for the four weeks beginning MAY 29, 2021
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 14, 2021 to Jan 14, 2022. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Jan 13-Feb 9 forecast.)
- More severe than 2020, but a year of action instead of paralysis.
- Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn continues to define conditions, emphasizing autonomous survival and solitary self-sufficiency.
- MARS square SATURN (0°34', exactly angular). Harsh, hateful, hurtful, destructive hardship, e.g., deadly violence, fires, explosions, financial crises. Fosters hate + conflict arising from feeling powerless, shamed, diminished: Primitives competing for basic survival amidst widespread hardship.
- JUPITER square URANUS (0°42'). Recovery and salvation through scientific advances and social revolution. Collective optimism anticipating good change. Broadly, boldly liberal government or political activism: Ideological rebellion, remapping the larger social contract, liberal social agendas (demanding wider horizons, expanded and diversified opportunity, civil liberties). Invention, futurism, new tech (or tech vision), and “good science” engage imagination. (Uncommon for disasters except floods.)
- Activity and activism, rarely gentle or well-behaved.
- Mars-Uranus. Explosive: physical or psychological "bombshells," surprise attack, sudden action, "lightning war" (blitzkrieg). Moon-Uranus. Swiftly changing circumstances requiring rapid adaptation and response. Moon-Mars. A broad sense of emergency: Violence, fire, disaster, damage, assassination (or other severe crisis for leaders).
- Economic difficulties: Economic crisis and threatened markets (Jupiter to Mars-Saturn). Shifting conditions in banking and economic management (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn). The upside: We surely need to consume significant resources for economic recovery.
- Structural investment. Rebuilding economic foundations and physical infrastructure.
- Spinning up the wheels of industry, economic expansion: Greater industry and productivity (from the same aspects).
- Mars-Jupiter is stormy (including destructive weather). Forward momentum, expansive, with an enterprising spirit useful to recovery. Post-pandemic era of opportunity for new entrepreneurs, renewed entrepreneurial spirit, readily available capital investment.
Effective Apr 14 to Oct 18. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Apr 5-May 2 forecast.)
- Jupiter on Dsc (0°38'), sq. Moon (1°37'). The best six months of the year. Increased prosperity overall: Return to work, a stabilizing economy, increased optimism and sense of well-being. Communities feel stronger, more secure. More good news than bad across the six months.
- Saturn on WP (1°17). Survival challenges continue concurrent with emerging good news. Seriously rough times overlap the sense that things are improving. "Getting better" is gradual.
- Saturn-Uranus square. Independence vs. restriction and liberal vs. conservative polarization. Long in restrictive lockdown conditions, people want to get out, to get back to their prior lives despite (or defying) the risks. Freedom vs. safety, the "old way" and "new way." Political opposition and gridlock threaten when we can least afford them.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Neptune Uranus Saturn. Saturn and Uranus (in square) transit Capsolar angles. Neptune squares progressed Cansolar Moon. In an uncertain time, when doubt and insecurity have overflowed the banks for weeks, something new breaks through to shake things up, dislodging stuck circumstances. Tensions between safety vs. liberty return. Political polarization (gridlock) hovers. It would be foolish to rely on any result landing exactly as one hopes: Success, if obtainable, is best measured in all parties being equally unhappy with the deal.
Within this, MARS joins Saturn and Uranus transiting Capsolar angles June 5-19 (crossing Capsolar EP then squaring its MC). In some parts of the U.S. (and perhaps in Washington itself), this will be explosive with fires, violence, struggle, and general alarm. More optimistically, Mars penetrates current conditions with such urgency (sense of emergency) that it may fully dislodge the stuck conditions. Saturn square Uranus is exact 6/14 and comes to Cansolar Quotidian angles the same day.
Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Canlunar (May 16)
Effective May 16 to June 5. Moon opposes Pluto within 0°44' in mundo with both planets square Midheaven (Pluto 0°20', Moon 1°21'). These three weeks mark a turning point both in current major issues and in larger matters that have been in transition for a few years: It likely will more strongly ignite the chief issues of Pluto in Capricorn.
In general, Moon-Pluto aspects - which have been in nearly all lunar ingresses for two years - signal events that stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity, marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts. These are easily seen week by week, even when that glaring Moon-Pluto characteristic isn't mentioned in the forecast. For the current three weeks, though, we can expect these characteristics to be especially obvious.
One type of event common for both Moon-Pluto aspects and their angularity are uprisings and revolts of the people - strong uprising of mass-mind erupting into defiant collective action (and, often, effort by governments to suppress them). Given simultaneous strong Saturn and Uranus angularities (see the Bridge), we likely will see an increase in protests and other collective, defiant raising of voices for these three weeks.
Caplunar (May 29)
The Caplunar is dormant. Moon's aspects to Mars and Pluto enhance volatility and (temperamental or behavior) inflammation worldwide.
Arilunar (Jun 5)
Effective June 5-13. Moon (WP 1°) squares foreground Mars and Pluto (0°23') each - the Mars-Pluto opposition having a 0°00' orb! These aspects operate worldwide (and duplicate Caplunar worldwide Moon aspects), though they are especially concentrated on the United States by being angular in Washington.
Mars-Pluto may operate worldwide, or may indicate a lot of similarly-themed individual events out of the world. Because we are not out of the collective pandemic woods yet, it seems inconceivable that this represents something like the outbreak of war, but something of that feel is happening everywhere. Overall, Mars-Pluto aspects indicate violent, ferocious, often explosive unleashing of force (such as bombs, other explosions, accidents, warring, earthquakes, hurricanes, structural collapses, and fires that release explosive force). Its energies are broadly disrespectful of law and disclose the consequences of cumulative stresses. Moon-Mars aspects created a heightened state of emergency, its typical expressions including violence and other destruction and loss of life, blood, fire, bombs, earthquakes, accidents, war, bombings, and other attacks. Moon-Pluto will bring its usual character of stunning our senses and silencing the mind with the intensity of its impact.
Around the world, the Mars-Pluto opposition is exactly angular through New England, the west coast nations of South America (earthquakes in Chile seem too easy a thing to call), Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, inland (central) China, parts of Indonesia, a possibly bloody swatch of Africa from Angola up through Egypt, the volatile area of the Turkish-Syrian border and central Turkey, and a swipe through central Europe along the meridian of longitude about halfway between Prague and Rome. Don't be surprised if Mount Etna pops its top more ferociously than usual.
Canlunar (Jun 13)
Effective June 13-26. This covers the period of the exact Saturn-Uranus square in space, transiting Washington's Capsolar angles: In the Canlunar, this is only 0°08' wide with Saturn 0°31' and Uranus 0°38' from an angle. (During this fortnight, Mars joins Saturn-Uranus transiting Capsolar angles.)
Clearly, Saturn-Uranus dominates these two weeks. In may be in response to the Mars-Pluto events of the week prior; in any case, these are rough weeks. In addition to the usual Saturn-Uranus refrain of tensions between freedom vs. safety, liberal vs. conservative, or change vs. status quo, Saturn-Uranus events are commonly marked by loss-laden explosion and a forced bubble-bursting confrontation with harsh reality - especially with concurrent Mars transits and the recurring Moon-Pluto aspect.
Times are tough. It will take ingenuity and creativity to address these conditions. Yet entrenched, opposed forces resist these things. The nation seems poised to round a corner, but first has to deal with the oppositional character of 2021's most important outer planet aspect.
Liblunar (Jun 19)
The Liblunar is dormant.