Pluto Transiting Natal Saturn

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Pluto Transiting Natal Saturn

Post by By Jove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am

As I type this post, Pluto is currently in 27 Sag 32'19''. My natal Saturn is in 29 Sag 33'27''.
(For any reference, my DOB is Dec 18, 1990, 3:57pm, New York.)

I calculate that Pluto will conjoin my natal Saturn on Jan 12, 2021, lasting from 8:54pm to 9:06pm. What should I expect during this critical period? Will news be good? Will news be bad?

Pluto has been traveling through my Sag stellium, starting from Dec 28, 2006. So this journey will apparently end the beginning of next year. Don't really know what to make of it.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Pluto Transiting Natal Saturn

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 am

The effect of the transit is much longer than that, of course, and you've likely already been feeling it most of this year. Here are some of the thresholds:

Active while within 1°
The periods of Pluto being within 1° of your natal Saturn are Feb 5 to Jul 22, 2020 (exact conjunction on 3/15 and 6/7), Dec 12, 2020 to Feb 12, 2021 (exact 1/12), and Jul 16 to Dec 21, 2021 (exact 9/1 and 11/9). As with all Pluto and Neptune transits, the full pass takes about two years.

From beginning to end
While the above are most of the times it will be strongest, there is a broader expression from the first time Pluto enters a 1° orb until the last time it leaves it. During this time, you and the universe are collaborating in giving full expression to the life-redefining process of Pluto's conjunction with your Saturn. This full period is February 5, 2020 through December 21, 2021.

Foreground in Lunar Returns
Additionally, even if not partile, you will feel and express it any fortnight that the aspect falls near angles of your Sidereal Lunar or Demi-Lunar Return. Intensity of the effect will vary with the closeness of the orb of the transit and the closeness to angles. For example, the aspect itself (if foreground in a lunar return) can be seen as far as 5° out, and quite strongly within 3°. It will also fluctuate with proximity to the angles, e.g., being quite strong within 3°, moderately strong out to 7°, and perceptible out to 10°.

That having been said, I'll post about the meaning...
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 am

Primarily, transiting Pluto aspecting natal Saturn means breaking down old structures and outmoded patterns. Security may seem threatened as stable resources are challenged. It's a chance to restructure the basis of life more dynamically. The time is work-oriented, you're more obstinate; and you would benefit from play and social sharing as a balance to the (often more burdensome and serious) period.

Here's a fancier, more elaborate statement of the same things:
Though generally difficult, this pair is great for concentrated effort. Both its difficult and productive sides result from a tendency to shoulder obligations by oneself, and the breakdown of old, outgrown patterns [breakthrough!]. Security may seem threatened as established, inflexible elements of your life are challenged. Financial strain or other loss is possible, and a sense of invaded territory, if you stubbornly cling to the status quo in the face of your evolution. Outmoded behavior and attitudes can be discarded if you are willing to redesign the basis of your personality. Feelings of isolation vanish if you open yourself to others' experience of life. Give yourself more play time right now - the change will do you and those you love a world of good!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Thank you. This advice is very helpful.

FlorencedeZ.
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 am
Foreground in Lunar Returns
Additionally, even if not partile, you will feel and express it any fortnight that the aspect falls near angles of your Sidereal Lunar or Demi-Lunar Return. Intensity of the effect will vary with the closeness of the orb of the transit and the closeness to angles. For example, the aspect itself (if foreground in a lunar return) can be seen as far as 5° out, and quite strongly within 3°. It will also fluctuate with proximity to the angles, e.g., being quite strong within 3°, moderately strong out to 7°, and perceptible out to 10°.
How would it most likely manifest when it is angular and makes a partile aspect to the ASC in a Lunar Return?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:35 pm

As described above.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:48 am

Yes, these are transits. Is there a difference in meaning when they fall on the angles of a Lunar Return? (transit to transit, not to natal)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 am

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:48 am
Yes, these are transits. Is there a difference in meaning when they fall on the angles of a Lunar Return? (transit to transit, not to natal)
Sorry, I thought you meant transiting Pluto to natal Saturn as above. There are, indeed, differences, sometimes small, sometimes larger, between the four foreground variations of

t A & t B
r A & r B
t A to r B
t B to r A

We're all getting transiting Saturn-Pluto on angles occasionally these days. While the aspect can sound challenging, remember that how close the planets are to the angles makes a big difference in intensity. In this thread https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=206#p1430 I gave a working interpretation of transiting Saturn-Pluto on the angles of a return chart:
Harsh loss, separation, hardship, shock. Feeling irrevocable loss. Shouldering unwanted burdens. Worries anticipate a climax in life. One becomes calloused, bluntly saying exactly one's sentiments. (Falls and concussions, especially if Mars is strong.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com