2020 February events

Analyses of distinct mundane events, using the methods of Sidereal mundane astrology
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
2020 February events

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:23 am

So much happening this last week and yet few thing that actually boil down to concrete events in the usual categories - so I'd forgotten to start the new thread. Here it is.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Thailand shooting spree

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:25 am

Feb 8, 2020, 10:00 AM, Korat, Thailand (Nakhon Ratchasima Province)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nakh ... a_shooting

In Thailand,a soldier killed his superior officer and then went on a shooting spree. At least 20 people are dead so far and at least 31 others injured. He broadcast himself on Facebook Live while he was doing this. He remains at large.

The event began at the military base, then he drove nine miles to the mall in Korat. Wikipedia gives the timing as 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM (presumably the first was when he shot his commanding officer, the last is when he stopped shooting up the mall after several hours). I'll use 10:00 AM for the analysis.

Year: Capsolar {+2}
(Obvious "authority issues")
Sun on IC 1°20'
Mercury sq. Asc 0°45' (IC 2°15')
Saturn on IC 3°12
Pluto on IC 3°20'

Uranus is more widely angular
-- Saturn-Pluto conj. 0°07' in mundo
-- Me/Sa on IC 0°28'
-- Me/Pl n IC 0°32'
-- Sun-Saturn conj. 1°52' in mundo
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 1°59' in mundo
-- Sun-Mercury conj. 3°14'
-- -- -- Su/Me on IC 0°28'

Bridge {+2}
t Saturn op. s MC or sq. s Asc Jan 25 to Mar 16

Month: Caplunar {?}
(Superficially seems to misfit. It would help to know the motives etc.)
Jupiter on MC 0°25'
Moon-Saturn conj. 0°53'
Moon-Pluto conj. 1°51'
Moon-Uranus sq. 2°32' in mundo

Week: Canlunar (Dormant.) Moon-Saturn Moon-Pluto.
Week: Arilunar (Dormant.) Moon-Saturn Moon-Pluto.

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits {+2}
p MC op. t Sun 0°17'
-------------------------
t Saturn op. s MC 0°31'
-- t Saturn conj. s Sun 0°50'
t Venus op. s Moon 0°42'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian {+2}
p MC sq. s Pluto 0°34'
p EP conj. s Saturn 0°17'

NOTE: On a day that the asteroid Juno was stationary, it conjoined CanQ MC 0°16'. If Juno has meaning, and has the meaning usually attributed to it, I now might wonder if the CO was sleeping with the shooter's wife.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Haunau, Germany shootings

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm

February 19, 2020, about 10:00 PM, Hanau, Germany, 50N07'59", 8E54'48"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Hanau_shootings

Nine people killed and at least eight others injured by one or more shooters. The first shootings were at "a bar favored by immigrants"; the others were nearby. BBC and AP gave the time as about 10:00 PM local time.

Several suspects are sought. One has been apprehended.

UPDATE (2/20): The Jupiter theme I suspected is now evident: The bars in question were "favored by immigrants" and the shooters are being characterized as having "right-wing extremist, racist motives," as Chancellor Merkel said. NYTimes characterizes the primary shooter as "driven by racism and diffuse conspiracy theories [and] ethnic hatred." One suspect and his mother have now been found "shot dead" in the shooter's apartment early this morning.

The shootings began as Moon and Pluto were on IC, Jupiter square Asc, and Venus setting.

Year: Capsolar {+2}
Saturn on WP 0°13'
Pluto on WP 0°22'
Mercury sq. MC 1°07'
Sun on WP 1°46'
Uranus more widely foreground
-- Saturn-Pluto conj. 0°09' in RA
-- Sun-Mercury conj. 1°03' in mundo
-- Sun-Saturn conj. 1°25' in mundo
-- Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°28' in mundo
-- Sun-Pluto conj. 2°06' in mundo
-- Mercury-Pluto conj. 3°09' in mundo

Bridge {+3}
t Pluto op. Capsolar EP all year
t Saturn on Capsolar angles 1/15-3/11
t Mars sq. Capsolar or CapQ Moon February 16-21

Month: Caplunar {+2}
I suspect a Jupiter motive will be involved. Everything else is perfect, so I give +2.
Mars on Asc 1°48' [sq. non-foreground Neptune 2°47']
Venus sq. Asc 0°51' [conj. non-foreground Neptune 3°39' in mundo]
Jupiter sq. MC 1°42'
-- Venus-Mars sq. 1°30'
Moon-Saturn conj. 0°06' PVP
Moon-Pluto conj. 1°41' in mundo
Moon-Sun conj. 3°22' in mundo

Week: Liblunar {0}
Sun on Dsc 1°57'
Uranus widely foreground
-- Sun-Jupiter sq. 1°18' PVP
Moon-Pluto sq. 1°12'
Moon-Saturn sq. 1°27'
-- Mo = Sa/Pl 0°07'

Day: Capsolar Quotidian & Transits {+3}
t Mars sq. p Moon 0°05'
p Asc sq. s Mars 0°09'
p MC sq. s Venus 0°21', t Sun 1°21'
----------------------------------------
t Pluto conj. s WP 0°50'
t Saturn sq. s MC 0°00'

Day: Cansolar Quotidian {+2}
p Asc sq. s Pluto 1°44', p Venus 1°53', t Moon 1°52'
p MC conj. s Sun +1°02', op. t Saturn -1°05'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

OMG Trump's people are seriously going after the Judge in the Stone Case.

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:55 am

Trump says Stone is getting 40 months for trying to protect Trump.

Stone is getting 40 months for threatening to kill a witness.

So of course the judge has to be corrupt.

Who wants to bet on how long after he's sentenced Trump will pardon Stone?

I'm saying hours, not days.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: 2020 February events

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:27 am

Hey, I'm not taking that bet :) I'm not that foolish.

What's strange to me is... why hasn't he pardoned him already? He's been found guilty - that part is done. He doesn't have to wait for a sentence, which becomes moot if the crime is dissolved. - He'd have to wait for sentencing if he's only going to commute the sentence, but not for a pardon. (Perhaps it's to have a better story about the "corrupt" judge?)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: 2020 February events

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:54 am

He may not know he can pardon him now. He waited till Arpaio was sentenced. I donno maybe he thinks it's more dramatic.

I know NYS has enough on Stone to put him away for 20 years. So I hope they arrest him at his press conference gloating on being pardoned by Trump, but they probably will wait till after the election.

Oooh. Oooh. The caucus doors are closing in Nevada.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Dow drops nearly 1000 points

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:17 am

At opening today, the DJIA dropped nearly a thousand points (and currently is 760 point down).

This is not a U.S.-specific effect but, rather, a world phenomenon. South Korea and Italy markets floundered over the weekend because of Wuhan coronavirus surges, and the world is reacting to that in general. Nonetheless, historically significant shifts like this do also show in U.S. charts as a local effect.

Both the Capsolar and Caplunar for Washington are laden with the Saturn-Pluto conjunction with a luminary on an angle. Transiting Saturn is conjunct the Washington Capsolar MC, for which I wrote in the monthly forecast:
This important aspect must not be underestimated. Great tragedies have occurred under Saturn's transit to Capsolar MC of a place, which anticipates a great tragedy for the United States or, perhaps, for its head of state. Loss of life, property, and hope is in the air.
At the very least, it's a tough aspect! It's greater impact is because, concurrently, Saturn conjoins Capsolar Mercury worldwide.

The CapQ and CanQ are both very Mars-driven right now - with exact events yesterday and tomorrow, all having 2° orbs so, roughly, a plus-minus two-day reach. For example, CapQ EP for Washington is currently just leaving opposition to ingress Mars as CapQ MC just moves into orb of the square. With transiting Mercury square the Mars, this will be a day of frayed nerves, a sense of alarm, and enormous, rapid-fire activity, though that is no reason to think this is a permanent wound to the market. (It's just what happened today.)

NYC doesn't yet have Saturn on its Capsolar MC. Steve et al., you might want to make a note to watch transiting Saturn reach 5° Capricorn, the NYC MC, for market-specific impact.

Just for the record - since Tropical mundane astrologers will be looking at yesterday' New Moon chart for answers - there is nothing particularly going on in the chart for Washington. However, it's worth noting that the New Moon is exactly square Asc for NYC, which accurately highlights a geographic location for stirred activity today.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Kobe Bryant memorial

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:24 am

When Kobe Bryant and his daughter died last month, everyone wanted to know the impact on LA and the charts were rather quiet. Today, though, the whole city is turning out, on 2/24, for Kobe who wore jersey 24 and his daughter who wore #2. Events start at the Staples Center at 10 AM.

Los Angeles is under an angular Neptune for the year - EP of Capsolar 0°03' - but that's been the case every year for many years. The current Caplunar is harsh - Mars on EP 0°24' (I don't know that it fits).

Though labelled a celebration for life, the mourners will definitely be out today: CapQ MC for LA is 1° which puts ingress Sun with transiting Saturn and Pluto atop it on CapQ MC, a city's mourning of its stellar, solar hero.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Weinstein

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 am

Weinstein guilty on criminal sexual assualt and rape in 3rd degree.
NOT guilty on predatory sexual assualt on either account and NOT guilty on 1st degree rape.

He could still spend 10 to 20 years in prison. But probably not.