Fixed Star declinations

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Fixed Star declinations

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:14 pm

A Tropical mundane astrologer turned me on to an interesting idea. I don't know if it has merit, but it is astronomically sound so I thought I'd mention it.

Declinations of "fixed" stars changes over time. They are substantially fixed in latitude and Sidereal longitude, but, but due to precession, shift in right ascension, declination, and (of course) Tropical longitude. The declination of a star (or other point) shows the longitude over which it directly passes every day. The idea is that geographic locations with the same (say, within 1°) latitude as a star's declination will feel that star more or less permanently, and that transits to that star will trigger events distinctive to that geographic latitude.

Here are a few current stellar declinations. If this theory is true, it gives an entirely new way to investigate possible meanings or validities of fixed stars (e.g., what has happened in U.S. history when something has transited Vega).

Washington, DC 38N54
Vega 38N48 20°35' Sagittarius

New York, NY 40N43
Algol 41N01 1°26' Taurus

Los Angeles, CA 34N03
None
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Fixed Star declinations

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Can I find events with appropriate planets hitting 20°35' Sagittarius (Vega) for Washington or U.S. in general, or 1°26' Taurus (Algol) for NYC? - This is complicated by the U.S. chart having Sun at 21°31' Gemini and probable Ascendant 21°55' Virgo.

1993 World Trade Center bombing
Pluto stationary at 0°52' Scorpio

2001 Afghan War began
Sun 19°43' Virgo

Korean War began
Neptune 20°32' Virgo

That's it. Not a good showing. I checked hundreds of events (already had the base charts set up). I'm not optimistic for this. (I thought with Algol over NYC we would at least have something aspecting it on 9/11 for the "decapitation" of NYC but, no, nothing at all.)

So... feel free to experiment further and report back. This isn't enough to get me to take all day going through my catalogue of other major events.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com