Where Do I start?

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member
Where Do I start?

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 am

I want to do Mundane Astrology where do I start...Oh and I am new here so glad I found you guys. I was referred here by a member from another astrology forum.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Where Do I start?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:15 am

Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 am
I want to do Mundane Astrology where do I start...Oh and I am new here so glad I found you guys. I was referred here by a member from another astrology forum.
Phillip, welcome to Solunars. If you're ready to dive in deep, I suggest you download a copy of my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology from the link here - and then ask questions:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4017

The book is large - over 1,000 pages - and it gets dense. I suggest you don't try to read it straight through. A few pages in is a paragraph headed "Navigating this book" that suggest what to read first and how to make your way through the hundreds of examples.

Enjoy!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am

More lost now than I was before I got here...

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:01 am

Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:28 am
More lost now than I was before I got here...
Phillip, do you want to say more? Did I say something that confused you?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am

You said you wanted to do "mundane astrology." Would you define what you mean by that?

It could mean predicting earthquakes and hurricanes.
It could mean looking at parans.
It could mean relocation.
It could mean looking only at the angles.
It could mean looking at houses.

It could mean something else entirely that I can't think of just this minute.

So what is it you're looking for?

We lost you (or lost you worse than you were lost already.) We'd really like to help find you.

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:25 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:08 am
You said you wanted to do "mundane astrology." Would you define what you mean by that?

It could mean predicting earthquakes and hurricanes.
It could mean looking at parans.
It could mean relocation.
It could mean looking only at the angles.
It could mean looking at houses.

It could mean something else entirely that I can't think of just this minute.

So what is it you're looking for?

We lost you (or lost you worse than you were lost already.) We'd really like to help find you.
Political, Natural Disasters, Asteroids etc.. All that doom and gloom stuff....

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:31 am

Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:25 am
Then my suggestion above (which I see you've taken: downloading the free book) was the right recommendation.

I just wasn't clear why you then became more confused and wondered if it was something I said.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:46 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:31 am
Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:25 am
Then my suggestion above (which I see you've taken: downloading the free book) was the right recommendation.

I just wasn't clear why you then became more confused and wondered if it was something I said.
Still lost..What is the book going to tell me? I have done read a half dozen books on this (mundane) and still do not know anymore than I did..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm

Well, gosh... you asked where you should start to learn about mundane astrology. I recommended the book that I think is exactly where you should start to learn about mundane astrology, especially if you study it according to the "navigating this book" recommendations.

Is there a slightly different question that I'm not getting? Or is there a different kind of help that would be more useful to you? I'm quite open to further specific questions.

On the one question you asked ("I want to do Mundane Astrology where do I start"), Chapters 1-3 lay the foundation, Chapter 4 discusses the working principles using the specific methods that were set up, Chapter 5 (that you might skip) describes advances uncovered after the core system was identified, Chapters 6 is more of a short useful note, Chapter 7 is (I think) a great example of how to pull things together and the astrologer's place in the results, and Chapter 8 gives basic interpretations to use. The next 23 chapters discuss specific types of events (such as those that you say interest you), and I suggest you just read the "Profile" section at the start of each until you decide what chapters you want to deep-dive.

Chapter 33 is mostly statistical and documents why priorities of the different types of charts have been defined the way they have. Of the seven appendices, C and D are the most important on a first read, F is a handy reference for particular kinds of events, and G gives some interesting statistical tabulations.

I think if you read and digest the preliminary chapters, ask questions, and carefully study those "event" chapters that most interest you, you will be far past "where do I start?".

And, as mentioned, I'm open to other questions that perhaps I've failed to answer thus far.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm

There is no question you failed to answer..You answered what I ask..I cannot afford solar flare what is a good free one for a Mac?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm

Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm
There is no question you failed to answer..You answered what I ask..I cannot afford solar flare what is a good free one for a Mac?
I make a point of never being on or near a Mac computer, so I really don't know. (I see an occasional thread where this is discussed and the impression is get is (1) there is no fully satisfactory solution other than running Windows emulation on the Mac and (2) there are a couple of apps that have a following.) Some others here may have some specific suggestions.

You can also use Astro.com to do a lot of things - free chart calculation. I'm not sure if there is a satisfactory way to calculate ingresses. Jupiter Sets At Dawn knows the site better than probably anyone else here.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm
Phillip Redfern wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm
I make a point of never being on or near a Mac computer, so I really don't know. (I see an occasional thread where this is discussed and the impression is get is (1) there is no fully satisfactory solution other than running Windows emulation on the Mac and (2) there are a couple of apps that have a following.) Some others here may have some specific suggestions.

You can also use Astro.com to do a lot of things - free chart calculation. I'm not sure if there is a satisfactory way to calculate ingresses. Jupiter Sets At Dawn knows the site better than probably anyone else here.
I make a point of never being on or near a Mac computer, so I really don't know
I am the same way with a Windows machine so we have something in common....Oh well not getting anywhere with this and I am done wasting time on it...I will just use a bowl of water, easier and nothing to remember..Thanks for all the help.

If you delete accounts you can delete mine if not I just sign out and not come back..Thanks for the help.