Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 17

Publications, including free downloads, commercially available publications, and user recommendations of books PLUS sub-forums discussing astrological software of interest to Sidereal astrologers.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 17

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:56 am

The 17th Edition of Sidereal Mundane Astrology is now available for download. I've been working on this for 17 months since ver. 16, and I'm happy to get it "out the door." It has 501 events and has reached 1,080 pages.

This is an important edition - I recommend everyone get it if interested. The most important part is over 120 new events analyzed, bringing the total to 501. The 500 event threshold is what I've been working toward: Some statistical analyses weren't possible with the smaller numbers.

Oher changes will be evident as you thumb through. I've incorporated some different visual display styles that should make a few things clearer, including adding color to the profile graphs so that the dominant planet for each kind of event is immediately, intuitively obvious. Some chapters have been consolidated, e.g., the two types of structural collapse have been "collapsed" into one chapter and their numbers merged. The boundaries between the "war" events and the "warlike" events became tenuous as the number of events increased so these have been combined. One appendix was folded into the "Quantifying Techniques" chapter and a couple of other small appendices were added, including one called "Other Interesting Tabulations" that I think may be of interest (hence the name).

You can download it here:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ansnmu2xbktam8tNnvB ... A?e=MKdU4M

Enjoy!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 17

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:02 pm

It's a big book. Don't try to print it off. You don't have enough ink.

On the bottom of the fifth page (the table of contents starts at the 7th page, so don't get confused) there's a paragraph titled Navigating This Book. It says:
"Given its voluminous information, with hundreds of events and thousands of individual charts examined, this is not a book most people will read straight through, front to back. I suggest that you read the first seven chap- ters for a foundation and browse Chapter 8 (interpretations) to your satisfaction. For each of the two dozen chapters on event categories, read the “Profiles” section at the beginning (for an overview of the astrology of the event-type), and two or three specific events that interest you. Of the Appendices, “Boundaries of the Sidereal Zodiac” and “Sidereal Astrology Points of Agreement” are the most important on a first pass."

You'll be happier if you take that advice under advisement.
It's a big book.

parsfortuna
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by parsfortuna » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Thank you for the continual refinement and availability of this resource.

For the 1st Sir Arthur Conan Doyle example (pg 14), I cannot match the charts in my Solar Fire or Sirius with the given time of 4:55 am.
I've double checked using the correct Ayanamsha and everything else. I obtain very different charts in both programs than SMA 17 displays.

The charts do match this (within an arc minute or two), however, if 5:08 am is used.
I assume I'm incorrect with an obvious error, but is it possible 5:08 am was used for the book example instead of the intended 4:55 am?

I want to make sure all is in place before working extensively on other charts. Thank you.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:32 pm

Jim is off in Sedona for a week's (? or so) vacation.

I get an ASC of 19 Gem 47:16.
Jim says 0 Gem 26.

Something's weird.

But the point isn't to duplicate Doyle's horoscope. The point is to see the difference between Pluto's position in the horoscope and the mundoscope.

I'm sure Jim will figure out the weirdness and explain it when he gets back. Till then I think you can safely proceed learning about the sometimes huge difference, especially in extreme latitudes, between the position of a planet with a lot of latitude and one that sits right on the ecliptic, and move on with the rest of the book.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:58 pm

You're right - thanks for bringing this up - the chart is wrong (just a little). Ascendant should be 27°00' Taurus. (JSAD, I think you calculated the Tropical Ascendant).

I have a suspicion how this happened - from an incomplete update. Historically, we didn't have documentary confirmation of his birth time. I think the time was slightly different. Based on this, I had a footnote "This is a traditional time, not confirmed by records. Nonetheless, it serves us to demonstrate the mundoscope." More recently, the birth certificate was found and is the 4:55 AM time I list, so I must have updated that but then not removed the footnote or updated the charts.

I'll update these but not right away. The complicated thing is that I have to relearn how to use Nova Chartwheels so I can update the next diagram, a page or two later, at the same time. (If I updated the first two without the third, it would confuse someone following along on the diagrams.) As it is (as JSAD said), these charts as they exist make the point intended, showing how Pluto ecliptically far from the angle can be mundanely exactly angular.

Again, thanks for catching this.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:58 pm
You're right - thanks for bringing this up - the chart is wrong (just a little). Ascendant should be 27°00' Taurus. (JSAD, I think you calculated the Tropical Ascendant).
I did. How strange.

I just took another look and got 27Tau00:31 I got the chart from the astro-databank and didn't notice it didn't recalculate when I transferred it over to the horoscope calculator.

ABC
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by ABC » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:21 am

Thank You..I downloaded it and converted it to .mobi for Kindle....