Have you gone through sec. pr. Venus to n. Snode?

Q&A and discussion on Secondary Progressions.
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Have you gone through sec. pr. Venus to n. Snode?

Post by Arena » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:45 am

I've just had a look at my friend's solar return and it worries me and I decided not to tell her any predictions other than there are challenges ahead. I suspect she is going to go through difficulties in her otherwise happy and long marriage, her solar return triggered these worries in my mind seeing Saturn opp Venus, Neptune close to DSC and in aspect to Venus and Jup. In fact, progressed Moon opposite pr. Sun right on her ASC/DSC confirms that it has to do with her relationship. But they are in square to her natal Moon and Jupiter, so maybe she will get through this all right. I also see upcoming Pluto and Saturn to her DSC in the next years as well as square to her Moon (I worry her mother will die soon but I didn't tell her that). I then looked into progressed Venus and I see it is coming into a conjunction with her Snode this year and in Vedic astrology this means endings, losses or separations.

If any of you has gone through a period when pr. Venus passed by their natal or progressed Snode/Ketu, would they please share with us what happened during that period? I can attest to my own divorce during that period in my life.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Have you gone through sec. pr. Venus to n. Snode?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:55 am

My Venus and Caput are on the same half of the zodiac, so Venus conjunct Cauda by secondary progression couldn't possibly happen in a human lifetime.

So, just to play along, I thought I'd check my tertiary progressions. Perhaps this isn't a sufficiently "strong" progression system for what you want, but it's what I've got :)

I thought I'd found one interesting hit, but it wasn't quite correctly timed. In late summer of 2005, I had both an important success in my life-work happen and a (perhaps the) critical step in one of the most important relationships of my life. Both were extremely positive and fulfilling steps, not negative. However, terts move so fast that, while Venus conjunct natal Cauda was exact when the plans for these events were coming together, it was a couple of degrees away when the events actually happened. So: Either nothing of note, or part of the larger picture of very positive events.

Back to late 1999, tertiary Venus was stationary on natal Cauda. No relationship-related events during that time. (It was an unusually calm, stable, nothing-shifting time in the midst of surrounding years, with key changes a couple of years earlier and several years later, but not during that time.) I would expect unusually strong effects from a progressed planet stationary on a natal point, but this was... nothing.

In early 1996, tertiary Venus conjoined tertiary (rather than natal) Cauda. There was the kind of event you are anticipating almost a year later (when P3 Venus-Node was long gone), but nothing during that time.

Now, one that is interesting - but can be taken a couple of different ways - is that tert Venus also conjoined natal Cauda oin August 1975. However, again, it just misses the mark. I had left Indiana and my wife in early June, but Venus was 3° away by then. My wife visited me in SoCal for a week in late September, and we decided to divorce, but Venus was almost 3° on the other side. My decades-long relationship with Anna-Kria began in November, with Venus long past the progression. There were a lot of points of really important relationship change over the course of six months, and they all avoided the time of the Venus-Cauda progression. (At most, there was all the reorientation and new contact stuff that comes from relocating to an entirely different place.)

Another aspect one might have expected to be of unusual importance was tert Venus on tert Cauda exactly along my natal MC / square Asc in October 1974. Nothing of note that month. (Wife and I were doing well at that point, and had relocated 50 miles, from Greencastle to Indianapolis, a couple of months earlier. No decisive events at that time, we were generally doing well. It's probably the month I started working as Marguerite Carter, so all the "new contacts" that mattered were in a work environment and were quite casual - I'd see a couple of people every couple of weeks. Oh, and we met a few people connected with the Indianapolis area astrology community, which in retrospect was surprisingly strong.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:22 am

Ok, so tertiary progressions are not noteworthy on this issue.

In my case, I separated one year before I actually signed the papers, so before Venus was exact on the pr. mean Snode. The signing of papers happened when pr. Venus is on pr. mean Snode. Then Venus moves on to n. Snode and around that time I started another relationship, but it didn't last long in time (but it was important anyway and I still consider him the best lover sexually that I ever had).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:44 am

Then, according to your report, Venus-Node would be related to the formation of the new relationship, not to the end of the old one, right? (I have serious trouble with any interpretation that gives more or less opposite meanings to NN vs. SN. Nothing else in astrology works that way.)

So that was about the summer of 2004 for the progression, and perhaps mid-2003 for the breakup? That would put the breakup sometime around when Saturn was aspecting your natal Venus, Jupiter, Pluto and Ascendant? Pluto opposed your Saturn. Uranus transited square your Neptune in 2003 (cutting apron strings, waking up), in contrast to Neptune opposing your Sun for a couple of years earlier.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:41 am

No, like I said above the divorce was when pr. Venus conjunct progressed mean S.node.

Separated from husband sometime in spring 2001 and signed divorce papers on July 2nd 2002. New boyfriend was on and off (unstable) from August 2002 until August 2003.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Arena wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:41 am
No, like I said above the divorce was when pr. Venus conjunct progressed mean S.node.
Got it. I didn't get the date right because I didn't convert SF back to show mean, rather than true, node. (I can't think of a single reason why, if the nodes are important at all, the mean node - or mean anything - would be relevant in lieu of the actual position; but, in any case, that did cause me to miscalculate the time).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com