Preliminary Report: GOOD EVENTS

Publications, including free downloads, commercially available publications, and user recommendations of books.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Preliminary Report: GOOD EVENTS

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Years ago (back on the old forum), Jupiter Sets at Dawn started a thread of "good events" in the Mundane Astrology section to address the near absence of such things in the history of Sidereal mundane astrology publishing or available research.

It took years for me to feel we had enough to run with, and for me to decide what to do with it. I finally decided simply to add them as a "Good Events" chapter on their own - a nice wrap-up to the dozens of chapters of disasters. (At last, the book has a happy ending! :) )

I've finished the first stable draft of what eventually will be a new chapter in a new edition of Sidereal Mundane Astrology. I have the chapter as a separate file that you can download now. (I found this to be quite a lot of fun.)

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ansnmu2xbktamtMVFUHzsvQF4IWIag
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: NEW Prliminary Report: GOOD EVENTS

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Would the rescue of the boys from the Tham Luang caves in Chiang Rai, Thailand last year be appropriate here?
They were found July 2, 2018, no time, first good report at 16:14 and brought out almost a week later.
The rescue mission started on 8 July, with divers entering the cave at 10:00 local time (03:00 GMT). The first boy emerged at 17:40 and by 19:47, three more had followed. Then they paused for the night and the rest came out the next day.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: NEW Prliminary Report: GOOD EVENTS

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Would the rescue of the boys from the Tham Luang caves in Chiang Rai, Thailand last year be appropriate here?
They were found July 2, 2018, no time, first good report at 16:14 and brought out almost a week later.
The rescue mission started on 8 July, with divers entering the cave at 10:00 local time (03:00 GMT). The first boy emerged at 17:40 and by 19:47, three more had followed. Then they paused for the night and the rest came out the next day.
I found the data and did a full work-up. It is grossly different from the other "happy events" - in fact, it looks like a classic tragedy. This isn't a reason to exclude it (and I'm keeping the work-up posted and available for anyone to see), but it is a reason not to race to add it to a small group of data where the data points of this one event would numerically upend the rest of the set.

I'll keep it around until I can work with it some more. Maybe there are things I don't know yet (I remember reading something about a sexual molestation scandal around the rescue, but didn't bother to read it). Or maybe it eventually needs to be listed, like Mount Tambora, as a statistical outlier. Thanks for the recommendation and pointing me to it, this should have been worked up last year. At the moment, it seems the charts are more about them getting lost than them getting found. (I also did the lunar ingresses for them getting lost, which were quite descriptive.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

gmugmble
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Re: Preliminary Report: GOOD EVENTS

Post by gmugmble » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Most of the "good events" in the report are better described as bad situations ending (like a lost child being found). That seems like a separate category from inherently happy events (like Woodstock).

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:44 pm

gmugmble wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Most of the "good events" in the report are better described as bad situations ending (like a lost child being found). That seems like a separate category from inherently happy events (like Woodstock).
I do see your point. There simply aren't that many of those in the world. I suppose we could take just the category of national celebrity births and weddings, and those would be worth studying on their own - but that's also a different category and wouldn't necessarily have the same flavor (since some are only superficially "good").

I've used the definition of "things that come out dramatically better than anybody expected them to," in order to include both "intrinsically" good events and "good events by outcome."

If you have an idea for outstanding, world or nation attention-grabbing or needle-moving or historically worthwhile events of a truly good nature for which we have a well-identified date, place, and preferably time, please submit them! (Submit! Submit!)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:28 am

I would submit that the founding of the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library are two events that are all around good. I would also say that the Smithsonian Institute as well as the Ivy League colleges like Harvard Yale and espicially Cornell all constitute wonderful events in human history.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:59 am

Veronica wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:28 am
I would submit that the founding of the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library are two events that are all around good. I would also say that the Smithsonian Institute as well as the Ivy League colleges like Harvard Yale and espicially Cornell all constitute wonderful events in human history.
I agree that those are good things, especially across time, but astrologically those events probably will just show construction and the pomp and circumstance of ceremonies. Nonetheless, if you'd like to dig out the date and time of each occurrence, I'll be happy to run the charts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm

The Guinness Book of World Records would be a great resource for pulling out goodness. Its the most stolen book in America Im told.

I bet the record set for largest smiley face ever made had a nice chart for that time and place😀

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Veronica wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm
I bet the record set for largest smiley face ever made had a nice chart for that time and place😀
If you can find it, I'll run the charts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 am

Ill get the book and flip through it and see if any events have good data.
The few "greatest" records I looked up didnt have any times listed (ie the biggest smile was in Dresden at a Dental college with no time listed....)