for the four weeks beginning AUGUST 10, 2022
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 15, 2022 to Jan 15, 2023. (Summarized from my Jan 15-30 forecast.)
- An accounting cycle for the Biden administration. Republican gains seem certain in the midterm elections.
- Sun conjunct Pluto (1°21'): Unprecedented conditions, irrevocable shifts, rebellion against conditions, assault or removal of those in power, and disrespect for law (greater lawlessness). People demand freedom from control or leadership they feel is failing them. Solar figures are challenged and held accountable. More people think of themselves as "a law unto oneself" or exception to the rules. Many possibilities, from natural disasters to political confrontation.
- Since May 22, Sun-Pluto has progressed to within 1°00'. This progression lasts until January. We are in the part of 2022 when the above Sun-Pluto phenomena come into their own.
- Moon-Mars-Neptune: Crime is up. Neighborhoods feel more dangerous. Ferocious civil unrest. What was once called "civilization" rips open with unaddressed grievance while struggling to settle into new patterns in which people feel safer and more secure.
- Sun-Pluto with Moon-Mars-Neptune: Increased physical threat to the president or the Federal government as a whole (perhaps through heightened domestic terrorism).
- Moon opposite Mars (affecting the world as a whole): A state of alarm. Typical expressions: violence, blood, fire, earthquakes, accidents, other destruction; often significant loss of life. Other expressions: war, bombings and explosions, other attacks, deaths of leaders. Moon square Neptune (local to Washington): Waves of emotional reaction, fervor, herd-mind arousal, or panic accompanied by confusion, disorientation, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. Mars-Neptune: Panic or feeling the ground fall from under one’s feet - surging adrenaline with heightened aroused emotion - increasing the risk of treachery, sabotage, other betrayal, poisoned relationships, and scandal.
- Sun/Mercury = IC: Broadly intensifies and highlights Mercury themes, including transportation, commerce, and science. Mercury square Uranus: Scientific and technological advances continue (no turning from technology). Freedom and flexibility in communication and travel are big break-out themes, including significant expansion and redesign in social media's impact. Science continues to have direct, relevant influence on people's changing lives.
- Mercury-Uranus impacts social trends: With growing urgency of antisocial independence and autonomous self-sufficiency, with people feeling exempt from precedents and historic social standards, "independent thinking" becomes a rallying cry (though probably more of a fantasy than a reality: herd-mind passions surge the cry for "independent" opinion). Passion-fed rejection of expert opinion, reliance on crowd opinion, other challenges to convention or authority. “Don’t tell me how to think” takes on new, widespread life.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Pluto sq. Capsolar Asc, Neptune sq. Capsolar Moon, continuing the months-long NEPTUNE-PLUTO ZONE. As has been occurring, collective (massing) populist voices will continue to rise due to a sense of pervasive anxiety, of "never knowing when the other shoe will drop." Waves of heightened emotional reaction, fervor, and herd-mind arousal are accompanied by uncertainty and an undermined sense of security. This could be a reflection of the election cycle or the passionate civil unrest forecast from the Capsolar for the year.
Mars enters Taurus August 11 and remains there the rest of the month. Historically, this transit has increased the amount of compassion, caretaking, and general softness in day-to-day world news. Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (Aug 10) Effective August 10 to September 6, especially the first week, August 10-16. This is an unusually difficult month. The Caplunar is harsh, and each individual week chart is harsh. Some definite "turn for the worse" comes now. The other shoe is dropping.
The Caplunar has marks of war, or at least of volatile aggression, and of having to bear the costs of our actions. The forms this hardship may take are many; all center on conflict and a need to struggle. Common sense says that the White House will bear the brunt of this, even if we didn't also have a strong, afflicted Sun at the heart of it all.
Here are the technical details: Mars squares Ascendant 0°05'. Sun squares MC 0°17'. These are the strongest of four strong planets and set the basic tone. Mars means conflict, aggression, and wider hurt including fires and natural disasters. Sun means the focus is on the head of state in particular and the heart of the nation in general, with unwavering bright spotlights brought to the events. Together, they signal greater aggression and willingness to be proactively fired-up and combative.
Next, Uranus is 1°28' from MC and Saturn 2°11' from Dsc. Saturn, in particular, bonds with the angular Mars (1°50' square) to signal harsh, hateful, hurtful, and destructive events. Uranus says it will startle us, take us by surprise (just as the close Moon Pluto conjunction is normally read as stunning our sensibilities, though by now we're used to that from almost every month and week of recent years).
Sun squares Uranus (1°02'). This is a hard aspect to pin down since, by its nature, the results will surprise us. We do know, though, that it intensifies and highlights Uranus themes, especially centered on sudden events that are psychologically explosive. Much more widely, Sun opposes Saturn (3°45' in mundo), which may not do much more than reiterate that events are sad (or there is a heavy price to pay for positive gains) and that the president catches the brunt of it.
Finally, the recurring Moon-Pluto conjunction is opposite Venus. This makes it more personal. Internationally, it means a change of relationships (of alliances and antipathies). Locally it suggests loss of loved ones and community (tipping the scales just a bit toward suspecting a natural disaster).
Check the maps section to see where the individual planetary lines have local impact. This may be unusually important this month.
Arilunar (Aug 16) Effective Aug 16-23. The Arilunar is effectively identical with the Caplunar so this is likely the weak that the strongest effects of the Caplunar will be felt. Sun (MC 0°23') and Mars (WP 0°32') are both within 1° of angles, Saturn (IC 2°02') and Uranus (Dsc 3°24') are also foreground. Moon squares Pluto. Primarily, read the Caplunar interpretation for details.
Sun closely opposite Saturn along the meridian is the main aspect. This always suggests primarily sad, arduous events. Focus is especially on the government but, even more pointedly, on the president. Saturn square Uranus (3° in mundo) can be loss-laden events that feel explosive and other forced bubble-bursting confrontations with harsh reality, while politically it is the easy mark of partisan gridlock. It likely isn't as simple as saying the fall elections are picking up momentum. The positions look like the president is polarized against opposition that won't budge. (Mars and Saturn, both angular, are in close square in right ascension.)
Local influences can be seen in the map section. Boston seems especially in the news for Uranus themes. The Mars line through Albany likely also is significant.
Canlunar (Aug 23) Effective Aug 23-31. Though the Caplunar's influence continues all month, I suspect the biggest (inaugurating) events have passed. Similar planets are involved this week, so the same types of events are in play (maybe the same event); but the relative strength has shifted. For example, the president is no longer singled out to receive the brunt of the attack. Things are starting to be brought more under control.
It's a bad week again. Saturn is 0°07' from Zenith to set the basic tone. While this could be many kinds of losses (such as a bad stock market week), it seems clear that significant loss of life has been the theme. There is also enormous rigidity. Saturn square Uranus is the primary aspect, which can mark many kinds of crises but, politically, is especially partisan deadlock. Saturn (at 0°07' from the angle) is clearly stronger, but Uranus (only 1° away) is stationary and exercising a great resurgence. Liberal things push back hard against the conservative, freedom tries to get the upper hand over safety, independence over restriction, and the forces of change make a noble stand against forces of the status quo. (So, sigh, it's probably guns again.)
Mars and Pluto have wider angularities. Of this, the most important thing is that instead of a closely angular Sun that is afflicted, we see a non-angular Sun closely squaring the rising Mars. Sun is no longer the target: It's the agent of action. Aggression is no longer centered on the nation and its leadership directly. Rather, the nation and its leadership is leading the charge.
Of local influences, I am most concerned about Saturn square Ascendant not only in Washington but curving through Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. There are also powerful Moon-Pluto lines through the Gulf Coast, part of the Midwest, and across the plains. See the maps for fine points.
Liblunar (Aug 31) Effective Aug 31-Sep 6. The final week of the astrological month has a simpler message. It's all about the Moon-Pluto square closely angular.
Though the Caplunar's influence continues all month, it's noteworthy what we do not see in the current chart. We do not see Saturn-Uranus partisan polarization, or overt indications of aggression and conflict. We see, instead a single message that shifts circumstances significantly and connects to us powerfully.
Moon-Pluto marks events stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity. Marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts, the nature of these events makes them difficult to predict. Please understand, though, that this aspect (not angular, but existing with a small orb) has marked almost every weekly ingress for the last three years, so we are somewhat used to "unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts." It has been the tone of the time. Staggeringly intense events have held our unflinching attention until most people really want them to be done and over. The difference (with the aspect exactly angular this week) is that we won't be able to take our eyes off of them: They will be in our face.
Being optimistic, since Saturn-Uranus has withdrawn from the angles, this could mean a stunning breakthrough on rigidly resisted, blocked conditions. Similar energies break through in Pres. Biden's chart this week, so we at least see him in a surge of strong, assertive action.