Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Saturday, September 1

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:16 am

Entering the Labor Day weekend, there are three transits exact on Saturday:

t Venus sq. r Mars
t Sun oct. r Mercury
t Mercury oct. PSSR Moon

OUTCOME: An unusually sexy day as Marion and I spend the weekend (actually, the week) celebrating an important anniversary and, sure, plenty of Mercury like most days.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sunday, September 2

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:51 am

No exact transits.

We're hitting the road for wine country today and likely will spend a bit more than we should - Mars is still within a degree of opposition to my Jupiter-Uranus and now within a degree of my solar IC. Pluto is long-term square my solar Mercury. Venus has left orb of square my Mars, but Venus and is within a degree of my solar Asc as Mars conjoins its IC.

OUTCOME: Yes, we spent a bit irresponsibly. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Monday, September 3

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 am

For Monday, Venus conjoins my SSR Ascendant (Denver), Mercury squares my local MC, and Sun semi-squares my Neptune. No particular plans other than to recover from Sunday.

Experimentally, t Mercury conjoins my natal 12th cusp, while Ceres semi-squares natal Ceres.

OUTCOME: Mostly a lazy day. Recovering from yesterday and a very nice dinner paired with a Bordeaux blend from Alexander Valley in Sonoma.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Tuesday, September 4

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:48 pm

A whole lot of stuff today, though some of it is experimental. We have:

t Mercury sq. r Venus, sq. r Pluto
t Sun op. s Neptune, oct. s Uranus
t Venus conj. r Neptune, op. s Uranus, oct. s Neptune
-- These trigger s Uranus op. r Neptune

Experimentally,
t Ceres conj. L 2nd cusp
t Mercury conj. s 11th cusp (Denver)

OUTCOME: Yesterday is bizarrely incomprehensible to me; and while that, alone, sounds pretty much like diving deep into Uranus-Neptune realm, it isn't satisfying at all. Mostly, the only thing from yesterday that seems representative of the primary transits above was something far outside me, in the public realm: The alteration of reality from reading released excerpts of Bob Wodward's new book on the Trump presidency, Fear. That actually may be the key to the day, but it's a strange one.

Mercury to my Venus-Pluto was clear enough but non-dramatic: I called my friend who gave me really bad news about his health last week and arranged the time I'm going to see him at the end of the week. Short call, nothing deep, but sufficiently connecting.

Interestingly, one of the experimental transits is especially clear: That phone call to my friend was one of the most distinctive personal events of the day, and transiting Mercury exactly conjoined my SSR 11th cusp: It's pure, direct, simple text book. This, too, is a little reality altering, because transits to my SSR intermediate house cusps (in my Denver SSR, where it set up not the LA relocation) have been almost uniformly accurate in this simple way.

To double the speculativeness by adding an asteroid AND a house cusp, Ceres' conjunction with my local 2nd cusp has a potential meaning since I had to move a block of "nest egg" money yesterday to make some surprise expenses, then found that it had been consumed overnight in items that hadn't gone through yet - so I moved a matching amount again this morning. I'd expect this as a Mars-Jupiter sort of thing (which is still in orb, but not at its peak) but, as long as I'm keeping notes on maybes, I should mention it in relation to this experimental transit.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Wednesday, September 5

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am

t Sun oct. r Jupiter-Uranus
t Mercury conj. L Asc

Experimental:
t Venus conj. L 3rd cusp

OUTCOME: Not a Jupiter-Uranus day! In fact, today was so Saturnian that I looked twice to see if Moon was already in Leo so my Saturn on MC Demi-SLR had set up (no, that's almost a week away). I mentioned an economic slam this morning? Then Marion called me and we had a leak from the upstairs apartment that threatened the bathroom ceiling (we had to cancel class tonight with workmen in here late). Despite the magnificent and personally gratifying Trump news today I felt absolutely morose and flattened, guilt-ridden for no evident cause, dark.

Finally I got a glimmer of the astrological "why": Today is the Saturn station. At 7°33' Sagittarius it doesn't touch anything in my chart (unless you count the 0°09' and 0°12' aspects in the 10° multiple series to my 27°24' Aquarius Moon and 17°21' Libra Mercury: the energy feels right but I'm not overly eager to go that far).

The station is somewhat persuasive, but why so strong? Well, that has an interesting answer, too: For Los Angeles, it's on the CanQ IC. Now, if I only knew if most of the city is feeling it.

LATER: Evening became a lot better once workmen were gone, we ordered diner and opened an unusually good bottle and decided to celebrate our anniversary on the day (something originally not contemplated because it was a class night).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Thursday, September 6

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 am

t Sun oct. r Jupiter (carrying over Uranus)
t Mercury oct. s Pluto
t Venus sq. r Uranus (in orb of r Jupiter)

Experimental:
t Mars conj. L 6th cusp

Yesterday was a steadying day after Wednesday's slap. Ceiling leak mostly fixed but won't be final until next Wednesday. Work had a few accomplishments, some good news (approval of mid-October vacation time, though now I have to scramble to figure out how to pay for it), otherwise light. Starting to feel run-down at end of the week and have a long day today (Friday).

The cusp transit had no evident meaning.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Friday, September 7

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:50 am

A lot of transits today! They boil down to these:

t Venus sq. r Jupiter (still sq. r Uranus as well)
t Sun oct. r Jupiter
t Mercury oct. r Sun, s Mercury

Experimental:
t Venus conj. r 2nd cusp
t Sun conj. s 12th cusp
(And both are involved in the main transits of the day.)

OUTCOME: An easy-going day, a little hard to assess because it really had nothing stand out. Some small wins, some small grumbles, what I'd call a good day on balance. My ill friend (that I was to visit Friday night and help with some things) called to cancel because he wasn't feeling strong; we'll reschedule to a night early next week. Venus transits were pleasant enough on balance, including how the day ended, Mercury transits were typical of most days (adequately, but not emphatically, for yesterday).

Venus on 2nd cusp was a clear fail. (In fairness, those cusp transits that are most unambiguously fails usually involve an exact transit to a planet concurrently.) Sun to SSR 12th cusp is ambiguous (I'd call it a fail: e.g., I didn't outright "hide out," but ended up staying home instead of going somewhere.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Saturday, September 8

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 am

Transiting Venus squares SSR MC (for Denver, where it set up).

Foreshadowing: Tomorrow is Neptune's exact octile to SSR Jupiter plus a slow Mars crossing my Denver SSR IC. I'm surely feeling both.

Experimentally, Sun's transit to s 12th cusp is actually on today's side of midnight, so I'll look at it for another day.

If the first hour or two of the day are a clue, the cusp transit might be more solid than the very solid Venus transit (but I'll hold judgement until the end of the day). Dreams were unusual and interesting, then turned into 'fails' just because I slept too long (by which I mean it would have been a fine and interesting dream if I'd awakened half an hour sooner). Awoke to belligerence and conflict. - I expect the day to be chores and things I enjoy, so it may shape up as Venus before it's done; we'll see, but Mars being so close to SSR IC is surely being felt. EXPECTATIONS: Marion is out at meetings all day (but not as late as usual, so evening may end nicely as we prepare for a wine professionals meeting she's co-producing tomorrow; laundry and the like; will see how much of my next monthly mundane forecast I can finish, and I'd like to get a month ahead since I'll be on the road much of October; but I'm braced for continuing unhappy news in a couple of areas as tomorrow night's Demi-SLR gets closer, with Saturn partile conjunct MC paran Moon on Descendant.)

OUTCOME: The day mellowed out and Venus had her way (including a kind of laziness, e.g., I put off laundry another day). Definitely the Mars transit was already operating. Unclear whether the cusp transit is valid (i.e., I was basically home alone with Kali all day, but that's hardly decisive).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sunday, September 9

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 am

Long-term peaking today:
t Neptune oct. s Jupiter

Medium-speed, lasting several days and peaking today:
t Mars op. s MC (Denver)

One-day transit:
t Venus conj. s Jupiter

I'm not quite clear what the developing Neptune-Jupiter transit has been. There has been about a week of anxiety about money that has felt far more Saturnian, but that's consistent with this transit. There really hasn't been anything else going on that matches the usual expression of Neptune-Jupiter.

New Demi-SLR comes in tonight with Saturn precisely on MC in close mundane square to a more widely setting Moon.

OUTCOME: Nothing new or obvious about Neptune to Jupiter. Mars continued to be active, as people paying attention today on the forum will see. Venus to Jupiter is unclear. Mostly I just sat and plugged away at things here all day.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Monday, September 10

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 am

t Mercury oct. r Mars
t Mars sq. s Jupiter

This occurs while t Neptune is only a day from sqq. s Jupiter and slow-moving t Mars is only a day from exactly crossing s IC, so this would seem to be a very strong and unwelcome transit of Mars and Neptune together to SSR Jupiter on an angle, while under a new Demi-SLR with Saturn minutes from MC.

OUTCOME: It was a busy, productive day with a lot accomplished. Nothing unusual happened otherwise. This is a fine, undramatic expression of all the aspects maturing today.

I've been thinking about that Neptune transit to s Jupiter. One of its most distinctive behaviors is someone feeling lonely, left out of things, excluded. Marion has been gone a great deal over the last week or two, which is unlike our normal pattern - usually most evenings are our own. I've been feeling a bit pinched out (just a pinch). At least, that's as strong as any other expression of Neptune to Jupiter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Tuesday, September 11

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 pm

No aspects are exact today. Main influences, therefore, are the recently peaked Neptune to SSR Jupiter and Mars to SSR IC, and the current return charts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Wednesday, September 12

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 pm

t Mercury oct. r Neptune, s Uranus
t Mercury op. Neptune, oct. r Uranus

OUTCOME: Hard to assess in detail - it just seems to whacked for the day. I suspect the manifestation was primarily through what I thought was an unusually good class last night, finishing off the natal interpretation examples of people's charts in the class. (We have two more classes, but they're on different specialty subjects.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Thursday, September 13

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 pm

t Mercury oct. r Uranus
t Mercury oct. r Jupiter, s Jupiter

Experimental:
t Sun oct. s Ceres
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Friday, September 14

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:18 am

t Sun sq. s Moon, sq. p Sun, ssq. p Moon
t Sun conj. s Mars

Experimental:
t Mercury conj. s 12th cusp

An insanely busy astrological day.

OUTCOME: The Sun to two Moons (and even Sun) marks a meeting early in the day - multi-office conference call in which I was highlighted for about half the meeting. Sun-Mars was probably just the drag of the rest of the day.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Saturday, September 15

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 am

t Sun op. r Moon
t Sun sq. s Saturn
t Venus conj. s Asc (Denver)

OUTCOME: Appropriately mixed day. Very nice morning with Marion, boring afternoon catching up on work, then an unusually social evening. All by the book. (Again, the transit to SSR angles for Denver are quite on target. I need to be sure not to neglect the setup-site transits in the future. They've been excellent all year.)

Sun-Saturn also touched on the possibility of a significant future disappointment, but it's nothing that landed solidly for today. (In suitably Saturnian style, the tradeoff will probably be "spend more money vs. don't do what was planned.")
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sunday, September 16

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:36 pm

One experimental transit: Mercury octile SSR Ceres.

So far, a day of sitting home alone cranking things out on the computer. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Monday, September 17

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 pm

A very long list of exact transits today (leading up the exact p Moon sqq p Sun on Tuesday, obviously long in orb). The transits exact on Monday are:

t Mercury sq. s Moon, s Saturn, p Sun; opp. r Moon; conj. s Mars
-- ssq. p Moon
t Sun conj. s Venus, oct. r Saturn

Experimental:
t Ceres sq. SQ Moon
t Venus sq. s Ceres

OUTCOME: Several things accomplished at work, and then the big event of the day was (1) getting my right contact lens (that I'd been without for most of a month) replaced and (2) paying just under $500 for it :( . O happy day! (O expensive day!) - Venus & Saturn. (Mercury-Mars was the need to answer coolcool this morning.) POSTSCRIPT: The last point climaxed in coolcoolcwr asking to having his account blown away on the forum, and I accommodated.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Tuesday, September 18

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

Today is the exact day of progressed Moon sesqui-square progressed Sun.

A singular transit for today is: t Sun conj. r EP

Experimental: t Sun conj. SSR 12th cusp (for Denver)

OUTCOME: I was increasingly a solar figure in my environment - Moon's progression being the primary build-up, then triggered by Sun's transit of my EP to bring the traits home. I was not isolative in any sense, such as the 12th cusp transit would have suggested (but on their best days these cusp transits haven't shown when the same planet makes another "real" concurrent transit, as it did yesterday.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Wednesday, September 19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:31 am

t Sun sq. r MC
t Mercury conj. r EP, conj. s Venus, oct. r Saturn

Experimental:
t Venus op. Novien Moon
t Mercury conj. SSR 12th cusp (Denver)

OUTCOME: I mostly forget the day, writing this two days later - it was quiet around the office for the holiday and then we had what I thought was a pretty good class on transits at night. Sun transiting natal angles has been obvious at work and elsewhere all week.

Mercury to Venus-Saturn - a layering of a transit atop a solar planet atop a natal planet - was a perfect fit for the next day (things happening Wednesday that I didn't learn about and react to until Thursday): I got an email Thursday that my friend, who has been battling a serious cancer, decided on Wednesday to top treatment and has shifted to hospice care at home.

The transit to Novien Moon would have made more sense Thursday (for a social event last night) and no particular sense Wednesday.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Thursday, September 20

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:08 am

Exact day of t Jupiter oct. SQ Moon.

With it, a whole lot of other transits:
t Sun conj. r Asc, oct. r Mercury
t Venus sq. p Moon, oct. p Sun & s Moon
t Mercury conj. r Asc, oct. r Mercury

OUTCOME: Some notes on Thursday are in the Wednesday post above - mostly, the Wednesday transits (a little wider) were more descriptive of Thursday. I'm unclear what the Jupiter to SQ Moon is, except it's been broadly representative of surrounding circumstances (more so than not), and last night did climax in a collegial wine event. The others... Mercury transits too vague, given my normal day; Venus transits showing the social event quite clearly and a few other things; Sun on angles has been there all week, especially at work.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Friday, September 21

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:57 am

Only a day past Jupiter's transit to SQ Moon, we have these others:

t Venus oct. s Mars, r Moon

Experimentally:
t Mercury oct. r Ceres
t Sun oct. r Ceres
t Mercury conj. Local 2nd cusp

OUTCOME: Friday was all over the map. Things at work were going at double-pace. We got a LOT done, including major steps on an upcoming project (including getting management backing for the way our office wants to do the upcoming firmwide project). There were numerous themes of caretaking that could be the Venus-Moon, although they have a lot of the feel of what's historically attributed to Ceres, e.g.: (1) my friend's decision to stop treatment circulated to the whole office and suddenly everyone was focused on that, and many were caretaking each other's emotions around that; (2) it was the last day for a much-liked, buoyant attorney who is leaving the firm for a very significant new position; (3) I interviewed about a third of the office, those involved in an upcoming equipment upgrade project, to triage their relative needs; (4) we had an unusually large number of visitors to our office who had special needs that had to be met.

All of this, in a "caretaker" sense could be the Venus. Normally, though, a day like this would be driven mostly by Mercury and Mars transits, with Venus providing the "surprisingly stress free" character. Therefore, I can't ignore the Ceres transits as a possible descriptor - both in the historic sense of work & care-taking themes, and in the quasi-Saturn driven pattern I have observed in some days. I wouldn't have anticipated this kind of day from the Venus transits alone, although they described (in several ways) the evening after I got home.

I find no relevance to Mercury's transit to my local 2nd house cusp, which is consistent with observations that - even if some other house cusp transits seem possibly relevant, those to the local natal chart have been consistently worthless. (If I interpreted Mercury to the 2nd roughly as a Mercury-Mars combination, it would be descriptive.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Saturday, September 22

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:24 am

t Venus oct. s Saturn is the only exact transit of the day.

Experimentally, I note that t Sun crosses my local 2nd cusp. I have no expectation of anything from this.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com