2017 NCAA Basketball Championship

Developing & testing the application of Sidereal Mundane Astrology to Picking Winners in sports competitions.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: 2017 NCAA Basketball Championship

Post by Danica » Wed May 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Apr 04, 2017
SteveS wrote:The Capsolar prevails again Jim. So far this Capsolar year, the non-dormant angular Capsolar's of Jupiter-Uranus have produced 2 Championships for:
1: Columbia, South Carolina: Women's Basketball Champs
2: Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Men's Basketball Champs
Jim writes:
The Capsolar is the best guide to prediction, followed by the daily timings.
Jim, it was challenging and fun analyzing this years Men Basketball Championship. The more I analyze these championship games, the more I learn.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Jim Eshelman wrote:
SteveS wrote:The Capsolar prevails again Jim. So far this Capsolar year, the non-dormant angular Capsolar's of Jupiter-Uranus have produced 2 Championships for:
1: Columbia, South Carolina: Women's Basketball Champs
2: Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Men's Basketball Champs
You're right. However, I can show you easily that this falls apart completely for the Super Bowl. Perhaps the information from one isn't generalizable to the other. All I can say is that if you had bet on Jupiter in instead of against Saturn for the Super Bowl across history, you'd have lost a lot of money.
The Capsolar is the best guide to prediction, followed by the daily timings.
Yes, as long as it's Saturn for losers, not Jupiter for winners.
Jim, it was challenging and fun analyzing this years Men Basketball Championship. The more I analyze these championship games, the more I learn.
Losing isn't fun.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Jim Eshelman wrote:Let's review every instance of Jupiter closely conjunct an angle of the Year chart (Capsolar; or, if Capsolar is dormant, the Cansolar) for the first 50 Super Bowls. My assertion to date (based on a reading of the aggregate data) has been that this is the mark of a winner PROVIDED nobody as a Saturn. That is, pick the loser first (a Saturn), and, if there is no indication of this, pick the winner with Jupiter. In particular, Jupiter and Saturn both closely angular in the same chart goes to the Saturn.

Obviously, there are exceptions - the bottom line is, over 50 years would you have significantly made money, significantly lost money, or broken about even if you'd bet on these rules. The following review is to check my own perception of the data by going granular instead of global.

I've pulled up every Year chart close Jupiter angularity for either team, and here are the details to go with it.

SUPER BOWL III
Winner had Jupiter for Capsolar (in fact, Jupiter-Uranus). Nobody pulled Saturns. Formula worked.

SUPER BOWL XVI
Loser had both Jupiter and Saturn in Capsolar. Loser also had obscure CapQ, and both Jupiter and Saturn in CanQ. Formula says, with both Jupiter and Saturn, Saturn wins, so the formula worked.

SUPER BOWL XXIII
Both teams had Jupiter in the Year chart (Cansolar for winner, Capsolar for loser). Winner had Saturn on CapQ and CanQ angles. Loser had Jupiter transiting Capsolar angle. Saturn was worse for winner, Jupiter more abundant for loser, so the formula failed.

SUPER BOWL XXIV
Winner had Jupiter in Capsolar. Both had Saturns transiting Capsolar angles (and winner had it twice on the CapQ angles). Formula would have assessed it as the Saturns on daily indications cancel, so only the Capsolar survives, and it has no Saturns, only a Jupiter for winner. Formula correct. (Jupiter in Capsolar not negated by the Saturns because they were for both teams.)

SUPER BOWL XXV
Loser had Jupiter on Capsolar and Jupiter transiting Capsolar angles. Going only by Jupiter, loser would have won. Saturns didn't exist in primary charts for either team, and existed in secondary charts for both teams. The formula would have said that absent Saturn, go with Jupiter, and would have been wrong. At the very least, Jupiter angular in Capsolar and by transit to Capsolar was not enough for Buffalo to win. (Probably because it's Buffalo! :) )

SUPER BOWL XXVIII
Winner had Jupiter on Capsolar and Saturn for the day, but loser had Saturn for Capsolar. At Capsolar level, it's decided by Jupiter vs. Saturn, no need to drop to CapQ. Formula works.

SUPER BOWL XXXII
Loser has Jupiter on Capsolar. Both have Jupiter on Capsolar daily (CapQ or transits). Rigorously, I would have gotten this one wrong, since dailies are equal and Capsolar goes to Green Bay; but Denver won.

SUPER BOWL XXXVIII
Both teams have Jupiter on Capsolar. Loser has two Saturns on CapQ vs. Jupiter transit to Capsolar. Formula is correct, and the loser loses.

SUPER BOWL XXXIX
Winner has Jupiter in Capsolar. Both teams have Jupiter in dailies, and winner also has Saturn in dailies. Since losing trumps winning, I'd have gotten this one wrong. (It's the closest equivalent to G/NC so far.)

SUPER BOWL XLIV
Loser has Jupiter and Saturn both angular in Year chart (so only the Saturn counts). Winner has Jupiter on CanQ, while loser has Jupiter and Saturn on CanQ (only the Saturn counts). Formula is right.

SUPER BOWL XLV
Winner has Jupiter close in Capsolar. In the absence of any Saturns, Jupiter-for-winning prevails, formula works.

SUPER BOWL XLVI
Loser has Jupiter and Saturn in Capsolar (only the Saturn counts). Winner has Jupiter in CapQ, loser has Saturn transit to Capsolar. Formula works.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:Out of 12 games with at least one team having Jupiter angular in the Capsolar, the formula was right 8 times, wrong 4 times. That's good, but not as good as if we look at the games starting with Saturn angular.

The question is, how to make it better? And is there anything in the four games that were wrong that could improve? Here are the fails.
Jim Eshelman wrote:SUPER BOWL XXIII
Both teams had Jupiter in the Year chart (Cansolar for winner, Capsolar for loser). Winner had Saturn on CapQ and CanQ angles. Loser had Jupiter transiting Capsolar angle. Saturn was worse for winner, Jupiter more abundant for loser, so the formula failed.
I can't think how this could have been gotten right. Even prioritizing winner signals would have failed.
SUPER BOWL XXV
Loser had Jupiter on Capsolar and Jupiter transiting Capsolar angles. Going only by Jupiter, loser would have won. Saturns didn't exist in primary charts for either team, and existed in secondary charts for both teams. The formula would have said that absent Saturn, go with Jupiter, and would have been wrong. At the very least, Jupiter angular in Capsolar and by transit to Capsolar was not enough for Buffalo to win. (Probably because it's Buffalo! :) )
I don't see what would have gotten this one right. Saturns were matched, Jupiter favored the loser.
SUPER BOWL XXXII
Loser has Jupiter on Capsolar. Both have Jupiter on Capsolar daily (CapQ or transits). Rigorously, I would have gotten this one wrong, since dailies are equal and Capsolar goes to Green Bay; but Denver won.
No Saturn issues, everybody has Jupiter, loser had more Jupiter at more levels. Perhaps there are other factors that tipped it. In any case, this is a bad example for the current question because there are no competitions between Jupiter and Saturn to resolve; but Jupiter on Capsolar didn't prevail for Green Bay.
SUPER BOWL XXXIX
Winner has Jupiter in Capsolar. Both teams have Jupiter in dailies, and winner also has Saturn in dailies. Since losing trumps winning, I'd have gotten this one wrong. (It's the closest equivalent to G/NC so far.)
Closest fit to last night's game. One would have to overthrow the other data and make new rules t o test (that I think would not stand up). Nonetheless, here is the key example, probably.

I'm left with the conclusion that (1) the rules identified to date essentially work, far better than non-astrological ways, and (2) sometimes they don't. On at least three (and maybe four) of the four "failure" examples, I don't see a clear path to having gotten them right, and might just have to settle for getting eight out of 12 right.

The overall formula, at least for Super Bowls, would have allowed a prediction for 45 out of 50 games, and would have been correct 37 times out of 45.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm

SteveS wrote:Jim wrote:
The overall formula, at least for Super Bowls, would have allowed a prediction for 45 out of 50 games, and would have been correct 37 times out of 45.
This gambler will take these kind of winning % with a smile, provided all games has the right kind of Vegas betting odds. This above 'overall formula' would have netted 29 winning teams in a 45 year period for a team winning, but not winning all the Vegas point spreads with 37 times out of 45. This 'right kind of Vegas betting odds' must be factored into SMA winning statistical analysis. Vegas betting odds will not allow a gambler to win 37 times out of 45, simply because, in many cases when SMA projects a wining team, this team will not have good 'betting value' with Vegas betting odds. For example: If a projected SMA winner is favored by Vegas as a 7 point favorite; then, the SMA gambler is prevented from making a wager because there is no 'betting value.' This 'betting value' should be factored into SMA betting analysis. The best way for a SMA gambler with your teachings to have near 100% probability for a winning wager, is to patiently wait for the Saturn loser with a Jupiter winner (or at least a Saturn loser without a Jupiter winner), and get the right Vegas odds for good 'betting value.' This occurred in the Bama/Clemson game with Bama a 6.5 point favorite.

I won .95 units on a betting strategy by mainly putting my money on the two east coast teams which featured the potent angular Jupiter-Uranus Capsolars. If it was not for NC's Saturn CanQ, SMA would have clearly picked NC to win the final game, but that is with hindsight. :)
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC