2020 Prez Election

Developing & testing the application of Sidereal Mundane Astrology to Picking Winners in sports competitions.
SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
2020 Prez Election

Post by SteveS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 am

May be early but I found these Vegas Odds somewhat interesting out of over 30 speculative candidates for 2020 Prez.

Trump +140
The closest candidate in second place for Prez is Bernie Sanders at +1000

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: 2020 Prez Election

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:34 am

That's somewhere between terrifying and disgusting.

Of course, going with the rule that one doesn't try to determine a winner until you know who's running, there is still the great hope of removing him from consideration long before that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 am

BTW, news is just out that Mueller has asked the judge to hold George Papadopoulos' sentencing on September 7. That's a very strange datum - not sure why so exacting a request. However, I note its proximity to the early September time when Mueller previously said he expected to be concluding his inquiry into whether Trump illegally colluded with Russia.

Papadopoulos' sentencing is obviously connected to the larger collusion picture, even though the specific charges against him are of lying to the FBI (obstruction of justice). But he got in hot water initially because of bragging in a bar about what he was pulling off with the Russians. The bigger question is whether this is something more complex, e.g., Papadopoulos will give testimony on the record that implicates others.

September 7 (or, more exactly, 9/6) is the Saturn station at 7°33' Sagittarius. There's an exact Sun-Neptune opposition that day at 20° Leo-Aquarius. Mars will have turned direct a week or two earlier at 4° Capricorn and is still at about the same degree. These probably are the degrees that will be important in the charts of anyone else strongly impacted that day. (The Sun-Neptune is about 1° from 45/135 to the Mars.)

Trump has none of these degrees active in his natal chart. I'm most disturbed that Jupiter is approaching his IC and will cross it in mid-October - way too close to the elections for my comfort.

Ah, but his SSR has a 4° Capricorn Eastpoint, which is exactly where the Mars station will occur. (Ecliptically, Mars is in the exact minute of that SSR EP at noon on 9/7 - I haven't checked it in RA yet.) And, while the above degrees don't hit his natal, transiting Pluto is back to square Trump's Jupiter within 15'.

Trump's August 20 SLR has Neptune on Dsc - which has too much fog around it to see clearly what is going to happen from that. (His Uranus is exactly at MC: It will be one of the strong expressions of his emerging Neptune transit to natal Uranus.) His September 3 Demi-SLR is more ordinary, the main angular planet being Mercury (though it is near-partile conjunct his Mars on Dsc - but that just describes behavior we see all the time).

September 7 will be interesting to watch.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 am

Jim wrote:
That's somewhere between terrifying and disgusting.
:) I hear you Jim. Hillary is a + 6600. I read this as Vegas strongly believing Hillary will not even run for Prez in 2020. I know this: if Trump’s so called great economy starts to waver—Bernie will gain votes. More early odds for notables in the order of favored odds:
Pence +1400
Biden +1400
Kamala Harris +1400
Cory Booker +2000
Elizabeth Warren +2000

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 am

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 am
Hillary is a + 6600. I read this as Vegas strongly believing Hillary will not even run for Prez in 2020.
I'm sure she won't.
I know this: if Trump’s so called great economy starts to waver—Bernie will gain votes.
Yes. But I still don't think Bernie has a chance. (That's not an astrological opinion - I haven't even bothered to look.)

Biden is nearly as close as Bernie in these odds (Harris ties him), and I thnk Biden is a more likeky win... but it's way too early. This November will be a big tell, and of course all intervening time this year and next to see whether Trump survives his term.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:47 am

No reliable birth time for Bernie--so we want be able to do a good Sidereal Astrology analysis even for his election probabilities in Dem race. :x

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:41 pm

New odds came out this morning:
Trump still holding at +140
Bernie Sanders +750 (becoming more of a favorite) moved from +1000
Joe Biden +1500 (from +1400 to +1500)
Kamala Harris +2000 (last month +1400)
Oprah Winfrey +6000 (made the biggest move I think, but can't find last months number for her).
Hillary +15000 (last month +6600).