Avi's Daily Transits 2018

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Avi's Daily Transits 2018

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Interestingly, Aug 31 was a Venus-Pluto conjunction, followed by 3.5 months of no transits by Venus, except for Oct 3-8.

August 29 is when my last relationship ended.

So for the last while, I've been pretty isolated, and lonely, with the Pluto-Venus octile that resumed Oct 28, I have been acutely aware of being alone. Dating has been a pretty unrewarding experience for this period.

Fortunately, it's been a good time to make advances at work, and to start paying down some debt I had accumulated as part of my divorce.

Tomorrow, Venus will be within 1 degree conjunct Mercury, and octile to Jupiter. And looking over 2019, there isn't a long period without a Venus transit. So I'm relieved.

I'm not sure what form it will take. I don't have any romantic prospects, so maybe it will be a period of friendship and sprucing up my home.

Whatever form, I'm grateful the Venus dry-spell is ending.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 am

JupiterSetsatDawn reminded me back in the spring when I was sad about being alone that my children love me.

You have a beautiful young girl, who I bet loves unicorns, who also could benifit from some of that mercurcy venus thing you got working for you. You have always made me think of Hermes in a way.

Who knows, if you take her to the zoo or playdates or the meusem there might be some other Nobel gas like woman there who will gravitate and jive with your salsa and super playful intellectual uniqueness.

The Universe does seem to know how to magically bring us what and who we need, when we need it.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 am

Haha, I'd say I get the most looks from women when I'm dropping my daughter off at kindergarten. :lol:

Indeed, one never knows how or where.

But I'm really not looking when I'm on dad time. And in fact I'd rather not be looking at all. I'm actually a little embarrassed to be so girl crazy and romantically obsessed. I'm much happier under a Uranus transit when I'm working on ideas.

So, universe who works mysteriously:

I just want someone smart and funny and with a benign case of nymphomania to want to be with me, but also have their own place. A cute Latina with glasses, if we're getting picky.

So mote it be.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 am

Avi wrote:
I just want someone smart and funny and with a benign case of nymphomania to want to be with me, but also have their own place. A cute Latina with glasses, if we're getting picky.
:D I hear you Avi, and if I was your age and looking I would lay my cards on the table with any potential mate.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:46 am

Face up?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 am
Haha, I'd say I get the most looks from women when I'm dropping my daughter off at kindergarten. :lol:
But I'm really not looking when I'm on dad time.
Which is part of why you're more attractive then. Take your daughter to the grocery store. Not during the day when most single women are working.

I keep saying stop looking. It's like dogs. If you chase them, they run away. If you're busy examining something fascinating in the driveway, they'll come over to see what you got. Live your life. Someone will decide your life looks interesting and come over to see what you're doing.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:00 am

Right again, both of you.

The grocery store is the other place I get looks. Any time I'm with her, really. At least half of each smile is for her.

But I've been pretty cautious about keeping dating and parenthood separate. I've been flighty and fickle and haven't introduced my daughter to hardly anyone I dated, because they weren't "the one"

Also, I guess I see two kinds of pairings, biological ones that are about child rearing, and non-procreative ones that are about a different kind of connecting.

I've seen and experienced being loved for the dad role, but have also seen how often that disappears when the children grow up, and I guess I do have a fear that a relationship based around that won't last. That I'll want someone different when my daughter grows up.

But you're right about not looking. I deleted my dating apps this weekend. Solitude is peaceful and gives me room to be creative and do whatever I want, and invest in my life.

These transits are bringing me awareness of the rhythms of life. Next Step: find myself in increasing harmony with each moment. And know that I am never alone.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:10 am

Nobody suggested you have a relationship based around your daughter. That'd be weird. But it's like a new puppy. It's a reason for women to approach you, and start a conversation. There's nothing wrong with that. Men who are open to children are way more attractive than men who are just wandering around alone in looking mode.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 am

Gotcha.

Yes, people do sometimes start friendly conversations with me when I'm with her. And I've had other single moms ask through friends for my number, which is fine, though I've never been interested.

I'm very, very picky, and not interested in the vast majority of the people I meet. Which is why I spend a lot of time alone. :lol:

It's all good.

I'm glad to welcome Venus back, which means more friendly feelings from me toward the human race, less paranoia, more openness. I'm curious what form it will take this go-around.