Concerning upcoming SLR while traveling

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Stef
Planet Member
Planet Member
Concerning upcoming SLR while traveling

Post by Stef » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:45 pm

I've spent some time trying to interpret my husband's SLR for 2/20/2020 and decided I'd post it to the forum to see what the consensus is.

His birth data:
April 4, 1990 8:23am (I'm not 100% sure on the time)
Livingston, NJ

SLR:
February 20, 2020
Morristown, NJ

t. Pluto 0* on MC
r. Saturn 2* from MC
t. Saturn 7* from MC
r. Mercury
t. Uranus
t/r. Moon

My concern is that this also coincides with our trip to Puerto Rico for a wedding. We've had some odd troubles as it is dealing with travel arrangements (getting PTO approved, may have to reschedule our flights, etc. - for context, I am a travel pro and have NEVER had to cancel or reschedule a flight) and with the recent earthquakes in the area, I almost feel like we should just cancel the trip. We thought about cancelling it even before I saw his lunar, but he's in the wedding, and we really want to attend.

My demi-SLR starts on 2/29/2020 (the day of the wedding) and has:
r Venus 2* from Asc
r Pluto 3* from MC
t Moon 5* from IC
t Saturn 8* from Asc

I ultimately can't decide if this is life-threatening, or life-transformative. Would appreciate any input from the community and thank you dearly.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Concerning upcoming SLR while traveling

Post by Veronica » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:26 am

You have the opportunity to leave NJ in winter and go to PR for a wedding? That sounds Absolutely Fabulous.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:56 am

Stef wrote:
I ultimately can't decide if this is life-threatening, or life-transformative. Would appreciate any input from the community and thank you dearly.
Stef, since you are the travel pro and we know we have an accurate birth time for you, I will quickly read your stack of charts. I definitely don't see any life-threatening aspects! I see multiple angular Venus hits with your stack of charts, which seems appropriate for a wedding and with a trip with the husband :) . You will receive a partile t. Mercury 90 to your Natal Mars and t. Uranus partile 150 to your Natal Mars on this trip. Since Mercury has a lot to do with travel, I would read these partile Mercury-Uranus transits to Natal Mars as possible nerve irritation, which in today's world with travel plans is usually normal.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:24 am

Stef wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:45 pm
I've spent some time trying to interpret my husband's SLR for 2/20/2020 and decided I'd post it to the forum to see what the consensus is.

His birth data:
April 4, 1990 8:23am (I'm not 100% sure on the time)
Livingston, NJ

SLR:
February 20, 2020
Morristown, NJ

t. Pluto 0* on MC
r. Saturn 2* from MC
t. Saturn 7* from MC
r. Mercury
t. Uranus
t/r. Moon
I'm confused. Do you mean the SLR covering February 20? I ask because there is no SLR on that date. Your husband's Moon is 15°31' Cancer and Moon is in early Capricorn on 2/20, a day before the Demi-SLR.

If you mean the SLR covering February 20, I get a chart with angles 10° than you give. The return occurs February 8, 2020, 11:08:25 am EST which, for Morristown, has MC 8°45' Capricorn, 10° from Pluto and 8° from Saturn. The most angular planet is transiting Uranus, 0°46' from square MC (and about the same distance from square his natal MC).

It took some fiddling, but I think I know what happened: You calculated a Tropical Lunar Return, which occurs February 8 at 10:28:12 AM EST and indeed has Pluto 0°22' on one side of MC and Saturn 2°01' on the other side.

The good news is that this is not a valid chart :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Stef
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Stef » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 am

Well firstly, I realized I meant DEMI lunar, not SLR. And I'm running this on Mike's experimental astrological software that's still in beta mode, but we did some testing a few weeks ago comparing it to Solar Fire and everything looked correct...

So perhaps there is something wrong with the software and the demi isn't correct? For the demi, I have February 20, 2020 at 9:40am, Morristown, NJ with t. Pluto exact on MC, r. Saturn 2* from MC along with r. Mercury, t. Uranus, t. Saturn, and double Moon widely foreground.

I also have his SLR as occurring on February 7 with t. Mercury on MC and r. Jupiter on Asc. So perhaps we need to revisit the software haha. Apologies for freaking out, I wrote the original post while on some new medicine that badly affected my anxiety and I'm much more stable now.

Stef
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Stef » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:31 am

Veronica wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:26 am
You have the opportunity to leave NJ in winter and go to PR for a wedding? That sounds Absolutely Fabulous.
Thanks, Veronica. I do hope it ends up being a good trip. There have been some frustrating travel changes that cost us money we didn't expect to spend, it will be pretty exhausting, and there will probably be some family drama. But we are hoping for the best.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:59 am

Stef wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 am
So perhaps there is something wrong with the software and the demi isn't correct? For the demi, I have February 20, 2020 at 9:40am, Morristown, NJ with t. Pluto exact on MC, r. Saturn 2* from MC along with r. Mercury, t. Uranus, t. Saturn, and double Moon widely foreground.
If your husband was born April 4, 1990, 8:23 AM EDT, his Sidereal Demi-Lunar Return occurs February 21, 2020, 11:12:12 AM EST. His Tropical Demi-Lunar will occur February 21, 10:24:08 AM EST. Both of these are more than a day from the time you calculated.

At age not-quite-30, 0°25' of precession has accrued since his birth. Moon moves about half a degree an hour so, on average, his Sidereal and Tropical lunar returns will be separated by not quite an hour.
I also have his SLR as occurring on February 7 with t. Mercury on MC and r. Jupiter on Asc.
For the provided birth data, his Sidereal Lunar Return occurred February 8, 2020, 12:08:25 PM EDT with transiting Mercury more than a sign east of Midheaven. His Tropical Lunar Return occurred February 8, 2020, 10:28:12 AM, with transiting Mercury even farther from MC (Saturn and Pluto straddle Midheaven).

For the Demi-SLR time you provided (2/20, 9:40 AM), Moon was at 2°23' Capricorn, while your husband's natal Moon is 15°31' Cancer. If you merely transcribed the date wrong and it was really 2/21, this still gives Moon only at 14°44', nearly a degree from the desired position.
So perhaps we need to revisit the software haha.
Yes, please discuss this with Mike. It would seem that either the software or the data input is the cause of the confusion.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Stef
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Stef » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:51 pm

So after some review, I'm embarrassed to admit I had the wrong birth date in the original post. It is April 3, 1990. Everything else is the same.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Stef wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:51 pm
So after some review, I'm embarrassed to admit I had the wrong birth date in the original post. It is April 3, 1990. Everything else is the same.
Well, golly, that makes all the difference in the world. (Including removing his Moon from close square to your Moon and making him a Moon-Mercury-Saturn person instead of a Moon-Sun person.)

Yes, I regret to say his upcoming Demi-SLR truly sucks (though it's within a full SLR that is quite good).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Stef
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Stef » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Well I think I figured out what all this was about. Of course, my anxiety got the better of me originally. The outcome turned out to be not what I expected, but actually an overall positive thing, if you can call it that I suppose.

I connected the dots when looking at my husband's Pluto transit to natal Saturn which entered orb on February 18. I recalled his Pluto transit to solar Saturn that occurred last year during our wedding, and I think this, along with his demi, manifested in increasing distance from his father. He has had a troubled relationship with his father for some time and finally started to take personal steps to distance himself last year. His father and stepmother attended the wedding - but we haven't really spoken to them in months. We primarily ignored them until my own demi-lunar hit around 5pm on February 29 (during the wedding) - with r. Venus 2* from Asc, Pluto 3* on MC, and wider transiting Moon and Saturn present. I had a confrontation with his stepmother in which I was quite candid about our disinterest in having a relationship with them. My husband didn't speak to them at all - and we had a blast at the wedding. So it was a very distancing, separating experience for us - but in return I think we have gained a healthier life, at least for now.

I don't know if this interpretation fits, but it's what I'm considering at the moment.