RESEARCH High Temperature Extremes

Listing of mundane astrology studies undertaken & reports written, collated in one place. Feel free to download any of the items offered (no charge).
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
RESEARCH High Temperature Extremes

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 7:05 pm

In the 2011 World Almanac, p. 315, I found a table of record high temperatures in each continent plus Oceana. I give here the results of Caplunars for the 8 events.

This is only a pilot study, and a very small one at that. I find the following interesting points.

Out of 8 events, the Moon was foreground 4 times, though two of those were rather wide.

Out of 8 events, Mars was on an angle three times. I haven't worked out the numbers, but this is surely very significant (within the bounds of the small sample size).

Similarly, Pluto was foreground three times (though once was wide). This would be expected for "record breaking.")

The Antarctica event is interesting. Venus and Jupiter were foreground. As a one-off analysis, I note that a high temperature extreme in Antarctica likely corresponds to increased precipitation.

These are only Caplunars. I will do the weekly lunars also.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: RESEARCH High Temperature Extremes

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm

The weekly lunars were mostly disappointing. I'm not sure anything was found here.

Angularities were all over the place - a random-seeming hodgepodge. Two things require remarks:

Pluto was foreground in 4 of the 8 incidents. This matches the idea of record-breaking.

Venus was foreground or angular in 5 of the 8. This doesn't match any result in the Caplunars, so I remain skeptical that it would be replicated. Nonetheless, I report it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: RESEARCH High Temperature Extremes

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 10, 2017 8:12 pm

The weekly lunars were mostly disappointing. I'm not sure anything was found here.

Angularities were all over the place - a random-seeming hodgepodge. Two things require remarks:

Pluto was foreground in 4 of the 8 incidents. This matches the idea of record-breaking.

Venus was foreground or angular in 5 of the 8. This doesn't match any result in the Caplunars, so I remain skeptical that it would be replicated. Nonetheless, I report it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com