Therefore, in 2023, the Capsolar is all about "somewhere else." For Washington, it will receive transits as always, but it doesn't have a statement of its own, on its face. - To make any kind of forecast on it for 2023, we need to look at other parts of the world.
For example, the Capsolar identifies patterns in specific parts of the U.S.
- MARS sets on an arc from California's central coast (San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles) across California through Fresno, mid-Nevada, Idaho, and Montana. Obviously, these are the most vulnerable fire zones for the year.
- NEPTUNE anticulminates through northern California and inland parts of Oregon and Washington, on the longitude of Sacramento, inland from Portland and Seattle. This is fire zone also, with greater earthquake concern in the California parts. (It is also angular from New Mexico to northern Minnesota.)
- PLUTO squares MC through New Orleans and due north, including Memphis and central Illinois-Wisconsin. In New Orleans, in the past this has signaled high impact of tropical storms, perhaps with weakening storm moving due north through Mississippi and western Tennessee.
- JUPITER is on IC through Phoenix and Salt Lake City. This line of longitude gets a break this year and has unusually positive, prospering conditions. - Jupiter squares Ascendant through Texas (expect prosperity but also flooding from tropical storms), through the heart of Missouri and through Milwaukee, including areas that have been hurting economically in recent years and are likely to flourish this year. San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas do best in Texas.
- URANUS anticulminates through the western edge of New England not far from NYC but closer to the longitude of Burlington. VENUS squares MC in a similar area. This should be upbeat, fun, and progressive.
- MOON culminates at the longitude of Chicago-Milwaukee, reaching down along the Indiana-Illinois border through western Kentucy and Tennessee and west-central Alabama.
- MERCURY rises on a curve from Chicago to the easternmost gulf corner of Texas. The Moon-Mercury intersection in Chicago suggests a significant development there, perhaps a significant announcement or publication from the University of Chicago. It is also angular through the line of the Rockies from western New Mexico and Colorado, then further north.
- SUN is angular through the longitude of Little Rock, from Louisiana north to the western tip of Minnesota.
- SATURN culminates through Kyiv. It will be a terrible year for Ukraine with hardship and deprivations and, perhaps, with ultimate loss. The line continues south through Turkey and Cairo then along eastern Africa, with a MARS-SATURN intersection in Sudan making it one of the most tragic spots for the year. In Asia, Saturn sets across eastern China including Hong Kong before passing through Indonesia and west-central Australia. Saturn is also angular across eastern France, passing through both Paris and London: Is this shared economic hardship or spill-over from Russia's actions in Ukraine? - These areas are all high on the list of loss, deprivation, and hardship for the year.
- MARS mostly slices between Korea and southern Japan not quite hitting either (but suggesting that the Sea of Japan and East China Sea may become centers of military escalation). It continues south through Australia where it intersects Saturn on the south coast near Nullarbor. Brazil seems afire (with particular concerns for friends near Porto Allegre and deep inland). As discussed above, Mars sets across the U.S. west, marking out heavy fire zones. It then marks an unusual line of war or other violence across much of Europe, rising on a curve including Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Belgium, southern Germany, and Puglia before moving across Egypt to Kenya where terrible violence has become the rule rather than the exception. Baghdad is squarely hit by Mars.
- NEPTUNE wanders around vague parts of the globe but sets through eastern Australia, including Sydney and not far from Canberra. (Melbourne gets another Neptune line.) Sydney may experience flooding; the government will be sent into an unusual tailspin (perhaps related to scandal or disclosures) before the year is out; and the area (which has experienced more than its share of disease and weather "waves" in recent years) will be going through similar craziness again.
- PLUTO's main impact is by intersection with Mars in Netherlands, but it continues south through Lyons and Marseille. (The Burgundy and Rhone wine regions will have unusual, perhaps unprecedented developments, though these are likely to be adverse climate impact. See SATURN above.) Pluto angular in eastern India, western Nepal, and Bangladesh hints at severe weather (earthquakes, tornadoes, and tropical storms, depending on the specific area).
- JUPITER brings unexpected good tidings to Afghanistan and Pakistan (unless it means accelerated theocracy). Other than that (and the American West), it mostly hits ocean. Reykjavik is near a convergence of many lines, but Jupiter is strongest.
- VENUS-URANUS (which are in close square this year) are angular through eastern Europe, on a north-south line west of Athens and east of Warsaw. This is surprisingly positive in an area otherwise lined with sorrow. Social revolution (including style, splash, and liberalizing social views) likely will emerge from here, but also that sort of pivotal event that is looked back on years later as an event of high social importance. (This may reach to South Africa.) A very exact Venus-Uranus convergence in Vietnam singles out southeast Asia for some sort of social reform wave, though the angularities extend through much of China also. - Adding Neptune to the mix near Warsaw will get just plain weird.