Progressed Moon conjunct progressed Venus

General Discussion on Progression or Direction matters for which a specific forum does not exist
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Progressed Moon conjunct progressed Venus

Post by sotonye » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm

I have this progression coming up at the end of this month and I’m not sure what to expect. How do we interpret progressions? Do we read them as regular transits that just last longer?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Progressed Moon conjunct progressed Venus

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 am

Sotonye wrote and asked:
I have this progression coming up at the end of this month and I’m not sure what to expect. How do we interpret progressions? Do we read them as regular transits that just last longer?
I interpret progressions the same as transits but of course having the potential for being around longer with time. FWIW, I use my progressions to plan benefic days with Natal or Solar Quotidian days or to avoid planning activity on malefic days with partile progressed aspects. But I only plan these progressions when I know I have 'out of the ordinary' daily activity planed at my choice. Do you know how to calculate and see your daily Quotidian Charts with Solar Fire?

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:54 am

SteveS wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 am

I interpret progressions the same as transits but of course having the potential for being around longer with time. FWIW, I use my progressions to plan benefic days with Natal or Solar Quotidian days or to avoid planning activity on malefic days with partile progressed aspects. But I only plan these progressions when I know I have 'out of the ordinary' daily activity planed at my choice. Do you know how to calculate and see your daily Quotidian Charts with Solar Fire?
Hi Steve, thank you for chiming in. I think I know how to calculate my quotidian charts, but I’ve only ever used them to see what planet is hitting a quotidian angle for the day, and it sounds like you use them in a much more nuanced way than that?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:35 am

First, a Sidereal Astrology axiom: the four Moons; natal moon, natal progressed moon, solar return moon, and solar progressed moon are super important with any 0, 90, 180 partile aspect to natal, solar progressed planets. So your Natal Progressed Moon cnj progressed Venus is important no matter where on a chart wheel it is placed. But, if you can clearly identify a Moon-Venus tone happening in your immediate environment, and have the option with a choice to plan a super good day for a strong Moon-Venus tone, you will want to try and plan that day when your progressed Moon conjuncts progressed Venus on a DAY when/if it is partile conjunct one of your NQ2,s angles. Let me check your chart and see if this happens for a day soon.

Yes, on Dec 19 & 20 for Burbank, your p. partile Moon Venus conjunction partile conjuncts your NQ2 IC. Let me offer a hypothetical situation. Suppose I was developing a strong Moon-Venus relationship with a woman and I wanted to make some kind of important proposal in order to deepen our relationship. I would arrange a dinner/date on Friday Dec 20 and make the proposal on that DAY. You see--this would be an out of ordinary day in the context of my ordinary life, and this is when Quotidian Day Charts are felt the most with planetary symbolism---with 'out of ordinary' stuff happening in one's immediate environment. Do you see what I am doing with my life choices with this hypothetical example?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:27 am

An important distinction to remember on progressions is that which Cyril Fagan first articulated in his early 1940s article, The Incidents & Accidents of Astrology. Both incident and accident come from a root meaning "to befall" or "happening," but they have different prefixes.

Transits (including solar and lunar returns, which are transit charts) represent accidents, meaning things that happen in and arise out of interaction with the world around us. The prefix ac- means "toward," so the word alerts us that this is something coming toward us.

Progressions represent incidents, or things which arise from within us as a natural unfolding of what's already there, not requiring any interaction with the environment. The prefix in- means "in" or "indwelling," as in inherent and alerts us that the astrological expression is of something indwelling or inherent, not something coming toward us.

Young Donald Bradley, who was quite familiar with Fagan's article, put a slightly different twist on this a few years later in his book Solar & Lunar Returns. He referred to progressions as signifying "acts of self" (the same way he characterized Sun aspects in return charts) and transits as "things happening to you" (the same way he characterized Moon aspects in return charts). This is somewhat consistent with Fagan's spin but not quite the same: It does show progression effects as coming from within us (a valid understanding of incidents) and transit effects as coming from without us (a valid understanding of accidents). I think it falls a bit short because it is narrow: Progressions don't always have a characteristic of an "act of self" moving out into the world, since they can remain entirely internal and, in any cases, don't seem to me to have so affirmative a quality as this language conveys. Similarly, this language entirely expresses transits as external and "happening to" one," whereas we might be the instigator of the world's reaction. Nonetheless, I thought I should mention Bradley's paraphrase spin on the same idea. (I don't offhand remember him repeating this angle on things in any later writings.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:52 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:35 am
First, a Sidereal Astrology axiom: the four Moons; natal moon, natal progressed moon, solar return moon, and solar progressed moon are super important with any 0, 90, 180 partile aspect to natal, solar progressed planets.
Excellent Steve thank you, saving this in my notes
So your Natal Progressed Moon cnj progressed Venus is important no matter where on a chart wheel it is placed. But, if you can clearly identify a Moon-Venus tone happening in your immediate environment, and have the option with a choice to plan a super good day for a strong Moon-Venus tone, you will want to try and plan that day when your progressed Moon conjuncts progressed Venus on a DAY when/if it is partile conjunct one of your NQ2,s angles. Let me check your chart and see if this happens for a day soon.
This sounds like a little life hack, I mean I’ve only really seen transits as things that happen to me, not occasions where I make a thing happen (besides the 2 times I tried to gamble unsuccessfully), it would be good to see them as doors that open for a time

Yes, on Dec 19 & 20 for Burbank, your p. partile Moon Venus conjunction partile conjuncts your NQ2 IC. Let me offer a hypothetical situation. Suppose I was developing a strong Moon-Venus relationship with a woman and I wanted to make some kind of important proposal in order to deepen our relationship. I would arrange a dinner/date on Friday Dec 20 and make the proposal on that DAY. You see--this would be an out of ordinary day in the context of my ordinary life, and this is when Quotidian Day Charts are felt the most with planetary symbolism---with 'out of ordinary' stuff happening in one's immediate environment. Do you see what I am doing with my life choices with this hypothetical example?
Yes I see Steve thank you, what’s really good is that it seems my life at the moment is arranging itself for something similar to what’s being described here and I feel so excited about it! There is a girl I’d like to deepen my relationship with and I have been going slow, but we are getting to a point where intentions need to be made more explicit, and ill use this progression to do just that

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:53 am

Sotonye wrote:
...what’s really good is that it seems my life at the moment is arranging itself for something similar to what’s being described here and I feel so excited about it! There is a girl I’d like to deepen my relationship with and I have been going slow, but we are getting to a point where intentions need to be made more explicit, and ill use this progression to do just that.
8-) . You have identified the main astrological theme going on in your life--progressed Moon-Venus. This is what I like most about many of the chart techniques of Sidereal Astrology—it allows you to plan future times for your life which imo allow better choices for time frames to synchronize TIME being on our side for certain objectives. This allows more harmony in our life. If it was not for Cyril Fagan's (father of Sidereal Astrology) work we would not have access to these accurate Sidereal Astrology chart techniques.
What can be (miraculously revealed) calculated in time and space is
the kind of energy available to an individual at a particular time and
space. To know this is to enter into a positive and conscious personal
witness and living of archetypal energy. Kay Cavender