My daily transits July '18

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
My daily transits July '18

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Other threads today have inspired me to commit to a month of trying to record my daily transits here every day.

I'll mention in advance that some days are just going to be "lots of Mercury stuff today." We all get far more Mercury transits than anything else (though not as many this month, since Mercury is slowing to its station at the end of the month). On those "lots of Mercury stuff" days, I can't really distinguish (much of the time) that they are "working" because almost every day of my life is a super-Mercury day.

My transit sheet has 94 separate items this month - an average of about three per day. Some are more important than others, of course.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sunday, July 1

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Today I have a single transit: Transiting Mercury conjoins progressed Moon.

Unlike a lot of "Mercury days," this one is pretty specific, and typical of Mercury transits to Moon most of my life. Under this influence, it's common for me stay up late without being tired, working away on some clearly mercurial project. It's not technically insomnia, because I'm not trying to sleep. I'm just more interested in what I'm doing, and sleepiness stays away.

Last night I'd started a project of tabulating all angularities, Moon aspects, and foreground non-lunar aspects in all USA Capsolars since 1775. I stayed up a couple of hours after midnight working away at this, then, when I got up this morning, picked it back up again after racing through answering a few items on the forum. I worked through the morning and early afternoon, then M and I headed out to see a movie ("Leave No Trace," which was excellent and appropriately disturbing).

Venus conjunct local Eastpoint was exact (in RA) about 3 AM Monday morning, so was in orb for the last half of Sunday. This coincides with our taking the last half of the day for the movie (one that was quite intense, but sufficiently marked by Venus for Marion to remark that it touched her Taurian soul), and then our usual evening of spending time together with dinner, wine, and watching something (in this case a much more frivolous something).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: My daily transits July '18

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:52 am

Jim wrote:
I'm just more interested in what I'm doing, and sleepiness stays away.
I know what you mean my Sidereal Astrology friend! :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Monday, July 2

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Today's primary transit is Venus conjunct local EP. In the experimental category, (1) transiting Mercury conjoins my solar Ceres and (2) transiting Ceres is octile my solar Pluto.

Venus on EP is clear enough, besides its early (in orb) contact last night. Today was my annual performance review and it went very well. The words and sentients were positive and sincere. (Of course, since this was a Venus event and not a Jupiter event, as usual it didn't translate into significant income difference, about a percent and a half merit raise. It was "feel good" good rather than profit good.)

Additionally, today's a great example of how a transit can set a tone to a day different from what one might otherwise expect. I was awakened at 5 AM by a phone call saying something had gotten scheduled at the last minute and I was needed at the office immediately. I out out the door in 10 minutes, only live 15 minutes away, and walked in the door within half an hour of the call to start an unusually long (12-hour) day (with one team member out) that has been rapid, busy, no gaps, finding the gaps, making it work... Thing is, I find this kind of day exhilarating and much prefer it to a day that is quiet and boring. It registers as fun!

As for the Ceres transits... there hasn't been anything too consistent in these aspects. For the record, I'll note that one popular theory is that Ceres is related to labor and, since all the other themes of the day are work-related, perhaps it ties that in - that somehow transiting Mercury conjunct solar Ceres refers to the piece of paper called "performance review." - Just thinking aloud.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Tuesday, July 3

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Today's transits (other than the experimental ones) are all of the minor sort, though there are several.

Mercury sesqui-squares progressed Sun and semi-squares solar Moon. (Jut after midnight, it semi-squares solar Mars - Moon and Mars are square this year - and that's in orb much of today.) Second, transiting Sun is octile my Venus (sesqui) and Pluto (semi).

The experimental item is transiting Mercury opposite my SLR Mars. (I agreed to watch these for a while.) In this case, it would be hard to tell if that was of any importance since Mercury is simultaneously aspecting my SSR Mars.

Regarding the Mercury transits... it was a typical Mercury day (like most in my life). Lots of busy, lots of handling Mercurial things, and (probably representative of Mercury to Mars, or rather to Moon-Mars) a couple of hours of semi-insane busy-ness (I didn't stop for lunch: I ate my chicken salad a couple of bites at a time as I programmed some new hardware for a partner).

Sun to Venus-Pluto was not as obvious. I did learn this morning that a friend died - I haven't seen in about 20-25 years, though, so, while I took the chance to have a couple of fond memories, I can't say it was an "emotional event" - certainly not in a Venus-Pluto sense. If there was a more obvious "hit" from this, I'm not thinking of it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Wednesday, July 4

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Another day of basically Mercury transits, though ones inclined to at least small disappointments. Transiting Mercury is octile my natal Moon and my SSR Mars and Saturn (they're all in aspect in the SSR). Under experimental items, Ceres transits octile my natal Sun.

The only "that didn't work out the way I planned" was that I forgot today wasn't a weekend (I'm off work today), so my alarm clock went off at 5:30 as usual. After a minute, I realized I was wide awake, so I went ahead and got up and started working at the computer. That's mostly been my day so far.

Marion and I were going to a friend's house (mostly her friend) for the afternoon for the holiday, before heading out of town around sunset. We ended up cancelling (I can't rate this as a disappointment - it made the day a lot easier). I've done miscellaneous tasks to get ready for a meeting this weekend, posted here, posted several Facebook items for the holiday (which led me to reread the U.S. Articles of Confederation for the first time in 50 years) - that sort of thing.

Tonight, when we're sure traffic is calm, we'll drive to north Santa Barbara County and camp in the car overnight near Buellton, then spend tomorrow hitting wineries, coming back very late - she has a very full work day Friday, and I have to stop into my optometrist office on the west side to get a screw replaced that fell from (and got lost) my glasses the other day. Busy busy. Not sure how much I'll be on here tomorrow, therefore, unless I can handle something on my phone.

As usual, it is unclear what Ceres might mean (if anything) unless it is related to the "work" motif.

PS - Were I in LA tomorrow, transiting Sun would conjoin the EP of my new SLR. Since I'll be out of town, it doesn't; but it will now square the SLR MC for where I'll be. I don't expect anything extraordinary (these transits have not impressed me in the past), and it will be hard to assess - we're minor "personalities" when we hit that region, so being the center of attention and well-received would not be unusual. Come to think of it, the only other transit I have tomorrow is also the new SLR (which set up a few hours ago) Mercury transited Mars of the old SLR yesterday, and hits the nearly identical Mars of the new SLR tomorrow. Nothing to the natal chart, SSR, or progressed luminaries.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 am

The word "invariable" is probably overstated, since I had no such shocking event yesterday. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Thursday, July 5

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:11 am

Today I had only two transits to my SLR. One was Sun square its MC (for the area I was staying/travelling; it was also conjunct EP for where the SLR set up) and Mercury opposite SLR Mars.

Nothing happened that would be described by either of these.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Friday, July 6

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:30 am

I'm off work today, but have far more planned than I'd like to have on my docket. We got in late last night, and are moving slowly today. This will be the first of two bad excessive heat days. I'm seeing how much I can get done before things warm up.

The primary transits are:
-- t Mercury sq. r Saturn
-- -- also t Mercury ssq. s Venus
-- t Venus sq. L MC
-- t Venus sq. r Venus (technically after midnight & setting up for natal Venus-Pluto tomorrow)

The experimental transit is Venus conjoining my natal 12th house cusp. If this, perchance, has value, it would be substantially opposite what would be expected from Venus' transit to local MC, so I'll be multiply surprised if anything reminiscent occurs.

More as the day goes on...

LATER (11 AM): The Mercury transit to Saturn is certainly there just as expected (and with the due proportion of being nothing "too big," yet something that is significantly marking the day). A number of small frustrations, delays, tasks that have to be done that especially take up time I wish I didn't have to spend, e.g., a couple of hours for an errand (arranged last Monday) to see my optometrist for a minor fix to glasses. Then getting shoved into the self-serve line at CVS, one of my least favorite things about shopping there, and something that took four times as long as if I'd dug in my heels and waited for one more checker to open up, with half a dozen small inconveniences. A couple of other things like that. Just a (mostly) low level sense of aggravation that I have to put up with shit today and several times finding I want to be left alone. - In other words, pure "transit of the day" Mercury to Saturn.

Oh, and then (because I'd stuffed things in my pocket at CVS rather than wait for someone to bring bags to the self-service place), my items pressed buttons on my phone launching a request for an Uber - fortunately not to anyplace far away - which I didn't know until the driver called me to complain that I wasn't where I was supposed to be. - Yeah, pure "transit of the day" Mercury to Saturn! :)

LATER (11:30 PM): I think the Venus transits are mostly rolling into tomorrow. Or, perhaps it was lethargy today. The heat really slowed things - it was fairly burdensome in some unexpected ways. For example, since I'm relatively new to wearing my hard contact lenses, it never occurred to me they'd steam up and grow cloudy from the heat. I got done what I had to do, and did some things I liked, and mostly was glad I didn't have any commitments.

Oh, another Mercury-Saturn: It seems one tire on the car has a slow leak. It's been losing 10# pressure about every 18 hours and needed a refill. Doesn't affect me too much, except that it affects Marion, who will have to run out and get the tire fixed first thing in the morning before her day starts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Saturday, July 7

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:46 pm

I'll get this queued up for tomorrow, when I will have very little time to do anything. Transits are: Venus square my Venus and conjunct my Pluto. Sun square my SSR Ascendant.

Two experimental items:
t Ceres ssq s Mercury
t Venus crosses my SSR XIth cusp (and there will indeed be social interaction with friends, on a day that is primarily business)

LATER: The basic transits were confirmed quite "by the book." In a group gathering of friends for an important annual meeting, I was a distinctly solar figure in a solar role, and the Venus elements were fulfilled (though there wasn't anything in particular that represented Venus-Pluto per se that I can see - Venus-Venus was more obvious).

I must admit that Venus on my Denver SSR XIth cusp was exactly fulfilled, in that it was a Venus event involving a group of friends. Still, I'm not sure we can distinguish this from the Venus-Venus transit. Ceres' transit, as always, is hard to assess since we don't really know what (if anything) it means, but a conventional interpretation is supported if we note that it was a work type of event in the middle of what otherwise would be a holiday weekend.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sunday, July 8

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Today's transits are:

t Mercury sq. r Mercury
t Sun op. s Pluto
t Sun conj. s MC

It has been an utterly mercurial day (no surprise - mostly getting materials ready for the astrology class). Contrary to expectations, I primarily spent it at home by myself. I'm not aware of any further manifestation of a solar quality with Sun on solar M than was already felt yesterday with Sun square solar Ascendant.

Similarly, in the experimental category there is no way to discern whether transiting Sun square SLR MC contributed anything beyond other concurrent solar transits. (It was early in the day and probably would have been felt yesterday if it was a real effect.)

I'm currently in few days that Jupiter is (barely!) within 60' of natal Mercury, before Jupiter's station Tuesday.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 am

Please forgive the newbie question...

"s Pluto" and "s MC" - What does the "s" stand for?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 am

Lance wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 am
Please forgive the newbie question...

"s Pluto" and "s MC" - What does the "s" stand for?
"Solar," i.e., Solar Return. Transits to the SSR are nearly (perhaps not quite) as strong/important as transits to the natal.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Monday, July 9

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:07 am

Back at work after five days off. Here are today's transits (in addition to Jupiter being barely within 1° of my Mercury and moving to its station there tomorrow):

First, today is my Quarti-SSR, in which I no longer have any confidence at all (but it's Neptune angular if anyone cares). Take that, then, as another solar transit, listed below as such.

t Sun conj. s MC
t Sun sq. r Sun
t Venus conj. L Asc
(These should be substantially what the last few days have been, or small variations.)

I have two experimental items to watch:'
t Mercury sq. SLR Jupiter (but how would I know, with Jupiter stationary conjunct my Mercury tomorrow?)
t Mercury square r Ceres

OUTCOME: A fairly ordinary day at work, tending to be better than most. I suppose it's noteworthy that, after being out for most of a week, it was relatively light. Small, commonplace things had a quality of fun about them.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Tuesday, July 10

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Today was Jupiter's station, exactly 1°00' from my Mercury. I suppose there was extra dignity given to me for Mercurial things since one of our contractors on the construction project at work needed my expertise, and I'm now going be knee-deep in the project for the next two weeks. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting.

I also think of this in relation to this morning's opportunity to sit in on a panel discussion by the nation's leading Supreme Court level attorneys discussing the last term of the court with some useful breakdowns and summaries plus case discussions and projections of where the court is going.

Transiting Sun squared solar Mercury. Not a big deal, just more Mercury. Since it is SSR, rather than natal, Mercury, it is indeed more consistent with an emphasis on people seeking out information from me.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Wednesday, July 11

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 pm

After holiday break, we return to the LA astrology class Wednesday night.

Three aspects for the day:
t Mars ssq. s Saturn
t Venus sqq s Pluto, ssq. r Sun

Experimental: After midnight tomorrow night, transiting Mercury conjoins my SSR XIth cusp. Since class picks up again, "Mercury in a group" is already a distinctive event.

OUTCOME: This was sort of a dumb note day, nothing hitting as expected. For example, I'm not at all clear what Mars to SSR Saturn was. I dont think I even woke up weary (it was early in the day). The Venus transits could have been a general sense of things going easier than they could have. - Somewhat disturbingly, the one exact hit was Mercury crossing my SSR XIth cusp which, as known in advance, was a match for last night's astrology class resuming.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Thursday, July 12

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Both of todays items are experimental: t Sun opposes SLR Pluto, and t Mars opposes SLR Mercury. Besides a little hecticness (not at all unusual in my day), no sign of these.

In about a month and a half of watching, transits to my SLR have been every bit as worthless as I expected. I already have them mapped through the remainder of the SLR month, but - unless something stunningly impressive occurs - I won't bother tracking them anymore as of my next SLR.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Friday, July 13

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am

Today has three transits - routine, non-experimental, a little weaker (three semi-squares), but the strongest thing operating today:

t Venus ssq. s Mars
t Mercury ssq SQ Moon
t Mars ssq r Moon

The day is already starting a bit grumpy since I had the worst night's sleep in recent memory - outside sounds etc. - and ended up sleeping in a way my neck muscles didn't like. Stretching out the kinks right now. Also had to get up a little early to do an errand on the way to work. I expect a light day at work in the sense of nothing too demanding but items scheduled mostly back-to-back through the day.

OUTCOME: They day was light and (in a mild, routine sort of way) successful, but physically wearing. I never entirely recovered from the initial deficit and the later it got in the day, the more physically beat up I was feeling (closer to the Mars-Moon).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Saturday, July 14

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:05 pm

The only transit today is Mars octile my SSR Mars, which was exact before dawn and in orb all day.

It's mostly a continuation of yesterday. I slept much better, and did my common Saturday catch-up. I ploughed away at things here on the forum and, especially, making my gigantic PowerPoint for next Wednesday's class, which is probably going to take a dozen hours. Early afternoon I collapsed and slept a few more hours.

This is one of the more common manifestations of Mars to Mars days: Everything takes an extreme amount of energy, so the subjective perception is that energy is going down the drain.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sunday, July 15

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 pm

No transits are exact today.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Monday, July 16

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 am

On Monday, Sun opposes my natal Mars while Mars octiles my solar Moon. It should be a marsy day. (I already know it will be a long one.)

Experimentally, Jupiter (due to its station a couple of days ago) conjoins my SLR Jupiter. I expect nothing at all from this.

Monday night I have a new Demi-SLR with Saturn at MC, in fact a foreground mundane Moon-Saturn square (plus Sun partile opposite my Mars). It's inside a very positive SLR but, nonetheless, doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

OUTCOME: The early part of the day was quite hectic, and the whole day left me pretty exhausted. I only got about three hours of sleep and worked a 10-hour day, but it was pretty successful. (Also got a gigantic PowerPoint nearly finished for Wednesday, but most of the heavy stuff for that was done over the weekend.)

And, of course, there is nothing specifically concentrating Jupiter conjunct SLR Jupiter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Tuesday, July 17

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Tuesday I have one major transit and two minor ones:

t Mars ssq. p Sun
t Sun square s Asc [for Denver where it set up]
t Venus sqq. r Mars

OUTCOME (9 AM): These Mars transits are accumulating (and surely the new Demi-Lunar is part of the picture). Today I find myself with no frustration tolerance. The least frustration puts me on the edge of losing my temper like I haven't done in years before today (so stated because of one actual blow-up early this morning). I am going to have to be very careful all day,

LATER OUTCOME: The day levelled off (or I got used to it). Nothing else along those lines. After work, Marion and I caught the amazing Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary, RBG.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Wednesday, July 18

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:54 am

What I know about today is that it is packed with machine firmware upgrades (a project we're doing), I'll work straight through lunch (due to an office management team meeting), we have a film crew setting up right after lunch to do part of a filming project, I get off work mid-afternoon then get myself ready to teach the astrology class tonight. So it will be consistently busy and ultimately long, but probably calmer than yesterday.

My one standard transit is t Sun square natal Neptune, cresting this evening in the middle of class but surely operating all day. If I'm lucky, it will just be the "standing in a maelstrom" effect we often see with Sun-Neptune.

In the experimental category, Sun also conjoins my natal 11th cusp. (Planets will always do this, or the 5th cusp, when squaring my Neptune.) It's interesting a priori that I've been having these 11th cusp transits on class nights ("group involvement" stuff), but I don't want to over-read that.

OUTCOME: Yeah bottom line, it was zany all day, though mostly in a positive way. Class went really well tonight, I think (though my reaction is affected partly by Moon conjunct my Sun through most of it, and getting away from a Moon-Saturn square to start class).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Thjursday, July 19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:57 am

On Thursday, I have:

t Sun sq. s Uranus
t Sun sqq. s Neptune
t Mercury conj. L EP

In the experimental category, I have:

t Ceres sqq. r Mars
t Sun conj. SLR Asc

OUTCOME: Today has been a very strange, atypical day... which, considering that Sun transits SSR Uranus and Neptune, actually seems fitting. It hasn't been particularly pleasant at times.

First, I had planned to get to work half an hour early to give myself just a little edge on the start of the day - knowing it was packed beyond reason (there's another Uranus-Neptune phrase) and not wanting to start off running at double time in passing gear for the first hour or so. The clock went off and I did something I never do - I turned it off instead of snoozing. My backup "you should be going out the door in a few minutes' alarm went off, I got out the door in 10 minutes, and got to work at the regular time... and ran at double time in passing gear for the first hour or so.

The day itself wasn't so bad. Certainly productive, probably would call it "good" because of that. The big project is moving along at a fast clip. Got lot done. That was the best part of the day. - On the way home, I then started having asthma-like symptoms, something that hasn't happened in ages - used an inhaler - when I got home, it kept getting worse. Marion is out for the evening and I collapsed, exhausted for two hours (which is a common secondary symptom of asthma) and still feel pretty worthless. Again - attributing this to Uranus and Neptune - it is the strangeness of it all that holds my attention more than the distress.

Sun-Uranus days aren't usually like this for me, though Sun-Neptune matches some diary notes of unusually packed, high-pressure work schedule that kept spiraling into drama. I also associate Neptune with asthma. Mercury crossing local EP is obvious enough - there's never any problem finding Mercury phenomena in my day.

Experimental: What is particularly catching my attention today, though, is that Ceres transit to natal Mars. Most of the people who did original work with Ceres relate it to work and health issues. In this case, it is even aspecting natal Mars in Sagittarius - inflammation of the bronchi - tying the whole package together. It's... interesting. That one is worth recording.

Transits to Lunar Returns are continuing to impress me with their utter worthlessness. One so important-seeming as transiting Sun conjunct SLR Ascendant had no real presence today.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Friday, July 20

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Tomorrow (Friday) I have some similar transits to Thursday, with a different emphasis. The first two below are major, the rest are minor.

t Venus op. s Neptune
t Sun conj. r Uranus [occurs late, bridges into Sun to Jupiter-Uranus the next day]
t Venus ssq. r Neptune, sqq. s Uranus [triggering s Uranus op. r Neptune]

As an experimental item, I still have t Sun conjunct SLR Ascendant, which isn't exact until just after midnight tonight.

OUTCOME: I have no idea at the moment what the Venus elements were
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Saturday, July 21

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 am

Today's transits are as follows:

t Sun conj. r Jupiter-Uranus
t Venus ssq. r Uranus (headed for Jupiter)

So the basic feel should be Sun & Venus transiting Jupiter and Uranus.

Two experimental items occur:
t Mars op. s Ceres
t Sun conj. L 12th cusp

Already the day is zany. I slept in this morning and got up soon before a phone call that I have to head to work because an important partner had his laptop stolen and needs one before he heads out of town tomorrow - I'm going in to spend a few hours prepping it. This might turn out to be related to the Sun transit above (it certainly has already kicked in the zany swirl of Uranus). I'm intrigued because the Mars transit to Ceres again involves a purely work matter and a sense of urgency or crisis. - More as the day unfolds.

LATER (1 PM): I didn't have to go into the office. As I was getting ready, I checked in with a co-worker who had been notified of the problem through different channel and was just pulling into the office. We compared notes, confirmed the plan, he's off and running, I did VIP communication from home for about an hour, and the day started moving slightly more in the direction of Sun-Venus to Jupiter=Uranus (although the Sun to Jupiter-Uranus is all over these events already). - So far, the full Venus effect will likely be tomorrow (we already know we're getting up early to see a 10 AM matinee of the new Mama Mia movie - how's that for Venus on Jupiter-Uranus!).

OUTCOME: Nothing much different than that occurred. The day levelled off, I was unusually bored, energy kinda low. In a sense the 12th cusp transit worked because, given a couple of options, we stayed in - the early part of the day is almost marked by small shifts in conditions that decided on my staying in all day rather than go out for something. Mostly it was Sun to Jupiter-Uranus (surprise, 'move fast' conditions overlapping with interacting with VIPs in a way that likely added to my esteem bank).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sunday, July 22

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 am

t Venus ssq. r Jupiter-Uranus
t Sun conj. s MC (for Denver, where it occurred)
-- t Sun sq. s Jupiter

Should be a good day, obviously. The Venus to Jupiter-Uranus is all too clear: We have tickets to a Mama Mia matinee in about an hour.

OUTCOME: Yes to the Venus transits. I don't know that the Sun transits have a specific outcome, strangely (since they seemed stronger), though I succeeded in getting the basic writing of my monthly forecast done. I've been feeling all day that I'm on the edge of getting sick (acceleration of something over a couple of days? the Demi-SLR Saturn?)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Monday, July 23

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Tomorrow (Monday) the only transit is minor: t Venus ssq s Jupiter.

In the experimental category, Venus conjoins my SSR XIIth cusp a few minutes after midnight into Tuesday and, if valid, is likely to be felt Monday.

OUTCOME: The main outcome isn't (directly) from this transit. Turns out I'm sick - I've been feeling gradually run-down and then, over the weekend, started wondering if something stronger was wronger. By today it was entirely clear that I have a good ol frashioned summer cold of the wet and contagious kind. I put in most of a work day, not I'm headed home early, will be out tomorrow for sure and maybe the next day.

The astrological cause? In two days transiting Mars opposes progressed Moon. I knew it was coming but didn't account for Mars' slow motion: the aspect became partile late Saturday. As for the lesser Venus-Jupiter semi-square, this is unfortunately common for being sick with nuissance viruses: I now will be required, against my preference, to be lazy for a day or two.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Tuesday, July 24

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:01 am

Tomorrow (Tuesday), everything is in the experimental category - although I'm only a day short of the exact t Mars op. p Moon, and it's well in orb, so probably will control.

I have four experimental transits. The first two... I'm not even sure why I'm finishing out the month, they're so bad. They're transits to my SLR and, at that, to slow planets.
t Venus op. SLR Neptune
t Sun sq. SLR Uranus

Two others are of more interest because they at least still address questions that haven't been laid to rest:
t Venus conj. SSR XIIth cusp (well, I will be isolated at home, sick)
t Sun sq. Novien Moon

OUTCOME: Really, a whole lot of nothing. I stayed home sick, did some this-and-that. - If anything applied, it was the Sun transit to Novien Moon. I can't say for sure, but since the main activities of the day were important interactions with Marion plus assisting others on synastry, it might be fitting. (Still remaining agnostic on this.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Wednesday, July 25

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm

t Mars op. p Moon has been in orb for days, and I caught a cold that's had me down. By now I'm past contagion, and I plan to go back to work tomorrow though still a bit depleted. I suppose this is the natural life-cycle of the transit.

In the experimental area, Ceres transits semi-square my Neptune today. Not sure what it means, but I'll keep watching for it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Thursday, July 26

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 pm

Nothing today but two experimental transits:

t Ceres sqq. s Uranus
t Ceres op. s Neptune

OUTCOME: I have no bloody idea!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Friday, July 27

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Tomorrow, I continue some of the vague trends from today, but with a couple of real (and connected) aspects this time.

t Sun conj. p Moon
-- t Venus ssq p Moon

Also, right about now, a few minutes after midnight at the start of Friday,
t Ceres op. s Neptune

OUTCOME: The main transits suggest some extra-special attention and I don't think anything like that happened. (Today - Saturday - is more of that, since I'm point man of a whirlwind. More on that below.)

Ironically, Ceres opposite solar Neptune makes more sense in a minor way. If we keep the "work" theme going for Ceres, Friday was my second day back at work after being out sick, and I was still foggy and experiencing energy drop-offs earlier in the day than expected.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Question

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Are these of any use or interest to anyone? I thought I'd do it just as an experiment, to show what I have said for years (but never demonstrated) - that simple transits to the natal and SSR charts pretty much, by themselves, describe each day and mark the flavor and most important features of the day.

But, as we approach the end of the month, I need to assess whether there is any reason to continue. I always do this sort of thing for myself. Is it serving anyone else?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:11 am

Relative to my retired life--no reason to continue Jim, but I certainly understand they are important to you and could be to others, and that is what matters to you on an individual level. Of course, if you learn anything new which you think is important by your daily exercise with transits let us know. I do know for sure transits in a natal chart can be super important for possible certain important plans. Just this past week with a very rare Stationed Mercury partile cnj my Natal Zenith almost partile 90 Natal Jupiter, I learned to flag this point for now on for certain possible daily important communication plans.

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Re: Question

Post by Lance » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:47 pm
Are these of any use or interest to anyone? I thought I'd do it just as an experiment, to show what I have said for years (but never demonstrated) - that simple transits to the natal and SSR charts pretty much, by themselves, describe each day and mark the flavor and most important features of the day.

But, as we approach the end of the month, I need to assess whether there is any reason to continue. I always do this sort of thing for myself. Is it serving anyone else?
I don't know if there's a reason to continue, but I have been following along and learning a thing or two - specifically transits to the SSR are a real thing and transits to the SLR aren't so much.

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:17 am

One question I have:

When I look at my transits, I'm looking at Saturn and Pluto making these month-long partile transits, but it looks like you're just focusing on the faster planets when their transits are exact.

Can you give me a sense of the logic behind your technique?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 am

Lance wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:17 am
One question I have:

When I look at my transits, I'm looking at Saturn and Pluto making these month-long partile transits, but it looks like you're just focusing on the faster planets when their transits are exact.
Yes. I want to know the specific thing: Describe today to me. What will today be like.

Pretty much, from the time you wake until the time you sleep, each day has a distinctive quality. These transits show you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:17 am

I've been following along. I've learned from the differences and samenesses (uh, strange word) between your descriptions of what you expect to happen, and what did happen.
I think it also points out how most stuff is small stuff, even if it's "shown in your stars." I think this is useful for a beginner to learn how to interpret day to day influences, and also see how someone experienced handles them.
If you're getting bored or feeling like this is getting to be a "have to" I'd rather see you drop it than feel over-burdened.

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:56 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:17 am
I've been following along. I've learned from the differences and samenesses (uh, strange word) between your descriptions of what you expect to happen, and what did happen.
I think it also points out how most stuff is small stuff, even if it's "shown in your stars." I think this is useful for a beginner to learn how to interpret day to day influences, and also see how someone experienced handles them.
If you're getting bored or feeling like this is getting to be a "have to" I'd rather see you drop it than feel over-burdened.
Ditto this, in full.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it going another month and see if folks get anything useful from it. It's not that it's a time drain; I just didn't want to bother if nobody was interested (I don't need to do it for myself).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Saturday, July 28

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:47 am

Only experimental transits today:

t Sun conj. s Ceres
t Venus ssq. s Ceres

It fits themes I've seen in the sense of "it's all about work." Though it's Saturday, I'm at work since early this morning to oversee infrastructure security while a construction crew kills some power lines temporarily. Good thing I was here, too, because they killed power to some critical systems, which I've gotten restored. Not exactly fun, but a bit of an adventure.

The work and health themes - what early Tropicalist asteroid explorers saw as 6th House / Virgo themes - also seem somewhat like a milder Saturn. (I've been trying to get a handle not only on consistent themes, if any, but to get to underlying psychological motivations. These themes could be seen as a variation on our materialistic needs, including needs to acquire, construct, order, and retain, with some as yet undetected connection to survival instincts.) These ideas preclude other possible Ceres patterns that I've occasionally thought I saw, but might give an entrée to understanding it. - It still comes across like a mild, secondary factor even though it is nearly the size of Pluto. It doesn't have a malefic sense - at the moment, I'd describe it as a mild Saturn without the malefic side.

LATER (6:30 PM). After finishing the big job this morning and going home, thinking I was done, I got a call about an hour ago of an equipment crisis - a problem with a core switch blade (for those who know what that is) and another minor switch with a power issue. Back to the office - I fixed the main problem in 5 minutes, and now I'm waiting for a network engineer to call me to confirm my assessment of the second issue. Mostly in-and-out, but it sure put a wrench in the evening.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sunday, July 29

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 am

Today's transits seem straightforward for a Sunday. They mostly look like, "Take a break and do something pleasant."

My progressed Sun recently entered the 1° orb of square natal Moon, so they are capturing transits together. Furthermore, my SSR Moon is also within a degree of exact square natal Moon, so it's grabbing transits almost exactly when progressed Sun gets them. (That Moon-Moon in the SSR also comes along with some seriously unpleasant stuff of the Mars-Saturn variety, but that will start to hit tomorrow.)

Today: t Venus sq. p Sun, s Moon, supported by t Sun octile the same two planets.

We've gotten into a Sunday morning movie habit of late (a theater fairly close to us that we enjoy has early super-low prices on first-run items - both of our ticket together cost less than one ticket almost anywhere else). I generally don't like the Tom Cruise incarnation of Mission: Impossible, but the new one that opened this weekend has been catching both of our attention - the word is that they did actual story for this one rather than just serial, formulary action-violence, so we'll probably give it a shot in an hour or so.

LATER: Yes, that's how the day went. Movie, lunch, return home to work on my Aspects Theory presentation for next week's class and low-demand activities.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Monday, July 30

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 am

I'm going to start tomorrow's post now, to pre-load the transits - tomorrow is likely to be too hectic a day, especially at the start, and there are several to mention. I can't say I'm looking forward to the day.

t Venus conj. s Mars
-- t Sun ssq. s Mars
t Venus op. r Moon
-- t Sun sqq. r Moon
t Venus sq. s Saturn
-- t Sun sqq. s Saturn

Experimental:
t Ceres is octile natal Jupiter-Uranus
t Sun conjoins SLR Mercury (I'm sure this will fit, but have no reason to think it will have anything to do with this transit.)

Additionally, I'm only a couple of days from t Jupiter conj. r Ceres. It's exact August 1 and is already in orb (10' at the moment). I also have a new SLR mid-Tuesday, that I'll likely be feeling by mid-tomorrow (say, 1 PM on). Can't call it bad at all with Jupiter exactly on EP (0°00' ecliptically, but the relevant figure is 0°17' in RA). It is, however, exciting in a demanding way. I'm expecting the equivalent of an unusually intense roller-coater ride where one comes off it feeling one had an exhilarating good time, but where one wasn't necessarily sure of that at all points of the ride :) .

OUTCOME: This one was strange. Almost the whole emotional fore of those aspects was tapped by reading the following article on the way to work this morning. https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/trav ... index.html
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Tuesday, July 31

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:08 pm

t Mercury conjoins local EP, and I'm a day from Jupiter conjoining natal Ceres.

t Saturn is also very close to opposing SQ Moon: They are exact on August 3.

OUTCOME: It was a crazy Mercury day even before I started repairing some small things on the forum - one patch of which broke it entirely. It was a very Mercury evening :(
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com