Several long-term progressions currently exist. Many are heading toward exact contact in 2020-2022. The currently active progressions are:
- p Sun trines p Jupiter, the one positive progression at present. It was exact in March and performed poorly for the expected great fortune for the nation, its economy, and its esteem; nonetheless, I stick with this as the expected expression. Currently it separates by 0°22'.
- p Saturn trines r Venus, currently applying by 0°06'. This lasts for 86 years (1954-2040) and is next exact in 2022.
- p Jupiter conjoins r MC (separating 0°24') and squares r Saturn (applying 25'). This places Jupiter at Sa/MC midpoint for the next few years, exact to the minute this year. These aspects last 60 years (1996-2056).
- p Mars conjoins r Eastpoint. This has lasted many years (1990-2021) and will expire in about a year.
- p Mercury trines r Mars & octiles r Jupiter. I suspect this is supportive of trade wars. Mercury, moving slowly, currently aspects Mars within 0°32' and Jupiter within 0°09'.
SOLAR ARC DIRECTIONS
Solar Arc Neptune squares natal Moon (0°40' separating). Historically, this has been responsible for mass movements of the people - extremes of populism whether on the left or the right, and waves of emotion sweeping, uncertainty, and anxiety across a nation. Concurrently, directed Mars conjoins natal Moon (0°31' applying). Even though the current pandemic is a worldwide affair, this aspect specifically shows it for the United States: (The Mars/Neptune midpoint to Moon was exact in July as virulent disease spiked in record numbers and racial justice protests swept the nation.)
Directed Jupiter squares natal Uranus (0°34' applying). It will be exact in seven months. It has potential for great industriousness, inventiveness, technological progress, and a conversation of social reform. Beginning this month, Jupiter aspects natal Mercury. The combination of these two Jupiter directions is favorable for scientific inventiveness (e.g., a vaccine and/or effective treatment for COVID-19) and restoration of commerce.
Directed Moon squares natal Pluto (applying 0°53'), starting a two-year term. This with Mars-Neptune to Moon triggers the U.S. natal Moon = Mars/Pluto (11') = Neptune/Pluto (47') maturing over the next few months.
- Saturn opposes natal Mercury through 8/17 (exact on August 2 when a Mercury-Saturn themed Caplunar occurs).
- Saturn conjoins progressed Moon until 8/16 (exact 8/6).
- Transiting Neptune conjoins progressed Sun beginning 8/23 (probable: further embarrassment from and withering of leadership, deception, loss of national identity and direction).
- Jupiter crosses natal IC through 8/24 (exact 8/11) and squares natal Saturn beginning 8/9 (exact 8/21).