. r Saturn 0°31'
-- t Mercury sq. r Saturn 0°31' (r Moon 3°07')
t Jupiter sq. r Saturn 1°14', op. r Moon 2°39'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:40 pm

sotonye wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:31 pm
...in this SLR ...things did seem good for a few weeks, there was a subtlety of mind that I hadn't experienced for years present during that time, and I made great progress on a deeply challenging short story then as well.
What does "for a few week" mean? Does it, perhaps, mean for two weeks? Because we then have to consider your January 3 Demi-SLR, which would have been felt by the wee hours of January 2.

Its strongest features are"
1. t Venus conj. r Pluto (partile) very close to Asc
2. r Mars sq. Asc (near-partile)

Here is the full breakdown:

r Mars sq. Asc +1°06'
r Pluto on Asc -2°06'
t Venus on Asc -2°23'
-- t Pluto conj. r Pluto 0°17' in mundo
r Mercury on Dsc -9°01'

t Moon-Jupiter conj. 0°06' in mundo
t Moon-Neptune sq. 0°24'

Background influences
r Neptune sq. r Jupiter 0°07'
t Neptune sq. r Moon 0°24'
t Sun sq. r Venus 0°11'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:59 pm

SteveS wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm
:o yes, I did not look at your next SLR, and a double whammy of Mars-Venus, keep us informed and you will survive. Excellent SLR examples sotonye, unfortunately some harsh symbolism.
Will keep you informed, and hopefully I will survive lol

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I survived I guess. Fasted for around 18 days to get back to feeling like myself. These last two SLRs were brutal and the consecutive transits by Saturn did not help one bit. I really hate that planet, I would like him to leave me alone

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:18 am

:) I understand completely Sotonye. Good to see you back and surviving.

sotonye
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:18 am
:) I understand completely Sotonye. Good to see you back and surviving.
Haha thank you Steve, good to be back