2020 Prez Election

Developing & testing the application of Sidereal Mundane Astrology to Picking Winners in sports competitions.
SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: 2020 Prez Election

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:23 am

Since 1972, 10 winners of the New Hampshire primary have won the Republican nomination, and six became president. Seven victors of the New Hampshire primary gained the Democratic nomination, and three went on to become president. 

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Betting odds for Dem Nevada:
Sanders -350
Buttigieg +400
Biden +700

South Carolina:
Sanders -125
Biden +120
Everyone else +1200 or more.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: 2020 Democratic nomination

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm

How did the predictions for New Hampshire go, based only on transits to the best charts we have (not all of them certain with regard to time)? Let's review.

JOE BIDEN (A data). "This is quite bad for him. I think that, after NH, he's out of the race unless he holds out for South Carolina where he expects to do very well." Exactly so.

BERNIE SANDERS (C data). "I very much distrust this Neptune opposition to his Sun. Jupiter to Uranus is nice for the few days, and he is expected to do very well in NH (next to his home state), so he may do OK." I was too timid. Given expectations and transits, I should have just said, "Bernie wins NH."

ELIZABETH WARREN (C data). "...the transits suggest disappointment (not to mention irritability)." Don't know if she was irritable, but the disappointment was exactly right.

PETE BUTTIGIEG (A data). "The last transit [Mars-Neptu e] is ugly. There's no reason to think Pete will do particularly well in NH anyway, so it's hard to think what could give Ma-Ne-level feelings, and popularity does seem to be holding well. As Saturn gets closer to his Sun, this likely will fail; for now, NH gives some sort of very extreme emotional reaction, probably from a sense of attack." No real prediction here. I got stuck on the Mars-Neptune transit and wasn't feeling optimistic for him. He essentially tied Bernie and remains the front-runner with a small lead on total delegates.

AMY KLOBUCHAR (AA data). "Only one transit, but it's a seriously good one. Expect her to outperform expectations." Exactly so!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Overall, good calls Jim.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Every time I listen to Elizabeth Warren speak, she sounds like she's gasping. Talk talk talk GASP talk talk talk GASP. I don't know if it's because she's so eager to get out what she's saying or if there's a lung problem there.
Can anybody shed any light. I realise we have only C data.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Gemini-Aries is just STREAMING with data and facts set on high speed.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:12 am

New odds as of Feb 13:
Trump -180
Sanders +350
Bloomberg +600
Buttigieg +1200
Biden +2500
Klobucher +4000

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Nevada

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 am

The Nevada caucuses are February 22. I don't know the schedule, but let's estimate 8 PM as a "good enough" approximate time for knowing something. Here are transits to the candidates for the likely conclusion.

BERNIE SANDERS (C data). t Pluto sq. r Venus-Mars, t Mars sq. r Mercury, t Mercury ssq. r Mars, op. r MC (?). That time of evening, t Moon sq. r Saturn. Even if we ignore the Moon transit, these don't look great for him. He's most likely caught up in arguments, disputes, and accusations. Not his best night. (If we had a reliable time for him, we might be able to say more,)

PETE BUTTIGIEG (A data). t Neptune ssq. r Venus, t Uranus sq. r Venus, t Saturn sq. r Pluto (03'), t Jupiter ssq. r Uranus, t Sun sq. r Uranus. These are nearly all quite good except, perhaps, for the emotional ambiguity of Neptune-Venus. Pete, who remains technically the front-runner despite what the press is saying (one more delegate that Bernie) may retain that, explaining the excellent, celebrating mood he's likely to be in that night. Nonetheless, Saturn-Pluto is surely weighing on him. [Since we have a good birth time: His 2/15 SLR for Reno has Saturn setting, near natal Sun, plus natal Mars on IC. It's a fight!]

ELIZABETH WARREN (C data). t Pluto sqq. r Mars, t Jupiter sqq. r Saturn & sq. r Asc (00'), t Mars sqq. r Moon, t Venus sqq. r Saturn & op. r Asc, t Mercury sq. r Mars, t Sun sqq. r Venus. Wow, what a mix. Most obvious: This will be an outstanding test of her birth time, since the Venus-Jupiter square falls right on the angles and the other aspects (and her momentum) are not that great. If she finishes in the top two in Nevada, I'm going to take the 2 PM time quite seriously.

JOE BIDEN (A data). t Neptune ssq. r Moon, t Jupiter sqq. r Uranus, t Sun sq. r Uranus, sq. r Asc. About 8 PM, t Moon squares natal Sun-Venus. Joe has his best night yet - some pleasant surprises for him, perhaps not huge, but enough to make him the headline late evening.

AMY KLOBUCHAR (AA data). More transits than she's been having for these events; t Jupiter conj. r Saturn, t Venus to natal Moon-Saturn, t Sun sq. r Sun & aspects Saturn and Pluto. Amy did great in New Hampshire, and Ju-Sa is a strong, positive aspect; but the rest kinda suck. These look separative, "ending." She's been doing too well to back out no matter how bad a given night goes, but, unless she has a sudden tragic event in her personal or family life, this looks like a serious negative blow to her campaign.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
South Carolina

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:51 am

The South Carolina primary is Saturday, February 29. We can estimate 8 PM as a conclusion. This one is critical for many reasons - three of the candidates have a lot riding on what happens here - and we expect significant chaos and commotion from cross-over Republicans. Here are transits to the candidates for the likely conclusion.

JOE BIDEN (A data). SC might be make-or-break for Joe. His transits: t Jupiter sqq. r Uranus, t Venus sq. r Jupiter & ssq. r Saturn, t Sun sqq. r Jupiter & sq. r Saturn. This is mixed. The main picture is that he has a good night - certainly enough to save his campaign. But Sun square his Saturn is distinctly bad. I doubt he wins the state, but maybe he can pull off 2nd place? [We have a good time for him, His SLR a day earlier for Columbia has Sun square his Saturn right on the angles. Based on this, I modify the above: He still has a deep pleasure that probably saves his campaign but he won't feel like a winner. Surely not 1st, probably not 2nd.]

BERNIE SANDERS (C data). t Pluto sq. r Venus-Mars, t Jupiter sq. r Moon, t Venus conj. r Mars. This looks like he has an excellent night. This worries me, not because of any negativity on Bernie but because Bernie winning SC almost certainly confirms strong Republican interference in the Democratic nomination process to give Trump the opponent he wants. NOTE: Jupiter's square to his Moon requires that the uncertain birthtime be accurate to within a couple of hours. Without this transit, at least it isn't a bad night.

PETE BUTTIGIEG (A data). Pete is expected to take a bruising. In SC he is up against his greatest weakness. This night is critical, then, on the question of whether he is overcoming his greatest weakness. t Neptune ssq. r Venus, t Uranus sq, r Venus, t Saturn sq. r Pluto, t Jupiter ssq. r Uranus. I think as long as Uranus squares his Venus he will have reason to celebrate. Nonetheless, Saturn to Pluto has to be a hard burden right now. I'll say he exceeds the low expectations,.

ELIZABETH WARREN (C data). t Pluto sqq. r Mars, t Jupiter op. r Venus & op. r MC (??), t Venus ssq. r Mercury-Mars, t Jupiter sq. r Mercury-Mars. Even if the transit to her MC is fictional, these look pretty positive (though quite combative). Expect a fiery speech and Liz coming on particularly strong, likely with significant success given Ju-Ve and Ve-Me.

AMY KLOBUCHAR (AA data). t Saturn sqq. r Mercury, t Jupiter sqq. r Sun & conj. r Saturn & sqq. r Pluto, t Mercury sq. r Moon & ssq. r Saturn. Strange, mixed. Two Mercury-Saturn combinations suggest she doesn't get the votes OR that there is a vote counting issue that adversely affects her. Jupiter to her Sun is excellent, to her Saturn is OK, and to her Pluto could go either way. With Ju-Su I can't say she does badly, with Me-Sa & Sa-Me I can't think she does well. So: She does better than Nevada, not too bad overall, and there are issues that are the bigger part of the news cycle.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:25 pm

In my mentioning which candidates have the "dance of the constellations" ability to inherit the presidency from Trump, I've failed to mention Amy Klobuchar who is a double Taurus.

I've not mentioned her because I haven't taken her as an A-list candidate - probably a serious contender for VP, but not for president - and her chasrt takes some hard hits in Nevada, South Carolina, and on Super Tuesday. Nonetheless, New York Daily News has made the case that if there is a contested convention she may be the only surviving candidate that has nothing particularly wrong with her.

With her Saturn exactly square Trump's Jupiter, she may have the power to bring him down. Also, she already has (shared with Warren) New York Times' endorsement. Her SLR the night of the likely presidential nomination vote has natal Jupiter setting and transiting Venus on EP (which had me thinking her a possibility for VP).

Just making a note here....
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:25 pm
In my mentioning which candidates have the "dance of the constellations" ability to inherit the presidency from Trump, I've failed to mention Amy Klobuchar who is a double Taurus.
Agreed 111% that we should be on the watch for her.

A women president would definitely be revolutionary enough to fit the Pl-Ur theme!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:45 pm

It's very hard for me t think of Klobuchar as revolutionary.

Also, my biggest astrological error in 2016 was thinking that all of the nonstop Uranus and Uranus-Pluto would be fulfilled by the election of a female president. I couldn't imagine anything more radical at the time. Unfortunately, my imagination fell short; and, by 2016 it was no longer a sufficiently radical idea that a woman would run for or be elected president. Hillary's 2008 run had already softened that ground. There were hundreds of articles about women not seeing i as a big deal any more and making political decisions based on other things.

Klobuchar's strength seems to rest on being sufficiently boring to be uncontroversial.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:43 pm

to be honest, after Trump, I'd find boring and uncontroversial revoluntionary. Or at least a nice change.

Klobuchar is willing to do something I do think is revoluntionary. Incremental change. Actually getting something done instead of holding out for One Big Bill to cover everything and never actually getting anything done.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:21 am

If I am reading James Carville's thoughts about what he sees with the front runner (Bernie) with the Dem Nominees, Carville is saying Bernie brings the most Revolutionary impact potential to election 2020 in Dem Party. But, if the Dem Party elects another candidate besides Bernie as their nominee, and if that candidate is an underdog to Trump in Prez election with the betting odds, with Trump a huge betting favorite to win Prez, then I think the Dem candidate will win with a Revolutionary unexpected (Uranus) stunning/shocking (Pluto) upset. Whereas Trump won 2016 with the greatest political upset in history of USA in the Dems eyes/psyche, the Dem candidate in 2020 will win with the greatest political upset in history of USA in the Reps eyes/psyche.

Right now with the Vegas odds, Bernie is not that much of an underdog to win Prez, and Trump is definitely not that much of a favorite to win Prez vs Bernie, think about this for a moment--its somewhat puzzling. But I do know no matter what the betting odds with a possible Trump-Bernie match-up for Prez, if Bernie wins it will definitely be a psychological unexpected (Uranus) stunning/shocking (Pluto) to the Rep Party and the same to Dem Party but with a lesser degree. Already, from a psychological standpoint with the two Party's, everything is already flipped from 2016 to 2020 elections, the R/L wings of news media has damn sure confirmed this to be true!!!!

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Trump p Me = r Ju/Ur

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:47 am

Steve, let me throw another calculation into the mix. I don't know exactly what to make of it, but I have a basic idea. I don't think we should ignore it in looking at what's up for Trump between now and November (or January).

At birth, Trump has a stationary Jupiter trine Uranus within 0°26' It's one of his very best aspects and has surely been the source of his gifted life and unusual, surprising luck.

Progressed Mercury has been sextile his Jupiter within 1° for a few months. Right about now, it is entering orb of sextile natal Uranus. This places progressed Mercury in aspect to both natal Jupiter and Uranus at at their midpoint much of 2020. This also occurs with progressed Mercury conjunct his natal Eastpoint for Washington.

Here are the dates that bracket this (progressed Mercury, natal Jupiter and Uranus):

2019 Oct - Mercury enters sextile to Jupiter
2020 Feb - Mercury enters sextile to Uranus
2020 Jun 14 - Mercury exactly sextiles Jupiter
2020 Aug - Mercury = Jupiter/Uranus
2020 Sep 20 - Mercury exactly sextiles Uranus
2021 Jan - Mercury leaves sextile to Jupiter
2021 May - Mercury leaves sextile to Uranus

My current thoughts on this (aside from the primary thought that we should watch it:

This entire cycle from late 2019 through almost mid-2021 is a time when Trump's surprising luck is in the forefront. The Mercury-Jupiter aspect is the luckiest, especially for business purposes. While this could show his great fortune in winning re-election (the aspects tapering away soon after a second term would start), I don't think that's what it shows. I think the fact that Mercury-Jupiter began the month the House started impeachment proceedings and ends a few days after the next inauguration shows that, amidst investigations and legal proceedings, he has unusual luck for exactly that time - and then his luck runs out. If he is not re-elected, then his extraordinary protection ends essentially on Inauguration Day 2021.

We'll probably see great luck peaking in June (perhaps spreading to trade deals and business advantage, but also unusual protections in other ways). The midpoint in early August is right before his renomination by the Republican Party in late August at the Republican National Convention. Then there is a significant surprise for him in mid-to-late September - which may be where the spell starts to crack. Mercury-Jupiter protections then fade at the end of January and Mercury-Uranus is gone before his birthday next year.

This isn't the only scenario. It could be, quite simply, his lucky coin flipping his way again. At present, I don't think that's the case, though.His most protective aspect thus far has been progressed Sun aspecting progressed Venus' conjunction with his Jupiter. Venus-Jupiter has gone and gone, but Sun-Jupiter is still in partile orb... until the end of February. His biggest lucky coin is about to slip through a hole in his pocket.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:40 am

Cyril Fagan wrote about progressions:
But even here, specific events rarely occur on dates predetermined. The fact remains that many landmarks in life are not indicated by current progressions. 

Jim, IMO, I think the progressions you are are discussing in your previous post would more than likely apply to Trump's long-term psychological feelings pertaining to him winning a second term. These progressions are indeed benefic and IMO is part of Trump now psychologically feeling very confident on winning a second term and by psychologically feeling on the inside in a knowing benefic manner he would be acquitted on impeachment.

The specific date which has already been predetermined for the election for Trump's bid for a second term is Nov 3 2020. And I will be focusing on the Transits to his Natal Factors on Nov 3 2020. Transits are what the outside world brings to the native, and progressions are what is felt on the inside of the native over long periods of time with psychological feelings. The malefic Saturn partile 180 transit to Trump's Natal Venus, with his Natal Venus cnj Natal Saturn is the main centripetal force IMO, indicating to me Trump is defeated for a 2nd term---no matter who the Dem Nominee. Unless this nasty Saturn transit manifests outside the election for Prez for a specific event on the election date---Trump goes down in defeat on the date of Prez election!

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:05 am

Man! The odds are a changing. New odds:
Its now a 3 man race for Prez with Bloomberg now in Second to Trump:
Trump -220
Bloomberg +350
Sanders +400
Biden +2500
Buttigieg +2500
Klobuchar +4000
Warren +12,000

Dem Nominee:
Sanders +140
Bloomberg +170
Biden +800
Buttigieg +800

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Jupiter in Sagittarius

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Steve, another thing for you to consider. (I'm just giving you all the raw data to weigh as you see fit.)

On Election day, Jupiter will be 27° Sagittarius. Every single U.S. election day when Jupiter has been in Sagittarius and an incumbent is running, the incumbent has won.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is famous for having young, bright, youth-inspiring figures run for office and draw enormous attention during the election. However, this was only half the time or less (depending on how you count your young, inspiring candidates): The 100% consistent pattern has been that, if there is an incumbent, the incumbent wins. Here they are:

1936 - Incumbent FDR re-elected with 46 of 48 states
1948 - Incumbent Truman re-elected (despite early false calls to the contrary)
1960 - No incumbent running. John Kennedy ran and won
1972 - Incumbent Richard Nixon re-elected over George McGovern, taking 49 of 50 states
1984 - Incumbent Ronald Reagan re-elected, taking 49 of 50 states
1996 - Incumbent Bill Clinton re-elected
2008 - No incumbent running. Barack Obama ran and won.
2020... We certainly have one or more youth-inspiring figures... but we also have an incumbent running for re-election.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 am

Jim, one HUGE fundamental voting difference today than back in the days of the other Jup/Sag Prez elections: The Left today is driven my pure hate against Trump. Hate is a most powerful motivating emotion for: “get out and vote.” When I put this fundamental hate factor together with 3 million more voters from the Left voting for Hillary in 2016, the possible hoards of Bernie supporters now fully on the side of the voting Left with a Bernie ticket, and the 2020 Uranus-Pluto Libsolar---I see high probability the Left unexpectedly (Uranus), stunning/shockingly (Pluto) defeats Trump in the 2020 Prez Election! Nonetheless, the Jup/Sag for past Prez elections is an interesting impressive statistic.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 am

Some people who are on the "left" are driven by pure hatred of Trump. There are some people who are on the "right" who are driven by pure hatred of "librals and feminazis." Most people don't pay enough attention to politics to feel strongly either way. What drives most people is do I have a job, and can I buy a new washing machine if the old one breaks down.

Somewhere you are listening to the Bernie Bros. If they didn't have Trump to hate, they'd be going after any woman who dared disagree with them online. That's who they are. Bernie really really needs to disavow them, just like Trump needs to disavow the White Nationalist conspiracy freakers. Neither will do that. Good reason not to vote for either of them.

BTW, you want to see a real shakeup, watch the Democratic debate tomorrow. Bloomberg got in.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:23 am

I have not actually seen Vegas new election odds for Bloomberg, but I heard as headline news on a cable network, Bloomberg's favorite betting odds fell 50% after his dismal Debate performance in Las Vegas.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:02 am

New betting odds--after the results of Nevada Caucus (Feb 23).
Prez:
Trump -250
Sanders +275
Bloomberg +700
Biden +1500
Klobuchar +4000
Warren +5500

Dem Nominee:
Sanders -150
Bloomberg +300
Biden +700
Warren +1200
Klobuchar +4000

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:37 pm

I wonder why Buttigieg isn't even in the running on this list, considering that he won Iowa, almost tied in New Hampshire, and is second or third in Nevada - of all the candidates, he's No. 2 (by a large margin) in total number of delegates.

Puzzling numbers.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:44 pm

I have no conclusive answer Jim. But, I do know most of the time the insiders who set betting odds know more than us. They of course can be wrong and that is why I rely heavily on Sidereal Astrology to help me determine when they are wrong. Remember your observation about t. Saturn to Buttigieg Sun.