Pluto, Pluto, and Sun

General Discussion on Transit & Progression matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Pluto, Pluto, and Sun

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:31 am

So yesterday was an interesting day. It was the day my boss left for a 6-month assignment in UK, and I have ended up as the unofficial/de facto day-to-day team leader.

Then, in the evening, I had a discussion with bandmates, one of whom created a conflict for our next four rehearsals. We are prepping for an important show, and this is a major setback. The bandmate didn't talk to the group prior to creating the conflict, was defensive about it, and this sort of behavior is a pattern. I'm very close to quitting the group.

When I look at transits: Transiting Pluto square Natal Pluto and Transiting Sun square Natal Pluto.

(Birth Data: October 8, 1980 12:00 Noon, San Diego, CA. Current Location: Portland, OR)

The Pluto-to-Pluto transit is (naturally) a slower one, lasting mostly in March and April. It coincides with my move into a new place (a place that is more affordable and offers more privacy) on April 6. The Sun-to-Pluto transit is quicker, lasting a couple days.

I see in this me being confrontational, forcing important discussions, and stark reevaluation of

So my questions are: (1) is my calculation and interpretation of aspects sound? and (2) how does one work best with Pluto energy? My instinct is to respect what it says, and let go of the things that aren't really working for me. (3) how do you all track your transits? Do you organize by planet, with dates that it will hit your natal planets?

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: Pluto, Pluto, and Sun

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:32 am

I pull out my transits out of Ephemeris, at some point at the beginning of each calendar year, making a list of all outer dynamic transits to natal, sec. progressions and the SSR for the period. Looking only for inside orb 1*, and entering it on the list like this:
t Pl sesqui-sq r Mo 1/12/18 - 3/15/20 (this is an example)
t Ur conj r Sun 4/15/18 - 8/22/18
And for each transit, I list both the whole length of it - from first time of entering orb 1*, till the final leaving out of orb - and the periods of exact passes.

When I list them all, then the next step is to make a time-line preview, which shows how the transits overlap during time. Basically, I take a big piece of paper, and draw a calendar-like grid on it, and then use this to mark the periods of exact pass of each transit.
The final touch is coloring this. I like to do this, since then I have a rather quick preview of the general tone of the period, for any particular time-segment.
The coloring: for each transit I use two colors, one representing the transiting planet, and other the natal/s.p./SSR factor that is being touched by the transiting planet. So, for example, if t Neptune is going to r Venus, I would color this line with greenish-blue (very light, turquoise-ish) atop of grass-green; if it's t Uranus to r Sun, I color it with very light & intense pink (for Uranus - one of the pink tones on ATU XVII ;) ) atop of golden or yellow. Etc.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am

Thus, I get a full preview of what's going on during the whole year, and can easily see when something enters or leaves orb, and what's happening simultaneously & during which time.

The benefit side effect of creating such a time-line manually, and especially the coloring part of it, is that you spend that time meditating on your current and upcoming transiting cycles, and are essentially signaling the unconscious mind that the conscious mind wants to be aligned with these personal cycles. It's a way of connecting the conscious mind with these subtler factors.

On daily basis, I just take a look at a bi-wheel in Solar Fire or on my phone app (Astro Gold, for android):
- inner wheel natal (or sec. prog., or SSR, depending on how much details I need to see for the day),
- outer wheel: current chart here & now (for your place of residence)
Then I go to Chart reports, and there look at the Selected aspects, which shows the aspects of tr to nat inside orb 1* - all tr planets to nat points (planets & angles, or whatever you have selected in your default set).

In this way, I follow the daily stuff (the fast transits).
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 am

What software are you using?
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm

I track transits, PSSRs and SQs on a calendar on my phone, along with appointments and such. I also add highlights of the current lunar. That's why I want a list of dates from Solar Fire. I should look for a calendar app that accepts a list of dates so I don't have to enter them manually. I color code by type of event.

I think your delineations are good for the energies you're seeing. Watch out for irritablity.

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm

That's really helpful information, Danica. Thank you! I would like to do something similar to what you're doing.

I'm using astro.com :oops:

I figured I would pull a sidereal ephemeris from there, make a list of my natal planet placements and aspects to those placements, and then start calculating--starting with the outer planets.

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm
I think your delineations are good for the energies you're seeing. Watch out for irritablity.
Yes, I'm quite irritable. :lol:

It's hard for me to perceive whether I'm being too black-and-white and irritable and escalating a conflict vs. listening to an energy that says now is the time to shake things up and reprioritize my commitments.

But I also know that when I have left similar situations in the past that I found frustrating, I only regret it if I behave rudely--not the actual leaving part. :lol: So I think I have my answer: don't be afraid to change things and leave stuff behind if it's not working--just try to be less of an aff#0!3 in the process.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm

I'm using astro.com :oops:

I figured I would pull a sidereal ephemeris from there, make a list of my natal planet placements and aspects to those placements, and then start calculating--starting with the outer planets.
Sounds like a good plan :)
Make sure to list (know) the zodiac points that are 45* and 135* from your natal planets, too (this in addition to the 90* and 180* , which are easy enough to know), in order not to miss those aspects.
Over time, when this becomes a routine, you'll know by heart the octile and sesqui-square positions to your natal planets.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi Avshalom, what I like to do with my natal transits is to measure potency. Whenever I see any natal transit appearing close/on my return angles, it alerts me to more likelihood for an ‘outstanding incident’. As we see with your next soon to be Demi Portland SLR (4/14), both transiting Pluto and your natal Pluto along with natal Sun appear tight cnj the DSLR angles. So, we definitely see an amplifying effect because we see t PLUTO, n PLUTO, n. Sun close/on the DSLR angles beginning April 14. Bradley from his book Solar and Lunar Returns writes about angular Sun-Pluto cycles:
Hence, Sun-Pluto aspects imply turning points in life, the closing of old cycles and the birth of new. Sun-Pluto is the dramatizer of events.

By your posts it sounds like you are getting ready to 'close an old cycle.' Keep us informed with your final decision.

Your April 14 DSLR (inside wheel) bi-wheeled with your Natal (outside wheel), link below.
https://imgur.com/a/yWFg7

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm

P.S. Av, for the method outlined above, when looking at tr to Angles, only look at 0*, 90* & 180* aspects; the other two dont't apply since Angles are points, not planets, so when we say for ex. square to AC we mean it's on Zenith or Nadir, i.e. it's a simple way of noting the planet is on one of the auxiliary angles.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm
By your posts it sounds like you are getting ready to 'close an old cycle.' Keep us informed with your final decision.
I decided to call a band meeting for last night, and resolved to stay civil, not project blame, and look for win-wins.

Instead of quitting, I suggested we let go of the upcoming gig and focus instead on having our material ready before we accept another gig. One bandmate agreed, the other was hostile to the idea, but eventually we all agreed.

So, a significant change happened that left me feeling much less stressed, but it was less dramatic/traumatic than it could have been.

My takeaways: Pluto can exacerbate black and white thinking, but it is ultimately a planet about transcending duality ("Pluto, are you a planet, or not?" Pluto: "Irrelevant! I'm Pluto"). The lessons about letting go aren't so much a binary let-go-of-this-so-you-can-have-this, but a follow-on to the transcending contradiction bit. Let go of a limiting belief (beliefs are binary), and you can have something else--freedom to be more truly yourself.

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:22 pm

:) Glad things worked to the best for you Av. Excellent example for Pluto and Sun.

Avshalom Binyamin
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue May 29, 2018 10:45 am

So...

I generated an ephemeris for my current location, Portland, Oregon. My natal Pluto is 26'59" Virgo, so here are the dates that transiting Pluto is between 25'59" and 27'59" Sagittarius, with exact squares in bold:
March 18, 2018 – May 29, 2018 (strongest April 19-26, but no exact square)

January 13, 2019 – February 12, 2019 – March 30, 2019

May 22, 2019 – July 11, 2019 – August 25, 2019

November 11, 2019 – December 19, 2019 – January 19, 2020

August 17, 2020 – November 20, 2020
Am I doing that correctly?

If so, it looks like I had the first preview of Pluto-Pluto square and the first overture of my midlife crisis has officially begun.

Here is what has gone down in this round:
1. April 6. Moved into a new place. It's a longer-term arrangement at a lower price. It was a smart decision.

2. April 11. Boss left for 6-month assignment. Work has grown stressful and not sure that I have a long future at the company (or that I even want a long future here).

3. April 11-12. Band conflict.

4. April 24. Performed my first ritual in years. It was an Ease of Circumstances ritual, with the intent of acquiring money by April 30 to pay for tuition to a week-long tango musicians program at Reed College.

5. April 26. Quit the band. Bandmate kept proposing gigs, instead of rehearsing, and I quit. Abruptly. In retrospect, it was a good decision.

6. April 28. Received a check (refund from my previous landlord, unexpectedly early and returned in full)--more than enough to cover the Reed College tuition. Ecstatic.

7. April 30. Had lunch with a friend and coworker. We had talked briefly before about forming a sound production company, starting with voiceover work, and possibly moving on to recording music for tv/movies/games, and other ideas. Lunch was spontaneous, and we were on the same page--we both want to commit energy to the project, and get it going.

6. May 9-26. Got the flu, and it turned into pneumonia. Got on antibiotics, and now I'm feeling a lot better. A side effect of the sickness, was that I spent several weeks sober--(I rarely drink, but have had a light, daily cannabis habit for much of the last few years, with occasional several-week break). It was good to clear my mind. While cannabis has been very helpful in my life, it has of late become more of a habit and a crutch. Have decided to indulge in sobriety for a longer period.

7. May 10-present. Have been practicing tantric energy cultivation (sex with no ejaculation). I feel my creative energies rising, and increasing synchronicity.

8. May 22. Had a strange dream that I was at a stand-up open mic, and kept bombing until I told an embarrassing story from my younger days. Woke up and wrote the story and published it on a blog, and got a lot of positive reactions. A long period of writer's block felt released, and I wrote another article the next day, and have been productively generating ideas since.

9. May 23. Had a second meeting with my friend to develop our sound production company idea. Both of us enthusiastic. Came up with a game plan. Had a vision for a name and a logo.

10. May 26. Received a phone call from a friend and artist who is going to be an artist-in-residence at a prestigious school for a year starting September. She is proposing a monthly short documentary film series about various local artists, and asked me to be the voiceover narrater. I said yes.

11. May 27. Went to a party in the evening, and felt a lot of social anxiety about being a "single" in a crowd of couples (my girlfriend is an exotic dancer, so works a lot on the weekends). Began to have some kundalini symptoms--third eye activation, head rushes, pressure in the head, vivid colors. Chalked it up to tantra work and approaching full moon.

12. May 28. Had my first fight with my girlfriend. We've been dating for six months, and it has mostly been lovely. However, in the last few weeks we each got sick, and have had life pressures, and intimacy has become a little ho-hum. Monday morning we had plans to drive out to the coast, but she flaked and didn't text me until the afternoon to say hat she was on her way to my place.

Until yesterday, I have mostly been very secure and content in the relationship. But yesterday when she texted I suddenly felt very insecure and weepy. We spend the afternoon and evening together. It felt like the honeymoon phase was over; that I was being clingy and heavy and asking for more intense and deeper connection, while she was asking for something lighter and more fun and less pressure while she deals with her other life priorities.

It didn't feel good, and I'm not sure how it will turn out. I understand that all relationships have a natural ebb and flow between autonomy/space and connection/merging, and that in not being aware of the subtle flow this time I might have messed up the rhythm. I'm going to give each of us space to think about it, and see if the desire rekindles, or if our relationship has run it's course.
So that's what has happened so far.

Today feels like the beginning of calm after a storm, when one steps out from one's basement to survey the damage.

I am very open to any life advice anyone has to give me, from both an astrological and personal perspective.