New edition of Zodiacs Old and New

Publications, including free downloads, commercially available publications, and user recommendations of books PLUS sub-forums discussing astrological software of interest to Sidereal astrologers.
colleenm
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

New edition of Zodiacs Old and New

Post by colleenm » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 pm

I've been mocking up book covers for the reissue of Cyril Fagan’s first book, Zodiacs Old and New. This book will contain material that validates Fagan’s arguments—material that was not available during his lifetime. It will be about 50% longer. Ken hopes to have it out by the end of the year. We will then offer the free webinar to introduce Fagan's astrological legacy to the new crop of astrologers—many have never heard of him!

These mock ups are rough and some contain watermarks that will disappear when we buy the image. We are partial to the blue cover, top left. It is a photo of a relief depicting the pharaoh Menes and the Babylonian Ruler Hammurabi. It is on the wall at—are you ready?—the US Supreme Court, in Washington DC.!

Would you like to vote? We would love your feedback. Here is the link. Desktop viewing is best: www.westernsiderealastrology.com/copy-o ... k-mock-ups
Last edited by colleenm on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: New edition of Zodiacs Old and New

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:26 pm

Wow, what a great batch of possible covers.

First, Col, let me say that I've been looking forward to this re-release. It can be a quite important work.

My favorites are different than yours: Of the top row, I like the all-sepia better than the blue - it sets the "look back" "old photograph" tone that matches much about the book.

But for graphics, the second row is my all-out favorite, with preference for the first one (the one with a white section).

Artistically, I like the cuneiform cover; but conceptually, I don't like that it tips the matter entirely to Babylon and away from Egypt (even though the 786 BC event was distinctly Babylonian).

In a sense, one can never get too much of the Denderah zodiac but, OTOH, it's been used a lot - maybe overdone. So, after the first item in the second row, and ahead of the all-sepia in the first row, my #2 favorite is the very dynamic, eye-catching lower left.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:42 pm

I like the the brown one in the first row better than the blue, but the one I really like is in the 2nd row. The winged lion without the whitespace. The colors on that will set it off from the Solunars volumes.

After than I like the cuniform one. Very attractive. I do like the Dendarah zodiac, but I'd rather see you use that for volume 3 of Solunars.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 am

I like the blue cover depicting the Dendarah zodiac, more eye-catching for me. IMO, represents more of the spirit of Fagan's writings about the "Origins of Astrology" with the Ancient Egyptians.

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:03 am

I like all of them except the last two rows.
Regards, Flo

colleenm
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by colleenm » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! I really appreciate that you took the time to look.....very helpful to us. The winged lion is a big hit......much more than we expected....keep them coming folks, we love to hear from the WS community.

Thanks again!
Colleen