1993 Winter Storm of the Century for USA.

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:39 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Storm_of_the_Century

Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA) perfectly symbolized this storm with the March 8th, 1993 Super Perigee Full Moon cast for Washington DC, wired into the zenith-nadir axis of DC's 1993 Capsolar. What is a Super Moon? Go to this link to read about Super Moons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

At precisely 4:45:52 AM March 8, 1993, the Super Moon occurred in Washington DC. The Chart cast for this moment is striking. https://imgur.com/a/AUDvE I have stripped out everything in this Chart except the angular planets and Sun-Moon. Mundo Pluto is 1,30 cnj MC, RA Saturn is 1,14 cnj East Point. Donald Bradley, our colleague, taught us angular Saturn-Pluto has to do with:
Unwanted burdens.
And Jim, our host of this forum teaches us when we see partile eclipto aspects angular (Saturn partile 90 Pluto), an outstanding incident is forecast. In this case some type of Saturn-Pluto ‘outstanding (unwanted burden) incident’ with DC,s March 8 Super Moon is foretold for the nation.

Indeed, the eastern half of the United States was faced with an ‘unwanted burden’ with this rare mega winter storm. I remember this storm well, it’s the only time in my life I have seen/heard thunder snow with lighting, very freaky. I live in a rural areal and we were without power for 9 days. Fortunately, I have a wood burning stove for heat and we cook with natural gas.

BUT, this March 8th 1993 Super Moon chart for DC is big time highlighted when we look closely at DC 1993 Capsolar, the Master Chart of the year: https://imgur.com/a/QAxBu We see the March 8th 1993 Super Full Moon at 23,11 Leo-Aqu axis falling partile cnj on the Zenith-Nadir 22,50 Leo-Aqu axis for DC’s 1993 Capsolar.

Normally, Siderealist pay little attention to New-Full Moon charts for DC, but this example clearly shows an ‘outstanding (Saturn-Pluto Weather) incident’ for DC's March 8th, 1993 Super Moon falling on the zenith-nadir angles of DC’s 1993 Capsolar. Without a doubt, clear Sidereal Astrology reflecting this winter storm of the century.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 1993 Winter Storm of the Century for USA.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:21 am

What a fascinating example!

So, in brief:
  • The Capsolar has Pluto 0°07' from WP. (This is angular most years, and there is nothing to make it more distinctive this particular year, but it's damn close!) Pluto is also 3°09' below Descendant. - Moon is closely square the Mercury-Uranus-Neptune square for the whole world.
  • The Supermoon itself has Saturn 1°12' from EP, Pluto 1°30' past MC. MC and EP are both on the equator, which emphasizes that there is an actual, very close Saturn-Pluto aspect here - but it's in right ascension! Pluto RA 236°37', Saturn RA 326°46', 90°09' apart, with MC 235°32'.
  • The Supermoon was itself a high-impact transit to the Capsolar. At the time of the Full Moon, luminaries squared Capsolar Asc 0°57', Saturn conjoined Capsolar MC 0°29', Pluto transited Capsolar WP 0°41', Saturn-Pluto square in RA 0°09'.
Wow!

I only know of one similar example: It's as exact, but not as intense. The Kiss Nightclub Fire in Santa Maria, Brazil, 2:00 AM January 27, 2013, occurred the night of a Full Moon. At the time the fire broke out (with Mars the degree of IC FWIW), the Full Moon was separating by 0°10', with Sun at 12°30' Capricorn and Moon at 12°40' Cancer. Santa Maria's Capsolar MC was 12°27' Aries. There were not as many layers in this as in your example, and the Moon-Sun aspect (known to be highly common for big fires) was itself the big-deal transit. (The Full Moon chart itself was not malignant: It put Jupiter on Dsc, at most signifying the big, raucous, over-attended event in town that night.)

Back to the Blizzard of '93 (which dropped 13" of snow in Birmingham)! Would we have caught this without the Full Moon chart? (I'm always interested in whether our current methods would have let us predict correctly.) By the time the storm hit on March 12, we did have transiting Saturn and Pluto exactly on Capsolar angles, and would have forecast a few weeks that we'd have forecast based of something like this interpretation: "Harsh, dramatic tragedies or hardship with a sometimes apocalyptic feel: catastrophic disasters with profound feelings of irrevocable loss or separation." That sounds about right :)

The Caplunar would have registered as some kind of whacky and extreme: The 0°18' Uranus-Neptune conjunction was exactly square MC for Washington (and exactly mundane conjunct Moon!). Jupiter widely foreground would have either tipped this to a powerful event or alerted us to consider the weather, especially precipitation. But the basic interpretation of that Uranus-Neptune would have been something like: "High-impact events, explosive and rupturing (physically or psychologically), stirring waves of mass reaction, and overflowing the bounds of conventional thinking and expectations. Stimulates psycho-spiritual evolution, or at least very altered states of consciousness."

(And that Capsolar Mercury-Uranus-Neptune came to a CapQ angle the day the storm hit.)

The Arilunar was still the active (flow-through) Week chart, and had Saturn closely setting.

So we'd probably have looked pretty good predicting from the Year, Month, and Week level unless we'd missed weather factors from concentrating on other things. (I try to assess every mundane chart, when predicting, separately for meteorological vs. human-political events, but one gets tired of being so repetitious.)

OK, back to the Supermoon chart:

New Moon and Full Moon charts are a mainstay of Tropical mundane astrology. (There is nothing inherently "Tropical" about them - but they're among the toolset Tropical astrologers primarily use.) Donald Bradley used them for years (actually, decades, since he continued to write on them under pseudonyms while he was at Clancy). In theory, they should be important. But whenever I see a mundane event occurring on or in the immediate aftermath of a New Moon or Full Moon, I check it, and it is usually grossly disapointing. Eclipses are slightly better (being stronger versions), but not necessarily.

You've opened two ideas here to explore further with respect to these syszygy charts: (1) Are Supermoons [syzygies with Moon at perigee] inherently stronger, much in the fashion of eclipses? (2) Are syzygy connections to the Capsolar a clue to which ones will be more important?

As I said above... what a fascinating example!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am

So, a practical question: Does anyone know how to add perigee/apogee points to a chart in Solar Fire? I can't find it. Maybe they aren't here.

You can fake it sorta kinda... Moon is at its fastest daily motion when at perigee. Moon's average daily speed (a quick estimate by dividing 360° by 27.3 days) is 12.7°. Solar Fire tells us that at the time of the March 1993 Supermoon, Moon's daily motion was 15°23'. This is a lot faster! This actually gives a chance to put this on a sliding scale of importance based on Moon's daily motion at the time of a syzygy. (Not worrying about whether it is technically a Supermoon, just giving greater or lesser emphasis based on Moon's relative daily motion).

You can calculate apogee and perigee times with a separate tool, like this web site:
https://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

I've forgotten how fast this moves, so here is a quick check: The first perigee listed in that table for this year is January 1, 2018, 21:56 UT, when Moon was at 13°48' Gemini and moving 15°18'/day. The last one listed in the table is December 24, 2018, 9:53 UT, when Moon is 0°36' Cancer with a daily motion of 14°53'. So, in almost a year's time, the perigee's longitude moved forward in the zodiac a little more than half a sign.

(Surely there's a way to get this in SF that I haven't found, doncha thing?)

BONUS DISCOVERY: Steve, you wanted to know how to put planetary nodes in a chart in SF, and I found it while looking for perigee calculations. Look at User-Defined Points (on the Chart Options menu). You can make a new User-Defined list (call it Planet Nodes or whatever), Edit it, at the far right click the bubble for Node, then add the ones you want. From inside the opened chart, right-click on the screen and pick "Displayed User-Defined Points" and pick the Planet Nodes file. Get ready for a swarm! (I was going to post your chart with all of them added, but you can easily do it yourself if interested.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 am

Jim wrote as a bullet point:
The Supermom was itself a high-impact transit to the Capsolar.
Exactly! And Imo, our number one criteria for taking 1: eclipses, 2: supermoms, and maybe new & full moons and at least being conscious of these when they fall on the angles of DC’s Capsolar & Cansolar, and/or the locations we live/travel. But, when this happens combined with your ISR ‘outstanding incident’ criteria occurring in DC with above synergy charts—then we have a high % impact event which can be discussed with our best attempted foresight.

Very 8-) Jim with your SF insight now having the option of inserting planetary nodes into a chart for demonstrative purposes. Thanks.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:05 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am
So, a practical question: Does anyone know how to add perigee/apogee points to a chart in Solar Fire? I can't find it. Maybe they aren't here.
Add "Black Moon" using the displayed points setting. "Black Moon" here refers to "Black Moon Lilith", i.e. the Moon's apogee (as you would already know :) ). In Preferences>Edit Settings>Calculations, make sure you got "True Apogee" selected for calculating the Black Moon. The Moon's perigee, is of course, opposite the Black Moon.

So, as you can see in the Supermoon chart of March 8, 1993, the Moon is 0°51' in opposition to Black Moon. That's a pretty close Supermoon, right?!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 am

Oh, that's just sick?! LOL. Instead of listing a basic astronomical function like apogee-perigee, they hide it under a fictitious planet?

Sick or not: It looks like you're right! Thanks.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks Scales for you insight. :)