2018 U.S. Midterm Elections by SMA

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
2018 U.S. Midterm Elections by SMA

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:15 pm

The U.S. midterm elections will be held November 6, 2018. The West Coast polls close when it is 11 PM on the East Coast. We likely will have some significant results within the hour. A reasonable estimate (which, frankly, would be OK if it were several hours off) is that the outcome of the election will be about midnight (0:00) November 7, 2018.

We use Washington, DC both because this event is for the whole country, of which Washington is the ego center, but because a significant portion of the population of Washington and surrounding areas will have their jobs and lives impacted by the outcome.

What kind of event is the country having at that time?

Year: Capsolar
(This is the chart we've been getting to know very well.)
Pluto sq. Asc (0°08')
Uranus on WP (0°42')
Sun on IC (3°08')
Venus on IC (4°44')

-- Sun-Uranus sq. (0°21')
-- Venus-Uranus sq. (0°25' in mundo)
-- Sun-Venus conj. (1°25')
-- Mars-Jupiter conj. (1°15' PVP)
Moon-Mercury conj. (0°51')
Moon-Saturn conj. (0°57' in mundo)

IMPRESSION: It's bad for those in power, and shows revolution and overthrowing.

Bridge

Quarter: Libsolar
Pluto on IC (1°33')
Sun on Asc (9°29')
Moon-Mars conj. (0°34' in mundo)
Moon-Mercury sq. (0°24' in mundo)
-- Mercury-Uranus op. (1°47' PVP)

IMPRESSION: While it looks over=throwing, we have to be careful jumping to this conclusion, since the Libsolar for USA nearly always has Pluto closely angular. The Moon-Mars and Moon-Mercury aspects are more revealing about the severely nasty, personally cutting campaigning in the home stretch. Expect unexpected revelations!

Month: Caplunar (Dormant.) Moon-Sun sq. (1°32')

Week: Liblunar
Sun sq. Asc (0°06')
Uranus on MC (4°36')
Moon on IC (8°42')
Venus 0n IC (8°50')
Sun on IC (9°20')
Mars on Dsc (9°40')

-- Su/Ve on IC (0°15')
-- Mo/Su on IC (0°19')
-- Sun-Mars sq. (0°20')
Moon-Venus conj. (0°07' in mundo)

IMPRESSION: Besides the clear competitiveness, two things stand out. (1) "It's all about the President,: and that Sun is afflicted. (2) Spirit of change is strong, though not overwhelming. Suggests a reversal of which party has the most power.

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits
p Asc op. t Mars (0°12'), sq. p Mars (1°05'), s Mars (1°55')
p MC op. s Jupiter (0°25')
-----------------------------------
t Pluto sq. s Asc (0°03')

IMPRESSION: Not sure what to make of this. Certainly heavily competitive and combative up through the end. I think the Pluto transit that close to an angle means that thinks are completely upset and turned inside out.

Day: Cansolar Quotidian
p MC sq. t Pluto (0°41'), s Pluto (1°29')

And more Pluto!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 2018 U.S. Midterm Elections by SMA

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Today I'm working on my next two months of U.S. mundane forecasts. I've finished the one through mid-October, and have only worked out the mechanics for the month from id-October to mid-November which includes the elections.

I reserve the right to change my mind after I finish working things out in detail,,, which might be today or in a few days or a week... but at the moment I'm inclined to believe that the Democrats will not meet their goals in the election and the Republicans will retain both houses of Congress.

I base this on three kinds of things:

(1) Trump's charts: Up until almost the end, he has the most horrible run of lunars I've seen in a while - almost suicidal level suffering. Then, suddenly, there is a flip. His Demi-SLR, covering the election throws Pluto's square to his Jupiter right on the angles without strong negatives to go with it. This aspect, as you probably know, either exalts the lowly, upraising them beyond reason or expectation, or drags the great and mighty down from on-high. It's tended to be positive for odds-defying Trump and, while I think it will plague him a great deal between now and the election, it is suddenly free and clear in the last two weeks, with his natal Jupiter almost exactly rising.

Then his new SLR two days after the election has Jupiter exactly rising (something like 0°04', going from memory). It's a messed up Jupiter, so there's something really dirty and disgusting about it, but it's as solid an angular Jupiter as you'd ever want AND is partile square his natal Ascendant.

Transits of Jupiter to his angles (natal and local) come before and after the election. They don't overlap it. They don't get within several days of it, as if they skipped the election altogether. But the before & after makes me uncomfortable, especially the after. I don't think we can discount it.

2. Mundane charts: These seem to say "It's all about the president." This could, of course, be true either way - people voting to support him or to stand against him - but despite that exact Sun-Mars at the end, the pivotal angular Sun doesn't really ever suffer too badly in these charts.

3. Who is the real radical this year? I stand by my prediction from the Capsolar in January that whoever is seen as the biggest rebel will win. Therefore, my heart sank a bit while listening to Obama's otherwise powerful and compelling speech in Illinois this week, signaling how he plans to campaign for Democrats around the country. He set out to show that the Trump administration is so far off dangling off the cliff that they're out of bounds. We worked to establish the logical point that what we are seeing at the moment is not ordinary, it's not normal. To punctuate that, he called the Trump agenda radical.

Well, gosh, if people believe him - that the Trump agenda is indeed out of bounds, not normal, and radical - the Republicans will win whatever they want to win.

Those are my thoughts at the moment.

[Written as a Sun-Neptune opposition comes to the angles FWIW.]
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope this election forecast is just as accurate as your last one. :?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:47 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope this election forecast is just as accurate as your last one. :?
Believe me, I appreciate the sentiment and take no offense! :lol:

Pluto is transiting U.S. natal IC and, less than two weeks before election, the U.S. natal chart has an exact Moon-Mars opposition - under an Arilunar with Mars the only angular planet and aspected by Saturn. I don't suppose anything could go wrong with anything, could it?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:59 pm

I think if both the house and senate took a hard left, but there were enough contested results to turn it back, especially if there were two Trump appointees on ScotUS, he might take off for Mar-A-Lago feeling pretty full of himself. And add in a hurricane maybe.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am

You misunderstand. This is a thread for predictions from mundane (ingress) charts, not personal (natal) charts. It's a different branch of astrology.
You already have a thread for your predictions made from Trump's personal charts. (Making a thread for that was exactly the right thing to do!) Please don't bring your predictions made from personal charts onto mundane astrology threads. We want your predictions, just not in this thread. (Have you read SMA? I know it's difficult to get books there. You can download this one for free from this link.

BTW, what you said to Jim was a personal attack and we want you (and everybody) to behave in a collegial manner here.

I'm going to move your posts over to right thread (the thread you started) for you.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:21 am

It's been suggested Trump's charts show he will be happy after the midterms.
Hillary Clinton is making the rounds to advertise the paperback version of her new book with added material since a year ago.

She said she thinks no matter what happens with the mid-terms, Trump will purge most of his administration in a wholesale firing for disloyalty. I think Trump would find that a very enjoyable thing. Plus he will very possibly be dealing with a lame-duck congress, or at least house, which will do whatever he wants in revenge for the country firing them.