US forecast May 29 - Jun 26, 2021

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
US forecast May 29 - Jun 26, 2021

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:47 pm

USA Mundane Forecast
for the four weeks beginning MAY 29, 2021

If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.

LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 14, 2021 to Jan 14, 2022. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Jan 13-Feb 9 forecast.)
  • More severe than 2020, but a year of action instead of paralysis.
  • Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn continues to define conditions, emphasizing autonomous survival and solitary self-sufficiency.
  • MARS square SATURN (0°34', exactly angular). Harsh, hateful, hurtful, destructive hardship, e.g., deadly violence, fires, explosions, financial crises. Fosters hate + conflict arising from feeling powerless, shamed, diminished: Primitives competing for basic survival amidst widespread hardship.
  • JUPITER square URANUS (0°42'). Recovery and salvation through scientific advances and social revolution. Collective optimism anticipating good change. Broadly, boldly liberal government or political activism: Ideological rebellion, remapping the larger social contract, liberal social agendas (demanding wider horizons, expanded and diversified opportunity, civil liberties). Invention, futurism, new tech (or tech vision), and “good science” engage imagination. (Uncommon for disasters except floods.)
  • Activity and activism, rarely gentle or well-behaved.
  • Mars-Uranus. Explosive: physical or psychological "bombshells," surprise attack, sudden action, "lightning war" (blitzkrieg). Moon-Uranus. Swiftly changing circumstances requiring rapid adaptation and response. Moon-Mars. A broad sense of emergency: Violence, fire, disaster, damage, assassination (or other severe crisis for leaders).
  • Economic difficulties: Economic crisis and threatened markets (Jupiter to Mars-Saturn). Shifting conditions in banking and economic management (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn). The upside: We surely need to consume significant resources for economic recovery.
  • Structural investment. Rebuilding economic foundations and physical infrastructure.
  • Spinning up the wheels of industry, economic expansion: Greater industry and productivity (from the same aspects).
  • Mars-Jupiter is stormy (including destructive weather). Forward momentum, expansive, with an enterprising spirit useful to recovery. Post-pandemic era of opportunity for new entrepreneurs, renewed entrepreneurial spirit, readily available capital investment.
Arisolar (Apr 14)
Effective Apr 14 to Oct 18. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Apr 5-May 2 forecast.)
  • Jupiter on Dsc (0°38'), sq. Moon (1°37'). The best six months of the year. Increased prosperity overall: Return to work, a stabilizing economy, increased optimism and sense of well-being. Communities feel stronger, more secure. More good news than bad across the six months.
  • Saturn on WP (1°17). Survival challenges continue concurrent with emerging good news. Seriously rough times overlap the sense that things are improving. "Getting better" is gradual.
  • Saturn-Uranus square. Independence vs. restriction and liberal vs. conservative polarization. Long in restrictive lockdown conditions, people want to get out, to get back to their prior lives despite (or defying) the risks. Freedom vs. safety, the "old way" and "new way." Political opposition and gridlock threaten when we can least afford them.

MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Neptune Uranus Saturn. Saturn and Uranus (in square) transit Capsolar angles. Neptune squares progressed Cansolar Moon. In an uncertain time, when doubt and insecurity have overflowed the banks for weeks, something new breaks through to shake things up, dislodging stuck circumstances. Tensions between safety vs. liberty return. Political polarization (gridlock) hovers. It would be foolish to rely on any result landing exactly as one hopes: Success, if obtainable, is best measured in all parties being equally unhappy with the deal.

Within this, MARS joins Saturn and Uranus transiting Capsolar angles June 5-19 (crossing Capsolar EP then squaring its MC). In some parts of the U.S. (and perhaps in Washington itself), this will be explosive with fires, violence, struggle, and general alarm. More optimistically, Mars penetrates current conditions with such urgency (sense of emergency) that it may fully dislodge the stuck conditions. Saturn square Uranus is exact 6/14 and comes to Cansolar Quotidian angles the same day.

Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.

SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)

Canlunar (May 16)
Effective May 16 to June 5. Moon opposes Pluto within 0°44' in mundo with both planets square Midheaven (Pluto 0°20', Moon 1°21'). These three weeks mark a turning point both in current major issues and in larger matters that have been in transition for a few years: It likely will more strongly ignite the chief issues of Pluto in Capricorn.

In general, Moon-Pluto aspects - which have been in nearly all lunar ingresses for two years - signal events that stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity, marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts. These are easily seen week by week, even when that glaring Moon-Pluto characteristic isn't mentioned in the forecast. For the current three weeks, though, we can expect these characteristics to be especially obvious.

One type of event common for both Moon-Pluto aspects and their angularity are uprisings and revolts of the people - strong uprising of mass-mind erupting into defiant collective action (and, often, effort by governments to suppress them). Given simultaneous strong Saturn and Uranus angularities (see the Bridge), we likely will see an increase in protests and other collective, defiant raising of voices for these three weeks.

Caplunar (May 29)
The Caplunar is dormant. Moon's aspects to Mars and Pluto enhance volatility and (temperamental or behavior) inflammation worldwide.

Arilunar (Jun 5)
Effective June 5-13. Moon (WP 1°) squares foreground Mars and Pluto (0°23') each - the Mars-Pluto opposition having a 0°00' orb! These aspects operate worldwide (and duplicate Caplunar worldwide Moon aspects), though they are especially concentrated on the United States by being angular in Washington.

Mars-Pluto may operate worldwide, or may indicate a lot of similarly-themed individual events out of the world. Because we are not out of the collective pandemic woods yet, it seems inconceivable that this represents something like the outbreak of war, but something of that feel is happening everywhere. Overall, Mars-Pluto aspects indicate violent, ferocious, often explosive unleashing of force (such as bombs, other explosions, accidents, warring, earthquakes, hurricanes, structural collapses, and fires that release explosive force). Its energies are broadly disrespectful of law and disclose the consequences of cumulative stresses. Moon-Mars aspects created a heightened state of emergency, its typical expressions including violence and other destruction and loss of life, blood, fire, bombs, earthquakes, accidents, war, bombings, and other attacks. Moon-Pluto will bring its usual character of stunning our senses and silencing the mind with the intensity of its impact.

Around the world, the Mars-Pluto opposition is exactly angular through New England, the west coast nations of South America (earthquakes in Chile seem too easy a thing to call), Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, inland (central) China, parts of Indonesia, a possibly bloody swatch of Africa from Angola up through Egypt, the volatile area of the Turkish-Syrian border and central Turkey, and a swipe through central Europe along the meridian of longitude about halfway between Prague and Rome. Don't be surprised if Mount Etna pops its top more ferociously than usual.

Canlunar (Jun 13)
Effective June 13-26. This covers the period of the exact Saturn-Uranus square in space, transiting Washington's Capsolar angles: In the Canlunar, this is only 0°08' wide with Saturn 0°31' and Uranus 0°38' from an angle. (During this fortnight, Mars joins Saturn-Uranus transiting Capsolar angles.)

Clearly, Saturn-Uranus dominates these two weeks. In may be in response to the Mars-Pluto events of the week prior; in any case, these are rough weeks. In addition to the usual Saturn-Uranus refrain of tensions between freedom vs. safety, liberal vs. conservative, or change vs. status quo, Saturn-Uranus events are commonly marked by loss-laden explosion and a forced bubble-bursting confrontation with harsh reality - especially with concurrent Mars transits and the recurring Moon-Pluto aspect.

Times are tough. It will take ingenuity and creativity to address these conditions. Yet entrenched, opposed forces resist these things. The nation seems poised to round a corner, but first has to deal with the oppositional character of 2021's most important outer planet aspect.

Liblunar (Jun 19)
The Liblunar is dormant.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
The Biden Report

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:47 pm

SIDEREAL LUNAR RETURN (Jun 6)
Effective June 5 to July 3. Natal Sun-Venus and transiting Sun are most angular, suggestion a strong, positive time when President Biden rises easily to leadership. Jupiter square his Venus is a further boon: His grace and compassion are forefront (natal Venus is 0°10' from WP).

This is important because conditions in the nation (and, in fact, the world) are likely volatile under an Arilunar with Mars opposite Pluto 0°00' square Moon (angular in Washington) while Mars, Saturn, and Uranus transit Capsolar angles. Calm, confident leadership would be an advantage.

One difficult aspect: The closely rising Sun (2°) conjoins natal Saturn. At the time of this writing (Fall 2020), we haven't yet had opportunity to watch how Biden responds when natal Saturn is spotlighted. At its worst, natal Saturn intensifies self-doubts and feelings of inadequacy and frustration. Commonly it weighs on the physical body with energy-dragging heaviness. Neutrally, it simply means a lot of hard work. At its best, it might draw out the "good papa" that is a big part of Biden's historic personality and would be useful to the nation in time of crisis.

We shall watch closely and see what happens.

Partile non-foreground aspects primarily show whatever crisis is swarming Washington: Mars opposite Pluto is on Biden's Jupiter, taking a bite out of him (hurting his reputation, dignity, or finances). Saturn-Uranus aspects his Mars, springing surprises and struggle on him; one wonders if this involves a member of his family (given the "good papa" theme). All of this is secondary, though, to the main tone - positive and strong - of the month.

SIDEREAL DEMI-LUNAR RETURN (Jun 20)
Effective June 19 to July 3. Transiting Jupiter and natal Uranus are the most closely angular planets, a recipe for a positive fortnight with auspicious (and maybe lucky!) breakthroughs. Deepening the great auspiciousness of these two weeks, Jupiter squares natal Sun-Venus mundanely (less than 1° orb) and squares natal Uranus ecliptically (within 2°), all foreground.

That the month isn't perfectly blissful is reflected in the natal Sun/Saturn midpoint 0°09' and natal Venus/Saturn 0°24' from the meridian. (All three planets are foreground.) This replicates a pattern in Biden's natal chart most connected to important occasions of personal loss and paternal conscientiousness and dedication.

Overall, these themes resemble those of the full lunar return above except that the this demi-lunar is overall more positive, showing success, breakthrough, and relief.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: The Biden Report

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:47 pm
...a strong, positive time when President Biden rises easily to leadership.... His grace and compassion are forefront... This is important because conditions in the nation (and, in fact, the world) are likely volatile... Calm, confident leadership would be an advantage.

One difficult aspect: ...we haven't yet had opportunity to watch how Biden responds when natal Saturn is spotlighted. At its worst... intensifies self-doubts and feelings of inadequacy and frustration. Commonly it weighs on the physical body with energy-dragging heaviness. Neutrally, it simply means a lot of hard work. At its best, it might draw out the "good papa" that is a big part of Biden's historic personality and would be useful to the nation in time of crisis...
I've been delightedly watching this work out with Biden's travels to Europe and meeting with world leaders. Through grace, leadership, and diplomacy, he's restoring America's relationships with our most important military and commercial allies. His meeting Putin tomorrow will be the most important test (and, based on their history, I'm sure it will go well).

Not only were Suns, Venus, and Jupiter dominating the SLR where it occurred, he arrived in London to find Jupiter setting square his Sun-Venus - natal Sun being 0°33' from Nadir. However, London also had Saturn exactly on WP-a, squared by Uranus. Brussels was similar but with Jupiter closer (0°16' from setting) and Saturn backed off. Geneva keeps Jupiter (square his natal Venus and Sun, remember) about half a degree from Descendant plus natal Mercury on IC - Saturn is entirely gone.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Re: US forecast May 29 - Jun 26, 2021

Post by Lance » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 am

Regarding my personal hurricane watch and the developing storm in the Gulf of Mexico...

The Liblunar has a Mars line that hits the coast basically right over where I live (Beaumont, TX - Texas/Louisiana line), but there is also a Saturn line further east, intersecting the coast on the Alabama/Florida line.

Care to make any predictions?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:50 am

Both areas look vulnerable.

From the Liblunar alone, I'd say the highest force of winds would be in your area with some definite property damage, but the highest risk to life and wasting the landscape is in southern Mississippi and Alabama.

Looking at more ingresses, your corner of Texas is quite vulnerable all year with Sun-Pluto coming through there in the Capsolar. For the current month, though, you have Venus in the Caplunar - possibly flooding but rarely appearing for vast damage.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

alinda
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by alinda » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:43 am

My apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone had put any thought into when this UFO report would be released to congress? It is supposedly due before June 29th.

Perhaps there might be a connection with one of these Uranus transits?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:48 am

There is another thread where Steve and others discussed the pending release a while back. I don't remember how deep they got into it but you could probably find it easily by searching for UFO in the search box.

My expectation is that the report will either be so sanitized or simply lacking that it will have no impact - a complete non-event - and therefore not show astrologically.

But Uranus is a good guess.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:54 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:50 am
Both areas look vulnerable.

From the Liblunar alone, I'd say the highest force of winds would be in your area with some definite property damage, but the highest risk to life and wasting the landscape is in southern Mississippi and Alabama.

Looking at more ingresses, your corner of Texas is quite vulnerable all year with Sun-Pluto coming through there in the Capsolar. For the current month, though, you have Venus in the Caplunar - possibly flooding but rarely appearing for vast damage.
Looks like eye will split the difference, with all the flooding closer to the Saturn line.

Current NOAA update link below:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at3.s ... t#contents

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:11 am

Well I can’t get a photo to post for some reason. I think it has to do with my photo site.

But the heavy rain hit right on the Saturn line.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:47 am

Lance wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:11 am
Well I can’t get a photo to post for some reason. I think it has to do with my photo site.

Was there much damage etc.? - This is strange, if it weren't for you I wouldn't even know this was happening. It hasn't been listed in any of my normal news feeds.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:47 am
Lance wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:11 am

Was there much damage etc.? - This is strange, if it weren't for you I wouldn't even know this was happening. It hasn't been listed in any of my normal news feeds.
Not a lot of damage that I know of. It only reached Tropical Storm status (Claudette) and is not a very bad one.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm

It's going to steer east, hit the ocean, gain strength back to tropical storm, smash into N Carolina, and storm up the coast from there.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:58 pm

Tropical Storm Claudette dropped a tornado in East Brewton, Alabama, around 8:15 a.m. CDT

It became a Tropical Storm at Claudette at 4 a.m. CDT, spinning 45 mph winds, somewhere over southeastern Louisiana after landfall.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Time to look back and see how good the forecast was.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
...MARS joins Saturn and Uranus transiting Capsolar angles June 5-19... In some parts of the U.S. (and perhaps in Washington itself), this will be explosive with fires, violence, struggle, and general alarm. More optimistically, Mars penetrates current conditions with such urgency (sense of emergency) that it may fully dislodge the stuck conditions.
With the Saturn-Uranus square peaking and on Washington's Capsolar angles, this has been a month of increasingly strong partisan divide. Biden was in Europe when most of that peaked but, meanwhile, Congress had numerous intense polarizations during this time in a way that they did not have earlier in the year.

As for the martial volatility, I'm not aware of anything that happened. There were some positive, strengthening moves - Biden in Europe reaffirming the importance of NATO, his meeting with Putin as a sign of strength - but I think these are primarily elements from Biden's own chart (more on that below). It was during this time that the rising threat of the Covid-19 Delta variant started making headlines, but the news reported this without really sounding alarmist.

Ah. we did have a national heatwave that broke almost every upper temperature extreme record on the books - centered on around the 16th. That fits. Fires are indeed raging already in some parts of the West.

BTW, the real volatility on the planet during this timed was in Israel - but this column doesn't do Israeli forecasts.

Overall, besides the heat wave (close to what I called for) and some international showing of strength (nothing at all what I forecast) and perhaps the rising of the new, more contagious virus variant, I don't think this described the time very well - especially because the tone of the time wasn't of high threat and alarmism.
Canlunar (May 16)20210516 CnLun.png
Effective May 16 to June 5.... These three weeks mark a turning point both in current major issues and in larger matters that have been in transition for a few years: It likely will more strongly ignite the chief issues of Pluto in Capricorn... events that stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity, marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts... uprisings and revolts of the people - strong uprising of mass-mind erupting into defiant collective action (and, often, effort by governments to suppress them)... we likely will see an increase in protests and other collective, defiant raising of voices for these three weeks.
Mostly just virus stuff and its spin-offs (including heightened attention on the possible origins fo the virus). The San Jose shooting occurred, though.

I'm missing more than a week of daily news events during this period, but I mostly think this was a dud.
Arilunar (Jun 5)20210605 ArLun.png
Effective June 5-13.... may operate worldwide, or may indicate a lot of similarly-themed individual events out of the world. Because we are not out of the collective pandemic woods yet, it seems inconceivable that this represents something like the outbreak of war, but something of that feel is happening everywhere. Overall... violent, ferocious, often explosive unleashing of force (such as bombs, other explosions, accidents, warring, earthquakes, hurricanes, structural collapses, and fires that release explosive force)... broadly disrespectful of law and disclose the consequences of cumulative stresses... a heightened state of emergency, its typical expressions including violence and other destruction and loss of life, blood, fire, bombs, earthquakes, accidents, war, bombings, and other attacks... stunning our senses and silencing the mind with the intensity of its impact.
I don't see anything of this flavor. (Internationally, Israel was still going through significant struggles.)
Canlunar (Jun 13)20210613 CnLun.png
Effective June 13-26. ...these are rough weeks.... tensions between freedom vs. safety, liberal vs. conservative, or change vs. status quo... loss-laden explosion and a forced bubble-bursting confrontation with harsh reality... Times are tough. It will take ingenuity and creativity to address these conditions. Yet entrenched, opposed forces resist these things. The nation seems poised to round a corner, but first has to deal with the oppositional character of 2021's most important outer planet aspect.
There has been plenty of partisan division to cite, plus the accelerating shift in security vs. freedom as people move back out into the world (perhaps sooner than anyone should).

This didn't have the feel of a tough, loss-laden period. Biden's foreign travels gave positive news and positive effect (his chart, as mentioned). One big threat is that the CDC officially labelled the Delta variant as a concern with its presence in the U.S. doubling every two weeks. And there was the heat wave during this time, but even that doesn't seem to warrant the above description. A number of important Supreme Court decisions came down (it's June, after all) but didn't seem to have the tone of the above. The Champlain Towers South collapse in Surfside, FL fits the description.

Overall, I'm glad more bad stuff didn't happen but I'm not happy with the way this forecast came out.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: The Biden Report

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:10 pm

With Biden's forecast, we did much better. Just his two lunar returns correctly anticipated a really positive time - in exactly the way he manifested it, especially with regard to diplomacy and securing and renewing our relationships with our country's "friends." [STILL WORKING ON IT]
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Effective June 5 to July 3... a strong, positive time when President Biden rises easily to leadership... His grace and compassion are forefront. This is important because conditions in the nation (and, in fact, the world) are likely volatile... Calm, confident leadership would be an advantage.

One difficult aspect [rising Sun on his Saturn]... we haven't yet had opportunity to watch how Biden responds when natal Saturn is spotlighted. At its worst, natal Saturn intensifies self-doubts and feelings of inadequacy and frustration. Commonly it weighs on the physical body with energy-dragging heaviness. Neutrally, it simply means a lot of hard work. At its best, it might draw out the "good papa" that is a big part of Biden's historic personality and would be useful to the nation in time of crisis.

...taking a bite out of him (hurting his reputation, dignity, or finances)... springing surprises and struggle on him; one wonders if this involves a member of his family (given the "good papa" theme).
This was the whole Europe tour that went so well. The main negatives were hitting lots of resistance on the next items he wants to push through Congress, as partisan division intensified, though mostly it was a time of successes as he smoothly traversed international halls of power and renewed relationships. He even signed a new national holiday into law for the first time in a generation.
SIDEREAL DEMI-LUNAR RETURN (Jun 20)
Effective June 19 to July 3 ...a positive fortnight with auspicious (and maybe lucky!) breakthroughs... great auspiciousness...

...the month isn't perfectly blissful... a pattern in Biden's natal chart most connected to important occasions of personal loss and paternal conscientiousness and dedication. Overall, these themes resemble those of the full lunar return above except that the this demi-lunar is overall more positive, showing success, breakthrough, and relief.
For the sadness, his eldest dog died during this time. Overall, a path of success continued. (The period isn't over yet as I type.) For example, he may have negotiated a path to his infrastructure bill by meeting with a bipartisan group of Senators looking for a compromise.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com