A new dimension to SUN in ingress charts

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
A new dimension to SUN in ingress charts

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 am

Today, and for the next few days, I have the chance to learn something new and perhaps substantial : It may be time to reassess (expand) the role of Sun in mundane astrology.

What we know so far mostly centers around Sun as ego-center or "executive function" of a nation or region. Most of the time, it just means the president personally, or the government (especially executive) more broadly. (This generalizes to other "authority" figures elsewhere.) With national disasters (among other situations), it tends to show the government's unusual presence, e.g., FEMA response, plus areas (fire, banking, aviation) where there is considerable regulation and after-event involvement - all sorts of situations where it is much more obvious that the government is present and looking over your shoulder. (In times of political restructuring, the relative strength of Moon and Sun shows whether "voice of the people" or "hand of the leaders" is stronger at the moment.)

There are other broad solar themes as well, especially the idea of "spotlight," or shining intense attention on something or some place; and, of course, Sun's tendency simply to activate or intensify another planet.

That's what we've known to date. Now I have a whole other dimension to consider.

I have finished a first draft (and all the math tabulation) of a collection of "good events" analyzed by SMA techniques. JSAD started gathering these a few years back, and we have enough to act on (more than we have for a couple of other categories that have been studied), Historically, most of the attention has been on tragedies with predictable dominance of malefic planets on angles, with benefics among the least-often angular. We always needed to do enough positive events to that this malefic-dominance wasn't a statistical artifact (e.g., some hitherto undiscovered reason that Mars and Saturn spent more time on angles than other planets).

I am happy to announce that the limited experiment is quite successful! I intentionally packed the list with events that were successes for love, cause of celebration, involved people incredibly happy and cheering, and made folks generally respond, "Whew, I am SO glad things worked out that way." Specifically, I have four Supreme Court decisions involving different marriage rights victories, Woodstock and Live Aid, and the trio of Buchenwald' liberation, Baby Jessica being saved, and the Sullenberger landing.

Notice that most of these events also led to more people having sex in the immediate aftermath :)

I'll have graphs and pictures later, but I can say that Venus, Jupiter, and Uranus are three of the four most-angular planets; Mars, Saturn, and Neptune are three of the four least-angular planets; Jupiter has the most Moon aspects; and Mars, Saturn, and Neptune have the fewest Moon aspects. Even for a small set of events, this is a quite remarkable grouping!

Ah, but there is one big (to me) surprise...

SUN is also at the top of the list!

For angularity, Uranus, Venus, and Jupiter are the second, third, and fourth most angular planets, but Sun is most angular. For Moon aspects, Jupiter has the most but Sun is right behind it with second-most. For angularity and Moon aspects combined, Sun is the leader with Jupiter a close second, Uranus next, then Venus (tied with Pluto). For daily timing specifically (quotidian contacts and transits to solar ingress angles), Sun has almost twice the hits of the #2 planet.

The question is: What is Sun's contribution?

I have no trouble catching the spirit of, "What a glorious sunny day, everything's beautiful!" Except... that isn't typical of when we've seen Sun in mundane astrology in the past, and if I were to apply that sort of interpretation to most of the events cataloged for angular Sun, it would be quite wrong.

Either this is a flip-side that needs to be noted, or there is a different theme or principle that both halves of solar phenomena have in common. I don't think it's the "authorities" theme even with the "somebody tell us how it's going to be" characteristic of the four Supreme Court cases. Historically important court cases tend to have Jupiter involvements and no unusual amount of Sun.

It's not the aspects. (I briefly thought it might be that Sun was foreground and aspecting benefics.) None of the leading foreground aspects involve Sun.

So it's a mystery to be solved. Feel free to jump in with ideas. (I'll have a preliminary report available in a few days.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: A new dimension to SUN in ingress charts

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 am

I should look to see if any of the events do not have a solar prominence. This might help identify distinctions. I'll go ahead and list where it IS active in the various events. (I'll just focus on angular Sun, ignoring Moon-Sun aspects for now. BTW, Moon-Sun might be a separate issue since it is quite explicitly involved for the marriage decisions.)

Buchenwald liberation: Sun Q-angular for the day.
Woodstock: Sun again for the day.
Live Aid: Sun-Jupiter for the year, Sun for the month, three Suns for the day. Live Aid was a very significant solar event!
Baby Jessica saved: No Sun angularities. (One Moon-Sun aspect for the day.) This distinguishes that event (which was more a media circus than anything else) from the others!
Sullenberger: Sun in the brand new Capsolar, two Suns for the day.
Loving v. Virginia: Sun just for the day (and a key Moon-Sun progression).
Hollinigsworth v. Perry: Sun closely angular for the year only. That makes it one of the less solar events in the group.
Baskin v. Bogan: Sun angular for the quarter, two Suns for the day (some Moon-Sun aspects).
Obergefell decision (final gay marriage rights confirmed): No angular Suns.

That might give something to help sort it out. What I see at a glance is that, of this overall solar group of events, Live Aid was the most solar, Baby Jessica and Obergefell were the least solar, and Sun angular for the DAY is the really obvious presence - it might be the real phenomenon here.

To check this easily enough, I'll retabulate angular planets just from solar and lunar ingresses, ignoring the daily timing. We get the following: Notice that Sun drops from first place to 6th place, meaning that this isn't angular Sun per se, but DAILY technique angular Sun. (Jupiter has similar behavior for massacres.)

7: Moon, Pluto
6: Venus, Jupiter, Uranus
5: Sun
4: Saturn
2: Mars
1: Mercury, Neptune
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:53 am

For sure Jim--I will look for this Sun feature with selecting/choosing musical venues to attend in the future. :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Huh. When the sun is behind you run a line from the sun through the back of your head, out your eyes, to the shadow of your head on the ground in front of you. This is the axis around which any rainbow you might see has to be centered. Someone standing right next to you may also see a rainbow, but it's their own rainbow, not the same as the one you see.

As long as there's enough water vapor in the air to refract the light from the sun, you get a rainbow and you get a rainbow and you get a rainbow. It's a collective experience that's a little different for each person. Much like a spiritual experience in a group. Everybody experiences something a little different, but it's a collective, shared experience.

I guess disasters like 911 and Oklahoma City (this is the anniversary) can have the same effect.