U.S. President Administration charts

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
U.S. President Administration charts

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:06 pm

It has long been postulated that the chart for the commencement of a president's administration is a valid "natal" chart predicting circumstances that occur during that administration. I've seen a few of them that seemed interesting. I thought it worth undertaking a more systematic exploration.

I will only use events that seem capable of arising out of the office of president of the United States and other circumstances set in motion by the assumption of office. Thus, a natural disaster is not suitable for this study, though a nation's actions in response to the natural disaster might be.

Several theoretical problems present themselves. Let me get several of them out of the way at once: Other than in the event of successorship to the presidency by the death or resignation of a seated POTUS, the commencement of an administration is defined by law. It doesn't matter what time the new president takes the oath of office (for example), the term of office currently commences on January 20 at exactly noon.

I would argue that the administration of a vice president rising to the presidency through death or resignation of the president commences at the moment of the president's death, not the moment an oath is taken. This is debatable. Sometimes, this brings a question of location, e.g., with Coolidge and Lyndon Johnson, though, even in these cases, the chart would relocate to Washington soon after.

George Washington was inaugurated in New York City, April 30, 1789. However, the term officially began March 4, the day the U.S. Constitution first took effect. .

Presidents thereafter were inaugurated on March 4 of the year following their election, until Dwight Eisenhower. This was formalized in the 12th Amendment, ratified June 15, 1804 during the term of the third president, Thomas Jefferson.

Consequent to the 20th Amendment, the term of office (beginning with Eisenhower) now begins at noon on January 20 of the year following election.

There is a question of whether a president's second term gives birth to a new Administration chart. I will explore this.

There is a question of whether a successor president's assumption of office constitutes a new astrological start, or the continuation of the elected president's term. I will explore this.

For each event, I will assess:
1. The symbolism of the Administration chart itself.
2. Transits to the Administration chart.
3. Quotidian progressions of the Administration chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: U.S. President Administration charts

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:06 pm

As one test of whether the first inauguration of a multi-term president persists throughout all successor terms, I will check events in the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt, beginning with Roosevelt's death.

President Roosevelt's first term began in Washington, DC, at noon on March 4, 1933.

President Roosevelt died in office April 12, 1945, 3:35 PM CWT, Warm Springs, GA.

Administration Chart
The Administration chart has the seeds of a presidential death. Of course, all of these charts have Sun at Midheaven. Aside from that, a 1°01' Mars-Neptune conjunction occurs within about 4° of IC, with Neptune partile to IC and Mars in close mundane opposition to Sun.

Transits
t. Uranus sq. r. Mars +33'
t. Jupiter conj. r. Jupiter -04'
t. Mars conj. r. Sun +41'
t. Sun sq. r. Pluto +58'
I would say that this is quite descriptive of the event and the means.

Quotidian
p. Dsc conj. p. Saturn (0°04') [This is all the proof I need!]
p. Neptune op. r. MC -02'
p. Venus op. p. Jupiter -46'
p. Venus sq. r. Moon -05'

I am persuaded that this chart survived through all four terms.

For comparison, I also need to check the start of Roosevelt's last term, noon on March 4, 1945 [ERROR: It was January 20. Re-do.], a little more than a month before his death.

Administration Chart
A 1°30' Moon-Mars square stands out. Because of War Time, Sun is not on MC, but squares Ascendant (is on Zenith). Uranus is widely foreground; but, overall, it is not all that convincing.

Transits
Excluding slow planet transits to themselves, we find:
t. Pluto -45- r. Jupiter -48'
t. Neptune sq. r. Saturn +45'
t. Uranus -45- r. Venus -46'
-- t. Venus conj. r. Venus +57'
t. Saturn sq. r. Neptune -30'
t. Mars conj. r. Sun +49'
This isn't bad, though neither is it great.

Quotidian
p. MC op. r. Neptune -53', t. Neptune -30'
p. EP conj. r. Saturn -52'
I'm sold!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:07 pm

SteveS wrote:I will check Bill Clinton's Jan 20th starts--both 1st and 2nd terms. Monica incident should show-up if these charts are valid. My memory is not what it use to be--but it seems I remember an astrologer in AA mag. looking at these charts and seeing the Monica mess. I am going to be out of town tomorrow--if I have time may do tonight but if you finish Roosevelt and have time before me, please take a look Bill Clinton starts if you think this would be appropriate for a test.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Harry Truman's presidency began, by law, at the moment Franklin Roosevelt died, April 12 1945, 4:35 PM CWT, Washington, DC. Is it this chart, or the continuation of the original Roosevelt administration, or the continuation of the 1945 commencement of Truman's vice presidency that marked best the most dramatic moment of his presidency, the dropping of an atomic bomb on Hiroshima?

Let us begin with this chart, for the moment of Roosevelt's death.

Administration chart
This is definitely a war chart, and one related to great explosive power. It is also a chart of victory and triumph, promising the end of war and commencement of peace: Mars is 1°35' below Dsc, Jupiter 2°43' below Asc, and Uranus 3°29' off MC. Mars and Uranus are square (1°54' in mundo). Moon conjoins Venus (0°17').

Transits
t. Uranus sq. r. Asc +41'
t. Mars -45- r. Mercury +22'
This is all correct so far as it goes, though not really impressive.

Quotidian
p. WP op. r. Saturn (+1°08')
p. Asc sq. r. Jupiter (-1°10')
(These exactly balance to a 01' orb. Saturn for the horror, Jupiter for the triumph.)
p. Asc op. t. Uranus (1°21')

This persuades me that the chart for the moment Truman became president is radical. In contrast, the 1945 inauguration chart, when Truman became VP, has Venus angular in the quotidian. The first Roosevelt administration chart had transiting Venus conjoin its Ascendant, though it does have the benefit of t. Uranus conj. r. Moon.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Jupiter Sets At Dawn wrote:According to the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, Harry Truman was sworn in in the Cabinet Room of the White House just two hours after receiving news of the President's death. According to Wikipedia, the ceremony was at 7 PM. The ceremony was over by 7:08 PM.
This page has a lot of timing information, including that Truman arrived at the White House at 5:25 PM, but may have been told the president had died soon after 5 PM when he was about to relax with a drink after finishing his day's duties at the Senate, but was asked to call the White House first.
At 7:08 p.m., minutes after being sworn in – although it was Roosevelt’s death, not the ceremony, that made him president – Truman convened a cabinet meeting.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Jupiter Sets At Dawn wrote:According to the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, Harry Truman was sworn in in the Cabinet Room of the White House just two hours after receiving news of the President's death. According to Wikipedia, the ceremony was at 7 PM. The ceremony was over by 7:08 PM.
Thanks. I submit, though, that, by law, his term of office began the minute President Roosevelt died, not when he took the oath.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:08 pm

With these things learned, let's look at the rest of the presidential deaths.

William Henry Harrison's administration began March 4, 1841, noon, Washington. He died April 4, 1841, 0:30 AM, Washington, DC.

Administration chart
In addition to Moon square Mars (0°03'), Saturn was 0°17' from Dsc with Sun 4°12' from MC. This is a classic "death of president" chart.

Transits
t. Uranus -135- r. Moon +57'
-- t. Uranus -135- r. Mars +54'
t. Saturn conj. r. Dsc +30'
t. Jupiter sq. r. Uranus -06'
t. Mars -45- r. Jupiter -41'
The Jupiter-Uranus transit is obscure. The rest of this is quite descriptive, especially the exact Saturn crossing of Descendant, fulfilling a promise declared on inauguration day itself when he fell ill.

Quotidian
p. MC conj. t. Sun 46'
This is exacting, though not very impressive, especially since Sun would have stayed close to MC for weeks.

Zachary Taylor's term began March 4, 1849, noon, Washington. He died July 9, 1850, 10:35 AM.

Administration chart
Other than the ubiquitous Sun on MC, this chart doesn't speak of the president's death per se. Moon squares Uranus 0°31', but that's all.

Transits
t. Pluto conj. r. Venus -38'
-- t. Pluto -45- r. Sun +43'
-- t. Uranus conj. r. Venus -24'
-- t. Uranus -45- r. Sun +57'
t. Saturn conj. r. Uranus +22'
-- t. Saturn sq. r. Moon +53'
t. Jupiter -135- r. Mars -10'
t. Mars op. r. Neptune -36'
t. Sun -135- r. Neptune -45'
t. Mercury sq. r. Saturn +29'

Quotidian
p. WP conj. r. Uranus (0°18'), conj. t. Saturn (1°19')
p. MC conj. t. Sun (0°09')
-- Sun-Saturn sq. (1°27' RA)

The James A. Garfield administration began March 4, 1881, noon, Washington. He was shot July 2, 1881, 9:30 AM, Washington, DC, and died September 19, 1881, 10:20 PM, Jersey Shore.

Administration chart
Once again, the Administration chart has a close Moon-Mars square (1°36'). Sun opposes Uranus along the meridian (Uranus 1°08' from IC). This is at least adequate.

Transits (shooting)
t. Uranus op. r. MC -35'
t. Uranus -135- r. Saturn -41'
t. Mars sq. r. Mars +39'
-- t. Mars conj. r. Moon -57'
t. Sun -45- r. Pluto -44'
-- t. Venus conj. r. Pluto -57'
t. Mercury sq. r. Venus +44'
(This is quite excellent!)

Quotidian (shooting)
p. Moon conj. p. Neptune +56'
p. MC conj. t. Sun 35'
(Adequate but so-so.)

Transits (death)
t. Uranus op. r. Sun +42'
-- t. Uranus -135- r. Venus -16'
t. Saturn conj. r. Neptune -12'
-- t. Mars -45- r. Neptune +54'
-- t. Sun -135- r. Neptune +15'
-- t. Sun sq. t. Mars -39'
t. Saturn -45- r. Mercury +53'
t. Jupiter conj. r. Pluto -19'
(This is excellent!)

Quotidian (death)
p. Asc sq. r. Uranus +21'
p. WP conj. t. Mars 1°57'
t. Neptune conj. p. Moon +34'

William McKinley's first administration began March 4, 1897, noon, Washington, with a second term beginning March 4, 1901. He was shot September 6, 1901, 4:07 PM, Buffalo, NY, and died September 14, 1901, 2:15 AM, Buffalo, NY. (All charts are for Washington.)

I will start with factors for his first administration:

Administration chart
Pluto conjoins EP (0°59'), square the culminating Sun. Mars and Neptune are in partile conjunction, widely foreground, squared by a foreground Jupiter. It looks like a mundane chart for the death of a president.

Transits (shot)
t. Neptune conj. r. Asc +09'
-- t. Moon conj. r. Asc -35'
-- Moon-Neptune conj. -44'
t. Uranus op. r. EP +52'
t. Sun op. r. Sun -56' ***
t. Mercury sq. r. Mars -09'
*** The Demi-SSR is "see it to believe it" good. Mars on MC 1°56' in mundane square to Moon 2°50' from Dsc, Saturn 2°24' from Asc, the Moon-Saturn alone being only 0°18'.

Quotidian (shot)
p. Asc conj. r. Saturn 1°21
-- p. Asc sq. r. Jupiter 1°25''
p. MC sq. r. Neptune 0°56'
p. EP op. t. Pluto 0°49'
-- t. Pluto sq. p. Sun 0°19'
p. Moon sq. r. Mercury 0°10'

Transits (died)
t. Neptune conj. r. Asc +15'
t. Uranus op. r. EP +60'
t. Venus -135- r. Pluto -37'

Quotidian (died)
p. MC sq. p. Mars 0°10'
p. Moon sq. p. Mercury 0°04'
t. Pluto sq. p. Sun -19'

Next, we'll compare this to his second term chart:

Administration chart
Not as indicative of the event. Neptune (and a Moon-Neptune mundane square) sit closest to the angles, along with Sun and Jupiter (in partile square), and a little Pluto. Barely adequate.

Transits (shot)
t. Neptune conj. r. Asc (1°05')
-- t. Moon conj. r. Asc (0°21')
t. Uranus op. r. EP (1°49')
(NOTE: This all would have been true for any inauguration chart of the era.)
t. Sun op. r., Sun (0°05') ***
*** This Demi-SSR occurred the same day, with the Moon-Neptune conjunction intact and setting. Overall, though, it is disappointing, with Venus culminating and Jupiter reaching into the foreground.

Quotidian (shot)
p. MC conj. p. Moon -17', sq. t. Uranus 37'
-- t. Uranus sq. r. Moon +20'
p. Asc sq. r. Mars 0°00', sq. r. Venus 34' (p. Venus 4')
p. EP conj. r. Uranus 1°55'
p. Moon op. r. Sun 0°49'
p. MC conj. r. Sun 1°11'
-- t. Sun conj. p. Moon +54'
(It fills the bill.)

Transits (death)
t. Neptune conj. r. Asc 1°11'
t. Uranus sq. r. Sun -21'

Quotidian (death)
p. Asc sq. r. Moon 1°32'
p. Sun op. p. Moon 34'
p MC conj. t. Sun 29'
t. Uranus sq. p. Moon +13'

CONCLUSION: The second term inauguration chart shows the event adequately, but the first term inauguration chart shows it much better.

Warren G. Harding's term began March 4, 1921, noon, Washington. he died August 2, 1923, 7:35 PM PST, San Francisco, CA. All charts below are for Washington.

Administration chart
The chart is not overly indicative of a president's death (but, then, we've come to expect this with Harding). Mercury is most angular, and there is a Sun-Jupiter-Pluto tight mundane T-square in the foreground and some Uranus. We do have a mundane Moon-Saturn square, 1°39'. (Relocating to San Francisco does not improve it; quite the opposite.)

Transits
t. Saturn op. r. Mars +22'
t. Mars conj. r. Neptune 0°00'
t. Venus -45- r. Jupiter +16'
(For an event that normally shows badly, this is quite extraordinary.)

Quotidian
p. Moon sex. p. Mars -03'
t. Uranus conj. p. Sun +53'

John F. Kennedy's term began January 20, 1961, noon, Washington, DC. He died November 22 1963, 12:30 PM CST, Dallas, TX.

Administration chart
Neptune is 0°16' from Dsc, with the usual foreground Sun. We could add a widely foreground Saturn; but I think the message here is deception, intrigue, and mystery. Mundanely, Moon opposes Pluto 2°32'.

Transits
t. Saturn -135- r. Mars +31'
t. Moon sq. r. Neptune +02'
(Overall, this is quite disappointing. The few aspects are exactly right, though the sense of building is absent, it just doesn't feel like the usual sort of event. Nonetheless, one can't argue with the aspects that are there. NB Relocating to Dallas produces a much worse chart.)

Quotidian
p. Asc conj. p. Mercury 58', conj. t. Saturn 1°24', sq. t. Neptune -01'
p. Venus sex. p. Jupiter +49'
p. Moon sex. r. Mars +33', p. Mars -01'
(The Moon-Mars aspect is exact to within a minute, as is angle to Neptune. Both are on target.)

Richard M. Nixon's term began January 20, 1969, noon, Washington. Hissecond inauguration was the same in 1973. He resigned effective August 9, 1974, noon, Washington. Using his fist inauguration:

Administration chart
He came in during war, and it was a warring term. Besides the usual widely foreground Sun, Mars is 0°23' from Dsc. Pluto is barely foreground. I don't know that this describes the ultimate outcome of his presidency, wherein both the Vice President, and then the President, resign from office amidst scandal.

Transits
t. Pluto conj. r. Uranus _52'
t. Saturn -135- r. Neptune 0°00'
t. Jupiter -45- r. Sun +35'
t. Sun op. r. Mercury +33'
(For the most part, this is descriptive.)

Quotidian
p. Asc conj. r. Mars 1°06'
p. Sun -120- p. r. Jupiter +04'
p. Moon sq. r. Mercury +10'
t. Sun sq. p Moon +23'
(Overall, I consider this far too positive and friendly despite the Mars.)

Ronald Reagan's term began January 20, 1981, noon, Washington. He was shot in an attempted murder March 30, 1981, 2:27 PM, Washington, DC.

Administration chart
A Mercury-Mars conjunction squares Ascendant. Pluto is 4° above Descendant. Add Sun and Uranus foreground. It's not bad.

Transits
t. Mars op. r. Jupiter +15', r. Saturn +50'
t. Sun op. r Saturn +14', r. Jupiter -21'
t. Sun -45- r. Sun +49'

Quotidian
p. Asc sq. r. Pluto 1°24', t. Pluto 0°24'
p. MC conj. t. Venus 1°15', op. t. Saturn +39'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:09 pm

The Bush v. Gore decision was handed down by the Supreme Court December 12, 2000 (estimated 10 AM) in Washington. I think this has never been examined as an event in (and consequent to) the Clinton administration.

Bill Clinton's administration began January 20, 1993, noon, Washington, and was renewed in 1997. Beginning with his first term:

Administration chart
I don't see that this event is consequent to the original inauguration. There isn't much in that chart besides Sun and Mercury being foreground in partile mundane conjunction.

Transits
t. Pluto -45- r. Mercury -46'
-- t. Mercury -45- r. Mercury -13'
t. Uranus conj. r. Saturn -50'
t. Saturn op. r. Pluto +29'
t. Jupiter -135- r. Uranus +19', r. Neptune +02'
(Not bad - some appropriate aspects, in fact, though a mixed bag. This occurred almost exactly at a Demi-SLR of the inauguration chart, but the Demi-SLR had only a Venus-Neptune conjunction square MC.)

Quotidian
p. Asc conj. p. Venus 07'
p. Moon sq. r. Mars 34'

Let's compare this to his second term, which began in 1997.

Administration chart
This was, among other things, a much more embarrassing term, and the chart shows it: Neptune is < 3° from MC, with Sun and Jupiter closely conjunct in the foreground as well. It might show the event under discussion, but only vaguely.

Transits
t. Pluto -45- r. Neptune +23'
-- t. Mercury conj. r. Neptune +59'
t. Neptune conj. r. Uranus +15'
t. Jupiter op. r. Pluto -48'
-- t. Venus conj. r. Uranus +31'
(I'm not sure that this describes the event.)

Quotidian
p. Asc sq. t. Sun 1°50'
t. Neptune conj. p. Sun 0°00'
(The indications are week, except that the 00' orb of Neptune to Sun is striking.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

SteveS wrote:I will check Bill Clinton's Jan 20th starts--both 1st and 2nd terms.
Steve, I just saw this - it slipped in between two of my posts and I missed it. Notice that I looked at the Clinton admin charts under the Bush v. Gore decision. His first term inauguration chart was pretty boring. The second term inauguration chart can be read as severe embarrassment or scandal.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

SteveS wrote:Jim wrote:
The second term inauguration chart can be read as severe embarrassment or scandal.
Yes, that's the way I read it with Neptune culminating then a tight Mars-Saturn 180 showing very malefic energy with the ridiculous impeachment proceedings. Since this Mars-Saturn 180 was not foreground probably accounted for the impeachment proceedings being dropped.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

SteveS wrote:I always enjoyed reading Clay Reed’s articles in AA, they were interesting. Clay wrote some articles about unscheduled Oath of Offices for the Prez of US. This thread is about his 1992 AA article for Andrew Johnson’s inauguration.
The following links gives the time and dates for Andrew Johnson’s Oath of the Presidency and Senate’s first Vote for Impeachment of a Prez in US history. The impeachment vote fell short by one vote, but the Q1 quotidian for this vote is very interesting calculated from Johnson’s Oath radical.
Oath of Office April 15th, 1865 10:00 AM LMT
Impeachment Vote: May 16th 1868, 1:00 PM LMT
https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/hi ... chment.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaugurat ... ew_Johnson
First Chart: Johnson’s Oath of Office: Note foreground partile 90 of Mars-Neptune, but just as important, note Sun 02,47 Ari 180 Saturn 04,15 Lib. Sun-Saturn combo’s reign supreme for a ruler (Sun) being separated from office.
Next post is the quotidian chart for vote of impeachment.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm

SteveS wrote:Tri-Wheel for May 16, 1868 Senate vote for Johnson’s impeachment, 1:00 PM LMT, DC. Inner wheel (progressed quotidian), Middle wheel (Oath of Office radical), Outer Wheel (Transits).
Note NQ1 MC, 3,45 Ari, partile cnj Oath of Office Sun, partile cnj t. Mars. Also note NQ1 Moon at 0,28 Cap t-squaring this Sun-Saturn t. Mars axis. I also find the 1868 Aries Solar Ingress very interesting, which I will post in next post. Very impressive Sidereal Astrology & SMA here.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:11 pm

SteveS wrote:I always enjoyed reading Clay Reed’s articles in AA, they were interesting.
I don't know the name. Didn't you say he was writing primarily in the '90s? I had stopped reading AA in the late '80s, and have seen almost no issues in the late '80s and through the '90s.
Clay wrote some articles about unscheduled Oath of Offices for the Prez of US.
This is an interesting topic, so thanks for posting it. (I'll react/respond to each as it comes through.) So far, my view is that the oath doesn't have anything to do with someone becoming president. That's actually the legal truth - they become president at a certain moment independent of the oath (and then are also required to take the oath). It's possible I'm wrong about this (we don't have a lot of examples of out-of-rhythm presidential oaths), or that the oath is another event that triggers something. But your posts will give a chance to dig into this.

Going on my best view up to this moment, I would have said that Johnson became president, and the Johnson administration began, the minute Lincoln died - April 15, 7:22 AM LMT, Washington, DC. This is true as a matter of law, and doesn't require an act by Johnson or even his knowledge for it to be true. Maybe I'll do some-by-side comparisons.
The impeachment vote fell short by one vote, but the Q1 quotidian for this vote is very interesting calculated from Johnson’s Oath radical.
Oath of Office April 15th, 1865 10:00 AM LMT
Impeachment Vote: May 16th 1868, 1:00 PM LMT
Having no confidence in the Q1, my first reaction is to be skeptical; then I realize that, in the course of three years, the difference might be small. OK, to start digging...

The firsts thing I notice is that, comparing the impeachment vote to the moment of Lincoln's death (simple transits) t Saturn is just over 1° from Dsc, t Pluto is conjunct its EP. Regardless of the time of day used for the administration, transiting Mars conjoined Administration Sun the day the vote was taken.

In contrast, comparing the vote chart to the Oath chart, t Venus is a little more than 1° from its ascendant. I'm not sure whether I favor a slightly wide Venus as "happy day for the administration" (I doubt it felt like a party!), or favor the slightly wide Saturn and Pluto as, "coming under attack that just fell short." I think I like the sound of the latter better.

Checking the SNQ (I'm using the Q2) for the vote from the Lincoln Death chart for the administration... Y'know, it's said that, "They who live by the sword, die by the sword;" and in astrology we often come up against the reality that the aspects which end one thing form the birth chart of its successor. Lincoln's administration ended with his assassination under a partile Mars-Neptune square, typical of the end of presidential administrations (by their death, or Nixon's resignation). (There was also the wider Sun-Saturn opposition, critical in mundane and personal charts for the assassination.) Mars and Neptune at Lincoln's death were, respectively, at 15°16' Gemini and 15°49' Pisces. The SNQ2 from that moment to the impeachment vote had Ascendant 14°58' Gemini, exactly triggering the "end this presidency" aspect, and giving enough tension and jitters for a whole room full of politicians.

I must admit that, for the chart you used, the Q1 was a better it, since the Q2 MC was 7°00' Aries.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 pm

How about lunar returns for the administration charts?

The SLR for the Lincoln Death version of the Johnson administration chart has the two "president killer: aspects right on the angles:
23°06' Pis Neptune
27°35' Vir Asc
27°44' Pis Mars

2°41' Ari r Sun
4°16' Lib r Saturn
4°30' Lib EP

The SLR from the Oath chart for the administration isn't bad either, though it gets some of the same stuff from a different angle (literally), but with a little softening:

9°56' Leo MC
10°33' Sco Saturn

21°55' Ari r Mercury
22°44' Ari Pluto
25°43' Ari Sun
28°54' Lib Asc
2°50' Tau r Venus

This is fascinating!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am

Jim wrote:
I don't know the name. Didn't you say he was writing primarily in the '90s? I had stopped reading AA in the late '80s, and have seen almost no issues in the late '80s and through the '90s.
Yes, as far as I know, primarily in the 90s, his articles were titled, “Astrology for the ‘90s.” Matthew was very impressed with Clay’s articles, and Matthew was the one who brought my attention to Clay’s articles. There is much technically, I still don’t understand from Clay’s articles, it would take a mind like yours to fully understand where Clay was coming from with his work on progressions with his conclusions. Clay was very impressed with the Boyd chart, comparing Boyd’s hits to other USA charts, but as far as I know Clay never offered his full research comparing the different USA charts. Here is one of Clay’s writings on the Boyd chart:
In the well- tested “Boyd” chart for the USA (based on the Declaration of War, July 6, 1775, 11:00 AM, LMT, Philadelphia), radical Pluto’s Right Ascension (RA) is 298,26 and radical Sun’s RA is 105,49 (plus or minus 0.1 degrees per 2.4 hours of rectification error). At the rate of slightly more than 58’58.3 of RA per year (see October column), as of the moment Hiroshima was bombed, the Boyd planetary lines had “advanced” westward 167.17 degrees of RA by primary progression. Thus, the primary progressed radical Sun-Midheaven line had “moved” to RAMC 298.32---only four minutes of arc from radical Pluto’s Midheaven line! (Technically: at the known or unknown location of radical Pluto’s culmination, the Midheaven had progressed to the radical Sun.)
Exact the very month of the A-Bombs, this quasi—C*C*G conjunction of primary Sun to radical Pluto is incredible. But that’s not all! Though the above indicator isn’t contingent on the perfect accuracy of the Boyd rectification (even if the chart is off by 23 hours, the conjunction is partile), if the 11:00 AM timing is correct, the progression to Pluto’s Midheaven line occurred down longitude 133E39; Hiroshima is on 132e25!
IMO, I think we need to pay more attention to the Boyd Chart combined with SMA, considering we have a Prez who’s relocated Mars and Asc to DC is near partile.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am
IMO, I think we need to pay more attention to the Boyd Chart combined with SMA, considering we have a Prez who’s relocated Mars and Asc to DC is near partile.
Interesting point! Pick (from a list of the viable) the chart most aligned with that of the current president.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 am

Recent discussions in another thread distracted me this morning to this thread.
Jim wrote:
Richard Murakami was a Siderealist with a gift for data research and an instinct for mundane prediction in the '50s and '60s. He wrote the American Astrology U.S. forecast for a while. Fagan and Bradley both cite him from time to time. He was completely sold on the importance of the U.S. president's administration chart (inauguration).
Spot checking ones that popped into my mind.
1: Fourth Inauguration for FDR, Jan 20, 1945, 12:00 PM, DC
Mars partile cnj MC: Atomic Bomb dropped on Hiroshima Japan Aug 6th, 1945
2: Trump Inauguration Jan 20, 2017, 12:00 PM, DC
Mundo Moon 1,33 cnj Dsc—exact 135 Mars, clear angular theme for this Inauguration chart. Never in my life have I seen such emotional anger involving a particular Inauguration/Prez.
3: 2021 Inauguration Jan 20:
Mundo angular themes Moon-Mars-Uranus-Pluto, with Pluto transiting partile cnj MC for most of year. S.P Moon partile cnj Mars-Uranus during Inauguration year. No matter who is elected Prez, probably the most volatile symbolic Inauguration Chart in the entire history of USA. This very malefic Inauguration chart dove-tails the 2021 Capsolar which I have confirmed with my own historic research is the most destructive Capsolar in USA history, Mars partile cnj MC, partile 90 Saturn, with t. Saturn hitting partile cnj Capsolar Dsc for several weeks. 2021 Cansolar features a partile Moon-90 Pluto.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

SteveS wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 am
That occurred under the Truman administration, which began (according to law) the moment President Roosevelt died. The Truman administration chart would be calculated for April 12, 1945, 4:35 PM EWT, Washington, DC.

It is indeed explosively violent:
Mars on Dsc +1°35'
Jupiter on Asc -2°43'
Uranus on MC +3°29'
-- Mars sq. Uranus 1°54' in mundo

Against this (or perhaps supporting it, since this action ended a long war), the chart has a 0°17' Moon-Venus conjunction (but in Aries - quite a mix of peace and war symbolism).

Interestingly, transiting Uranus (which culminated over Hiroshima when the bomb was dropped) squared the Truman Administration Ascendant 0°41' for that event.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 pm

SteveS wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 am
Oh. I almost missed the bigger calculation error: For U.S. history prior to 1953, presidential inaugurations were March 4. FDR's 4th administration began March 4, 1945, 12:00 PM, Washington, DC. (It's primary war indication was a close Moon-Mars square.)

As I recall (without rereading all of the above), the general impression I was forming was that the first inauguration chart persisted as long as the same person was president, but subsequent administration charts for that president overlay it, much as a demi-return might overlay or co-exist with a primary return. FDR's first administration began March 4, 1933, 12:00 PM, Washington, DC.

Transits to the 4th administration chart for FDR's death are not all that distinctive or persuasive to me. There are aspects that fit, of course, but not so distinctly. (Partile, excluding outer planets to themselves, include Neptune sq. r Saturn, Uranus sq. r Asc, Saturn sq. r Neptune, Venus conj. r Venus, Sun conj. r Mars). But transits at FDR's death to his first administration chart are much more interesting to me:

t Pluto sq. r Sun 0°58'
t Neptune conj. r Asc 0°16'
t Jupiter conj. r Jupiter 0°04'
t Mars conj. r Uranus 0°33'
t Sun conj. r Mars 0°42'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:33 am

Jim, thanks for correcting my error with the 1945 Inauguration, and for the additional information with these Inaugurations. I think these Inaugurations Charts may help us combined with SMA's Capsolars/Solar Ingresses.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:59 am

Roosevelt's first term began on March 4, 1933. But due to the adoption of thetwentieth amendment in 1933, his subsequent terms began on January 20. Eisenhower was first President whose initial inauguration was January 20. For Truman's second term and Roosevelt's second, third, and fourth term, January 20 is the correct date.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:24 am

Oops. Thanks for the correction, Mike. I'd missed that the 20th Amendment ratification date was 23 January 1933. (Of the administration charts I'd worked with, I'd only worked with Roosevelt's 1st and 4th, and it looks like I got his 4th wrong.)

Sorry, Steve. You were right on the 1945 inauguration date. War was still raging and Mars was exactly on MC. (However, Hiroshima occurred in the Truman administration.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks Mike & Jim for the clarification.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 am

I should just sit down right now and calculate the remainder of all the administration charts. I had only done 22 of them for my preliminary digging above, I might as well complete the chart file. Off to do the rest!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:33 am

8-)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 am

Throwing questions out as they come up, for whoever knows or can find the answer.

George Washington's first inauguration was April 30, 1789 in New York City. Does anyone know if it was noon? (I have to dig back through the constitution to see what was mandated, though some of it may have been by statute under the old government. Primary question is whether this date was set by law as when the term began, or if another date was specified by law independent of when the inauguration occurred.)

UPDATE: I just confirmed that March 4 was mandated by the Constitution, but the event was delayed because Congress didn't get the votes counted in time. I would argue that the administration may have run from March 4, noon, regardless - for astrological purposes - but this should be tested against events in Washington's first term. I still would like to know if anyone has a time for the oath. (I admit the March 4 chart is a much more severe chart and would likely have marked a failed administration. The April 30 chart is not only presidential but precedental, if it occurred at noon.)

Additionally, I think after his first inauguration the capital moved back to Philadelphia, which would be the location of his second inauguration. Confirmation, anyone?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 am

John Adams... was inauguration in Philadelphia? I can't confirm.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Lincoln assasination

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:22 am

Since I just calculated Lincoln's administration charts, I'll pause and check them for his assassination. He died April 15, 1865, 7:22 AM LMT, in Washington, DC. His first inauguration was at noon on March 4, 1861, and the second one on the same date in 1865.

Administration Chart
The chart itself is rather basic: Sun is at MC, with Moon and Saturn 7-8° off angles. Of possible interest and importance is a foreground Moon-Saturn partile mundane square, certainly representative of the great emotional tragedies during his presidency. Mercury conjoins Neptune, Mars conjoins Pluto.

Transits
t Uranus op. r Moon 40'
-- t Uranus oct. r Mars 57'
t Jupiter sq. r Neptune 27'
t Mercury oct. r Mercury 55'
t Moon sq. r Sun 15', op. EP 37'

Not bad. The surprise violence is shown etc. I'm not crazy about Jupiter to Neptune, but will be generous and observe the event occurred in a theater.

Quotidian
p Asc sq. r Mars 0°01'

It doesn't get more exacting than that <OMG sheesh>.

Administration Chart
The new second administration chart, from just over a month earlier has Sun at MC as always but, this time, squared by a partile Moon-Mars conjunction. Jupiter opposes Uranus a few degrees off the horizon. It captures the basic themes in the sense of a return chart describing the period.

Transits
t Pluto oct. r Jupiter 55' [but it was there in the inaug chart already]
t Uranus op. r Jupiter 14', oct. r Pluto 23' [again, already in inaug chart]
t Mars sq. r Neptune 60' [bingo!]
t Moon sq. r Sun 14', oct. r Saturn 51'

This is good!

Quotidian
p Moon-Mars conj. 51' [It had passed exact in the weeks between]
p MC conj. t Sun 07' [too wide to get t Saturn]

Not great, and not pinpointing the day.

This, of course, means that the administration of (later impeached) President Andrew Johnson began the moment Lincoln died, and is most distinctively marked by Pluto exactly square MC and a background Sun-Saturn opposition.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Readers may find this link instructive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... auguration

Note: when the date is given as March 5 or January 21, this indicates a public inauguration on Monday, as it is not the custom to conduct the ceremony on Sunday. But in each case, the President-elect took the oath privately the day before, and repeated the oath at the public ceremony. The second oath was only symbolic, the first oath was what made the President-elect into the President.

The March 4 date was not in the constitution, it was in a law passed by the Congress of the United States under the Articles of Confederation, which stipulated that the terms of the President, Vice-President, Senators, and Representatives under the new Constitution would commence at noon, March 4, 1789. As Jim noted, Washington's first inauguration was 57 days late.

It was believed that for congress to change the March 4 date would be unconstitutional, as it would result in a Presidential term of less than four years in the term in which it became effective, hence the need for a constitutional amendment. Notice FDR's first term is from March 4,1933 to January 20,1937, which is 3 years 323 days.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks.

I don't think the oath has anything to do with it, BTW. I think the law defines the moment someone becomes president. The oath only determines when they have power to act as president. But the administration begins from the moment law says it does.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:14 pm

With regard to the question of when the administration of a Vice-President who succeeds to the Presidency, Article II, Section 8 of the Constitution says: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

OTOH, Amendment XXV, Section 1 says: In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

So I could argue the case either way when the term begins.
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Our posts crossed, Jim. I'm leaning toward your view, with the reservation that Washington's first term legally began March 4, 1789 at noon, which produced a very inauspicious chart as you indicated.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

mikestar13 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:14 pm
With regard to the question of when the administration of a Vice-President who succeeds to the Presidency, Article II, Section 8 of the Constitution says: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

OTOH, Amendment XXV, Section 1 says: In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

So I could argue the case either way when the term begins.
As above, I distinguish become the separate stages of becoming president and being authorized to exercise the power of the president. The new administration of a vice president begins the instant the prior president dies, resigns, or is removed from office However, until the oath is taken, the new president can't do anything official.

For example, whenever someone suggests Trump just might get reelected in 2020, I fantasize that the inauguration set up will run a little longer than planned and at, say, 12:03 PM he'll be ready to take the oath of office. As of 12:00 his old term of office ended and, as a reelected candidate he is president but, at that moment, has no power to act as one. In walks Mueller to put on the handcuffs just as he is about to place his hand on the Bible :lol:
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu May 21, 2020 8:57 am

Natal Quotidians (NQ2) for President's Inaugurations have proven their worth in research for future daily events for a President's Inauguration Chart (Jan 20, 2017, 12:00 Noon Washington DC). A most interesting Trump's NQ2 Inauguration set-up progressed to Nov 3 2020 Election Night, 11:00 PM:

NQ2 Moon 29,33 Scorpio
NQ2 Saturn 28,53 Scorpio
Trump's Sun 28,56 Taurus

NQ2 ASC 00,32 Cap
t. Saturn 01,22 Cap
t. Mercury 00,53 Lib
Trump's Venus 01,45 Can

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:57 am
Natal Quotidians (NQ2) for President's Inaugurations have proven their worth in research for future daily events for a President's Inauguration Chart (Jan 20, 2017, 12:00 Noon Washington DC). A most interesting Trump's NQ2 Inauguration set-up progressed to Nov 3 2020 Election Night, 11:00 PM:

NQ2 Moon 29,33 Scorpio
NQ2 Saturn 28,53 Scorpio
Trump's Sun 28,56 Taurus

NQ2 ASC 00,32 Cap
t. Saturn 01,22 Cap
t. Mercury 00,53 Lib
Trump's Venus 01,45 Can
Good observation. I think I posted this earlier except not with Trump's natals included - which makes it really interesting. (Don't forget inauguration Mars at 29°23' Aquarius.

We don't have a lot of evidence on how these work, but we do have some, including Richard Murakami's work with administration charts published in Spica (which, as you know, is free for everyone to download from this site). The administration chart seems a valid tool for the lifespan of the administration and its critical events.

I wonder what (if anything) will happen around October 15 (interestingly immediately before the dangerous looking Libsolar) when the Moon-Saturn progressed conjunction is exact. Three days later, SNQ MC squares transiting Saturn. Progressed Moon conjoins natal Saturn October 4
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu May 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Jim wrote:
(Don't forget inauguration Mars at 29°23' Aquarius.
Indeed, which offers the 2017 Inauguration's partile set-up of:
I Mars 29,23 Aqu
I Saturn 28,32 Scorpio
Trump's Sun 28,56 Taurus

Jim wrote:
The administration chart seems a valid tool for the lifespan of the administration and its critical events.
I do believe its a valid tool for possible "critical events" and when we note t. Pluto will be partile cnj 2021 Inauguration MC for many months (off/on), and then note 2021 Mundo Inauguration Chart with a near foreground of a tight cnj of Moon-Mars-Uranus--- :shock: Then realizing the World will be experiencing t. Pluto partile cnj Capsolar Sun for many months :shock: ...

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Trump's Inauguration progressed to Washington riots

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:10 pm

Yesterday (1/6/21), at 1 PM, Congress met to certify the Electoral College votes. About the same time, President Trump held a rally openly inciting his supporters to march on the Capitol. They did, temporarily occupying it, vandalizing it. So far, four people have died.

Using 2 PM as a convenient time, I thought I'd progress the Trump Administration chart. The SNQ is remarkable!

21°39' Sag - t Sun
22°045' Sag - SNQ MC
22°38' Sag - r Pluto

25°02' Pis - SNQ EP
25°48' Pis - r Uranus

4°54' Ari - t Mars
5°00' Ari - SNQ Asc

1°40' Sag - p Moon
2°21' Pis - p Mars

But strangely:

1°40' Sag - p Moon
2°38' Sag - t Venus