Transiting Sun exact conjunct Sirius each year.

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
SteveS
Nabu
Re: Transiting Sun exact conjunct Sirius each year.

Post by SteveS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:22 pm

JFK Assassination
DC Q2 Sun/Regulus 11/22/1963 1:30 PM
Note:Q2 Moon partile cnj Q2 Mars
t. Sun partile 90 DC Sun/Regulus Aug 22 1963
t. Neptune partile cnj Q2 IC
Q2 for Assassination:
https://imgur.com/a/YTnhvzg

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Double-checking as requested: Sun-Regulus conjunction before Lincoln Assasination
SteveS wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:52 pm
Moon 180 (1,13) Saturn, Sun partile 90 Mars
Exactly. These are good. I do wish there were a relevant close angularity.

There is one bizarrely precise transit, though - so exact (as if setting off the chart) but, by itself, not saying anything specific. At the moment Lincoln died, transiting Moon at 21°06' Scorpio was 0°10' from this chart's Ascendant for Washington.
April 14 1865 DC Q2 10:15 PM for the day Lincoln was shot.

Q2 Sun partile 90 Q2 MC, with Sun partile 90 Mars with Mars 1,20 cnj Q2 MC
Enough to say, "It's about the king" (notice that it is Sun-Regulus square MC btw). I'd have liked better a transiting Mars than a natal Mars, but it's quite good looking a it as "the Sun-Mars square from the original chart came right to the angles."

This is a little hard to assess. On the one hand, Sun-Mars sounds exactly right for "violence against the king." OTOH while Sun-Saturn combinations are extremely common for leader deaths, Sun-Mars aspects are not. I am inclined, though, to take this as a pretty good showing.

I don't know whether to make anything of the fact that the Q2 Moon had just entered Aries (0°12' Aries). This would be important in an ingress because it would also mean that Moon also aspected Sun (which would be at 0° cardinal); but I don't know if we should regard it as meaning anything special here.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:32 pm

SteveS wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:22 pm
JFK Assassination
In the Sun-Regulus conjunction we have Moon conjunct Mars 2°44'. In DC, Neptune is conjunct WP 0°50' and Sun widely square Asc (2°23') - not bad.

For Dallas, nothing is angular but Moon opposes Jupiter 0°02' in mundo.

Transits to the DC chart had Sun barely conjunct Dsc (1°59') and transiting Neptune on WP 1°56'. (Oh, I see you have these below.)
DC Q2 Sun/Regulus 11/22/1963 1:30 PM
Note:Q2 Moon partile cnj Q2 Mars
t. Sun partile 90 DC Sun/Regulus Aug 22 1963
t. Neptune partile cnj Q2 IC
Yes, progressed Moon-Mars conjunction 0°09' and Q2 MC op. t Neptune 0°58'. No angularities for Dallas.

That Moon-Mars progression is quite impressive!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Gandhi's murder

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Sun-Regulus conjunction 8/23/47, 7"03"07 AM IST, New Delhi, India
Moon sq. Mercury (0°56') and Venus (2°07') - not fitting. Nothing angular.

Transits 1/30/48, 5:12 PM IST, New Delhi, India
t Venus conj. r Dsc 1°52' - not fitting

Q2 for murder
p MC sq. t Saturn 1°56', r Mercury 0°56' - Much better!

I note that Gandhi may be a poor example. His innate humility may be inconsistent with Regulus symbolism.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Nixon's resignation

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Sun-Regulus conjunction August 22, 1973, 11:30:55 PM EDT, Washington, DC
Jupiter on MC 0°12' (plus very widely foreground Mars & Neptune)
This was not a year when "the king" prospered and was exalted in Washington, DC, though this is what the chart suggests.

No transits for the resignation.

Q2 has:
p Moon sq. p Venus 0°16'
p MC op. t Venus 0°55', sq. t Uranus 1°42'
p Asc sq. t Mercury 0°29'

Not exactly impressive.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:45 am

Jim wrote:
I do wish there were a relevant close angularity.
Me too, makes me think one or two things.

1: The star's arc position is off several seconds. Do you entirely trust the sourced astronomy SF is using for the star's SZ position down to the exact second of arc?

2: Reverting back to your ISR guideline: When we find nothing close to the angles we rely heavily on Moon aspects allowing wider orbs in the radical chart, but partile 0,90,180 Moon aspects reign supreme. And maybe in the Regulus radical charts, we allow special attention on partile Sun 0,90,180 malefic aspects since we are dealing with Presidents, heads of states, kings, royalty and so forth.

A reserved conclusion with our limited research: ‘IF’ we are to accept the Sun/Regulus radical charts as a valid mundane chart for accessing ‘special’ death dangers to Presidents, I think we pay special attention to partile 0,90,180 Sun aspects to Mars & Saturn. And, when we see the p. Moon in the radical Regular chart close to a partile malefic 0,90,180 during the annual time frame, maybe pay more attention to the time frame when the aspect is partile. Actually, a no brainer.

I did note in the Sun/Regulus JFK Q chart there was a loose Saturn-Neptune rotational square, which is the par-excellent symbolic combo for “removals” for heads of states. I will press on with the other chart times/examples for Sun/Regulus radical charts when other important heads of state are murdered while occupying the office.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:58 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:45 am
1: The star's arc position is off several seconds. Do you entirely trust the sourced astronomy SF is using for the star's SZ position down to the exact second of arc?
That's an insightful question. My best answer is that this is a simple enough astronomical problem that anyone who has solved all the other math necessary to create Solar Fire surely should have it right. (It's like imagining they have Venus' longitude off, but much easier.)

I'm wondering if I have a way to check it. (If I had a copy of The Nautical Almanac out of storage, for a particular year, then it would be an easy check.) Let's try this, presuming the secondary source is accurate: Wikipedia lists Regulus A's position for 2000.0 as

RA 10:08:22.311 (152°05'35")
Dec 11N58'01"95"

(Regulus B is slightly different and, BTW, that makes a difference.) It's a little confusing because they head this data with the dual labels "Epoch J2000" and "Equinox J2000" which I take to mean different things (one as the beginning of 2000, one as vernal equinox northern hemisphere 2000)... but let's just keep going and see what we get.

For the UT beginning of 2000 (close enough the Besselian beginning), Solar Fire gives Regulus as 5°05'26" Leo, but that's all we have to the second of arc. It gives RA 152°05' which matches the above except for a rounding error (it may be truncating), Declination 11N58. These appear to be a match. If I recalculate for vernal equinox 2000 the (rounding?) error disappears and we get RA 152°06', latitude 11N58.

So, as far as we can take it, it's a match. The underlying data they would need is available enough that it would seem very strange for them to have messed it up. To put it differently: Even though they only display the RA and Dec to the minute of arc, they are definitely calculating it to the second or better and then rounding - there's no other reasonable way to do it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:46 am

I trust your expert analysis Jim for correct arc second star's position. I will allow primary symbolic emphasis to be placed on partile 0,90,180 Sun aspects with these DC Sun/Regulus charts with the Sun only symbolizing the President. Of course, I will allow angular pv mundane squares with Sun and malefics. Thanks Jim, I am in learning mode and your analysis is of great help with me and this thread.

So far, In this thread, I have only seen one chart with acute angular symbolism, and that was DC's 1929 Sun/Sirius radical with Moon-Mercury-Saturn, with partile 180 Moon-Saturn.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:32 am

Sun/Regulus DC Radical Chart: Aug 22 1901, 1:47:55 AM EST (President McKinley Murder):

https://imgur.com/a/Nrqitlq

Noting mundo Saturn 2,39 cnj DSC, partile Sun-Moon 90. 0,90,180 Sun-Moon aspects are indicative of meaningful events, and with Saturn angular in this Sun/Regulus chart, we read a Saturn themed event.

Now for the Q2 chart for the shooting Sept 6 1901 4:07 PM.

https://imgur.com/a/VsKI5OW

Noting: Q Sun 1 minute exact 90 Q Moon for the shooting event. Saturn partile cnj West Point in RA, partile 90 Q MC. Q Mars 2,17 cnj Nadir. Angular Mars and Saturn with this Q chart is par-excellent symbolism for the shooting. McKinley died 8 days later on Sept 14 from two gunshot wounds to the stomach.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 am

Sun/Regulus Sidereal Principles & Symbolism for the Assassination of President James A. Garfield. They are absolutely remarkable! After reviewing this Sun/Regulus radical chart and the extensions to this radical chart for the shooting, I now have no doubts in my mind the Sun/Regulus radical chart with its extension Sidereal Astrology Principles charts can foretell very malefic events (death) to rulers/presidents of nations. Somehow the ancient astrologers of earliest times knew Regulus symbolized any ruler of a nation.

First, the Sun/Regulus radical chart for DC the year of Garfield’s Assassination:

https://imgur.com/a/NdxKkl9

Note the Sun (President Garfield) receives a partile 120 from Saturn and a partile 90 from Pluto! With Jim’s book on Sidereal Mundane Astrology he has proven Pluto has to do with stunning/shocking mundane events. And we all know the symbolic effects of Saturn partile aspected to the Sun in this radical Sun/Regulus chart. Jim’s teachings has always told us how important the Moon is with Sidereal Astrology charting. Note the tight 180 Moon throws to Venus-Uranus in this radical chart. But more importantly, note that p. Sun/Regulus Moon will form a partile 180 to Sun/Regulus Mars within Sun/Regulus annual time period. Garfield was shot on July 2 1881 at 9:30 AM in DC. Below is the link to Sun/Regulus Q chart for July 2 1881 9:30 AM. It is astounding!

https://imgur.com/a/BSol66w

Note the partile 180 of Q Moon to Q Mars, tightly near the Q MC/IC axis! This chart so much reminds me of my Q chart which I posted not long ago with Q Moon partile 180 Q Mars on the exact day my Q MC/IC axis, when shots were fired at me with an attempted robbery with me making a large $ deposit as acting manger of a Multi-Plex Theater. Luckily, I had some prominent Jupiter going on with other charts, and was not murdered in this god awful Moon-Mars Q day I experienced in my life. Remember, JFK was murdered in a time frame when his Sun/Regulus progression for his assassination featured a partile Sun/Regulus p. Moon-Mars conjunction!

The transits for the day of Garfield’s shooting are no less remarkable!

https://imgur.com/a/KitsqF5

Note the Mars-Saturn conjunction in the heavens on the day of Garfield’s shooting (outside wheel), with t. Saturn partile cnj Sun/Regulus IC (inside wheel), with t. Mars 1,32 cnj Sun/Regulus IC.
Folks, we have Mr. James A. Eshelman to thank for teaching us the Principles of Sidereal Mundane Astrology, and for figuring out a way to get the exact transit of Sun down to the exact second of arc for a fixed Star with Solarfire, making it possible to explore t. Sun exact cnj a fixed Star, in this case Regulus ruling rulers of nations! This is a huge learning discovery in my astrology life and was timed by my current SLR below with SLR inside wheel and Natal outside wheel, proving again that “Timing is Everything!” Thank you Jim for working with me on this thread.

https://imgur.com/a/krAiqMF

Note in my current SLR, mundo Mercury is partile cnj my SLR Asc for learning and for me personally, a clear “Messenger from the Gods.” My Natal Moon partile cnj Mercury for an ‘outstanding incident’ SLR! Jim teaches us when our Natal Planets fall near or on Return Chart Angles, it shows how we will react to the Return itself. In my case I react as a very important personal (Sun) discovery (Uranus) in my Sidereal Astrology life. Note my Natal Sun on my SLR MC partile 90 my Natal Uranus cnj SLR West Point. This is the kind of stuff which floats my Sidereal Astrology Boat! :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Steve, this is pretty astounding! You're definitely on to something here.

I don't suppose you could find the next devastating "Lock him up!" symbolism in a Sun-Regulus conjunction for the U.S.? It would be an enormous favor to the world <vbg>.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:13 pm

I wonder if this is too much of a stretch of the use of this chart:

Can we read the 2016 Sun-Regulus conjunction as "What happened to the presidency itself?" Sun-Regulus squares Ascendant 0°33'. We then have:

MC 18°07' Leo
Neptune 15°57' Aquarius
(Antares 15°01' Scorpio)
Saturn 14°53' Scorpio
Mars 14°01' Scorpio

On August 22, 2017 we got the successor chart with continued erosion and confusion: Neptune 0°21' from EP with numerous other planets adding to it. In fact, we're on a Neptune role, where we have to concern ourselves with what else in addition to Neptune is angular in these charts. For 2018 we get Neptune 0°53' from MC, Saturn 2°27' from Dsc (mundane square is a little wide, 3°20'). Moon conjoins Mars 0°06' in mundo and progressed Moon reaches Mars ecliptically beginning in the next few days, reaching peak at Christmas Day 2018.

The 2019 chart then shows a change. Nothing is so close. A Jupiter-Neptune square is most angular but not so close. Moon squares Sun, Venus, and Mars, and will reach all of them by progression.

2020 is then back to stark confusion and disruption. Neptune is 0°54' from IC. Moon squares (with different degrees of closeness ecliptically and mundanely) Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto. Election Day, progressed Moon will be partile square Pluto.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:46 pm

FYI, I just posted the following on the Solunars page of Facebook:

One of my Solunars.com colleagues, SteveS, has been doing some fascinating work on the site using charts for the exact conjunction of Sun with specific fixed stars as mundane charts. It’s still in the early stages, but some of the results have been very impressive. It appears that these charts exist as “radical” by themselves and highly responsive to transits and progressions (including quotidian angles). I want to give you a couple of examples and then mention a serious threat that one of these charts shows to the current U.S. president in the near future. You can follow the thread from the beginning here: https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2684

This week, Steve has been examining the Sun-Regulus conjunction (hereafter called the “Regulus chart”) for deaths or other destructive crises of national leaders. For example, for the Kennedy assassination the Regulus chart had Sun and Neptune on angles and a Moon-Mars conjunction that progressed to 0°09' for the death. For President Garfield’s murder, the Regulus chart was primed with Sun partile aspecting Saturn and Pluto, then, again, an exact progressed Moon-Mars opposition (0°42') fell exactly on progressed (i.e., quotidian) angles and a transiting Mars-Saturn conjunction fell on the chart’s IC. And so forth.

If these charts are valid, they do not seem to show the PROSPERITY of the president. For example, the Regulus chart before Nixon’s resignation had an unafflicted Jupiter on MC. He hardly had a prosperous presidency! Astrologically vivid outcomes have been clearer for matters of the “ruler’s” person more than office.

I mention this now because his research made me wonder what these charts show for the well-being of the current president. I calculated the current Sun-Regulus conjunction, which occurred August 23, 2018, 2:07:51 AM EDT. Set it up for Washington, DC. I notice Neptune 0°53' from MC, Saturn 2°27' from Dsc. Saturn-Neptune combinations for presidents and kings are famous for marking abdications, resignations, removals, exclusions, and, more broadly, gruesome emotional suffering. Furthermore, Moon conjoins Mars 0°06' in mundo and progressed Moon reaches Mars ecliptically in the next few days, reaching peak (0°00’) at Christmas Day 2018.

Consider this a test of these charts. If the Sun-Regulus conjunction is indeed a viable chart for this type of prediction, then President Trump will meet an extreme, even disabling crisis at roughly Christmas Day, 2018. (Though Moon-Mars progressions have been exact for assassinations in the past, it doesn’t mean that every such Moon-Mars progression, like the one peaking December 25, will result in a murder.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 am

2018 Sun/Regulus Radical Chart

https://imgur.com/a/1Yeav5z

:o , I was going to ask you this morning for the time for 2018 Sun/Regulus chart. This 2018 Sun/Regulus chart is going to be a great test chart to see if Trump experiences any of the very harsh symbolism. I think Trump is already experiencing a-lot of its negative symbolism with election results and new attacks from other political sources. But that partile cnj Sun/Regulus p. Moon-Mars Xmas will be a supreme test. Also, we have a partile Moon-Mars in the Libsolar. We see the repeating angular Saturn-Neptune in the Sun/Regulus chart as in his current SSR, for potent “removal” influences. Also in Dec t-Saturn partile cnj his SSR Asc and partile 180 his SSR Moon. Very interesting Jim. Do you think Muller will ever be able to indict Trump? Is there a Grand Jury convened looking into Muller’s investigation on Trump? Can/will the House bring Trump up on impeachment charges, even knowing the Senate would more than likely vote against impeachment?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:57 am

I don't think the House will impeach unless they have support in the Senate, especially if Pelosi is confirmed as Speaker. That means that either there would b a shift of power in the Senate for reasons not yet known or the evidence against Trump is so overwhelming and egregious that Republican senators are lined up to vote against him.

No, I don't think Mueller will indict DT while Trump is in office because the FBI has an explicit policy/interpretation that a sitting president, in its opinion, cannot be indicted. Mueller is bound to follow that and, besides, his supervisor(s) will follow it. However, he can (and I think will) find ways to get his report to Congress, and I think he has a couple of other tricks. Personally, I think his best shot is to line up the evidence against Trump and then pivot and indict Trump's sons. This will deliver a sharp gut-blow that might get Trump to deal, plus it will likely (ahem) require that the evidence against Trump be disclosed because it's also evidence against the son(s).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:23 am

All I know is: Trump has a very malefic SSR. Two years ago I posted if Trump ever was going to be "removed" from office, the greatest threat would come with his Saturn-Neptune themed 2018 SSR. And now we see an angular Saturn-Neptune Sun/Regulus themed chart with that huge Moon-Mars progression looming. :shock:

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:46 am

You motivated me to look ahead toward Christmas to see what other conventional mundane techniques might have to say. I notice that we have a Mars-Neptune conjunction during part of December, and this might end up showing on something or other.

The December 11 Caplunar has Saturn rising (2°39'), Uranus on IC (1°52'), and a Saturn-Uranus mundane square 0°47'. Tense, difficult, something breaks. There is also what boils down to a Venus-Pluto effect in mundo:

Moon-Pluto conj. 3°10'
Moon-Venus sq. 2°41'
Venus-Pluto sq. 0°30'

The December 17 Arilunar is primarily a Uranus chart.

That brings us to the December 24 (Christmas Eve) Canlunar. It's a really nice chart. Venus rises in Libra. The one sneak is a mundane aspect one doesn't see unless one goes looking for it, a wide-ish Moon-Pluto opposition. One wouldn't expect a violent event to come out of this.

But, looking a little further - to the December 30 Liblunar - we get Mars rising (1°45'), Neptune just above Ascendant, and Moon opposite Uranus.

A slightly earlier Mars effect occurs - I would have caught it doing the new monthly forecast, but hadn't seen it yet. Mars transits across Cansolar Dsc December 26, opposing the rising Cansolar Moon December 27. There's a good chance these terribly important Bridge aspects will have a strong effect. Also, back on Christmas itself, transiting Sun conjoins Capsolar Saturn exactly on Capsolar IC!

So there are about three days - December 25-27 - that do concentrate a great deal of critical (assaultive, even) attention to the White House.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 am

The 116th Congress should be seated on January 3rd, probably around Noon after being sworn in, barring shenanigans by the current Congress.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:38 am

Yes, that's obvious trouble for him. It's still technically in range. But this seems much more concentrated in the earluer week.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:44 am

So he's going to hate his presents.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 am

Just broke: Jerome Corsi (a Trump and Stone associate) is in plea negotiations with Mueller.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 am

Jim, I ordered an update to SF 9(disk), should receive by end of week. I hope to get up to par with you on calculating Sun transits to fixed stars. :)

In the meantime, could you post me the time for the Sun transit Regulus for London in 1913 & 1914? Thanks.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:40 am

You may be surpassing me, since I', only on 8 :)

Are you looking for the start of World War I which, for England, was August 4? Sure.

August 22, 1913, 8:32:48 AM UT
August 22, 1914, 2:38:21 PM UT

Was there a monarch issue that year, or are you looking at the start of WW I? The Q2 of the 1913 chart has one starkly right factor: For the moment war was declared, transiting Mars was 0°09' from the London Q2 Ascendant. (This was actually a war-tending Venus-Mars conjunction on Asc, but with Mars closer.) But there isn't that much else - the chart itself, e.g., has Jupiter exactly angular.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am

Jim wrote:
You may be surpassing me, since I', only on 8.
I will never surpass you :) . What I fear, I will surpass my mental capabilities for getting all my customized tweaks implemented into version 9. I hate upgrades, because I don’t have the technical savvy to tweak all of my customized functions. But, I have got to have those exact Sun transits to the fixed stars to study some history.
Jim asked:
Are you looking for the start of World War I which, for England…
Yes, the Total Solar Eclipse shadow over England Aug 21 1914 tightly cnj Regulus intrigues me. But I want to look at the mundane charts for London when Sun exactly cnj Regulus in 1913 & 1914. I note there is a tight Saturn-Pluto cnj in the heavens on Aug 21 1914. We may also need to look at the exact Sun transit to Sirius in London for WW1, since the exact Sun transit to Sirius in London 1939 (WW11) featured Saturn-Pluto combo on the angles. We have another Saturn-Pluto cnj approaching in 2020-2021 :( .
Jim wrote:
Was there a monarch issue that year…
I think the Ferdinand assassination in Sarajevo June 28 1914 kick-- started WW1, but not sure.
Jim wrote:
The Q2 of the 1913 chart has one starkly right factor: For the moment war was declared, transiting Mars was 0°09' from the London Q2 Ascendant. (This was actually a war-tending Venus-Mars conjunction on Asc, but with Mars closer.)
Interesting! WW1 was one hellish war with millions loosing life, fitting symbolism for Saturn-Pluto.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am

SteveS wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 am
I will never surpass you :) . What I fear, I will surpass my mental capabilities for getting all my customized tweaks implemented into version 9. I hate upgrades, because I don’t have the technical savvy to tweak all of my customized functions. But, I have got to have those exact Sun transits to the fixed stars to study some history.
Before you upgrade, copy your Solar Fire User Files folder to another safe location. Then install all the way to the end. Then copy the saved User Files folder on top of the newly installed one. It should carry all (most? probably all) of your tweaks over.

In the worst case (if SF 9 isn't as flexible as early versions), this will break SF, in which case you can uninstall it and then reinstall it to get a clean copy. User support may then be able to help you move your customizations. But odds are close to 100% that what I first told you (immediately above) will take care of it.
I think the Ferdinand assassination in Sarajevo June 28 1914 kick-- started WW1, but not sure.
Right. It was under the 1913 chart. Here's the thread that gives the data and mundane analysis of that event: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1996

Particularly see the Arisolar (Quarter) and Canlunar (Week), then transiting Mars conjunct CapQ Moon + Saturn on a CanQ angle for the day.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

Will do Jim on copying user files before installing SF 9. Thanks.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:23 am

Jim, I received update of SF 9 last week, and with the help of my friend we went over your instruction for running exact transits to fixed stars (got it), and now can do lots of mundane research.

I ran in SF 9 the exact transit of Sun to Sirius, and calculated for New York, July 5, 1929, a time of 11:43:22 AM EDT. Will you double check with your SF Version and see if you get the same time of 11:43:22 AM. Thanks
Last edited by SteveS on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:47 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:23 am
I ran in SF 9 the exact transit of Sun to Sirius, and calculated for New York, Jan 5, 1929, a time of 11:43:22 AM EDT. Will you double check with your SF Version and see if you get the same time of 11:43:22 AM. Thanks
Of course. The first thing I notice is that, since Sirius is in Gemini, this can't occur in January but will always be in early July (but, since it's July 5), that was probably a typo.

On July 5, 1929, Sirius was at 19°20'51" Gemini. Sun conjoined this at 11:43:19 AM EDT, within 3 seconds of what you calculated..The 3 seconds could be a difference of the two SF versions or a difference in our working methods (I forget how I suggested you calculate this). Since Sun moves 0°00'01" in 25 seconds of time, I'm not too worried about a 3 second difference.

But, for the record, here's what I did: First, I calculated a chart for noon on July 5, 1929 to get the longitude of Sirius as 19°20'51" Gemini. Then, I calculated a solar return for Sun at that longitude. Then I checked, on the resulting chart, that Sun and Sirius were the same second of longitude.

You got it! (And it's a stunningly malefic chart for the economy.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:51 am

Ah, I see how you got 10:43:22. I used Dynamic Events to calculate a transit-to-transit aspect of Sun to Sirius for 1929 (Sun only under Transits, Sirius only under User, starting date 1/1/29 for one year). I get 11:43:22 instead of 11:43:19.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:54 am

Sorry Jim, yes I meant to write July 5th instead of Jan 5th. Yes, I have got it :D , and understand how we each got our 3 second difference. 8-)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 am

I think we can live with a 0°01' difference on the angles from two different ways of calculating this :)

On July 5, 1929, Sun moved 0°57'13" in one day, or 3,433". That means that in 0:00:03 of time (3/86,400 of the day, since there are 86,400 seconds of time in the day), Sun moves 0.1" of arc.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com