for the four weeks beginning SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409
Trump Watch: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33153
Biden Report: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33154
Other Locations: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33155
Ingress Summaries: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33156
Transits to Capsolar Planets: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33157
Outer Planet Sign Transits: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4409#p33158
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
(Summarized from my original interpretation in the January 15 forecast.) For the U.S., the 12 months beginning January 15, 2020 are dominated by Uranus on Eastpoint mundanely square a Sun-Saturn-Pluto conjunction at Midheaven. This difficult year will have more challenges than blessings and sets up even more severe patterns for 2021. Much of what follows is an accurate description of the life-conditions brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and civil outrage experienced thus far this year.
- Uranus: Surprises, sudden ruptures or eruption, shock, revelation, overflowing of limits and boundaries, surprise attacks, changes in foreign relations or leadership, riots and revolts.
- Sun, Saturn, and Pluto are the main story: This year will be a horrible struggle with great damage along the way. It seems astrologically inconceivable that Trump's presidency will survive the year.
- Saturn-Pluto: Hardship including catastrophic disasters laying waste to a landscape, feeling irrevocable loss or separation, an apocalyptic time, even (in the extreme) the downfall of cities and nations.
- Sun-Saturn-Pluto across Florida, New Orleans, and coastal Mississippi: Devastating hurricanes this year, after the fashion of Hurricane Andrew. Mars through Santa Barbara County sparks unusually severe fire. See the maps.
- Sun-Saturn: Sad, arduous events; death or restraint of leaders; government gridlock; restrictive, controlling, or failing government that causes or worsens disaster, fiscal crisis, structural collapses, natural disasters, events requiring government oversight and response.
- Sun-Pluto: Diverse possibilities from natural disasters to political confrontation; removing or assailing those in power, rebelling against conventions, disrespect for and disobeying the law.
- Saturn-Uranus: Bubble-bursting, harsh reality, wide pendulum swings between freedom-restriction, liberality-conservatism, liberty vs. safety, change vs. status quo.
- Uranus-Pluto: Destabilizing, revolutionary, revising, remapping, anti-establishment, antigovernmental: a spirit of revolution dismantles current systems and tears down existing structures; people ignore, challenge, or reject precedent, custom, convention, and authority.
- Sun-Uranus: Sudden, startling, explosive, surprise attacks, leadership changes, life-altering technology.
Arisolar (Apr 14)
Venus square Mars is the single note in the Arisolar: Venus in Taurus rises (0°31'), Mars in Capricorn culminates (1°33'), and Venus squares Mars (1°03' mundo). This means passion in every respect: People feel powerfully about things. In an election year, we expect inflamed passions to prevail over reason across the terrain of political engagement. More broadly, great restlessness sweeps the land, tempers burn short, and selfish wants win out over any greater social mindfulness.
Libsolar (Oct 17) Beginning October 17, the United States experiences three months that likely redefine it, rewriting "life as we know it" and paving the way for whatever "new normal" comes after. The Libsolar is foremost shocking and overthrowing of existing structures with great risk to the nation. While conditions are predictably contentious and upsetting, it is impossible to say that they are negative. History likely will have to decide that in decades to come.
Uranus is 1°03' before Ascendant, Pluto 1°07' before Midheaven, and Mercury 1°19' after Descendant. The 0°05 Uranus-Pluto mundane square expresses a destabilizing, revolutionary, revising, and remapping root theme with new conditions unbound by precedent, custom, or convention in which people ignore, challenge, or forcibly reject authority).
For Mercury with Uranus and Pluto, many specific events are possible; but I only know three categories of major events where these aspects are typical: (1) travel catastrophes, especially air crashes; (2) earthshaking disclosures of information; and (3) major technological breakthroughs or (related) radical departures from the way information is processed or handled.
Of these, I most suspect (2) and (3). The best scenario would be a medical breakthrough in halting the COVID-19 pandemic. The worst scenario would be a direct attack on our country (especially cyber-based, possibly the power or information grids) or efforts to overthrow the fundamental structure of our nation.
Events will be harsh with elements of attack because Mars, due east on the prime vertical, makes close PVP squares to Uranus (0°12'), Pluto (0°35'), and Mercury (2°24'). That is, what appears to be a Mercury-Uranus-Pluto combination is actually a Mercury-Mars-Uranus-Pluto combination. Reinforcing these, Moon conjoins Mercury and opposes Uranus.
Sun is most angular (WP 0°46'). The easiest conclusion is that events center specifically on the presidential elections nearing their climax. Sun's closest aspects are a mundane opposition to Mars (0°09') and ecliptical square to Saturn (0°36'). Sun has further aspects to Jupiter and Pluto. If angular Sun refers directly to the president or his office, these aspects weigh heavily against him, suggesting war (more than the usual election season competition) that expels him from office. An alternative meaning is that the heart of the nation itself is attacked by foes assailing the American identity. (I know of no way to distinguish these two meanings of Sun.)
Subtleties are expressed by Mars square Jupiter, Pluto conjunct Jupiter and Saturn, and Moon square Saturn mundo. I fear much of the impact of this chart will be a severe flu season compounding a new COVID-19 wave as scientists have forecast. At least one significant area of effect is the political - hopefully with Moon-Mercury-Mars-Uranus-Pluto signifying disclosure of information useful to our reinvention rather than subversion of our electoral system.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
After 10/3, October's one simple marker is transiting Saturn conjunct Capsolar MC all month. In February, this transit marked the collapse of the stock market and the discovery that COVID-19 was racing through the populace. We've likely seen the same characteristics of death, hardship, and failure through September. They will persist or worsen through October.
Mars backs into Pisces 10/1. With Mars in Pisces earlier this year, we saw increased virulence (intensification of disease and toxic behavior, hotbeds of infection, seething hurtfulness); unhealed wounds open and festering (e.g., racial violence and outrage); betrayals, back-stabbing, back-biting insinuation, passionate lying; and the very Piscean theme of wearing masks. -- Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Liblunar (Sep 19) The Liblunar covers two weeks, September 19 to October 3. Moon aspects Saturn (0°23'), Pluto (0°29'), and Mars (2°27'): People are still adapting to the consequences of Mars-volatilized Saturn-Pluto. These, combined with angular Neptune (WP 0°12'), leave a macabre feeling of piling up corpses for counting. The combination adds anxiety, disorientation, heightened emotion, and deep "what happens next" uncertainty.
Caplunar (Sep 25)
The dormant Caplunar continues (worldwide) Moon aspects to Saturn (0°19'), Mars (1°17'), and Pluto (2°31'), so hardship, hurt, and loss continue worldwide.
- 9/29: CanQ MC sq. s Moon-Venus.
- 10/1. CapQ MC sq. t Jupiter. CanQ Asc conj. s Mercury.
Also, even in the best of times a partile Sun-Saturn square on angles would warn of risks to the U.S. president. The threat might be generalized to the government or deflected to a national leader-hero, but the focus is usually on the president personally. This threat climaxes about October 6-8. (With Moon-Mars, the threat could be physical danger; or it might be a political threat.) Moon-Mars-Saturn-Pluto (with a bit of Jupiter) matches the psychological tone of war and decimation, though the actual events may be something else that feels the same.
- 10/4: CanQ MC conj. t Neptune.
- 10/6: CapQ MC sq. t/s Pluto, s Saturn, op. t Mars. CanQ MC conj. s Neptune. CanQ Asc sq. s Mars.
- 10/8: CapQ MC sq. t Saturn, s Sun [t Saturn conj. s Sun].
Transiting Neptune on IC (2°11') exaggerates everyone's reactions, displaces reason, and intensifies anxiety. Moon aspects Mars, Saturn, and Pluto worldwide. Additionally, we have the azimuth patterns shown above: Moon opposite Jupiter-Pluto across the prime vertical axis, square Neptune near the meridian.
Natural disasters may cause this anxious mental state, as can theatrical politics. Events are belief-driven and may have overt religious elements. In the Middle East, these aspects routinely mark faith-fueled terrorism.
In Miami, where a presidential debate occurs 10/15, Neptune is on IC and Venus squares Ascendant. It seems the debate will be enjoyable entertainment.
- 10/15: CapQ MC op. s Uranus.
The Liblunar covers the week October 16-22. Neptune, again, is most angular (rising 2°55'), partile opposite setting Venus. Moon squares Saturn (0°34') and Pluto, conjoins Sun and Mercury, and opposes Mars. Much is the same as last week, but, with voting underway, attention is even more fiercely centered on the president, national leadership, polls, statistics, rapidly updated news, and anything involving counting, tabulating, data management, and the media.
Venus-Neptune signifies intense devotion, compelling fantasy, role-playing, disillusionment, betrayed alliances, perceived offenses, diplomatic embarrassment, or loss of esteem. Which of these themes will dominate the news this week? With such hurtful lunar aspects, we should remember that Venus-Neptune is the most distinctive aspect for national impact mass murders.
The final presidential debate occurs 10/22 in Nashville, a few hours before the next Caplunar occurs. The Liblunar is dormant for Nashville, while the Canlunar has Venus on Midheaven. This is surprisingly upbeat and evidently means that the event will bring pleasure, e.g., is primarily entertaining.
- 10/16: CapQ Asc conj. s Jupiter. CanQ Asc op. t Jupiter.
- 10/17: CanQ Asc sq. t Mars.
- 10/20: CanQ Asc op. s Jupiter.
- 10/21: CanQ Asc op. t Pluto.