for the four weeks beginning AUGUST 29, 2020
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398
Trump Watch: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33086
Biden Report: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33087
Other Locations: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33088
Ingress Summaries: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33089
Transits to Capsolar Planets: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33090
Outer Planet Sign Transits: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4398#p33139
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
(Summarized from my original interpretation in the January 15 forecast.) For the U.S., the 12 months beginning January 15, 2020 are dominated by Uranus on Eastpoint mundanely square a Sun-Saturn-Pluto conjunction at Midheaven. This difficult year will have more challenges than blessings and sets up even more severe patterns for 2021. Much of what follows is an accurate description of the life-conditions brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and civil outrage experienced thus far this year.
- Uranus: Surprises, sudden ruptures or eruption, shock, revelation, overflowing of limits and boundaries, surprise attacks, changes in foreign relations or leadership, riots and revolts.
- Sun, Saturn, and Pluto are the main story: This year will be a horrible struggle with great damage along the way. It seems astrologically inconceivable that Trump's presidency will survive the year.
- Saturn-Pluto: Hardship including catastrophic disasters laying waste to a landscape, feeling irrevocable loss or separation, an apocalyptic time, even (in the extreme) the downfall of cities and nations.
- Sun-Saturn-Pluto across Florida, New Orleans, and coastal Mississippi: Devastating hurricanes this year, after the fashion of Hurricane Andrew. Mars through Santa Barbara County sparks unusually severe fire. See the maps.
- Sun-Saturn: Sad, arduous events; death or restraint of leaders; government gridlock; restrictive, controlling, or failing government that causes or worsens disaster, fiscal crisis, structural collapses, natural disasters, events requiring government oversight and response.
- Sun-Pluto: Diverse possibilities from natural disasters to political confrontation; removing or assailing those in power, rebelling against conventions, disrespect for and disobeying the law.
- Saturn-Uranus: Bubble-bursting, harsh reality, wide pendulum swings between freedom-restriction, liberality-conservatism, liberty vs. safety, change vs. status quo.
- Uranus-Pluto: Destabilizing, revolutionary, revising, remapping, anti-establishment, antigovernmental: a spirit of revolution dismantles current systems and tears down existing structures; people ignore, challenge, or reject precedent, custom, convention, and authority.
- Sun-Uranus: Sudden, startling, explosive, surprise attacks, leadership changes, life-altering technology.
Arisolar (Apr 14)
As the "quarter" chart from April 14 to October 17, a single aspect marks the Arisolar: Venus square Mars: Venus rises (0°31', dignified in Taurus); Mars culminates (1°33', dignified in Capricorn); and Venus squares Mars (1°03' in mundo). Foremost, this means passion in every respect. People feel powerfully about things. In an election year, we expect inflamed passions to prevail over reason across the terrain of political engagement. More broadly, great restlessness sweeps the land, tempers burn short, and selfish wants win out over any greater social mindfulness. Venus-Mars also frays international relations with wounded alliances and even military attacks.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
Like last month, a contrast - exactly opposing symbolism - appears for the world in general vs. the United States in particular. For the world, these weeks should bring happy news, even celebration climaxing around the turn of the calendar month: All month, Progressed Cansolar Moon conjoins ingress Venus and progressed Capsolar Moon squares ingress Jupiter. Both are exact 8/31 (to the ingress position) and 9/3 or 9/4 (to the progressed position).
However, for the U.S. (which, being part of "the world," also will benefit somehow from those benefic progressions), transits to Capsolar angles are harsh. Transiting Saturn conjoins Capsolar MC all month. This transit, back in February, marked the collapse of the stock market and the discovery that COVID-19 was racing through the populace. Expect the same characteristics of enormous death, hardship, and failure.
Also all month, transiting Mars squares Capsolar MC, with three critical dates: Mars makes the exact square 8/29 and 9/21 and is stationary 9/9. During much of this time, it squares Capsolar Mercury.
Mars is in Aries all month. It retrogrades back into Pisces at the start of October, so September especially concentrates whatever Mars in Aries symbolism we will experience this pass. -- Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (Aug 29)
The Caplunar covers August 29 to September 25, especially the two weeks August 29 to September 5. Psychological bombs go off left and right: The emotional tone of this chart resembles that of living in Middle East area where literal bombs and other forms of domestic terrorism are routine in people's daily lives. I doubt this form of physical violence will literally be true in the U.S. in September, but the feeling of what is hitting us from all sides will be similar.
Uranus squares Midheaven. Uranian months are full of surprises, rapidly changing circumstances, sudden rupture, eruption, or shock, and general explosiveness. With Mars widely foreground, these surprises and shifts are more fiery, aggressive, and hurtful.
Emotional responses of "the people" are severe. Moon closely aspects Saturn, Mars, and Pluto - Moon-Saturn being 0°18 mundo - portraying harshness, hardship, sacrifice, loss, and sadness. These aspects exist worldwide, though Moon-Saturn is closer for the U.S. than for the world in general. Worldwide, Moon is 0°01' from the Mars/Pluto midpoint, significantly raising the chances of fiery, explosive violence and intentional destruction. The stress of the COVID-19 pandemic is straining people's psychological resources more severely. (A wide Moon-Venus opposition likely makes the rest of the aspects operate more personally: They are emotionally cutting and costly.)
The Gulf storm impact forecast by the Capsolar is likely to hit with particular impact on Louisiana and Mississippi. Moon-Saturn lines pass through coastal Louisiana, Mars through Alabama, Pluto through the Texarkana border, all highly vulnerable. Venus is stronger near Houston, so degraded storms with enormous amounts of rain are most likely. Moon-Mars-Saturn square lines through New Orleans and coastal Mississippi and Alabama are the greatest concentration.
- 9/2: CapQ IC = s Neptune.
The Arilunar is dormant, continuing Moon aspects with Mars, Saturn, and Pluto.
Local impact is quite different than in the Caplunar. Mars through California (between San Diego and LA) speaks of fires. Venus-Saturn-Pluto launch sad stories of personal losses inland in a stretch curving from New Mexico and Texas through Minnesota. Jupiter, rising in eastern Arizona through the Dakotas, brings welcome relief, including positive breakthrough in Colorado where Jupiter-Uranus cross. Saturn offers significant death to central California.
- 9/5: CapQ IC = t Neptune. CanQ Asc = s Moon.
- 9/7: CanQ Asc = CanQ Moon-Venus (peak of the best aspect of the month).
- 9/10: CapQ Asc = s Mars. This is one of the most treacherous, dangerous days (also within one day of transiting Mars' station).
The Canlunar, covers September 13-19. Jupiter squares Midheaven (0°04'), making the week's strongest message that things are getting better.
But, of course, it's not that simple. Foreground aspects between Moon, Mercury, Saturn and Pluto, plus a hurtful Mars-Saturn square, provide most of the details for the (positive on balance) week. These aspects are most visible in the mundoscope. The closest are:
- Moon-Mercury sq. 0°11' mundo
- Moon-Saturn op. 0°21'
- Moon-Pluto op. 1°24' mundo
- Mercury-Saturn sq. 1°35' mundo
- Mercury-Pluto sq. 1°35' mundo
If hurricanes strike this week, the vulnerable areas are Florida (including Miami() and the Carolinas where Moon, Saturn, and Pluto set (the lines continuing inland to Minnesota). Florida is particularly vulnerable this year (from the Capsolar), so any impact there will be horrible. Jupiter reaches from coastal Mississippi northwest through Omaha to the Dakotas, where (other than for excessive rain) we should hear of blessings. Detroit is vulnerable to fires and violence. The California coastline enjoys sunshine.
- 9/13-14: CanQ Asc sq. t/s Neptune.
The Liblunar covers the two weeks September 19 to October 3 (since the next Caplunar is dormant), including the 9/29 presidential debate in Cleveland.
One wonders whether this week's events are reaction to last week's. Moon still aspects Saturn (0°23'), Pluto (0°29'), and Mars (2°27'). People are still adapting to the consequences of Mars-volatilized Saturn-Pluto; for example, news concerning the pandemic may sour. These aspects combined with the angular planets leave a macabre feeling of piling up corpses for counting.
By "angular planets" I primarily mean Neptune (WP 0°12'). (Sun is widely foreground.) For these two weeks, the U.S. primarily experiences Moon-Saturn, Moon-Pluto, and some Moon-Mars through a Neptune filter that adds anxiety, disorientation, heightened emotion, and deep "what happens next" uncertainty.
Weather (or other) heightened anxiety centers on Miami up to South Carolina, where Neptune is angular.
- 9/20: Cap! Asc sq. s Neptune.
- 9/23: CapQ Asc sq. t Neptune.