Relationship *Revised*

Q&A and discussion about Synastry, i.e., relationship analysis through the comparison of two horoscopes.
By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Relationship *Revised*

Post by By Jove » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Okay, so I asked Su*** on our date when was her exact birthdate. She confirmed it was 12:01pm, Dec 3, 1992. So I need to redo the synastry for this to work. I request the original thread be deleted because the data was inaccurate. So let me try this again.

My chart is well known (Dec 18, 1990, 3:57pm - New York City)
Moon conjunct Neptune
Moon sesquisquare Mars
Sun angular
Pluto angular

Sun in Sagittarius
Moon in Sagittarius
Mars in Taurus
A large Sag stellium overall

Mars in detriment in Taurus
Jupiter in exaltation in Cancer
Pluto in detriment in Libra

Her chart (Dec 3, 1992, 12:01pm - Beijing)
Sun sextile Saturn
Sun sextile Jupiter
Moon trine Mercury & Pluto
Moon sextile Venus

Sun angular
Saturn angular
Jupiter angular

Sun in Scorpio
Moon in Aquarius
Mars in Cancer

Mars in fall in Cancer
Jupiter in detriment in Virgo
Saturn in rulership in Capricorn
Pluto in detriment in Libra

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Relationship *Revised*

Post by By Jove » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:19 pm

How I interpret synastry of the two charts:

My Saturn (Sagittarius) sextile her Moon (Aquarius)
My Pluto (Libra) trine her Moon (Aquarius)
My Mars (Taurus) sextile her Mars (Cancer)
My Moon (Sagittarius) conjunct her Uranus & Neptune (Sagittarius)
My Jupiter (Cancer) opposes her Saturn (Capricorn)
My Saturn (Sagittarius) sextile her Mercury & Pluto (Libra)
My Mercury, Venus, & Uranus (Sagittarius) square her Jupiter (Virgo)

So our charts have an active engagement with each other. Our Suns have little contact with other planets in our chart, but there is a sizable interactions with our moons. The planets Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto have quite a bit of interaction. In other words, the two classic malefic planets.

But our relation is anything but strained or difficult. We easily get along with each other, and physical actions like touching and hugging come easily. We have recently become open about our difficult pasts, worries about the future, and mental troubles. This kind of closeness and seriousness is new to me.

I don't know exactly how to interpret this. Thinking of malefic planets as all bad is crude, since they give strength and can give a powerful attraction or bond in relationships.

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:55 pm

General overview:

The Lights are not mutually connected by aspects.
But you can look up this thread for the signs-only approach, your Sag Moon and Sun are considered sextile her Aqu Moon (and vice versa, her Moon to your Sun,Moon), in the widest sense, so it gives a general tone of friendship and cooperation:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=443

The main factors of interchange are:
- your Sa with her Ve and Ma
- your Ve,Me,Ur,,Ne,Mo with her Ju (it's partile to Ur, but I consider it effectively active to all listed)
- your Ju with her Sa
- her Me-Pl are on your MC
- her Ur-Ne with your Mo (it's generational, but it's there nevertheless)

Read those both ways, considering how the interchange is experienced from your side and from hers, for each factor of each cluster.

List of inter-aspects sorted by orb, inside 1*, S to B:
Sa oct Mo 00*00' !!!
Pl oct Me 00*00' !!!
Pl oct Ve 16'
Sa opp Ju 35'
Mo sex Me 40'
Ju sq Ur 54'
Mo sex Ve 55'
Ur cnj Mo 56'

[I take note of static inter-aspects - sextiles and trines - only when partile and including a Light; from my experience, they do work, though are not as prominent as the dynamic ones]
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:25 am

By Jove wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm
She confirmed it was 12:01pm, Dec 3, 1992.
Where?
I request the original thread be deleted because the data was inaccurate.
Where?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:25 am
By Jove wrote:
Where?
I request the original thread be deleted because the data was inaccurate.
Where?
She was born in Beijing, China (as I wrote in my first post in this thread).

The original thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2344

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 am

Please don't scatter bits and pieces of information throughout a whole long post. Please put it all together at the top. Remember most of us won't read through long lists of aspects (boring) but will cast the chart ourselves to put it in the format we're most comfortable with. Steve likes a circular chart, I like an aspect grid, I'm not sure what Jim prefers. Some people use a list of "sensitive points" and some like a midpoint listing.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 am

By Jove wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am
By Jove wrote:
She was born in Beijing, China (as I wrote in my first post in this thread).
Yes. That didn't do us any good in this thread - especially if the old thread had been deleted as you first requested.
The original thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2344
Rather than delete it, I marked at the end that it was continued here with the correct birth time.

Earlier today I calculated this, guessing NYC birthplace, and got her Moon at 2° precisely square your Sun, which would have been a major step up in the connection! But that's not the case - Moon is 26°28' Aquarius. It does square your Ascendant which is a nice connection.

One request before looking further: You said in the first thread that she was born in 1990. In this thread, you said 1992. Which is it?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:37 am

Please don't scatter bits and pieces of information throughout a whole long post. Please put it all together at the top. Remember most of us won't read through long lists of aspects (boring) but will cast the chart ourselves to put it in the format we're most comfortable with. Steve likes a circular chart, I like an aspect grid, I'm not sure what Jim prefers. Some people use a list of "sensitive points" and some like a midpoint listing.
Fine. I won't post those details anymore since people can just draw up charts anyway.
Earlier today I calculated this, guessing NYC birthplace, and got her Moon at 2° precisely square your Sun, which would have been a major step up in the connection! But that's not the case - Moon is 26°28' Aquarius. It does square your Ascendant which is a nice connection.
She confirmed to me it was 1992. I corrected that error. Her complete DOB is Dec 3, 1992, 12:01pm - Beijing, China. So for Steve, Jupiter, and Jim, that is the information that should be used when drawing up the synastry.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am

The new birth year does lose most of what was wonderful in the old (wrong) birth chart. For example, instead of her Venus being on your angle, her Venus is on your Saturn (partile).

The best connection is her Moon square your Ascendant. That's enough to "hook" a relationship and draw someone's attention. The worst is your Saturn conjunct her Venus - look this up for some subtleties, but it basically shows your resistances and blocks raining on her parade, resisting or killing her affection for you. With her Mars opposite your Saturn too, it's rather conflictual. (Another way to put it: Here is a Scorpio woman with a reasonably close Venus-Mars opposition, and you bring Saturn to her Venus-Mars.)

Your Jupiter squares her Mercury, Venus, and Uranus - some nice stuff there. A social friend, someone with whom communication flows well.

Your Moon conjoins her Uranus-Neptune, so I suspect you are especially intrigued by her mind, by something outrageous about her.

It has some nice, friendly contacts. Since you asked, though, I'd have to say it's not a particularly good pair of charts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 pm

By Jove wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:37 am
Fine. I won't post those details anymore since people can just draw up charts anyway.
Saves you some time too. But certainly post bits that interest or concern you. Or say what you think they mean. Just a dry listing of aspects is boring, but your thoughts and opinions about them and how they fit together is always interesting.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 am
The best connection is her Moon square your Ascendant. That's enough to "hook" a relationship and draw someone's attention. The worst is your Saturn conjunct her Venus - look this up for some subtleties, but it basically shows your resistances and blocks raining on her parade, resisting or killing her affection for you. With her Mars opposite your Saturn too, it's rather conflictual. (Another way to put it: Here is a Scorpio woman with a reasonably close Venus-Mars opposition, and you bring Saturn to her Venus-Mars.)
That's pretty much my main problem in any relationship. I am too inhibited, so it is hard for me to be sexually appealing. I am way too scared of rejection. So I end up being the cute boy next door, but not a "real man" who oozes sexual energy. I am very passive. But at the same time I have A LOT of pent up anger and resentment at the world, so I'm like a corked volcano. It's probably my Taurus Mars (in detriment) that is the main culprit. Those aggressive and sexual energies seem doomed to be repressed forever.

Ironically enough, physical contact and affection with Su*** is easier and more present with her than any other woman I dated. She is actually very physically comfortable around me. Sometimes our affections are intimate in touches and conversation but it never ends up being sexual. She even told me "we don't have chemistry" to "break up" with me, but she was the one to contact me again soon after, restarting the "relationship".

We even had a long talk about this sort of thing where she is only interested in a relationship that could potentially become serious, but everything in her life is "up in the air"/not secure. And I'm not secure either. So we are in this weird limbo where we have a strong friendship, where a relationship is possible if the circumstances become more convenient. It's hard to explain. I try telling her (in gestures), ""Hey, I'm still thinking about you. I'm still thinking of how we can be together when the time is right."

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Another view of Venus-Saturn synastry aspects is Saturn takes care of, or tries to take care of, Venus. Venus may nor may not like it depending on other aspects between the two and Venus' nature. Yes, Saturn restricts Venus, but again, that's part of many relationships and not always a bad thing.
Maybe this isn't the love of either of your lives, but it sounds like you have a close friendship. Maybe you can use this to learn how to be in a relationship without all the pressure you put on yourself?

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Another view of Venus-Saturn synastry aspects is Saturn takes care of, or tries to take care of, Venus. Venus may nor may not like it depending on other aspects between the two and Venus' nature. Yes, Saturn restricts Venus, but again, that's part of many relationships and not always a bad thing.
Maybe this isn't the love of either of your lives, but it sounds like you have a close friendship. Maybe you can use this to learn how to be in a relationship without all the pressure you put on yourself?
That does sound like what it is right now. Thank you, Jupiter.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Any more thoughts you could add, Jim?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 pm

By Jove wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:06 pm
Any more thoughts you could add, Jim?
I'm in the middle of a big project today, but I took some time to reread what I wrote above. It looks to me like I thought I'd covered everything that seemed important. Anything else I could add wouldn't be astrological, it would just be two guys talking over what you might want to do about this relationship.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Yo Jim, we're still seeing each other! Add that Venus-Saturn synastry to your database. :lol:

I drew the both of us today.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm

I think the Saturn-Venus can show up as romantic possessiveness--Saturn doesn't want Venus to do X under Y circumstances, and Venus is inclined to comply. What X and Y are vary, and how tenable long term depends. Some people enjoy that dynamic.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm

From the time I've been with her: she likes me because I'm intellectual but also kind and gentle. I see her like the sun, a source of light and warmth.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:09 am

Relationship has deepened considerably. Venus-Saturn hasn't proved itself to be a bad omen. Maybe there is some information on our charts that is missing because so far we are doing swell.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:15 am

Venus-Saturn isn't a bad omen. It's an aspect between you to be aware of. Not beware, but be aware. Take care not to smother her, set up good boundaries, and let her shine. Don't let your issues restrict her. She's not there to take care of you. She's there to light up your world. Remind yourself of this at least twice a year. That's what anniversaries (of the day you met? your first date? etc) are for.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:15 am
Venus-Saturn isn't a bad omen. It's an aspect between you to be aware of. Not beware, but be aware. Take care not to smother her, set up good boundaries, and let her shine. Don't let your issues restrict her. She's not there to take care of you. She's there to light up your world. Remind yourself of this at least twice a year. That's what anniversaries (of the day you met? your first date? etc) are for.
Relationship still going strong and committed. I do see the Venus-Saturn stuff come up sometimes. It manifests as Su*** "mothering" me, taking care of me in areas where I should be taking care of myself. It recalls the idea of Venus taking care of ailing Saturn. I am working towards taking better care of myself so as not to be "ailing".