Printed Ephemeris

Publications, including free downloads, commercially available publications, and user recommendations of books.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Printed Ephemeris

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Jim, what would you suggest as best (easiest, fastest) way to obtain the Ephemeris tables for years from 2025 onward?
I use them in the paper form (as book); The American Sidereal Ephemeris 2001-2025 is running its course out 😊
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Printed Ephemeris

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Not Jim, and not a book, but if you go to astro.com and choose Free Horoscopes => Create an Ephemeris and be sure to choose your zodiac!, you can get either a printable PDF for the longitude of the planets for a year (Moon shown only once a day but..) or a PDF for the longitude, latitude and declination for a year.

There's an option for longitudes for ten years, some other stuff like asteroids,
and a midpoint ephemeris for a year, which is kind of neat.

Edited to say BE SURE TO CHECK THE ZODIAC EVERY TIME and before you waste paper and ink printing out.
The zodaic is on the first page of the PDF. Check it.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Thank you.
I guess my adamant avoidance of astro.com is unsustainable, and I have to finally fully accept that damn fact :mrgreen:

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Solar Fire prints a custom ephemeris as you wish: Dynamic > Ephemeris Generator

PS - Why so far in the future?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Danica wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:15 pm
Thank you.
I guess my adamant avoidance of astro.com is unsustainable, and I have to finally fully accept that damn fact :mrgreen:
You're welcome.

Just curious, why the wish for adamant avoidance? Doesn't seem like an inherently evil site or like it's being run by bad people.

I do avoid the forums there. Overrun with weirdness.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Only because their way of addressing and approaching Sidereal (the last time I've visited; maybe this changed in the meantime?): the warnings 'you are about to use Sidereal! are you sure you want to do that?' (then you say Yes, but they warn and ask you again) - and the disdain of the community connected to the site & forum (especially the eminent astrologers) for Sidereal.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Nah. Most of that stuff is still there. You can skip it if you set up a (free) account and save your preferences though.

While the people who write a lot of the articles are tropicalists, most of what they know about sidereal zodiacs is based on Hindu/Vedic/Jyotish astrologers who have way too many techniques and points and whatever and can point out how anything and everything is shown in the natal chart, in hindsight, of course.

They don't know much about us beyond we use the same zodiac as the Babylonians and it's the oldest known zodiac.

At least they didn't decide to just stick to their own zodiac. Or at least the guy who wrote the software didn't.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:13 pm
At least they didn't decide to just stick to their own zodiac. Or at least the guy who wrote the software didn't.
Got to give the credit where it's due, agreed.